[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

larabn said:

petria

said: @larabn

It`s reasonable, your decision to restrain yourself from watching the subbed eps, you have my full support

;)

)

But, you just HAVE to watch the-clash-of-the-titans-scene, empress Dowager vs El Terror in the temple :-bd

Skip Ki See`s appearance, for your computer`s sake

:D

Do you think that Sung Nyang is gravely injured, has broken bones or something? That she will need a time to recover?

Hang in there, @kenneth123, just hang in there, serious temptations are yet to come...

8-}

:(

(

;)

illay said: I am actually curious what is ED's milestone on upcoming episodes since she is enlisted as villain on this drama. Until now, it looks like that she is on TH's side. What does she want to get?? She neither has husband nor child. Being a Queen? Is that even possible? (maybe like Queen Seon Doek ?? I do not watch Queen Seon Doek so i don't know why she can be a Queen).

Watching episode 17 with subs and my initial reaction to some scenes:

- Awww...jealous WY is quite hot
- Loved that scene where WY was walking towards TH and TN, with the wind blowing and all. He was like a knight in shining armor, Goryo style. TN was in fangirl mode
- SN applying medicine to WY: This is supposed to be a romantic scene, right? I just felt it was overly dramatic. I know that SN was worried, but why was WY almost crying too?
- The exchange between Golta and SN cracked me up...when he said "gently and softly, with earnest and sincerity" and then we see the expression in SN's face. =))
- Before the face washing moment, I didn't fully realize that SN is completely unaware of TH's romantic feelings. She probably think all he wants to do is play with her. The attempt to hold her hand during the shadow play probably confused her. All of a sudden, it doesn't seem like play anymore...
- LOL at Golta's face when TN said that the shadow play was prepared for her. He really is the master of facial expressions

Guest minnie0103

I just wanna share my exact thoughts about this EPIC love triangle. :) It's no surprise to see the fans/viewers divided in their own preferences and they defend the one they support. Fan wars are also nothing new. Here and even on DCInside Gallery, we are divided unequally, the majority belongs to Team Ta Hwan and the minority (including me) belongs to Team Wang Yoo. It's simple. If you prefer a man who values honor and loyalty, one who is a warrior, chivalrous, more matured, and serious, then you're on the King's side; if you like a man who acts like a little kid, annoying but cute as a puppy, playful, vulnerable, and quite whiny, then you're on the Emperor's side. We only need to respect each other's choice to keep a smooth and healthy discussion here. If you're a TH-SN shipper, then it's okay; if you're a WY-SN shipper, then go, because it's your choice and it's our freedom to make that decision. This is just a drama, nothing's real. And after all, this IS Empress Ki, neither Yuan Emperor nor King of Goryeo. The drama may be a historical romance like what Ha Ji Won said at the press conference, but based on the plot, its first and main focus is "Empress Ki" and the romance is just running a close second. But let's not be a hypocrite, no matter how impressive Ha Ji Won is in portraying Empress Ki, the story will be boring without the romance, without the two gorgeous men fighting to win her heart. Imagine how would it be like if there were no hugs between Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang, or if Ta Hwan nearly kissing a drunk Seung Nyang was out of the picture? Without Ta Hwan and Seung Nyang's hilarious, sweet bickering moments, and Wang Yoo and Seung Nyang's romantic scenes, AND the story is simply focused on war and politics, I'm not sure if we, viewers, are still alive by now. Wang Yoo and Ta Hwan may be way different from each other, but their common denominator is they both love Seung Nyang, even though their love for her is different, from what we can see.

I also want to mention this. The drama is no longer 100% based on the history, nor is it based on the novel. The drama is more likely fiction. Yes, let's say Emperor Huizhong, Empress Ki, and Empress Tanashiri are names gotten from the history. But the flow of the story and the characteristics of the future Empress Ki are different from what has been recorded in the history. For one, the writers changed Empress Ki from a traitor, who had forsaken her own country (Goryeo) to Yuan, to a patriot, whose loyalty remains to Goryeo (as represented by Wang Yoo). And Wang Yoo himself is a fictional character. This single thing makes all the difference. That's why I don't get it when some say that "Seung Nyang ending up with Wang Yoo means ruining the history." Oh, really? :-? How will a history be ruined or damaged when there's a zero history accuracy here? It means "Empress Ki never existed" if she would just end up with Wang Yoo at the end? How is that possible? Empress Ki DID exist, in fact, we've seen her in the very first scene of the first episode. There are so many questions yet to be answered and we might get the answers from the remaining 32 episodes. So, please think first before expressing your thoughts to make sure that you won't make others feel bad.

Most importantly, we should always remember that the actor and the character he's portraying are different. IF I say I don't like Ta Hwan, it does not mean I don't like Ji Chang Wook, and same goes to Wang Yoo―Joo Jin Mo. To be honest, Ji Chang Wook is rocking his role. One word: outstanding. ^:)^ Joo Jin Mo, on the other hand, is effortlessly marvelous. Ha Ji Won... there are no words to describe how remarkable she is, as always, and I personally think that it's time for her to receive her second Daesang Award (next to the Daesang Award she got at the 2006 KBS Drama Awards for 'Hwang Jin Yi'). =D>

Each one of us represents the whole. The kind of the actor/actress one admires and supports reflects on oneself. Let's respect each other's opinion because everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Let's sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. ;)

I think it will be great if they do show her brothers otherwise what was the point of her father telling her she has brothers
why did the writers put the line then? but I hope they will support her and not be greedy looking for power and jealous of her being empress

@minnie0103
well said :) I couldn't agree more  =D> :x

@pieracapozucca - OMO, does that mean you're leaving us to go watch "Warm Words"? I'm so sorry this has been such a huge disappointment to you but I'm still loving it to pieces.  :(
@petria - You're the one who guessed El Terror forbade any teaching for TH? Genius you are! I couldn't remember who said it for the life of me last night while I was watching but I knew someone did!   
@churasan - My only fear of SN being outside the Palace is Ki-Se - he'll be right there waiting. UGH! He's just beyond any hope to me now.  :-L
@larabn - I was a tiny bit disappointed that TH's surprise shadow-puppet show for SN was ruined and I'm kinda hoping Gol-ta spills the beans to her. (that TH planned it just for her) I can imagine Gol-ta doing that! 
@mitchie2oo8 - I'm really enjoying this journey too - we have a long way to go. Huge cheers for the cast and crew for working so hard to put out such a great show! smiley-happy105.gif
@petria and @larabn - OMGosh, you guys heard bones cracking? insomnia.gif  I need to watch it again. Noooooooo! 
@illay - Yep, we still have a long ways to go there too - SN still hasn't met the brothers that her Father mentioned. A lot to look forward to! a040.gif
@minnie0103 - Excellent post, thank you! I couldn't agree more. This is my first experience with a "shipping war" and it's been fascinating. 

Guest Lyly1430292245

larabn said: hey, so I surrendered and watched the ep

"MBC please use the members in soompi empress ki forum to proofread your wonderful subtitles"
"stupid dofus dork head"...........interesting can't you just say "pabo" as a fool 

and this stinks.........seriously???? =))  =))

TH...I'm happy he was ready to fight but I was scared he might do it irrationally
and who is the prey in all this it's SN
and lol at him saying that it's little water that SN got worried about.............dude that was boiling hot tea
(I got burns from it once, I know how it feels)
in that scene where they ask WY if there is someone else keeping him from marrying
SN looking at him only means that she knows about his feelings towards her even before he hugged her or held her hand
I think it's one of those times were you can sense it but you're not sure yet

perfect timing for WY to witness this scene where it looks pretty romantic :))
couldn't you just brush your hair 10 times so you would miss this scene :(

guys I'm shipping Golta :)) so funny and his scenes make my day
so cute how he takes care of TH knowing that he likes SN and tells SN to go to him in the play to ensure his emperor's happiness
(now that is true love =)) )

and what's up with LP?? I mean I've seen pregnant women even run seriously!!! and she is sleeping in bed all day
it's making me believe that it's indeed a Dracula baby taking all her strength

Tanashiri my dear you're more delusional than your brother .......... the emperor did the play because he is jealous lol
seriously my reaction was like this too

well that explains why she didn't pay attention to anything happening in the play
she probably thought they were fighting about who will sit beside her :))
and stop with the lipstick already......I hope someone punches her hard smudging all that lipstick
across her face, it's annoying!!!!

I actually am loving the love plot in empress ki and I love how it is different from other historical dramas where it's all plotting
and only a few little romantic scenes...........so to me it was wonderful that they are showing the love plot between SN and WY
as well as TH
and I'm sure the writers planned it carefully to cover her full story in 50 eps so if it seems slow now don't worry cause all your questions will be addressed later on in the drama........we still have more than half to go :) and of course they won't be showing her as an empress without the details of how she became one
in a 50 ep drama we have to be patient unlike 20 episodes....and those 50 will be divided between love, politics,drama and fun......actually the last eps were very entertaining for me cause it was starting to show the love triangle I was dying to see so I was okay with SN not having any major plots although I don't like her serving tea all day but last ep was showing the old SN again which I've missed........I know that if these love eps keep showing for too long without any movement in the plot it will be dragging but I'm sure they won't....it's a good balance between romance and politician and as we've seen I think next eps will have a huge major plot development
cause
1- Dangkise won't stay still
2- TH will be more of a target by ET now and SN will be eyed by ET as well
because they now know she was backing TH up giving him courage to face ET
3- WY won't stay still at all now after what happened specially to SN
he will be more angry and will be determined to ruin them or take SN out of the palace because it's dangerous for her
4- ET will be using the deal WY gave him in his favors now so WY will have to act on double sides
to ensure his and SN's safety
and as shipping goes, I know people are shipping different characters although I'm not shipping anyone myself
both characters are really interesting and both of their interactions are very important....as long as everyone is peaceful in stating their opinions and ships
and not bashing each other's opinions then it's okay cause it's interesting to hear other people's point of views too and discuss them :)

@tessieroo
I know TH ruined the play for SN with his own hands literally speaking (his own hands :)) )