[Drama 2013] The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi 불의 여신 정이

Admin

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stevie8

kappy said: Here's a "Was" and "Could have been" scenePrince Gwang Hae and Jung Yi - Epi 22 - Safe House Pt. 1(rather lengthy)
He reaches for a pillow from the nearby drawer and carefully lays her head upon it.  He then places a blanket over her to keep her warm.  She looked so peaceful lying there that he dared not make a noise, afraid to wake her.  Her hair, in all the commotion of the evening, has become somewhat undone from her usual, tightly pulled back style.  He reaches in and gently moves the strands of hair from her face. He tells himself it would do no harm to stroke her face and gives in to the temptation to do so. Her skin is as soft as it was when he wiped the ink from off her cheek, he thought.  He can’t take his eyes off her, and before long, the urge to kiss her overcomes him.  As long as I don’t wake her, he thinks to himself. He succumbs to that temptation as well, gently leaning in and touching her cheek with his lips.  It is difficult for him, but he knows he must sleep and leave her to hers, so he moves to the wall and falls asleep sitting up.

The prince had shared with her earlier how comfortable he felt with her there in the safe house.  He could get used to this.  He wishes with all his might that he could.

Guest stevie8

SMP567

said:

@stevie8Thank you for disecting the article "Flowering of Korean Ceramic Culture in Japan".In my curiosity, I have done quite a research on " Baek Pa Seon " but only managed to find a few articles that mention her name and the info is not consistent. No photos of her nor her artworks show up on the internet at least as far as I'm concerned.The two main physical places that may have some records about her are Gimhae city in Korea and Arita prefecture in Japan.Even in the drama, everything about Jung is almost fictional. Unlike Gwang Hae Gun, we don't see many historic facts about her in the drama either before or after she goes to Japan.  I wonder what inspired the writer to pick her name and write the plot for GOF.

stevie8

said:

Korean white porcelain became popular in the Royal court of the Choson period. During late 15th Century, the Choson court established a group of kilns called punwon (in today’s Kwangju). Early Punwon kilns in 15th/16th Century produced white porcelains of elegant shape, impeccable high luster glaze with bluish tint, and thinly potted pure porcelain body for using exclusively in the royal court. 

During the Joseon Dynasty, (1392–1910) ceramic ware was considered to represent the highest quality of achievement from imperial, city, and provincial kilns, the last of which were export-driven wares. This was the golden age of Korean pottery, with a long period of growth in imperial and provincial kilns, and much work of the highest quality still preserved. 

deje.jpg

The brown bowl on the right is an Antique Korean Porcelain Bowl used during Tea Ceremony.........looks very much like the bowl that GH was holding in the picture with the little girl!

stevie8 said:
@SMP567 - I am puzzled as to why they wanted to base GOF on the life of Baek Pa Sun but ended up killing off Tae Do who in fact later became her husband. It doesn't mean that if the Prince could not have JY, the protector TD could not have her also, right?The GOF ending with TD dead is indeed a big blow for all KB/MGY (TD/JY) shippers!   
Mr Writer, what were you thinking?? 
Tae Do's being killed off didn't and still doesn't make sense!  No matter how I look at it, upside-down or inside-out, I don't get it!  The only dumb reason seemed to be for jacking up the rating.I think I wrote so many angry comments  ( P. 471-472 ) to the point that I was wondering if I would get into trouble from Soompi moderator!   Tae Do's death is also a gigantic blow to me and I am not even a TD / JY shipper !Oh dear!  I think I'm still steaming!    X(

Archived