[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@xopo17 - 
I know, right? I seriously never want to get married now! =)) On the other hand, I'm not stupid enough to put up with anything that any of these women put up with - no matter how much I love the guy. I do respect the Korean marriage culture and actually envy the amount of respect between family members but none of that has been shown here. The writer must be very old fashioned and very much a traditionalist? (totally guessing) 
This sends such a horrible message to women! 
EDIT: I sound like such a negative-Nancy. Sorry if I'm bringing anyone down, I'm just very frustrated. *goes into a corner to cry* 

tessieroo said: I'm so frustrated, I've been throwing things. I'd say this is the worst episode yet and this drama is slowly working it's way up the horrid level of "The-Drama-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named" in terms of stupidity. I dunno why I thought this drama might be a good message about marriage but boy, was I wrong.  :|
The only saving grace is the actors who are all doing a excellent job. 

elzbth said: That is wonderful for you but then again love was probably your reason for the marriage but in the case of JH and TW, it was a one sided love.  I don't sense any return of love from JH except for loyalty and a sense of commitment to the marriage.  In that last scene where TW pulled JH and hugged her, she closes her eyes for a split second and then stares into space.  I could feel her cold sad heart, and instantly compared it to the hug HW gave JH, in Jeju and when she ran to him in the middle of the night.  In addition there are all the scenes of when TW clutches her hand to reassure her but you see how distant they are.  Who knows maybe JH will be grateful to TW for saving HW and that is the turning point of her emotions towards TW?

After watching episode 30 I think the final 6 episodes will get better.  With HW being arrested I think JH will help him.  I think HW mom will finally meet JH and see how much she loves her son.  HW doesn't love SK.  When HW and JH kiss its love and passion.  You can see they are intense when they are together.  TW need to give JH the divorce she wants.  He needs to focus on his crazy family.  I see downfall coming for that family.

I want to see the final 2 episodes showing more of HW and JH together.  Maybe a wedding on the island they met at.  Only wishful thinking.

Guest SexyDolceVita

tessieroo said: I'm so frustrated, I've been throwing things. I'd say this is the worst episode yet and this drama is slowly working it's way up the horrid level of "The-Drama-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named" in terms of stupidity. I dunno why I thought this drama might be a good message about marriage but boy, was I wrong.  :|
The only saving grace is the actors who are all doing a excellent job. 

My parent's case are similar to the Kang's household...the only difference is that my grandma is not super wealthy.

We are still stuck under my mom's mom which is my grandma. She dictates our lives for years...(ever since I was a child) My grandma is the MIL that likes to nit pick at everything and well...she caused a lot of fights and stupid argument among the family. Throwing stuff that is "breakable" is also something that happen in my household. Not fun. I don't think I'll ever be happy being stuck here.. Lol.

So I wonder why am I even watching this drama! lol. It brings me BAD memories but I still have hope that it might end well...PLEASE END WELL!!!!!! I was actually excited for HJ...
Time to watch the 2 latest episodes...reading the comments on here...it seems like bad things happened. :/

Guest adniRose

what..only 6 episodes left..??but why do i feel like there's still many things to be solved..atleast i feel relieved seeing HJ is back at the same time JH is forced to go back to that prison...after all the moments they have, seems like they can be friends now and can protect each other from that evil mil...

paradicez said: My parent's case are similar to the Kang's household...the only difference is that my grandma is not super wealthy.

We are still stuck under my mom's mom which is my grandma. She dictates our lives for years...(ever since I was a child) My grandma is the MIL that likes to nit pick at everything and well...she caused a lot of fights and stupid argument among the family. Throwing stuff that is "breakable" is also something that happen in my household. Not fun. I don't think I'll ever be happy being stuck here.. Lol.

So I wonder why am I even watching this drama! lol. It brings me BAD memories but I still have hope that it might end well...PLEASE END WELL!!!!!! I was actually excited for HJ...
Time to watch the 2 latest episodes...reading the comments on here...it seems like bad things happened. :/

Something that I saw when I was watching raw, when JH woke up at 4:30 am to make breakfast, they filmed TW's face sleeping, she woke up, she had to change and go to her in laws house, and he was still sleeping. That's one of the reasons I want them to divorce, no matter how much he says that he will try to work things out, he will never feel what she feels, he will never be able to fully understand her, that's why he will never be able to make things work.

But @Thaila, he has been doing that all along, and nothing has changed.  There are many many husbands in this world who sleep into the day when the wife gets up and starts the day (and some vice versa too).  But most of them don't get divorced.  Especially if they seem to be still "kinda doing it" (I am still LOL at that stuff in @SexyDolceVita recaps!) ...

I guess I am the "brutal reality" guy in this thread...

jayakris said: But @Thaila, he has been doing that all along, and nothing has changed.  There are many many husbands in this world who sleep into the day when the wife gets up and starts the day (and some vice versa too).  But most of them don't get divorced.  Especially if they seem to be still "kinda doing it" (I am still LOL at that stuff in @SexyDolceVita recaps!) ...

Guest xopo17

tessieroo

said:

@xopo17 - 
I know, right? I seriously never want to get married now! =)) On the other hand, I'm not stupid enough to put up with anything that any of these women put up with - no matter how much I love the guy. I do respect the Korean marriage culture and actually envy the amount of respect between family members but none of that has been shown here. The writer must be very old fashioned and very much a traditionalist? (totally guessing) 
This sends such a horrible message to women! 
EDIT: I sound like such a negative-Nancy. Sorry if I'm bringing anyone down, I'm just very frustrated. *goes into a corner to cry* 

Guest SexyDolceVita

Thaila said: jayakris said: But @Thaila, he has been doing that all along, and nothing has changed.  There are many many husbands in this world who sleep into the day when the wife gets up and starts the day (and some vice versa too).  But most of them don't get divorced.  Especially if they seem to be still "kinda doing it" (I am still LOL at that stuff in @SexyDolceVita recaps!) ...

SexyDolceVita said: Thaila said: jayakris said: But @Thaila, he has been doing that all along, and nothing has changed.  There are many many husbands in this world who sleep into the day when the wife gets up and starts the day (and some vice versa too).  But most of them don't get divorced.  Especially if they seem to be still "kinda doing it" (I am still LOL at that stuff in @SexyDolceVita recaps!) ...

Guest xopo17

jayakris said: But @Thaila, he has been doing that all along, and nothing has changed.  There are many many husbands in this world who sleep into the day when the wife gets up and starts the day (and some vice versa too).  But most of them don't get divorced.  Especially if they seem to be still "kinda doing it" (I am still LOL at that stuff in @SexyDolceVita recaps!) ...

Guest SexyDolceVita

I just want to clarify one thing, i dont think she has to ask for the divorce because she has to wake up earlier hahaha, that would be ridiculous, I just pointed a situation that she is not happy with it, which is living like a maid, doing things unnecessarily because of her MIL. I think she has to divorce because she is not happy with her life. 
When I said that while she was making breakfast TW was sleeping. What I meant is again, he will never be able to understand her because he is not going through what she is going. 
Another example, it is very common in my country husbands to say that when their wives don't work outside, they have a easy life since their husbands has to pay for everything. However working at home isnt easy, for those that had to take care of a house, the job never ends, you always have to clean something, however most husbands dont understand because they never had to do it. Is this a reason to get a divorce? Of course not, but if you have a family that is always telling you that you are not worth, you aren't good enough, that you should be happy because you entered a rich family, if you never heard a complement, than you prob will become unhappy because you give all you can, and get never back, and most important you dont love the person you are married... Than I think if ypu want to divorce, you have the right to do it.

Archived