SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest winniepooh4ever

i was thinking.... if you pass the email auds, and you reside overseas, will you go for a closed audition in korea? and how often do they hold the closed audition? and if it is held really often and each time there are like 20 people then isnt it REALLY hard to get in?..haha sorry. my questions sound really stupid but i really want to know..

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sinaelee

For the email auditions, you attach the photos and video right?

or is there a way to make the photos appear on the email?

if that makes any sense.... haha

Guest Roselaaa123

Hi

For sm audition it's free ?

and i speak little korean it's not a probleme ?

for the result you have to wait or he'll give at the end of my hearing?

Guest Munchkins

Hi

For sm audition it's free ?

and i speak little korean it's not a probleme ?

for the result you have to wait or he'll give at the end of my hearing?

Yes, all SM auditions are free, including global and weekly.

If you speak little korean, it's okay. Most of the time, they have someone who can speak english.

As for the results, you have to wait a while. If you made it, you should get contacted from 2 weeks to a month.

If you didn't make it, then you don't get contacted at all. You MIGHT get an e-mail saying you didn't make it if you go to global.

well im nearly 17 and half chinese and half British I speak chinese fluently both main dialects cantones and mandarin what do you think my chances are i look pretty young for my age and i sing and dance =]x

That is a pictue of me x

http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/view?MemberId...oId=11473961249

and i don't wear make-up is that good when i'm auditioning?

thanks for help ;)

Guest theJAPANties

It has been 2 months since I've emailed SM. Looks like failed applicants won't get any notifications at all unless they're taking their sweet time going through the emails :(

Guest Natsune619

It has been 2 months since I've emailed SM. Looks like failed applicants won't get any notifications at all unless they're taking their sweet time going through the emails :(

I heard SM take AGES sometimes, Hankyung of Suju didn't get contacted for 6weeks! So I'm gonna send my application ASAP :P

Don't give up yet!

kpopfuture: wow I'm euroasian too but you look a lot more western than I do! Britain <3 I'm British too lol. You're pretty and it's a major plus you can speak all those languages, korean industries are trying to get their acts popular in China. Maybe try for JYP, SM? and if you're really confident try for YG

If you're trying for SM, don't wear make-up (they like the 'student' look) and audition quick! They like their trainees to be young

JYP's good if you can sing and dance well, SM are not a very good company (slave contracts etc) so avoid if possible

Guest miss_midori

I sent in a e-mail audition, I think i did pretty well, but Im wondering what would happen after that? will they call u? e-mail you back? for a live audition? because i live in MN and the auditions are in cali.... so i dunno whats gonna go down if any of you guys have any information please let me know ='(

Guest miss_midori

shoot I'm gonna be auditioning in New York coming saturday...o.0

I sing...but I definitely dont dance lol

i guess i fall under the 10% category :o!

im gonna have to singin ma heart out ;]

anyone else here auditioning this coming weekend??

HOLY BALLS! ur voice is freekin amazing! U SHALL PASS IF U EVER AUDITION!

Guest Natsune619

Hey so your half Japanese Half White well im Half white and half chinese so did the audition go well cause i was thinking that sm wouldn't take me cause im not fully asian x

I was worried about that too and I asked about that in another thread, and people said it's okay if we fit the image they want. So as long as you look quite asian, we should be fine :D

I was worried about that too and I asked about that in another thread, and people said it's okay if we fit the image they want. So as long as you look quite asian, we should be fine :D

Do you think i look asian if you just looked at me? x

hey sorry can you please send me the link to that thread please =]

so have you auditioned yet?x

Guest Natsune619

Do you think i look asian if you just looked at me? x

hey sorry can you please send me the link to that thread please =]

so have you auditioned yet?x

Well... I can tell you're mixed asian, but that might be because I've spent about hal my life in Britain so I'm used to full European faces... I'm not sure what a Korean/Japanese/Chinese living in their country would think of you

I asked about the race question in "SM, YG and JYP requirements?" or some name like that- it's in the auditions section

hope it works... the link is http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...326966&st=0

Look at the first post cos it has useful advice about the three companies, hope this helps :)

Guest sinaelee

has anyone recently auditioned with email for sm and got a reply back?

and do you guys know if their headquarters in LA is still doing auditions every week?

Guest Kei1512

When they say, "Scanned pictures", must it really be scanned pictures? Would photos that you took via a camera (not a cellphone) without photoshop and editing work as well?

Um. .I have a question.. I don't know if it has been posted so I'm sorry for posting it again!

So I want to audition for SM but the problem is.. I live in Oregon.

and the auditions are in Cali or NY.

Is there another way I can audition without going to Cali or NY?

Guest theJAPANties

I finally received a reply from SM USA about my audition.

"Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, without your demo files or video clips, we are unable to evaluate your talent and potentiality. Please send us your pictures and video clips via email or postal mail (full body and head shot recordings, self introductions and specialties)."

Of course I didn't make because I just wanted to see if I would actually get a response (and slide in the easy way with just pics) ^.^; haha

But now that everything's legit I am totally prepared for this and will try to get a vid up xP

Guest jenny620

I finally received a reply from SM USA about my audition.

"Thank you for your application. Unfortunately, without your demo files or video clips, we are unable to evaluate your talent and potentiality. Please send us your pictures and video clips via email or postal mail (full body and head shot recordings, self introductions and specialties)."

Of course I didn't make because I just wanted to see if I would actually get a response (and slide in the easy way with just pics) ^.^; haha

But now that everything's legit I am totally prepared for this and will try to get a vid up xP

when did you e-mail them? and with wich e-mail?

Guest sinaelee

Um. .I have a question.. I don't know if it has been posted so I'm sorry for posting it again!

So I want to audition for SM but the problem is.. I live in Oregon.

and the auditions are in Cali or NY.

Is there another way I can audition without going to Cali or NY?

you can try email auditions or send in tapes :)

all the information is on smtown.com