[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Missing The Heirs? Watch these 7 best K-dramas on Netflix & other OTT platforms starring the cast — Lee Min Ho in The Legend of the Blue Sea, Park Shin Hye & Park Hyung Sik in Doctor Slump

The Heirs also stars Kim Woo Bin, Kang Min Hyuk, Krystal and Kang Ha Neul…

PUBLISHED: APR 13, 2024 | 13:00:15 IST
K-dramas starring The Heirs cast

Whether you know it as The Heirs or The Inheritors, it’s highly unlikely that you haven’t watched the cult series if you’re a longtime K-drama fan. The teen romance drama is set in a high school attended by students from elite families. Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho), a chaebol heir is banished to the US by his half-brother Kim Won (Choi Jun Hyuk). There he meets Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), whose mother is the live-in housekeeper at Tan’s family home in South Korea.

In spite of being engaged to Yoo Rachel (Kim Ji Won), Kim Tan falls for Cha Eun Sang, as they reunite at Jeguk High School. Things get more complicated as Tan’s enemy Choi Young Do (Kim Woo Bin) starts picking on Eun Sang just to irritate his former best friend, but ends up falling for her as well. Kim Tan is at a crossroads as he has to choose between taking responsibility for his family business, Jeguk Group, or his love for Eun Sang. The Heirs also stars Kang Min Hyuk, Kang Ha Neul and Park Hyung Sik.

7 Of Lee Min Ho’s TV Shows And Movies You Should Know

From his breakout role to his Hollywood debut.

BY RAEANNE CHEONG - PUBLISHED 12 APR 2024

To K-culture fans and avid viewers alike, the name Lee Min Ho should be anything but foreign. Since his breakthrough role as the main love interest in the hit 2009 romance television drama, Boys Over Flowers, the Hallyu star has been charming global audiences with his good looks and emotive, enthralling performances. Lee has gone on to make his mark on the big screen, even making his Hollywood debut in Apple TV+’s Pachinko.

As a household name in the Asian entertainment scene and a rising global sensation, it’s no surprise that the actor, singer, and model has an expansive filmography of successful projects. Here, we look back at the projects that have defined Lee’s career.

The Heirs (2013)

The Heirs (2013) marked Lee’s return to playing the role of a chaebol heir. The show, which also stars Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin, is set in a high school for the elite and wealthy, and follows a group of rich heirs and heiresses as they gear up to take over their respective family empires. A huge commercial success both domestically and internationally, The Heirs cemented Lee’s reputation as a solid character actor, global heartthrob and movie star.

harpersbazaar.com.sg/lifestyle/7-lee-min-ho-s-tv-shows-and-movies-you-should-know?ref=trending

Behind-the-Scenes Clip of Kim Ji Won & Lee Min Ho Resurfaces, Stirs Emotions Online

Tags
BY Joan Cabigas Apr 17, 2024 04:16 AM EDT

behind-the-scenes-clip-of-kim-ji-won-lee-min-ho-resurfaces-stirs-emotions-online.png?w=900 A rediscovered behind-the-scenes moment from 'The Heirs' has sparked nostalgia among K-netizens.

#TheHeirs #KimJiwon #ParkShinhye #LeeMinho (Photo : https://www.instagram.com/actorleeminho/)

Recently, a touching behind-the-scenes clip from the beloved drama 'The Heirs' has reemerged, on X drawing attention and stirring emotions among fans.

This clip captures a poignant moment involving Kim Ji-won, Lee Min-ho, and Park Shin-hye.

In the clip, viewers witness Kim Ji-won's heartfelt apology and tears after an unintended mishap with Lee Min-ho on set. Park Shin-hye's comforting words, "Look at me," resonate deeply as she consoles Kim Ji-won, showcasing the genuine camaraderie among the cast.

Netizens Reflect on the Cast's Genuine Bond

Netizens flooded social media with nostalgic comments, reminiscing about the youthful spirits of the actors and the authentic bond shared on the set of 'The Heirs.' 

One netizen remarked, "Kim Ji-won's sincerity touched our hearts, and Park Shin-hye's support was truly heartwarming."

Here are other comments:

They are all babies ... They treat me like a senior and it is heartwarming ...

What is Park Shin-hye that makes people's hearts flutter lol After all, you're also 24 

... You're cute and exciting haha

Park Shin-hye and I have good chemistry... Why does it make my heart flutter when she holds my face while looking at me?

It's okay, I have to hit him again hahahahahahahaha

Jiwon Kim is so cute hahaha

Wow, she's really young, she's cute hahahaha Park Shin-hye's age difference isn't much, but she's a senior, so it's cool that she gets used to it and comforts her hahahaha

Yurahel seemed like a really evil girl back then, but now when I watch this drama, I find it so cute and adorable haha.

KdramaStars own this.

Written by: Joana Cabigas

Look, thanks to actor Kim Ji-won, The Heirs are becoming talked about again. Shin Hye also saw the video of The Heirs created by the algorithm and now keeps saying that the algorithm is the Heirs ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

• 2 weeks later...

“The Heirs” Choi Jin-hyuk “I felt embarrassed hugging Lee Min-ho”

MYDAILY |December 25, 2013 18:39

*This article contains content related to the story of the drama.
520x365x9a3c2f224344d980f3dc30ed.jpg

Actor Choi Jin-hyuk plays the half-brother of Kim Tan (Lee Min-ho) in the SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama "Those who try to wear the crown, endure its weight - the heirs" (screenplay: Kim Eun-sook, director: Kang Shin-hyo) He played the role of Kim Won, the older brother of Kim Won, and showed both his strong and weak side. Although he is a dark and harsh character, Choi Jin-hyuk's understated performance stood out as he carries a wound in his heart.

In a recent interview with MyDaily held near Gangnam, Seoul, Choi Jin-hyuk said, ``Seeing that 'The Heirs' is so popular and being talked about all over the place, I think it's great for the viewers. I felt that there was a good response."

He said, ``I was honored and happy to be able to appear in 'The Heirs.' The script was written by Kim Eun-sook, who I've always wanted to work with, so I was very honored and moved. Coach Shin-hyo was also a very nice person. He doesn't get angry. I guess you could call him a yangban (an aristocrat from the Joseon Dynasty). I never saw him get angry."

The staff and fellow actors I worked with on ``The Heirs'' were all great. However, it was difficult for Choi Jin-hyuk, who plays Kim Won. This is because Kim Won, who is stiff, cold, and grave, is very different from the real Choi Jin-hyuk. Choi Jin-hyuk said, ``It was very difficult at first, but I gradually got used to it. I watched a lot and thought a lot.''

When Choi Jin-hyuk got used to the role of Kim Won, he felt so sorry for Kim Won. This is the same feeling as the viewers. For the sake of his family, Kim Won gave up on love with Jung Hyun Joo (Lim Joo Eun) and chose to shoulder everything on his own.

450x633x9a3c2f224344d980f3dc30ed.jpg

Regarding this, Choi Jin-hyuk said, ``I feel sorry for him. He made that choice in order to put up with everything and carry his own burden. I felt sorry for him as he cried alone while carrying his wounds. He made a sacrifice for his family, so I think he shows a sense of responsibility."

"The situation is different. My family is on the verge of destruction, and all I have to do is put up with it. That's why I gave up on Hyun Joo. If I were in that situation, I think I would have made the same choice. I originally focused on love. But in a situation like that, I think I would have thought about my family first.''

However, unlike his younger brother Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho), who found love, Kim Won did not have a happy ending. There is also a feeling. Like the viewers, Choi Jin-hyuk was also surprised by Kim Won's ending. He said, ``I'm sure everyone was hoping for a happy ending, but I never expected it to end like that.I didn't particularly hope for an ending, but it was unexpected.In a situation where my father collapsed and I broke up with my girlfriend. I can't believe it's happening...'' he revealed.

``It's a heavy character, so I was hoping that his heart would be liberated, but I'm disappointed that there wasn't much of that. Kim Won's personality is very different from my actual personality. It was difficult. Kim Won is a grave and not bright person. I am a bit of a cheerful person, but Kim Won was a grave and cautious person, so it was completely different. They are similar. On the surface, Won says poisonous things to people and is always cold towards Tan, but he has great feelings for his family. I think that's why they decided to get married like that."

Choi Jin-hyuk revealed in the drama. Kim Won sacrificed himself for his family. However, it is difficult to find such a figure in Kim Won at the beginning of the play. He showed a cold attitude toward his half-brother Kim Tan and his mother Han Ki-ae (Kim Sung-ryong), who approached him with an open heart. This was the same for other characters.

Choi Jin-hyuk and Lee Min-ho are tall and look alike, so it would be no exaggeration to say that they are real brothers, but their scenes were always heavy and tense. However, some viewers felt that Choi Jin-hyuk and Lee Min-ho had a "strange chemistry" (an abbreviation for chemistry, which means a chemical reaction, and is used when a male and female actor looks good together). It seems so. In the seventh episode, which aired on October 30th, there was a scene where Kim Tan hugged Kim Won while telling him his true feelings, which made viewers feel strange.

483x856x9a3c2f224344d980f3dc30ed.jpg
Photo = SBS “Heirs” broadcast screen capture

Regarding this, Choi Jin-hyuk said, ``Maybe it's the chemistry with Lee Min-ho...'' and laughed shyly. He said, ``A lot of people looked at me that way, and a lot of people said it was good.There was a feeling of lovers, like melodies.I'd never felt that kind of feeling with men before, so it was strange. ” he confessed.

He continued, ``During the filming of the hugging scene, we were also very awkward. It was very funny. I thought, ``Why are we hugging here?'' We were so embarrassed that we both burst out laughing. Nothing happened, but I felt awkward when we started filming the hugging scene. I'm always joking around, but suddenly trying to act like that made me feel embarrassed."

In addition, after the broadcast of ``The Heirs,'' Choi Jin-hyuk participated in the filming of tvN's new Friday-Saturday drama ``Emergency Couple'' (script: Choi Yoon-jung, director: Kim Cheol-gyu). ``Emergency Couple'' is a 20-episode romantic comedy about a couple who divorced six years ago and are reunited as interns at a hospital emergency room. It will be broadcast for the first time in Korea on January 24, 2014 at 8:40 pm after "Reply 1994".

Original article distribution date and time: December 23, 2013 11:57 Reporter: Heo Seol-hee, Photo: Yoo Jin-young

Kstyle🔗https://news.kstyle.com/m/article.ksn?articleNo=1985110

Even if you think,
Maybe it's too embarrassing to mention it... ⁉
Thank you, Mom 🤱💕

[ 🌹 Mother's Day Special! ]
🇰🇷 「 #相続者たち 」
Thank you, Mom, for giving birth to me #二か国語字幕 -Episode 19-

TV

'The Heirs' finally arrives on GTV today

By Hazel Jane Cruz
Published On: May 13, 2024, 02:16 PM

'The Heirs' stars Lee Min-ho, Park Shin-hye, Kim Woo-bin, and Kim Ji-won.

Kapuso and Korean drama fans should prepare their alarm clocks at 2:30 p.m. today as GTV will finally premiere the hit and multi-awarded romantic TV series of 2013, The Heirs.

Today, the story of Ian will unfold and fans are in for a ride as he figures out how he will navigate through the world of conglomerates, business, and money even after he was thrown out by his brother, Wilson, to the United States.

His lonely yet crazy American life will get even more exciting as he meets Emma whose sole purpose was to only look for his sister, but will seem to get into trouble in the name of Ian and his fiancée, Rachel.

Even after they depart ways in the United States, their undying ties will only grow bigger as their different worlds collide once they step into high school in their home country, Korea.

There, they will meet two personalities who play vital roles in Ian's life -- his fiancée, Rachel, and ex-best friend, Leo, who will develop feelings for Emma.

Despite the differences in social class and belief, Ian and Emma's life will also get tangled with their schoolmates who, like everyone else, are trying to live their best life even if the weight of responsibility, business, and love, weigh their crowns.

Watch Lee Min-ho as Ian, Park Shin-hye as Emma, Kim Woo-bin as Leo, and Kim Ji-won as Rachel in today's premiere of The Heirs on GTV.

They will be joined by a star-studded cast like Kang Min-hyuk as Aaron, Krystal Jung as Winona, Kang Ha-neul as Austin, Park Hyung-sik as Jacob, and Choi Jin-hyuk as Wilson.

All that, and more, on The Heirs starting May 13, every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 2:30 p.m., and Wednesday and Sunday, 5:00 p.m. only on GTV.

MEET THE STAR-STUDDED CAST OF THE HEIRS IN THIS GALLERY:

meet_the_star-studded_cast_of_the__the_heirs__park_shin-hye_as_emma_1715069225.jpg

meet_the_star-studded_cast_of_the__the_heirs__lee_min-ho_as_ian_1715069210.jpg

meet_the_star-studded_cast_of_the__the_heirs__kim_woo-bin_as_leo_1715069238.jpg

gmanetwork.com/entertainment/