[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

The reference to "The great Gatsby" is really interesting, but does make sense only if we compare the way how Kim Tan and Gatsby try to show their love and how they are completely desperate about it. That's a fact.More than that, I won't to see any others similarities between them (BECAUSE I WANT A HAPPY ENDING? DO YOU HEAR ME KES, A HAPPY ENDING !!!). I will try to explain myself :
Firstly, Gatsby got a dramatic ending because he was a lonely character, without any family or friends to rely on. There was anybody to bring him into reason and make him do the right things. Without any support, he locked himself in his outrageousness, thinking that's the only way to have Daisy's attention. It's not the same situation for Tan, because Tan got his family and his friends to reason him, to bring him to reality, and also to help him. he mad a mistake by standing directly in front of his father, but I think that he will learn and react differently, with more precaution. 
In the second place, about comparing Chan Eun Sang with Daisy, I just want to make some clarifications... Daisy, as I know, was one of the inauthentic character of the novel. Maybe she was Gatsby's first and unique love as ES is for Tan. But she hesitated at the end, and that showed that her feelings wasn't authentic as Gatsby's were towards her. Daisy was fascinated money and was looking for a perfect life. And I'm pretty sure that if she loved Gatsby and wasn't only thinking about herself, she would have sacrifice herself... This having been said, I can't see anything in common between her and Eun Sang, because ES is scarifying herself for Tan. What she is trying to do is maybe wrong, but she is not doing it to hurt Tan and only thinking about herself ; she is reacting this way because she thinks that's the best for her love.
Finally, I think that ES is not what make Kim Tan lose himself, "the cause of his misfortune" as she confessed herself... She is definitely the best thing that happened in his lonely and sad life. The misfortune for Tan is the society invaded by money and interest, and that's exactly what represents his father. If there is something that can hurt Tan, it's only the external world that couldn't understand his love for ES (that is his father). Maybe the world is not able to accept the sincerity of its feelings... Because if we think about it, Gatsby didn't die because he loved, but because he lived in a corrupt world where no one wasn't able to appreciate the purity of his love...
sorry iif it's too long, I was really really really inspired by your comments... :D

favoree said: To me, the Heirs remind a little bit What happened in Bali,too. In that drama the heir to a big chaebol did not want to take over the company either. And the girl didn't his money and his world. The end was quite tragic. But here in the Heirs, there must be a happy or open ending , like in the City Hunter. The majority of viewers are young, the drama must be positive. It's Christmas time, too, so don't worry, guys.

Please writer KES, we fans of "The Heirs" all over the world, are so addicted to and loving this drama, PLEASE reward us and give us a really great HAPPY ENDING for KT and ES. We would like to see all the characters we have come to love so much HAPPY, please, nothing sad and no open ending or a rushed finale. Let us enjoy seeing them living happily ever after! THANK YOU!

WHAT THE HECK...No PREVIEW!!!
I WAS SOOOOO EXCITED LOGGING ON THINKING YES!!! PREVIEW TIME...  BUT... BUT... THERE'S NOTHING THIS IS DOWNRIGHT EVILNESS. :(SBS HAVE WE OFFENDED YOU GUYS IN ANY WAY THAT YOU FEEL THE NEED TO PUNISH US LIKE THIS 
THIS ISN'T RIGHT  [-(  I SWEAR THIS ISN'T RIGHT  >:P >:P >:P

Well, I wouldn't compare Heirs to Gatsby if there weren't legit reasons to do. With the show giving us Gatsby hints here and there, that's why this comparison is brought up. It didn't come out of nowhere. Of course, Heirs is not the exact replica of Gatsby, if that were the case, we would have a case of plagiarism on our hands. But Heirs could be "inspired" by Gatsby. 
Kim Tan is not the exact character of Jay Gatsby, but there are some traits of his that resemble Jay. And If we compare Heirs and Gatsby from a thematic perspective, there are some similarities. 
Kim Eun-sook has used a lot of literary references in this show, Gatsby is among those works. 
Here are things that I find similar,-Class - Old Money vs. New Money. The superficial world of the upper class-First Love - to the point of obsession-Dream or lack thereof - sometimes a dream becomes illusive, it's impossible to catch-What is dream? and What is reality?-Geography - America vs. Korea (the former, Tan and ES are on equal ground; the latter they are separated by class barriers)
These themes and motifs exist in both works (with some divergence), but KES doesn't have to follow the same plot lines, with the exact same characters and motivations. She could deconstruct those characters, use some elements she found interesting and add in her own creativity. 
Kim Tan is not like Gatsby because he's not amoral; didn't do illegal stuff to gain wealth, etc...But he did reinvent himself in the sense that he came clean about his illegitimate status; gaining himself a new identity. He loves ES. She's his "everything" at this moment. He said it himself, "“I lost everything. I only have you now. I can’t lose you too. Please, don’t hurt where I am not. If you do that, I will really go crazy." What do we make of a person who says something like this? Does he not bear any resemblance to Gatsby and his love for Daisy?
For Eun-sang - she's not like Daisy in that she doesn't desire wealth and luxury. She didn't come from money like Daisy. In fact ES is the opposite of Daisy in almost every way. She started as someone seeking wealth; even escaped to America to reach that goal, but she failed. Gradually, she changed to what exactly I'm not sure yet. But much like Daisy, Eun-sang is being pursued by not one, but two men. Much like Daisy, her character is narrated through the lens of others, instead of on her own. How many times have we complained that we want to see ES grow independent of other characters? She's very complex and hard to read because we can't pin point her thoughts and actions. She's always reacting to the circumstances around her. Of all the characters in Gatsby, Daisy is actually the most difficult one to analyze. 
I'm not comparing Tan and ES to Jay and Daisy like for like, but I can't deny that there are some parallels or reverse parallels between these characters. 
P.S. Yes, I've read The Great Gatsby. I think every high school kid in America has to read that book.

Guest myleisuretime

Oh my! The Heirs is actually good than I expected! VERY GOOD. No, that's not the word I want to use…how about outstanding, breathtaking, terrific, jaw-dropping or incredible. 

I see some fans are anxious about the ending. Hey…why would Kim Eun Sook want a sad ending for The Heirs when the genre initially said, "comedy, romance, drama and high school"? I've watched her two popular works and they had a happy ending. If the Heirs has a happy ending, it should be really good. I don't want a rushed finale! If we get to see older Cha Eun Sang, I hope Eun Sang's hair would be long wavy hair (just like the one she was in Vegemil Soy Milk CF) or short wavy hair (like the one she was in Heartstrings). She should wear sexy heels for Tan. Okay, I would love to continue on writing, but I have to go to work now...

Since we almost going into crazy and mad because SBS, we need some lovely pic from KIM BROTHER to make some good dream tonight guys :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr2teQHgm6r66Q4GYHlabimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrTQm5tb-od6qV3B0QyWy
They all looks good together and i also find something.
Do you feel Eun Sang looks a like Hyun Joon? :D
Yes!!! Honestly yes!
How this can be?? Because Tan and Won have a same type of the girl? LOL

KIM TAN type :
1. CHA EUN SANG
2. CHA EUN SANG
3. CHA EUN SANG

KIM WON type :
1. HYUN JOO
2. HYUN JOO
3. HYUN JOO with more money? lol

Waiting for some BTS T.T

Guest Gomjico

TV: The Heirs (Requests)

201311301012773770_52993ed3342ce_59_2013
Article: 'The Heirs' contracts sales with 13 overseas countries... Sold to Japan at the highest

Source:
OSEN via Naver

1. [+1,751, -154] I'm scared the Japanese will think the drama stole the plot of Boys Over Flowers

2. [+1,505, -46] Heirs is fun ♥

3. [+1,169, -28] Oh!! ㅋ The drama must be really popular!

-
1385617329_612127.jpg
Article: Minhyuk "Krystal's actions are cute, she makes me laugh"

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+833, -85] It's okay to date ♥

2. [+736, -42] I laugh automatically too when Krystal comes out on The Heirs ㅎㅎㅎ She's really cute

3. [+716, -46] I knew that laugh couldn't be fake. They really match each other!

-
2013113013155363434_1_59_20131130131902.
Article: Park Shin Hye "If I had to choose between Kim Tan and Youngdo?"

Source: Star News via Naver

"In the drama, I'm currently running away from Tan and Youngdo so if Eunsang is caught on a radio talking about who she likes more, something bad will happen."

1. [+3,636, -281] The lead is Kim Tan but why am I more attracted to Youngdo

2. [+3,259, -77] How can you choose between "Did I miss you?" and "This is why I fall for you"

3. [+2,815, -231] Tan's always the one causing the mess for Youngdo to defend... that's why I like Youngdo more. I feel so bad for him...

4. [+1,676, -122] Tan's looking for you, Eunsang~

5. [+1,506, -96] These types of questions are only fun for other people. It's a bit hard for the actual person to answer..

netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/11/tv-heirs-requests.html

kdramafan469

said: I don't understand why anyone would ever compare this drama to the Great Gatsby. Has anyone hear read that tale?? 1. The girl he loves is actually a distant relative.2. The girl he loves is already married.3. The girl he loves runs over a person in his car.4. He is killed because someone thinks he is the hit and run driver.

Where in that is anything like the Heirs?? THe original work by F. Scott Fitzgerald is great, but these latest movies have sensationalized and changed major parts of the story. And KT looks nothing like the flamboyant yet eccentric white man that was Gatsby.

myleisuretime said:

Oh my! The Heirs is actually good than I expected! VERY GOOD. No, that's not the word I want to use…how about outstanding, breathtaking, terrific, jaw-dropping or incredible. 

I see some fans are anxious about the ending. Hey…why would Kim Eun Sook want a sad ending for The Heirs when the genre initially said, "comedy, romance, drama and high school"? I've watched her two popular works and they had a happy ending. If the Heirs has a happy ending, it should be really good. I don't want a rushed finale! If we get to see older Cha Eun Sang, I hope Eun Sang's hair would be long wavy hair (just like Park Shin Hye was in Vegemil Soy Milk CF) or short wavy hair (like the one she was in Heartstrings). She should wear sexy heels for Tan. Okay, I would love to continue on writing, but I have to go to work now...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"The Heirs” Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin Are Friendly in Real Life
132.jpg

Actors Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin are involved in a love triangle competing against each other to earn the love of Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye) in the SBS’ Wednesday – Thursday drama, “The Heirs.” 

On episode 15 of the drama, Cha Eun Sang, Kim Tan (Lee Min Ho), and Choi Young Do(Kim Woo Bin) are grouped together for a school project. They bicker at each other as they work on their assignment at the café where Eun Sang works part-time.

However, photos taken on set during the filming of the scene revealed that although Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin may growl at each other on screen, they crack witty jokes at each other and laugh once the camera goes off. Their relationship in real life is the reverse of their relationship on screen. 

A representative of the drama’s production company, Hwa and Dam Pictures, stated, “On set, Lee Min Ho is known as ‘the prince charming,’ and Kim Woo Bin is known as ‘the knight on a motorcycle.’ They lead the scenes as they display their opposing charms.”

218.jpg

Source:http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/01/the-heirs-lee-min-ho-and-kim-woo-bin-are-friendly-in-real-life/#.Upt7acRmg1g

I just wonder why some fans (not necessarily here) are shocked about the Rachel x Hyo Shin couple? No, they weren't hastily put together by the writer at the last minute. KES has been throwing very cute hints our way about this OTP for a while now (Rachel's smiles, HS's concern/attention towards her, the ease of their interactions~)
Since it seems like he might end up in the hospital again (sigh), I for one hope that Rachel will be his strength to help him face those cold parents of his, and to give up on an impossible crush on KW's girl lol. Everyone deserves to find love one day :x
(Esna's biting my lower lip is currently playing on my iTunes~ seems fitting to this post ^^~)

kdramafan469 said:

kdramafan469

said: I don't understand why anyone would ever compare this drama to the Great Gatsby. Has anyone hear read that tale?? 1. The girl he loves is actually a distant relative.2. The girl he loves is already married.3. The girl he loves runs over a person in his car.4. He is killed because someone thinks he is the hit and run driver.

Where in that is anything like the Heirs?? THe original work by F. Scott Fitzgerald is great, but these latest movies have sensationalized and changed major parts of the story. And KT looks nothing like the flamboyant yet eccentric white man that was Gatsby.