[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

@Mishiellie, whenever I see you around posting those cutie pictures, I am anxious. so anxious that I can't keep my heart rate fall, esp. when I am waiting very patiently for dramafever to upload ep 2. Viki kills me dead for not getting the licence for the US region. I hate waiting.........

Guest Mishiellie

beamonkr said: kchung06 said: After waiting to watch this drama, I now think I have no interest . I am an American and I do enjoy k-dramas, however the portrayal of a typical American is so askew . It left a bitter taste in my mouth . If our culture and people are looked down on after this episode you can count me out . So much for heirs I-)

Guest farstrep

I am not sure if these have been posted. The thread is moving too fast for me to keep track of the articles. Apologies if they have been posted.

by Chin D   Oct 10, 2013 08:31 AM EDT class="cb b15"“The Heirs” Cast Spill Secrets In “One Night of Entertainment” Interview

The Heirs
The Heirs

Following the successful premiere of their highly anticipated drama “The Heirs”, cast members Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin were interviewed by SBS “One Night of Entertainment”.

Lee Min Ho, the charismatic heir Kim Tan in the drama, says that he is envious of his cast mates Kim Woo Bin and Hyungsik’s looks. When asked if he thought he was handsome, he said, “I don’t think so. I have really defined double eyelids and I’m insecure about my face. Hyungsik is a cutie and Woo Bin has fair skin.”

Park Shin Hye, who plays Cha Eun Sang in the drama, was asked about her thoughts on marriage. According to the actress, she is waiting for the right time. “I used to dream of getting married at the age of twenty-three, but since I’ve given up on it, I would want to get married before I reach thirty instead.” However, the actress said, “When I find the right guy, it will happen. But I haven’t seen him yet.”

Kim Woo Bin, on the other hand, admits to liking skinship with other people and that it is a way of being friendly with them. He also says that he has a different style of approaching new friends. “Truth be told, due to the problems that I had before, I don’t befriend people who were born in 1990.” Meanwhile, “The Heirs” kicked off with the rating of 11.6%. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “The Heirs” rated higher than “Medical Top Team” with 7.3%, but lagged behind “Secrets” which had the rating of 12.4%. 

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10864/20131010/heirs-cast-spill-secrets-one-night-entertainment-interview.htm

========================================

by Joan MacDonald   Oct 10, 2013 12:02 PM EDT class="cb b15"Good Friends: Lee Min Ho And Park Shin Hye
The Heirs

At a recent press conference for "The Heirs," Park Shin Hye said she wanted to get married before she reached 30. She hoped to fall in love but said that she had not yet met the right person.

That rules out all her attractive co-stars in "The Heirs." With that statement she crossed Kim Woo Bin, Park Hyung Sik and Choi Jin Hyuk right off the list of possible real-life love interests. And that statement also places Lee Min Ho in the friend zone.

While Park Shin Hye has been romantically linked with each of her past co-stars, including Jang Geun Suk, Jung Yong Hwa, and Yoon Si Yoon, she has always insisted that her co-stars were merely friends.

And now she says that she and Lee Min Ho are just good friends.

Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho first met in 2009 when they modeled together for a cosmetics company, but because of the nature of the photo shoot they never had a chance to grow closer.

"As soon as we got comfortable with each other, the shoot ended," she said.

But they quickly became friends once "The Heirs" began shooting.

"His personality is so great," she said. "Whenever we work together, we joke around and that makes it comfortable and easy for shooting to continue. He's a gentleman but he's also a little kid and I like to tease him by telling him as much."

Lee Min Ho said that their off set teasing helps their relationship onscreen seem more natural. He also thinks she plays the character of a poor working girl so well that every time he sees her he is inspired to want to buy her something.

"I think she fits her character very well," said Lee Min Ho.

Lee Min Ho should know that she's not just a good actress but also a loyal friend. Park Shin Hye has remained friends with all her leading men. She became friends with Jang Geun Suk when they were romantically paired on the set of "You're Beautiful" and they still pal around four years later. She said they were like brother and sister on set and even hit each other. But no romantic sparks ever happened. She says he was indifferent to her.

"We are just friends and enjoy spending time together," she said.

She also denied dating Jung Yong Hwa and said they were just close friends, even though she did admit they looked good together.

As to Yoon Si Yoon, her "Flower Boy Next Door" she did once confess that the actor was her ideal type, but then decided she did not want to date a "funny guy" but rather one who was more serious.

No matter how the romance progresses in "The Heirs," and it seems to have come far in the first episode, at least Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye will remain friends. And she is a good friend to have.

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10868/20131010/friends-lee-min-ho-park-shin-hye.htm

Guest Mishiellie

hnin wintnaing said: @Mishiellie, whenever I see you around posting those cutie pictures, I am anxious. so anxious that I can't keep my heart rate fall, esp. when I am waiting very patiently for dramafever to upload ep 2. Viki kills me dead for not getting the licence for the US region. I hate waiting.........

=)) =)) =)) this reaction reminded me of my  6 years old nephew  when my sisy  tells him , he can,t eat anymore ice-cream!!! =)) =)) =))i have 6 years oid nephew how react like that when u tell him we,re out of ice_cream

espesiolly with that cute hat

espesiolly with that hat.

oh my gad , now i acutally miss him :-O

Guest Mishiellie

Don't know if these has been posted yet (I was too lazy to back track 40+ pages)
cr: CJH DC
He looks so sad in first  2 pics T^T

Guest farstrep

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Heirs" Episode 1

2013/10/09

photo358080.jpg

This drama starts out highlighting a rather ambivalent attitude toward the United States. On the the one hand, this is the country of awesome surfing, gorgeous scenery, and a crazy party atmosphere. On the other hand, the very name America appears to be synonymous with exploitative interaction between the sexes for ill-advised financial reasons. And this appears to be true for both the richer and poorer members of the cast.

I was not expecting "The Heirs" to take such an ambivalent attitude to Korean-American cultural interactions. But I have to admit- I'm really enjoying the creative direction. Cha Eun-Seok (played by Yoon Jin-seo) has a very interesting role here as the older sister who escapes conservative Korean society. In Western fiction, this is a common character archetype whose independence represents what makes America great, the lies she tells to her family being a tragic necessity for letting her be herself. But by reversing this dynamic, and showing it from the Korean side first, this drama exposes the hollow nature of these rationalizations and their ultimate self-centeredness.

It's rather telling that America here is treated like a giant amorphous entity where people hang out and do what they want without having to worry about their parents getting in the way. For lead character Kim Tan (played by Lee Min-ho) this is probably, maybe a good thing, since most of his interactions with other Koreans are pretty iffy. But the plotline with Eun-Seok makes it clear that being cut off from family for too long can end up pretty bad- it's impressive (and depressing) how badly she comes off here when this is literally a drama about rich people abusing their children's marital prospects for business purposes.

The style in "The Heirs" is so distinctive in this regard that I'm not remotely sure what direction this storyline is supposed to go. All the basic tropes are telegraphed for a Cinderella story, but it already looks like the easiest possible ending is off the table because the drama is surprisingly honest about just how unpleasant a place America can be. It's a jolt of realism that's of little use in a fantasy story, though it has lots of potential for quality drama- such as the lack of escape.

I suspect this is where the Los Angeles stage of this drama is going to go- right from the get-go we see that characters can't defy their fate by just partying in America indefinitely, and that one way or another, the pursestrings are going to show up and demand some responsibility. Responsibility in exchange for activities that clearly require money yet don't actually accomplish anything? Talk about putting a damper in the wish fulfillment- by all means, let's see how far this particular rabbit hole goes.

Review by William Schwartz

"The Heirs" is directed by Kang Sin-hyoand written by Kim Eun-sook and features Lee Min-ho, Park Sin-hye, Kim Woo-bin and Krystal.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-heirs-episode-1-61407.html

================================

"The Heirs", Fun VS Cheesy

Source | 2013/10/09

photo358083.jpg

Two sides of the viewers' have been spoken.

On the first episode of the SBS drama "The Heirs", Cha Eun-sang (Park Sin-hye) visited her sister in the States.

Kim Tan (Lee Min-ho) was sent off to the States by his cold-blooded brother Kim Won (Choi Jin-hyeok). Cha Eun-sang on the other hand, did all sorts of part time jobs to maintain a living.

As much as it deals with wealthy high school students, images of Kim Tan's surfing or his American house stood out. However, the English lines and maturity of the characters did make it seem cheesy.

Netizens say after the first episode, "I have decided on you", "It's great", "It's a bit cheesy", "It's a pretty boy drama", "Why does it show him surf so much?", "The visual is different", "Lee Min-ho is handsome", "It's so fancy from the beginning" and more.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-the-heirs-fun-vs-cheesy-61389.html

Well... Hello Everyone"  I've just finished watching the first episode with subs, I got 2 tell you. That LMH (KT) is a tip of an iceberg" I'm loving HIM and PSH (ES) Wow on how they connected so fast, Actually where they filmed in Huntington Beach California, is where my cousin lives.. I spoke 2 my cousin on the phone :)] and mentioned about the HEIRS Drama, she told me that she was their somewhere in the background.. A LYING WITCH ;;) She knows I'm a crazy Fanatic over KDramas ;)) So far this Drama has it all, Excitement, Funny, Intrigue, Sadness with ES and sister scene, and can't leave out and will be Romantic as watching each episode, Just making us want more.. They really put a great cast together" Oh how I loved the scene with KT, ES, and the OFFICER, I guess he knows KT very well ;) Last but not Least" I hope the writer keep it in a good direction, 4 everyone 2 continue watching it.. The RATINGS so far is Awesome  :-bd  btw" Since I been watching Korea Dramas, My Husband had the Audacity 2 tell me to cancel my Cable channels, and just get the Basic regular channels, I looked at him :( and said.. are you out of your mind, There's no way I can cancel my cable channels, because I have my KOREA CHANNELS on it  ;)) Believe me" after watching TMS he already think's I'm Crazy and Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest  8-} ^:)^ ~X(

Mindy said: The main couple are moving so fast.
They've spent the night together (OK, so not literally, but hey...)They've run around holding hands.They've gone on a cinema date (OK, so it wasn't intentionally...)He's met the best friend (through SNS stalking) and she's met the *beep* of a fiancée.He kind of saw her take her clothes off, and next week, they're in a room together, and she gets to see him taking clothes off.I feel a first kiss is in order. 
LOL.

Guest farstrep

I am not sure this has been posted? Apologies if they have been posted.

by Joan MacDonald   Oct 08, 2013 10:38 AM EDT class="cb b15"Why Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho Filmed In The U.S.

The Heirs

Not only did Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye film some scenes from "The Heirs" in California but the drama is more American than you might imagine.

"The Heirs" is the first kdrama to be co-produced by an American company. It's a co-production between Hwa & Dam Pictures and the American online distributor of much kdrama magic, DramaFever.

"We came onboard as a co-producer because we helped the production find and secure financing, and our involvement did indeed have something to do with the shoot in LA," said Martina Lee of DramaFever.

The series will premiere this week in the U.S., Canada and Latin America only on DramaFever. The first episode will premiere internationally on SBS on Oct. 9. Each following week SBS and DramaFever will air two consecutive episodes for a total of 10 weeks.

Kdrama lovers may be seeing more co-productions in the future.

"In the coming months, and certainly into 2014, we'll be developing and co-producing more original made-for-web and broadcast-level programming," said Suk Park, DramaFever's co-founder and co-CEO.  "We're thrilled to be partnering with such a prominent international production team like Hwa & Dam Pictures on our first move into original content."

Does more American involvement in kdramas mean American fans will see more of the actors?

It's possible. While the actors are currently filming in Korea and don't have immediate plans to return to the U.S., a future promotional appearance is possible.

"We may have a surprise or two up our sleeves," said Martina Lee.

In the drama about the wealthy students of an elite school, rich heir Lee Min Ho falls for a poor girl played by Park Shin Hye. The cast also includes f(x)'s Krystal, Kang Min Hyuk, Kim Ji Won, Choi Jin Hyuk, Im Joo Eun, Kang Ha Neul and Park Hyung Sik. Kim Eun Sook, who wrote "Secret Garden" and "Gentleman's Dignity," is the screenwriter. Kang Hyo Shin, who directed "Tazza" and "Midas" is the director.

Lee Hong Ki of F.T. Island recently signed up to sing on the OST and more stars are sure to join in.

If an American company were ever going to co-produce a drama, this would definitely be a great one to start with. Interest is already so high. And DramaFever is well known to American fans. It has found a devoted audience abroad, with fans no less passionate than those in Korea. A diverse group of viewers, 85 percent of whom are of non-Asian descent, these international fans have discovered Korean dramas in part thanks to increased availability of dramas and their fan communities online.

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10811/20131008/why-park-shin-hye-lee-min-ho-filmed-u-s.htm

=======================

by Chin D   Oct 09, 2013 08:22 AM EDT class="cb b15"Lee Min Ho Reveals That He Wanted To Portray A Youthful Role Before He Reaches 30
lmh

Lee Min Ho leads the star studded cast of "The Heirs" as Kim Tan.

Many are wondering if being cast as a character that is similar to the role than shot him to fame bothers Lee Min Ho, but he is confident that he will be able to portray it differently.

Last October 7, the cast of "The Heirs" were interviewed in a press conference at Patio9 in Seoul. When asked about his new character, Lee Min Ho said, "I am different from when I played Gu Jun Pyo 4 years ago."

Gu Jun Pyo is a rich high school student who fell in love with a poor man's daughter in the drama "Boys Over Flowers". This role is being compared to his new character, Kim Tan, who is the heir of a corporation that led Korea's industrialization.

Lee Min Ho added, "As soon as the drama starts, your worries about my character being similar to Gu Jun Pyo will vanish. I am working hard to deliver the role as comfortably as I could."

He has also previously expressed the pressure of working with a cast of much younger actors, but according to him, "I would like to have a student role before I reach 30. While I'm still young, I would like to act out the pure innocence of my character."

Show your love for Lee Min Ho by watching "The Heirs" which premieres on October 9. 

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10787/20131009/lee-min-ho-the-heirs-youthful-role.htm

Guest farstrep

class="headline"Lee Min Ho Doesn’t Think He’s HandsomeCJ E&M enewsWorldBy Lee, KyungNam | CJ E&M enewsWorld

Sending disbelief through the fan world, Lee Min Ho stated that he doesn’t think he’s handsome.

On October 9’s broadcast of SBS’ One Night of TV Entertainment, Kim Sung Ryeong, Park Shin Hye, Lee Min Ho, and Kim Woo Bin participated in the ‘Fast Ball Interview’ with each other.

47766002.jpg

As Lee Min Ho stood on the hot place, Park Shin Hye said, “So there’s a rumor that you are a mirror prince because you look at a mirror so much on set.”

Lee Min Ho replied, “I’m not looking at my face, but my sideburns. It’s stressful because my sideburns always stand up.”

During the O/X question for “I think I’m handsome,” Lee Min Ho answered, “I don’t think so. My really defined double eyelids and face is my insecurity.” He then chose Kim Woo Bin and ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik as charming men.

“Hyung Sik is cute, and Kim Woo Bin has fair skin but still manages to be masculine.”

Meanwhile, The Heirs is about wealthy high school students learning about love and friendship.

Photo Credit: SBS

Reporter : Lee, KyungNam (lee1220@cj.net)

More at: http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/lee-min-ho-doesn-t-think-he-s-005118541.html

Lee Min Ho of The Heirs shows action scene on the beach in Los Angeles class="post-title"Lee Min Ho of The Heirs shows action scene on the beach in Los Angeles

1343987808-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=3&random=1 topnet10 0 Comments 705 views Oct 5, 2013

Lee Min Ho of The Heirs displayed vehement fight scene on the beach in Los Angeles, USA.
The actor is starring as Kim Tan, the heir of Empire Group who seems to have everything but keeps the pain in his heart in SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama The One Who Wants To Wear The Crown, Bear The Crown – The Heirs (written by Kim Eun Sook, directed by Kang Sin Hyo, producted by Hwa & Dam Pictures) which was premiered on October 9. Two main characters: Lee Min Ho and Park Sin Hye and other young actors: Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Won, Kang Min Hyuk, Krystal etc. will lead romantic story with much noise.
Lee and a well-built foreign man wrestled to knock each other. The 26-year-old actor showed charismatic heir of the Empire Group with his fast and nimble movement and finally managed to overpower the foreigner. The scene was shot in front of a restaurant located in Huntington Beach in Los Angeles, USA.
The drama set was provided a very comfortable atmosphere by his bright and big smile for every crews. The vehement fight scene was the Lee’s first action scene for The Heirs. He was as accurate in attending to details as he was thorough in checking the flow of his every movement and continuously practiced with the foreign man before filming.
Controlling emotion, he was totally absorbed in his work and showed tough action scene, which even drew big attention of many foreign tourists there. It is reported that a storm of hand clapping arose at his great acting seemed so real.
“Lee livens up the mood of the drama set all the time. And he is trying to do his best for excellent performances. Please keep an eye on the actor who is well-known for his perfectionism and passion for his work”. said the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures.  http://koreandrama.com/lee-min-ho-of-the-heirs-shows-action-scene-on-the-beach-in-los-angeles/

kchung06 said: After waiting to watch this drama, I now think I have no interest . I am an American and I do enjoy k-dramas, however the portrayal of a typical American is so askew . It left a bitter taste in my mouth . If our culture and people are looked down on after this episode you can count me out . So much for heirs I-)