[Drama 2013] Shark 상어 | Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus

Guest yeohweping

When the doctor said:...brain-dead donor...I think everyone knew that the whole affair will end with YS  "brains on the wall".

For now I'll just say this: if we change the line "brain dead donor" with "donor" and remove the last sequence of the film

(no sharks in the water launch!  ~X(  ) ... then we will have a final worthy of the drama.

Throughout this drama, the writer put viewers at work,  prompted us to think. to debate what we see ... to finally mock us with a meaningless end.

Where is the circle, where is the balance?

Anyway. this drama actually had to end when the clock started ticking. Point.

In my country there is a saying:gypsy drowns near the shore.,which means that after making the effort to cross the river  he loses energy and focus just before reaching the shore (final). ...needless labor,for nothing.

It's pains me so much the ending left me tasteless. Kim ji woo is my fav screenwriters and park chan hong is my fav director... Their previous revenge drama is soo awsome and ending is satisfying and fit... So it pains me more when they end shark this way. Despite all of that. This drama still has my heart .. I love the dark tone. Several score which is breathtaking,the camera work.. dll.. It's so my cup of tea... So I still like this drama despite lack in it's excecution.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sunshine4ever

"I just feel a bit cheated. SYJ needed to kiss KNG a little bit firmer. She just really brushed her lip on him and really...hahaha...for me that wasn't really a kiss!"

Please understand her! She was tired and just married!
However,  embarrassing scene
!

smse89

said:

nfsk

said:

anbi

said:

7. [+219, -2]

Died in a car crash in Be Strong Geum Soon

Died in a knife fight in Public Enemy Returns

Died in a bomb terror in Modern Boy

Died by a poisoned arrow in Portrait of a Beauty

Died to a sword in Queen Seonduk

Died by suicide in Lovers Vanished

Died to a gun shot in Bad Guy

Died again in Shark

The nation's corpse ㅠ.ㅠ I'm afraid Kim Nam Gil is going to fall into depression with all these roles;;;

cre:

netizenbuzz

Guest k_craze

I got to write something!!!!! Is this the end?!!! I'm speechless! As much as I expect Yisoo to die, I didn't expect his death to be so senseless!! In the end it seems that Chairman is the winner of it all! How come there is no justice done of catching that new detective/killer after he made the Assassin Cui to take the pill? Can't take it! Sorry for the rant.

Guest farstrep

Just some thoughts on the last two episodes:
The scene where YS's dad kills KHS is significant in more ways than one. Given YS's dad is the much-feared "Shadow", the way he murders KHS reeks of clumsiness and unsophiscation it's hard to imagine this was once the "Shadow", one whose name alone sends shivers down the tortured's spines and who is supposedly even scarier than the Penkiller. Even though it's unpremediated, given the years he has been involved in torturing/killing people, experience should have set in and he should have been acted in a calmer manner. On hindsight, this suggests unlike the Penkiller, YS's dad has truly left behind his torturer's ways and started life anew. Unfortunately, despite having the will to turn over a new leaf, the past will return to haunt him one way or another, and in YS's dad's case, it manifests in the form of KHS. 
I never thought I would say this but I like Penkiller, the unflinching way he keeps mum about Grandpa's misdeeds before HW and the police and calmly accepts his death by swallowing the poison. He's so Zen about the entire affair. But not before asking YS to get a present for his wife's birthday. And I love it more that despite all his revengeful plans, YS has not completely lost his heart and head. He does not begrudge Penkiller's family member for his misdeeds and brings the present to his wife out of the goodness of his heart. And the surprise on his face when he realizes the necklace his wife is wearing is in the shape of a key... priceless!!! This is seriously the epitome of "good triumphs evil". Wow!
One thing about revenge I have learned from this drama: when you want to completely destroy the bad guy, don't take away his last option of committing suicide. Had Grandpa successfully pulled the trigger in the study room, he would have truly lost the battle with YS. But fate dictates that he should live to complete the balance in this world - to kill YS for causing the death of the crooked cop in the early episodes and for all this chaos that had led to, directly or indirectly, deaths and unhappiness. And with YS's death and Grandpa living the rest of his life behind bars, there are no protagonists or antagonists and the balance is restored. For now.
It's been a great joy exchanging thoughts and insights with you on this thread. I hope to see you soon in other threads. :x

sunshine4ever said: red_ginger said: group hug guys. its always sad when someone dies young. when life is still ahead. its just a show but we tend to relate it to real life and it made us sad.
KNG is excellent in this drama totally diff from Bad guy character even tho its about revenge. SYJ aaaww love her even tho she's sad most of the scene. its good to see HW letting go of YS at the end at least there's closure for her to move on.

will wait for subs tomorrow.
thanks guys for allowing me to recap live even tho I don't know much Korean lol.

Chalja. :)

Guest NEWMARIO

shark.jpg

1372666382-bpfull.jpg&w=40&id=26&random=

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;"Shark Episode 17 Nam Bo Ra’s butterfly-printing blouseJul 31, 2013

Wang zhihuaStyleNam Bo Ra0 Comments and 0 Reactions15 views

0 0 0 0

shark

shar3

shark1

shark2
This blouse printed with butterflies in an item of the brand of NUNU.You can choose one of the colors which are navy white and black.Producing material is polyester.Sizes: 33 44 55 66 77 88
Brand Name : NUNU
Product Code : 0200513
Detail : go site

shark4

cr: koreandrama

anbi

said:

7. [+219, -2]

Died again in Shark

The nation's corpse ㅠ.ㅠ I'm afraid Kim Nam Gil is going to fall into depression with all these roles;;;

cre:

netizenbuzz

Guest vttr11

anbi said:

7. [+219, -2]

Died again in Shark

cre: netizenbuzz

For my mental health, I need to know , in Joseon, how they were punished the  thieves/ pirates. What was the death penalty? They were hanged?

You are really funny Carmen...I couldn't stop laughing ... Your comment made me forget my emotional despair for a moment...are preparing for KNG's next death?

Guest pelicancharm

Excuse my manners and earlier rant about the finale, I have to thank @red_ginger, @sunshineforever, @lyrabrilliantz who did the live recaps for us throughout the entire show.

Despite my rant, this show was still good despite it all. Just that I had higher expectations from the writer-director duo, and it didnt live up to mine. But I'm glad to ead insightful,posts and other people's pov, even though I may disagree with them. It gives more dimensions and facets to this show.

:x

I just finished it! Where's the justice in all this?! It's ridiculous.

Killer got away with many killings... grandpa was happy and smiling.. yeah sure you got locked up, but you're still alive and can get out right?! Unless there's capital punishment in Korea... >.< There's no justice been served! I guess the reality is, some bad guys just get away with it and there's nothing we can do about it. ahhh... it's annoys me!

I love every ep.. until the last few minutes!! Mawang was shocking with the ending, but at least I understsood and cried with them.

I really want to see his next drama soon.. better not die again. My heart can't take it anymore!

Guest pelicancharm

Best sibling pairing ever. YS and YH. Loved these two. Nam Gyu Ri is so lucky to be loved by two amazing men on the show. :x

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; line-height: 1.375; "[REVIEW] KBS Mon/Tue Drama “Don’t Look Back” – Episode 19, 20
Posted on 2013/07/31 by Jessica Kim in TV 

Scenes from KBS Mon/Tue drama "Don't Look Back." [KBS]

Scenes from KBS Mon/Tue drama “Don’t Look Back.” [KBS]

KBS Mon/Tue Drama “Don’t Look Back” – Episode 19, 20 

In brief>

Han Ee-soo (Kim Nam-gil) meets with the families of the torture victims by finding traces of his father Han Young-man (Jung In-gi). Kim Soo-hyun (Lee Soo-hyuk) proposes Cho Sang-gook (Lee Jung-gil) a deal and through a strategy with Han Ee-soo, arrest the assassin. Cho Hae-woo (Son Ye-jin) informs citizens of Cho Sang-gook’s corruptness and he ends up getting arrested as well. After all is resolved, Han Ee-soo, who goes to meet Cho Hae-woo, gets murdered by the right-hand man of Cho Sang-gook.

Review>

The shark finally came to a stop. Like sharks that have to move all the time because they have no air bladder, Han Ee-soo (Kim Nam-gil) who was constantly on the move as well, came to a stop with the end to the revenge. The truth to Cho Sang-gook (Lee Jung-gil) was uncovered and what was also revealed was the fact that Ee-soo needed to stop for everything to come to an end. Because after all, there is no such thing as a happy ending when it comes to revenge.

Ee-soo had originally put his life on the line to uncover the truth and take revenge. But the truth he knew wasn’t everything. The moment that the boundary between absolute good and absolute bad blurred, his revenge lost direction, and that is when the tragedy started. In front of the unbearable truth, Ee-soo decided to do what he needs to and should, rather than take revenge. He didn’t change his target but found a direction and goal.

Till the very last moment, “Don’t Look Back” did not let go on the element of tension it had maintained throughout and provided viewers with a charming twist as well. But viewers had slowly become tired of watching the show simply with immense curiosity of the truth, and maybe that is why but the emotions to the twist and conclusion of the show seemed suppressed as well. However, all went back to where it started with the sophisticated depiction of Ee-soo’s last moment, which was shown metaphorically rather than literally, through the shark that has been an important motif for the show. The way in which Hae-woo let go of Ee-soo’s carving of a shark in the water, was a meaningful ending that allowed viewers to think back on the drama starting from where it all began.

For chitchat>

- Will Jung-young (Ha Seok-jin) be able to love Hae-woo (Son Ye-jin) in his own way forever?
- What about Ee-hyun who wakes up from her surgery not knowing anything? Now it’s really time for Kim Soo-hyun to look after her.

Reporter. Pak Hye Young (TV Reviewer)
Translator. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of KBS

WOW!!! i really didnt saw it coming, YS death i mean... his life is really full of misery, i thought the writer will kindly giving him the happiness he deserves, with everyone he loves (and w/  HW as a bestfriend, of course), what a pity, writer-nim  [-(
but nevertheless, i'm so glad the writer didnt turn my Joon Young oppa as a bad guy or a sacrificial lambs :)

Archived