• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA RECAPS
Shark: Episode 19

by girlfriday | July 30, 2013 |

shark19-00455a.jpg

It’s time for judgments, revelations, and gun-slinging face-offs. We’re one episode from the end, as the hero finally confronts the harsh truth that he’s dedicated his life to avenge a righteous father who may have never existed. Will he buckle under the weight of his guilt, or charge ahead, truth be damned?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/07/shark-episode-19

I felt dissapointed with the final not due to YS's death.... Compare to the ending in mawang (in which had a great line, acting, and awsome face off... Which create an awsome performance between two male lead) this final is pale as compare to mawang or rebirth final.... The execution when facing a revelation and conclusion very underwhelmed and unsatisfied.... For example.... Yisoo-granpa jo face off felt underwhelmed, YJ's conflict didn't give a great weight to the main conflict, HW's char become flat after YS's discovered identity despite we know she is the one who felt the consequences the most. The logic is they have to explore her char conflict more, for ex... she would cared about what she lost if she continue (just felt abit flat for me)... Felt anger for both YS and granpa jo for what they have done . But no.... It just like that?... Her feeling to yi soo and her husband bring a great conflict to her char more than facing the truth. They are too focus and give too much care to wrap up the loose end while ignoring potential dramatic/heartfelt scene... And when the char have to face the truth and has to make a decision/real conclusion, it feel flat. Several good actor / character who has potential bring a great conflict has been waste.... Maybe it will be different story if they have given a proper room to explore.

Overall this drama is good with very well contstructed story, good acting and directing. You will hard to find kdrama with well constructed story and consistent character till the credit end rolling (this is kim ji woo...! she is excel at take a great care to the tiniest detail). They resolve the problem sooo easy.. Makes u wonder... I felt cheated, considering they give too much time to build up the plot. Shark has potential become a better drama. But unfortunately...they failed using their own weapon considering the potential conflict they have been built up throughout the series. :^o

One positive about this drama for me is so many likeable char I can relate to.... I care so much about them and give an emotional impact for me.

Guest jjsweeter0211

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Shark" Episode 20

2013/07/30 |

photo332528.jpg

The way this drama has been playing around with convoluted schemes, emotional manipulation, and arrogant taunts, I was sure that the final execution of I-Soo's plan had to be something amazing. In the last episode of"Shark", we instead find out that apparently the only thing required to take down Sang-Deuk and his empire was a well-executed police search. To add insult to injury, this is a search that should have been conducted ten episodes at ago- why it's only being get into now is completely unclear.

Additionally, most of the essential villainy in this episode is performed by a man who's been a non-entity throughout the drama's run. The only evil thing I can remember him doing was when he almost killed that one guy, but then didn't. And even at the time I wasn't sure who he was. I'm not even positive it's the same person who wrecks I-Soo's plans this episode- I'm just guessing because it would be beyond absurd for this villain to just show up out of nowhere.

The way the character arcs all just fizzle out here is horribly disappointing. There's almost no indication about the vicious person I-Soo had to become in order to enact his revenge scheme. This episode makes it look like he's been working for the police this entire time. The morally grey element has disappeared- the discoveries he made about his father in the previous few episodes are basically irrelevant except to the extent that they set up the one uninspiring plot device that created the last episode's cliffhanger.

Sang-Deuk, too, loses a lot of his mystique because his final plan, rather than being carefully calculated to let him keep everything he wants, is just brutal and inelegant. Granted, given his situation, it makes sense that he would just go for this plan now- except that he could have solved all of his problems a lot sooner if he had just opened with this particular plan. It actually makes less sense that he could do it now rather than before, considering the people and stakes involved.

In many ways the final episode of "Shark" isn't even a resolution. The villains did not receive proper comeuppance, and I'm not totally sure how most of the cast was supposed to grow as a result of their experiences. It's not clear what happens to I-Soo's organization, Hae-Woo's marriage, or the Gaya Hotel group fortune. I guess that, in the end, they at least solve the mystery. But that was never the most interesting part of the drama anyway. All in all, a rather disappointing end to "Shark".

Review by William Schwartz

Guest smse89

nfsk said:

anbi

said:

7. [+219, -2]

Died in a car crash in Be Strong Geum Soon

Died in a knife fight in Public Enemy Returns

Died in a bomb terror in Modern Boy

Died by a poisoned arrow in Portrait of a Beauty

Died to a sword in Queen Seonduk

Died by suicide in Lovers Vanished

Died to a gun shot in Bad Guy

Died again in Shark

The nation's corpse ㅠ.ㅠ I'm afraid Kim Nam Gil is going to fall into depression with all these roles;;;

cre:

netizenbuzz

Guest NEWMARIO

"Shark" Tragic finale, Kim Nam-gil's life is at stake

Source | 2013/07/30 | 114 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo332524.jpg

On the July 30th broadcast of the final episode of "Shark", Lee Jeong-gil shoots Kim Nam-gil in the neck.

Han I-soo (Kim Nam-gil) left a key for Han Yeong-man (Jeong In-gi) which could be the evidence that Choi Byeong-gi left behind.

The murder of two finally became public. Additionally, Jo Hae-woo (Son Ye-jin) said to Jo Sang-deuk (Lee Jeong-gil) that he is officially guilty of brutality and murder. Because of this, Jo Sang-deuk (Lee Jeong-gil) would soon lose his wealth and power. He then attempted to commit suicide with a gunshot to his own head, but failed to do so because Mrs. Park (Jeong Kyeong-soon) had taken the bullets from his gun.

Before Jo Sang-deuk (Lee Jeong-gil) was taken away from the police, he was asked to make one last statement, he shouted, "I have been living for the country! That is all I want to say!"

As Jo Hae-woo (Son Ye-jin) was in sight of Han I-soo (Kim Nam-gil), he was shot in the neck from behind and fell to the ground, he fell into a coma and became hospitalized. The ending showed Son Ye-jin staying by Kim Nam-gil's side while time passed, crying eloquently.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( English Korean )

Guest NEWMARIO

"Shark" reaches double-digit ratings

Source | 2013/07/30 | 135 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo332509.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "Shark" managed to hit double digit ratings.

According to Nielsen Korea on the 30th, the twentieth episode of "Shark" rated 10.7%, which is a 2.3% increase from the previous episode.

Meanwhile, MBC "Goddess Of Fire Jeongi" rated 11.0% and SBS "Empire of Gold" rated 10.2%.

The follow-up drama to "Shark" will be KBS "Good Doctor", a medical drama based in the pediatrics department at a university, starring Moon Chae-won, Joo Sang-wook and Joo Won.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( English Korean )

Guest smse89

ahd YEAH i forgot that lee so hyuk is so awesome as soo hyun! the way he trapped and finally  led to the arrest of  the main culprit...hes so awesomee. GO LSH!

wow shark has officially ended. i watched it raw and watched it with subs again. at first i couldn't believe that ending, how could they kill yisoo like that really? i feel disappointed, cheated and over all not good. i really need healing after watching the finale. all day i couldn't believe how this drama could end like that. i really had a mental breakdown. This drama did not give me a closure that i wanted. but then i thought would it have given me any closure at all? I knew that there would be a sad ending, and that there was a possibility that yisoo would die, but still i hoped that there would be a better ending for yisoo and yihyun. those two siblings are the true victims of this story. The main logo of this drama is that sharks have to keep on moving to survive, and revenge for yisoo was what had kept him moving which in sense kept him alive. The guilt he felt after he found the truth about this father was immense, it was like his whole reason for surviving was invalid. Knowing his father's scary past for yisoo was a point where i did feel that he himself would end his life, but i liked how he dealt with it over all. His love for this sister is amazing to the point that the only think he says when he's shot is that he has to survive for yihyun.Ah my feelings are all over the place. I feel like I have been hurt, if only i could see misery in the eye's of the grandfather i wouldn't be feeling this way. that smile on his face, i just want to punch him. for me in this drama at the end evil won, even though he is in prison he is still alive and breathing and still has people who will follow his orders even when he is in PRISON and everyone in the world knows about his real self. I feel like it will take a really long time for me to completely understand why shark had to end this way and longer time for me to move on and watch another revenge drama. I'm not sure ill be able to handle more pitiful dying characters........

Guest rintintintin

Hello and Good afternoon gals! I had to chance to watch ep. 19 and 20 with subs there... The fact that SH wants to get money for C. Jo is priceless... I knew it that he will never ever do bad to YS there but the cliffhanger of that episode is awesome! :)
Now the final episode...... I like of course the spaghetti scene between the Han siblings, it's so cute as usual... and the happy face YS shown there hahaha! Now, I'm craving for a spaghetti this time sigh!
Now that C. Jo is in jail, I hate that Sec. Park gets the bullets of the gun of C. Jo, it makes me sick urgh! And also when he laughed inside the jail, GGGGRRRR, I hate that part. :(

But the sad part is when YS shot on his neck, accdg. to my cousin who's a doctor, when your neck got shot, there's a possibility that your can't speak properly there and your voice box will be affected. I just wanna know if YS will be turning like that??? Hmmmm, But the doctor said that it's a miracle that YS survived???? Then the word that HW said: "You can breathe in peace, Yi soo." Some of you are saying that YS survived the operation or he's dead already??? After I watch this episode, me and my mom are agreed that YS MIGHT be brain dead there.... So many questions on my mind but for me this is the revenge drama with a full of twist,revelations,secrets and also full of excitement there...
For the people of this thread, thank you so much for your thoughts,comments,concerns and also your opinions of this drama and also the laughter!  It might be not the last but I hope that we will be here together for the upcoming KBS drama awards this year! And to you KNG, because of your acting skills, you rock my world! :)
Btw, To Carmen Nicolae, I understand you point but I'm sorry if I said the word "an-ti" there... but thanks for your thoughts on this drama. :)

See you guys soon! We will meet again!
Tere. :)

Morally, it's unacceptable esp in Korean culture to love another man while being married to another, it's committing adultery and very sinful. Either give up old love and remain loyal and faithful to husband otherwise dont get married at all. Totally unfair to the husband to accept a wife who allowed herself to hug and kiss another man unless they are divorced. HW shouldnt have marry if her 1st love is unforgetable, why marry him if she doesnt love him. Hope this doesnt happen in real life Feel real sorry for her husband.  What if it had been the reverse, her husband loves another woman & saw them kissing, can she accept it? 

It makes moral sense that the script writer has to kill HW lover cos both of them cannot be a couple even he lives. Nothing against the cast, just dislike revenge. 

Comments from Hancinema  -  "Disappointing" ending - what happen to HW's marriage,  YS's sister etc?  Is this story about 2 characters - HW & YS?http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-shark-episode-20-58739.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

=========================================

KBS 2TV drama "Shark" dropped in percentage once again.

According to Nielsen Korea on the 30th, the nineteenth episode of "Shark" rated 8.4%. This is 1.4% lower than the previous episode.

"Shark" is going nowhere with its endless twists and turns. It comes in third at the moment.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-shark-drops-again-58675.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Yi Soo was taken away from Yi Hyun twice...and now, he's gone for real.
I can't even imagine how she'll feel after waking up to hear that her brother is dead.
Out of all the relationship in this drama, I really love and treasure the brother and sister relationship.
...but I'm glad that she has at least one last picture with Yi Soo. :((
His body still there but he's technically brain dead right? Dead either way..
There are still many unanswered questions...and loop holes...gahh.

wow shark has officially ended. i watched it raw and watched it with subs again. at first i couldn't believe that ending' date=' how could they kill yisoo like that really? i feel disappointed, cheated and over all not good. i really need healing after watching the finale. all day i couldn't believe how this drama could end like that. i really had a mental breakdown. This drama did not give me a closure that i wanted. but then i thought would it have given me any closure at all? I knew that there would be a sad ending, and that there was a possibility that yisoo would die, but still i hoped that there would be a better ending for yisoo and yihyun. those two siblings are the true victims of this story. The main logo of this drama is that sharks have to keep on moving to survive, and revenge for yisoo was what had kept him moving which in sense kept him alive. The guilt he felt after he found the truth about this father was immense, it was like his whole reason for surviving was invalid. Knowing his father's scary past for yisoo was a point where i did feel that he himself would end his life, but i liked how he dealt with it over all. His love for this sister is amazing to the point that the only think he says when he's shot is that he has to survive for yihyun.Ah my feelings are all over the place. I feel like I have been hurt, if only i could see misery in the eye's of the grandfather i wouldn't be feeling this way. that smile on his face, i just want to punch him. for me in this drama at the end evil won, even though he is in prison he is still alive and breathing and still has people who will follow his orders even when he is in PRISON and everyone in the world knows about his real self. I feel like it will take a really long time for me to completely understand why shark had to end this way and longer time for me to move on and watch another revenge drama. I'm not sure ill be able to handle more pitiful dying characters........[/quote']

I felt the same way... One of the reason I can't accept the ending I'm unable to see the main antagonist suffering or has remorse at all. He still has control and power! While our hero has died for seeking the truth.... I'm willing to accept if he is dissapear again from HW's life if the reason he has to die is due to HW and YS can't be together. I felt like it's harabuji who win the battle. It hurts me so much. I want him to die or paid the consequences that made him suffer for life! Whah

When the doctor said:...brain-dead donor...I think everyone knew that the whole affair will end with YS  "brains on the wall".
For now I'll just say this: if we change the line "brain dead donor" with "donor" and remove the last sequence of the film
 (no sharks in the water launch
~X(  ) ... then we will have a final worthy of the drama.
Throughout this drama, the writer put viewers at work,  prompted us to think. to debate what we see ... to finally mock us with a meaningless end.
Where is the circle, where is the balance?
Anyway. this drama actually had to end when the clock started ticking. Point.

In my country there is a saying:gypsy drowns near the shore.,which means that after making the effort to cross the river  he loses energy and focus just before reaching the shore (final). ...needless labor,for nothing.

Archived