[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

jiaxin1603 said: @evok I feel that Joon Ho's relationship with his father is bad due to him pursuing his interest in music against his father's wishes in the past. He left the house and even broke ties with the family as he insisted to pursue his music interest. During his music career, I believe he got to know Yeon Ah and she was a rising newbie actress at that point of time and they got into a relationship. Maybe because he broke off ties with his family so he got no family, thus there isn't a need to let her know. Then later on, his music career did not go well, and Yeon Ah left him for her own career, these sort of left a hidden scar for him. Though he now set up an entertainment agency, and his company is doing quite well and he went back to live with his family, his relationship with his dad not very good as his father doesn't like the entertainment business, which is why he opposed his wife to befriend with Mi Ryung, and his daughter to be an actress.

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramagrandma

evok said: I really wonder why MR act like that! Is it a fear? Is it something like "Because of me her father died if she stay close to me she can learn to truth so I have to get rid of her for my own sake!!"  :-??

but I think there is something more deeper under her behaviours! I remember before the accident MR was begging to SS father about to see her own daughter! I have a feeling she didnt abonden her daughter, probably SS father took her maybe kidnapped her and didnt show her to MR! He probably said I gave her to another family so MR dont suspect about anything now. She think her daughter never stayed near him . I feel now she is taking her revenge from SS father with a feelings like "you tortured me with taking away my daughter, now I will gonna torture to your own daughter!!! 
:-?

@dramagrandma.

That little smirk at the end of ep 16 was not someone who felt guilty. That's a smile to say I beat you Junho, you've lost. I am not going to teach SS and there is nothing you can do.

Guest tabitha2

he is going to find out she can sing beautifully, make her a singer plus an actress as an excuse to get her to stay involved in his life and business and thereby rediscover his own lost singing career and dream...the idea being the first untrue love was instrumental in derailing his dreams and his second and real love will be responsible for giving it back to him.

see if I am not right :)

i'm wondering if "the dream of becoming a star" is just a vehicle for Soon Shin to find herself as a capable person, as a devoted daughter, as a great girlfriend, etc.  --- that her musical journey to be a star is not the main theme of the drama, as it was for IU in Dream High.  Her hardships and obstacles were about her body image, her self esteem, and her talent to be the next Korean Idol.  I know we're all hoping she and JH break out in song and serenade each other until the cows come home.  Yet I don't think we'll see much of that.  At least not what I've seen so far.  Up to now, YTBLSS is about the relationships who are affected or affect Soon Shin's road to self discovery.  It's not 'normal' for the real blood parents to like their child in kdrama land in the beginning.  It's not normal for kids to go against their parents wishes in career choices.  How many chaebols we see forced into positions/title that they don't want, but because grandfather/dad is dying, you have to give up your dream and carry on the legacy?  forced to get married to the wrong person. JH should be a handsome Laser Surgeon, not a hot Producer, right?  He should be in the clinic fighting off the swarms of women like Chan Woo does.  LOL!  And you don't meet too many cute daddylong legged restaurant owners that wear bright summer clothes everyday of the year.  At least I've never met any nice restauranteers who are sweet and generous on my trips in korea??!@!  Except one, most restaurant owners wouldn't give you the time of day to help a poor stranger.

However I'm still crossing my fingers that both IU and JJS will sing..... in the meantime, i'll youtube all things sweet that come out of JJS' voice.

Guest tabitha2

they would not put the back story of his music career for no reason. maybe her passion will inspire him to try again? but I am certain it will be a rather important plot point later on.

Guest KQI88

Ok, i thought it was pretty funny the scene at Shin family dinner table. I have to agree with the mother, JH and his dad are very alike sometimes. Also, what's up with dad and MR? The whole "we have a lot in common and i hated your for that. also i don't care about the man i saw you with that died later at that night, lets have a business together, yey!" It came across as a misguided sexual tension XD

Bread Man getting beat up by SS & his moment with the panties made the episode for me hahaha And dam! Those marks! SS is strong! ahaha I wish we could get a spin off of him, just one or two episodes would be enough 

Also we got more development in the birth secret. So MR and the manager gave SS to CH but they thought that he gave her up to the adoption, but now the manager is doing the math. I liked and dislike the reporter character. I liked it because he put the manager on a corner but, as a journalist myself, i don't approve his methods. But, this is kdrama land so...hahaha

@KQ188, glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way about JH's Dad and MR.  Still think there's more to his hatred/loathing of MR than she reminds him of his miserable past. 

I dont get MR. If she is doing this to SS for get rid of her sins, to able to protect herself. that means she is a very bad person. You first cause an accident, someone; your old friend rescue you with risking his life and you leave him to dead than when you have a life debt to that person, you also decide to ruin his daughter's life again only for protecting yourself!! :-O And this character is main leads real mother! I dont know what writers are thinking? there is something wrong about that character. She dont have to be that bad. Its not about being famous and keeping own image. Its all about being selfish and vicious. I dont want to believe MR; SS real mother is a bad person!. I still think there has to be some understandable reasons, some deep background story behind her actions.
when I think that accident, she hadnt felt sorry enough for a person who died instead of her, she continue her life like nothing happened, like that person was not her old friend, I hope writers find good reasons for her beahviours (nothing change the happenings but..) I really feel bad for SS, her step-mother loves her but she is not different than MR, she dont care her daughter, she only care who is better? me or MR!  her compare is not for SS ıts all about his husband. both are selfish..poor SS, really I hope she quickly fall in love with JH, marry with him and live a happy life at far away from this two woman.

Archived