Les Misérables (2012)

Guest xosandy

Guest xosandy

tVYMR.jpg

In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean, who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after he breaks parole, agrees to care for factory worker Fantine's daughter, Cosette. The fateful decision changes their lives forever.

Written by Victor Hugo
Director: Tom Hooper
Cast: Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter, Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks, Daniel Huttlestone

Did anyone watch the movie? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this movie with my boyfriend.
I loved it, he didn't.

I think it's a great musical, if you're into the musical type movies I would highly recommend this film.
If you're not...I still recommend it!

=)

Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting much in terms of vocal prowess, but I was pleasantly surprised by the actors' performances.
Especially Eddie Redmayne; his take on 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' completely blew me away. Annihilated a generous portion of actual musical performances I've seen.

• 2 months later...
Guest Chasing-A-Fairytale

I saw the movie, and boy was it longer than expected. The scene with Anne was so sad! I thought it was okay for a historical movie (not a fan of them, friends really wanted to watch it) I probably will not be re watching this film.

• 3 months later...
Guest soleil4177

This was a fantastic musical film. I wanted to watch it again but it was so sad. I never imagined Hugh Jackman to do exceptionally well in the role. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jollibee

I loved the movie.

I’m a fan of the musical/play and the book so I was really looking forward for the movie.

I always cry when I hear I Dream a Dream, no matter who sings it.

I’ve watched it for more than 7 times.

I loved the movie.

Eddie Redmayne changed the definition of Empty Chairs and Empty Tables for me.

He was amazing.

I’ve watched a few of his movies before and I always though that he was a great actor but now he’s an actor that redefines a scene.

Hugh Jackman was the actor I never saw singing next to his co-star Russell Crowe.

They were both amazing.

Jakman’s effort to be Jean Valjean both physically and emotionally really paid off.

With Crowe, I don’t get it why a lot of people said he didn’t do well.

Obviously they haven’t seen the musical, because if they did, they would’ve known that he was the only character who was so real and so close to the original.

What can I say about Anne Hathaway?

What can I not say?

She was mind bunglingly amazing!!!

I’ve always been a fan of hers since Princess Diaries and will continue to do so.

The “friends of the Flag” as I call them, everyone who died in the revolution, were all amazing too.

They had great chemistry with each other but at the same time they stood up great singularly.

Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter were amazing.

Even the young Isabelle Allen, with the little part that she did was amazing.

Samantha Barks was good but I kind of didn’t really feel her.

There were times when she amazed me but there were times that felt she was there just because.

Amanda Seyfried was there and she was good too but when you have all these people that stood out individually, she felt dense. All I can remember from her was “papa, papa...”

In the end, the movie was much better than what was expected.

I understand that not a lot of people can understand the feelings within the movie, but I like to think that I understood it all.

I’d definitely recommend it to anyone.

Archived