What is your Skincare and Make-Up routine?

Guest gisellaaa

well after i wash my face in the morning, i put on my fave lancome soothing water based moisturizing gel for sensitive skin.. and if i were to go out that day.. it really depends.. if im going for the more dolled up look, then fake lashes, eyeliner, eyeshadow.. or both.. a bit of blush depending if i'm wearing eyeshadow or not.. (don't want too much goin on) and lipstick/lipgloss if i'm not going out to eat.. im getting the hang of applying fake lashes so the process takes a lot quicker now. oh and if i'm going for the simple look.. then all i put on is eyeliner :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Skincare (Normal/Dry Skin) 

MORNING

Splash with warm water and dab dry

NIGHT

Just got the Clarsonic + Facial Cleanser (I want to get a cleansing oil, but I just use Cetaphil or a gel cleanser right now)

Fresh Rose Toner

Moisturizing gel/cream 

Makeup - Daily

I don't currently do this (no reason to). But the above skincare routine is the same. 

Concealer > eyeliner > contour powder for cheeks, jawline, temple > lip something > mascara 

Since I have more dry skin I tend to go for products that have more moisture in them and rarely used powder based formulas. (Except for contour / eyeshadows) 

If my skin is looking especially dry in the morning I mix a pump of Clarins serum with my etude CC cream (+ Hourglass Foundation if doing full face coverage) to brighten up my face before adding in shadows with my contour powder. 

In general I just want to keep my skin moisturized, use anti aging night creams when necessary, and stay hydrated :D 

Terazu as you can see from my post I use Monsia Skincare but now that it is winter here in the UK  and the heating is on I am finding that my skin is getting dry so after applying my day moisturizer I add Vit E oil, a couple of drops on my neck and a few drops all over my face. I do this again in the evening after applying the intense night repair cream. The vit E oil seals in the moisture, you should try it.

• 7 months later...

I cannot tolerate any kind of foam cleanser because I have dry, sensitive skin.  I have been searching for an organic cleanser that wouldn't make my sensitive skin burn on my cheeks and would also moisturize and not leave my skin dry after cleansing. The Made from Earth Green Tea Cleanser is perfect for me - no foam and It feels so soothing, smells heavenly, and as suggested on the package, I often leave it on for several minutes as sort of a treatment mask for my dry skin before rinsing it off. 

I will never use anything else after finally finding this

• 2 weeks later...

Sensitive/Dry Skin

Morning:

-Apple Cider Vinegar (pH balancing and gentle toner)

-Primera Miracle Seed Essence + Philosophy Vitamin C Powder

-Primera Super Sprout Phyto-Sporum Serum

-Primera Alpine Berry Watery Cream

-Badger Sunscreen (no fragrance)

Night:

-Bioderma / Lancome eye makeup remover

-Cetaphil Gel Cleanser

-Apple Cider Vinegar toner

-Physiogel lotion

Check out our site for top Korean skincare tips!

https://www.cocosecrets.ca/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here is a video of my makeup regimen. I have pretty difficult Asian hooded eyelids to work with. Every morning. I must do this-- I feel like I look completely different without it. I'm also contemplating getting a little lift or something, when I eventually revisit Korea in a few years. 

Morninings:

Washing:

• Charcoal facial soap + Konjac sponge
  • Argan oil + Lavender body oil (as a moisturizer)

Make up routine:

• Neutrogena rice extract primer (for oil control)
  • Clinique BB cream 
  • Benefit highlighter
  • Buxom Bronzer for contouring 
  • Bake face for 10 minutes, then blend.
  • Becca creme highlighter in moon stone
  • Loose powder to set
  • lipstick
  • eyebrows
  • Spritz rose water on face

Night:

Take off make up with micellar water

African blacksoap to wash face

Rose water

Argan and lavender oil

Shiseido eyecreme

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My makeup routine begins with skincare. In fact, as much as I love and want to own so many makeup products, I have trained myself to spend on skincare first. If your skin isn't at its best, your make won't be either. With any extra I have I'll buy an eye color, blush, or lipstick.

I used to have a very sensitive skin to the point that I only have to wear my make for a maximum of 4 hours. But when a friend of mine introduce her newly discovered product from Amazon. I tried Vitality26 because it uses organic ingredients. I use their face cream and serum twice a day and face mask once a week. 

• 7 months later...

Wow.Thanks for  Everyone else who’s answered seems to go pretty light on the makeup. My everyday makeup Routine is pretty simple. On normal days, when I have enough time to go to work, I take my sweet time to get ready. But before applying makeup, I prep my skin. I wash my face and then apply a good toner followed by a light moisturizer and a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Since I have normal skin which sometimes gets oily, after applying sunscreen I go for a BB/CC cream and powder it off. For eye makeup, I apply eyeliner and mascara. And top everything off with lipstick. So simple. If I m in a hurry, after my skin care ritual, I powder off my face, apply mascara and lipstick. And I m ready to go.

• 1 month later...

My makeup routine is very basic. I only make an effort when I go out but even then it's under 15 minutes. I have a little system when doing my makeup. I use bronzer to contour on top of my makeup and I also contour before I apply the foundation. I've found this trick at beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/ and this is a trick of Scott Barnes, Kim Kardashian's makeup professional.

• 2 months later...

Our skin is the first thing that people see about us. And to leave that perfect first impression it is therefore important to take care of our skin. Like most dermatologist suggest – Skin care is a routine like any other fitness or wellness activity.

The very first step is to identify your skin type – For eg distinguish between dry and oily skin. A dry skin cannot protect itself from the harsh environment with high pollution and UV rays thus demands extra care. Hydration is also the key in any skin care routine. So, the choice of products being used will also be dependent on the skin type.

Next, the usual practice is to divide the skin care routine between day routine and night routine.

Under Day care the following activities would be involved.

1) Usage of morning cleanser to exfoliate the skin

2) Usage of Toner as per skin needs to remove excess dirt and oil

3) Usage of Anti-Oxidant Serums to protect the skin from the environment

4) Usage of under eye cream to protect the thin undereye layer

5) Spot treatment for any concerns for eg. acne

6) Usage of moisturiser to ensure skin remains hydrated

7) Usage of Sun Block to protect from UV rays

Under Night Care the following activities would be involved

1) Remove all the makeup with micellar water to remove the excess dirt and oil

2) Usage of under eye cream

3) Usage of treatment serum based on skin needs

4) Usage of moisturiser for overnight healing

I hope the above helps you take care of your skin better.

• 1 month later...

I wash my face with Facetheory cleanser. Use Pixi Glow toner, then Fade Out face cream which has added SPF to protect my face from the sun.

In the evening I double cleanse. I use Glamglow charcoal cleanser, followed by the Facetheory cleanser.

I then use a hyaluronic acid serum, brightening eye cream and Fade out night cream. I will sometimes also salicylic acid when I get a spot.

Archived