What is your Skincare and Make-Up routine?

Guest gisellaaa

My everyday makeup routine consists of the basics: a light foundation, defined brows, flushed cheeks, and a natural lip color.  
Here’s what I use to achieve this look:
1. Concealer - Laura Mercier Secret Concealer2. Foundation - Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Matte SPF 153. Foundation Brush: Kabuki4. Brow Brush - MAC Angled Brow Brush #2085. Brow Shadow - MAC Eye Shadow in Brun6. Brow Gel - Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Brunette7. Blush Brush - #129SH MAC Powder Blush Brush8. Blush - MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone 9. Eyeliner - MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating10. Mascara - Dior Blackout11. Eyelash Curler - Shiseido12. Lipstick - MAC Fanfare

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Skincare Routine (Morning/Night):
1. Wash
2. Use Lotion
3. Use Milk
4. Use moisturising gel cream
All of the above using Pola Sakura Veil products

Makeup Routine
1. Foundation/BBcream (the brand changes quite often as I am looking for my HG but right now I'm using Dior Nude Foundation)
2. Fill in eyebrown - Urban Decay eyebrow pencil
3. White eyeliner on bottom crease - Sephora Jumbo liner
4. Eyelash - Lancome Hypnose (but currently trying Lancome Doll Lashes)
5. Lipstick - MAC Vegas Volt
6. Blush - I just bought blush and started using it a few days ago (Dior Blush in Rosebud OR Diorskin Nude compact)

I also use Urban Decay Naked palette 2 sometimes instead of the while liner.

Guest adelinedragon

Skincare: Wash face with water and mild soap. Wear lip balm and suntan lotion if it's sunny outside.

Makeup: It's only when I have a college presentation coming up, but here goes. I use generic talcum powder on my face, and Elianto lipstick in red.

A daily skin care regimen should include:

• Cleanse
A good cleaning twice a day to remove all the gunk like make-up, pollutants and just plain dirt that ends up on your face. A deep cleansing facial foam is highly recommended to make sure that every speck of dirt will be removed, even from the deepest pores.

• Exfoliate
Dead surface skin cells give your skin a dull look. Exfoliation will keep these dead cells to a minimum. It’s best to exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Want to exfoliate to the extreme? Try a microdermabrasion home kit which will completely remove the dead uppermost layer of your skin, thus revealing the beautiful and healthier skin just below.

• Tone
A good toner is essential to refine pores and tone the skin. Toner should be used each day after cleansing. You should also use a toner after removing a mask. As an added benefit, your toner will help remove any stray makeup or dirt which may have been missed by the cleanser.

• Moisturize
Moisturizers help keep your skin cells hydrated, making your skin appear softer and more youthful so be sure to moisturize after every cleansing, both in the morning and before bed at night. I’m sure you oily skinned people are thinking, “I don’t need a moisturizer!” The problem is you are dead wrong because everyone’s skin needs moisturizing. In fact, one of the reasons your skin is oily is because your skin is actually lacking moisture and it is trying to compensate. Use an oil-free moisturizer which is water based and that that will help control the oil. Another plus, foundation glides on smoother and is less streaky after you moisturize.

• Protect
Your skin needs daily protection from the sun and environmental pollution. A good foundation with an SPF factor of at least 15 will help provide a barrier between your face and the world and help protect it from damage.

The road to a clean, clear, and smooth skin can be disheartening at times and might make you lose faith with the skin care products being sold in the market. It does take time to finally find the brand that’s best for your own skin. I did have my own share of hits and misses but luckily, through exhaustive research, I found the products that were the best for my skin. So have hope – there are definitely good products out there that will help give you a good start to your daily skin care regimen.

Guest omgfood

in the morning i wash my face with cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, then massage about 3 drops of kosmea's organic rosehip oil into my face, then use nivea q10+ eye cream, then use cetaphil moisturiser for all skin types (which i just realised is probably not hydrating enough for me). then i wear sunscreen - neutrogena ultra sheer dry-touch sunscreen.
at night i use a korean brand cleanser (forget the name but it's good with removing any leftover makeup residue), then do my entire morning routine minus the sunscreen.
twice a week i exfoliate with aveeno (forgot the exact name).

Guest sweetfantasy09

my skin care routine has been the simplest nowadays.

a.m:
Kojic acid as face wash or my nature and co's foam
hada labo's toner or known as lotion
moogoo's acne cleansing cream as moisturizer
biore's aqua sunscreen

make up:
coffret d'or's make up base
shiseido maquillage's foundation stick (only on certain areas, not my whole face).. use this as concealer too.
filled in my brows
one color eye shadow
KATE's brown liner
Blusher
lipstick or lip stain or lipgloss

p.m
biore's oil cleanser to remove make up
nature and co's washing foam
hada labo's lotion
moogoo acne cleansing cream

that's it!

am:-cleanse with desert essence thoroughly clean face wash-moisturize with olay complete moisturizer spf 15 + desert essence jojoba oil 
makeup (rarely):-the body shop all in one face powder-makeup ever concealer-skinfood salmon dark circle concealer-tart blush-burt's bees or hurraw lip balm-dolly wink eyeliner-some type of mascara (though not lately); I love kiss me but it's pricey and I can't justify spending that much a month for it
pm:-remove eye makeup with jojoba oil-cleanse with desert essence thoroughly clean face wash-moisturize with desert essence jojoba oil
sometimes I'll use witchhazel toner, and exfoliate with the body shop's honey oat scrub about once a week

Guest k3tuyet

I'm trying to restore the health of my skin so I have been wearing minimal makeup. 
AM:QV Moisture creamShiseido sunscreen 30+Maybelline New York Master Piece liquid linerBurt's Bee's lip balm in rose pink
PM: Shu Uemura cleaner (pink bottle)QV moisturizer 
:)

my routine is pretty simple. my skin breaks out every so often so i try not to overwhelm my skin. i switch back and forth between Luzern and Primavera even tho I should just stick to one brand. 
Cleanser: Luzern's Cleansing Gelee / Primavera's Balancing Gel Cleanser Exfoliant: Luzern's Micro Exfoliant Moisturizer: Luzern's Micro Gel Lotion:  Primavera's Calming Toning Lotion / Primavera's Balancing Oil Control Lotion / Luzern's Pure Oxygen Creme Luxe Spot Treatment: Primavera's Anti Blemish Treatment 

Guest saraxxk

My skincare routine:

Morning,

-Splash water alot of times (i don't wash my face with facewash in the morning because i have very dry and sensitive skin)

-apply toner with clean hands(vit E hydrating toner)

-apply eyecream (right now I'm not using my olay antiaging eyecream because my undereye skin has become so red n dry... Help??)

-olay moisturizer

-neutrogena sunscreen (spf 50)

Makeup:

-apply maybelline BB cream in natural

-apply maybelline concealer luminous in buff i think

-apply maybelline brown retractable eyeliner only on my upper eyelid.

-maybelline colossal volume espress mascara on my upper lash (washable, it'sthe best i love it)

-white eyeliner on my lower lash line (flormar)

-maybelline baby lips, lip balm :-)

-college :-D

This changes when I'm going to a party :-P

Skincare:

Evening

-remove my eye makeup by Loreal 2phase eye makeup remover.

-wash my face by L'Oreal 360 daily scrub

-repeat the morning routine

-instead of sunscrean i apply olay total effect night cream followed by vaseline on my lips.

Guest ipknartistwaver

There's a new product on the market called IPKN Artist Wave. It's actually well renowned in Korea and it's making its way to the North American market. It acts as a brush, loose powder and concealer stick as one. As it's applied to the face, it vibrates, making the foundation actually set into the skin instead of giving that cakey look when the foundation sits on top of the skin. I loved it when I first tried it! If you're interested you can see it here - IPKN.ca! Happy make-up talk!

Guest maybeilob

SkincareI am really lazy and only wash my face with face wash/ use toner/ exfoliate if I've worn makeup that day (I wear makeup about once a week)I always wear serum & moisturise though because I have dry skin.Serum: Skin Food Tomato Whitening SerumMoisturiser: Piz Buin Moisturizing In Sun Lotion SPF30 (I ran out of moisturiser so I just decided to use some suncream I had and it works surprisingly well and ensures I have the SPF protection I very frequently neglect during winter)
MakeupDespite not wearing makeup very often, I have a very set 'routine'Foundation: Skin 79 Gold BB Cream Concealer: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection ConcealerEyeliner: Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in EspressoEyeshadows: Sleek Oh So Special Palette and Urban Decay Naked PaletteMascara: Dior Diorshow Iconic Waterproof in 698 (Brown)Blusher: Benefit SugarbombHighlighter: Dior Rose DiamondLipstick/Lipstain: YSL Glossy Stain in 9 (a red) or 12 (a pink)

Guest Marielle1430292151

skin care:Morninghoney and milk mask before washing my faceWash face with water- cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
Nighthoney and milk mask before cleansing. (homemade 1tsp honey anf 1tsp fresh milk)cleanse with water-cetaphil gentle skin cleansercleanse without water-cetaphil gentle skin cleansertoner- etude house skin malgem deep moistmoisturize- laneige water bank essence
honey is a good antibacterial, brightener and moisturizer while milk nourishes and smoothens skin.i learned this from song hye kyo (everyone of us knows that she has very beautiful skin!)
i dont wear makeup but if i do, i use etude house bb cream and etude house nymph aura volumer and lip tint for a natural glow :)

Daily:

- Facial cleanser when i have the time

- wash face with warm water, once in morning, once at night

- moisturise!

Make up on special occasions:

- MAC fluidline

- MAC blush

- Lancôme mascara

- any of my MAC or Revlon lippies

- clean with Nivea facial/make up remover wipes or neutrogena eye make up remover

That's it :) and I rarely break out. Woohoo! I'm not too big of a fan of make up.

Guest peachasaurus

SKINCARE
Morning

1. Face exercises
  2. Water
  3. Acne.org's lotion
  4. Sunblock lotion
  5. Lip moisturizer
Night
  1. Face exercises
  2. Face massage (3x/wk only)
  3. Acne.org's cleanser
  4. Acne.org's Benzoyl Perozide cream
  5. Vitamin C serum + Cetaphil lotion for face
  6. Rose Hip serum + Acne.org's lotion for face
  7. Exfoliate w/a brush 3x/wk
  8. Face masks 2x/wk

MAKEUP

When I do wear makeup, unless it's a special occasion, I usually opt for a natural looking makeup. Mostly taupes and browns. I'll wear a little blush. Normal days, I'll wear Bare Minerals. Special occasions, I'll maybe wear MUFE HD foundation.

Guest Jenny No

Ahh, you guys are so thorough!! Probably will look 10years younger later down the road.
I am so bad with skincare... I wash my face with whatever, as long as I use a wet hot towel to wipe my face with after. And that's only because it feels good :>
Shiseido/Dior lotion if my face feels dry.

I put on makeup all the time - even just to get something from my car.
But it takes 10 minutes, looks photo-ready, concentrating on eyes, lashes and brows mostly:

Face: La Mercier loose mineral powder. On top of Khiel's tinted moisturizer if extra coverage is needed.
Eyebrows: Shiseido brow liner
Eyeliner: MAC cream eyeliner
Eyeshadow: whatever is a matte brown shade.
Eyelashes: I like to stock mine up from eEyelash.com
Blush: NARS orgasm
Lips: either Givenchy lipstick - super creamy - or Tarte lip tint with Burt's Bees

.......yeah I'm the opposite of picky when it comes to facial products.

That's a lot of products !
My routine for skincare:Morning: Wash face. That's all.Night: Remove make up with Sephora Makeup Remover. St Ives Exfoliator ( I use this everyday, no good?). Shiseido Cleansers. 
My routine for makeup: - Shiseido Moisturizer- Shiseido Sunscreen 60+SPF- Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil- Sephora Eyeliner in Glitter Copper- Stila Liquid Eyeliner / Urban Decays Liquid Eyeliner / Or many other liquid eyeliners.- Maybelline Defined Mascara / Or many other sample mascara.- Sephora Blush - Softlips for chapstick or Revlon Lip Butter.- Straighten out my hair, which takes a long time ! :(
And I'm ready to enjoy my day :)

Guest flamerxsunshiner

Morning/Nightly skincare is:
Wash face wt Clearasil Daily Clear Sensitive Face Wash
Moisturize with Lacura Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream (idk whyyyyy I use this, I'm only 15!)
Then, I use Oxy Acne pads, since I have just a little acne.
:)

Guest BayByOjaH

My Skincare Routine (Morning):1. Wash (Arbonne  FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner)2. Toner (Arbonne RE9 Advanced Regerating Toner)3. Eye Cream (Arbonne RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream)4. Moisturizer (Arbonne FC5 Oil Absorbing Day Lotion with SPF 20)
My Skincare Routine (Night):1. Remove Makeup (Arbonne Eye Makeup Remover)2. Wash (Arbonne  FC5 Purifying Cleanser + Toner)3. Toner (Arbonne RE9 Advanced Regerating Toner)4. Eye Cream (Arbonne RE9 Advanced Corrective Eye Cream)5. Serum (Arbonne RE9 Advanced Intensive Serum)5. Night Cream (Alternates between a: RE9 Advanced Night Repair Cream b: Arbonne Intelligence Rejuvenating Cream)

Makeup:1. Primer (Arbonne Makeup Primer)2. Foundation (Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation with SPF 15 in Soft Blush)3. Eye Shadow (Arbonne Eye Shadow in Snow & Divine Plum)4. Eyeliner (Arbonne Liquid Eye Liner in Brown)5. Mascara (Arbonne Triple Action Mascara)6. Lip Balm (Arbonne Lip Saver)7. Lip Gloss (Arbonne Lip Polish in Coral)

Archived