Kang Sora 강소라 - 姜素拉 - カン・ソラ - คัง โซรา - كانغ سورا

ChoonHee21

Neighbourhood Lawyer: Eun-jo

Is it a waste for Kang So-ra to take on the role of rookie lawyer, Lee Eun-jo, inLawyer? After all, Kang So-ra can act pretty well. (i loved her gruff, yet clueless, character in My Paparotti with Lee Je-hoon

law13

Spoiler

Tbh, Park Shin-yang dominates the screen on Lawyer, with his brand of part-jestor, part-superhero Deul-ho. In addition, he has 2 sidekicks (veteran supporting actors,Hwang Suk-jung and Park Won-sang) who are juz as comfortable clowning around as Ae-ra and Dae-soo. In contrast, Eun-jo as a character is more strait laced, proper … and boring? (should we blame it on Writer-nim then?)

In Eun-jo’s defense, her character is meant to be less “engaging” than say, Deul-ho’s. She represents the viewers, who stereotype lawyers as professionals — who should act professionally. Deul-ho’s approach to tackling cases is as much an eye-opener for us and Eun-jo. He isn’t exactly your idea of how a lawyer should behave, being so “down-to-earth” in his approach to tackle crime and criminals that he appears more like a ruffian.

law15

When Deul-ho shows Eun-jo (and us) his personal methods at dealing with baddies, it becomes a refreshing lesson for Eun-jo and more importantly, re-focuses what she wants to do with her life and job. However, because Eun-jo’s role is the journeyman on the road to self-discovery, her actual participation in the cases which Deul-ho takes on is low. True, she helps him, but unlike the others, she doesn’t come up with brilliant work-around or ideas to crack the case on hand.

Like the traveller who starts out on his first journey, Eun-jo does not have the experience like Deul-ho and gang to “think out of the box”. So most times, she ends up taking orders from someone — usually Deul-ho. Which I think is fair, since Eun-jo isn’t a crafty person by nature, and she is more reactive than proactive. Like most typical young employees who first entered the workforce, she has zero idea on what she wants to achieve at the end of her career, preferring to live juz like “everyone else”, with a regular paycheck and a respectable job.

law14

But we do see the effects Deul-ho has on her — the initial disgust and later shock that the homeless ahjusshi is a practicing lawyer, to exasperation at Deul-ho’s wacky crime solving techniques, to awe and admiration at his tenacity and willingness to stick his neck out for justice. The “lessons” finally culminate to her throwing her “safety line” into the wind, resigning her cushy position in Geum-ho to become a poor, freelancing lawyer like Deul-ho.

law16

And realistically, Lawyer also shows how Eun-jo initially regrets her decision to tender her resignation. Especially when she can’t finance her loans and has to take up a hourly paid job as a fast food waitress (when she is a Law School grad). Thankfully, her resolve never wavers, and in fact, hardened, when her stepdad runs into trouble with De-hwa Group.

law17

So while Eun-jo may not seem to be “doing” much to Lawyer‘s narrative, her story arc is interesting on its own, as she finds merits in helping the “little people” seek justice like Superman Deul-ho. A Superwoman in training, perhaps?

https://nekosdrama.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/neighbourhood-lawyer-eun-jo/

‘My Lawyer, Mr. Jo’ mulls extension

KBS2 TV’s drama series “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” is likely to air for two more weeks than previously scheduled, according to the network channel on Thursday.

“(Staff) are discussing whether to add four more episodes on the series,” a source from KBS 2TV was quoted as saying in a Ten Asia report Thursday.

KBS 2TV added the Monday-Tuesday series’ popularity would be a critical reason behind such decision. The Tuesday episode had 15.3 percent of viewer shares, topping competitors such as MBC’s “Monster” and SBS’s “Daebak.”

The originally 20-episode series will become the 24-episode one, whose finale will air on June 14, if the extension is confirmed. 

Currently the production staff is reported to be looking into the availability of the cast, including the main roles played by actors Park Shin-yang and Ryu Soo-young, and actress Kang So-ra and Park Sol-mi. 

However, some reports quoted a staff working on “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” who refused to be named as saying there were contract issues involving actress Park So-dam. 

Park took the lead role in the broadcaster’s upcoming series “Beautiful Mind,” but makers of another series, “Cinderella and Four Knights,” argue the contract they have with Park does not allow her to work on “Beautiful Mind.” The actress contends that she can do so, as she has no filming schedule fixed for “Cinderella and Four Knights.” 

The extension would push back the start of “Beautiful Mind,” which actress Park has been unable to work on due to the conflict. It is currently scheduled to start on June 20, but if “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” extends, “Beautiful Mind” will premiere on July 4.

The first episode of “Beautiful Mind” will be aired on July 4, if the extension of “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” is confirmed.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201605191408224573801_2

Ceci: Like Lee Sungkyung who suddenly visited today, you seem to be closer with female friends, like Hyoyeon and Kang Sora.

JS: Conversations with female friends seem to be deeper and more realistic. Like if you asked a guy ‘how was that movie’, he would reply, ‘it was fun’ or ‘it was cool’ and that’s the end of that. But a woman would start talking about ‘why that scene was acted that way?’ or ‘I particularly like that line’ so the conversation can continue.

LJS FOR CECI (JUNE ‘16) - PART 4  http://hitoritabi.tumblr.com/

• Like 1