VOTE NOW: Soompi K-Pop Halloween Costume Contest!

melkimx

HALLOWEEN.jpg

Hi Soompiers, are you in the Halloween mood yet? We hope so, because we have a fun contest for you, courtesy of Soompi Shop! Dress up as your favorite K-pop idol or K-Drama character, take a picture of yourself, and you could win a $100 gift certificate from Soompi Shop! Also, here's a bonus: Everyone who enters will receive a 15% discount on their next purchase. So everyone's a winner! (We know, that was cheesy.) -_- Anyway, here are the steps to win our Soompi K-Pop Halloween contest:

1. Choose a K-Pop or K-Drama look and replicate it from head to toe. Is it Girls' Generation's sailor suits from "Genie?" Big Bang's colorful hair and hip-hop gear? HOT's baggy pants from way back in the day? Or, how about going "Gangnam Style?" (If you want to do a group picture, feel free to enter with friends! But ultimately the gift certificate will only go to the account holder.)

2. Take an original picture of yourself in your outfit.

3. Post it in this thread! You must also state what your inspiration is and post a picture of the original look as well, so we can compare! If you like, you can even write a bit about how you went about recreating the look and why you chose it, but it will not factor into your entry.

On Halloween Day, our staff will choose three winners! Winners will be chosen based on accuracy, photo quality, and difficulty (for example, we may decide that Super Junior's "Sorry Sorry" black suits aren't that difficult to replicate -- sorry sorry, guys).

The third place winner will receive a $25 gift certificate from Soompi Shop; the second place winner will receive a $50 gift certificate. Finally, our grand prize winner will take home the $100 gift certificate! All winners will also receive a specially printed award certificate which will be mailed to them! Winners will be announced on Soompi on November 1. Also, we will email or PM all entrants that following week with their gift certificate codes. Good luck and Happy Halloween!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thejinx_o

Here is my PSY outfit.  My favorite PSY stage costume is the one he wore to open his 2011 Summer Stand Concert.  I am not much of a tailor, so I had to hand sew the all the stars.  Everyone loves my pink shoes as well.  I even did some of PSY most outrageous dances while in the costume :)

PSY's Original Outfit

tumblr_mceojzowI01rafnxwo4_400.jpg

My PSY Outfit

tumblr_mceojzowI01rafnxwo1_400.jpgtumblr_mceojzowI01rafnxwo3_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mceojzowI01rafnxwo2_400.jpg

I hope you like it :)

Guest 5dsfan4ever

20110513_snsd_taxi_2.jpg150375_485462498151651_1934566665_n.jpg
My snsd Mr taxi cstume ^w^ I wore this for KCON, but it's also my halloween costume
As you can tell from the mnet logo, I didn't take the picture. A photographer at Kcon took it of me ^w^ I have some pictures my friends took of me, but I thought this one looked the best.

Guest ansaguca

Original

598899_4334688604112_702279786_n.jpg

Me and friends  (me as Moon Heejun <3 )

400216_4334686524060_2073663284_n.jpg

My inspiration? My love for H.O.T.
Since I saw them for the first time I wanted to dance like them and it took 1 year to convince my friends but I did it. We danced Candy and It was the best!

This photo is of 2010 ^O^

Guest ElJayEl

JayParkHalloween.jpg
My inspiration is Jay Park from his New Breed album, who in turn was inspired by Rick Genest!
I did all of this just with eyeliner and a small liner brush to do the finer details. We don't have the same hair but oh well. It's really easy to recreate! Just Google "Jay Park New Breed" or "Rick Genest face" for pictures. It takes some practice but overall, it is an inexpensive way to have a costume ready for Halloween!
Thank you Soompi for this contest and thank you Jay Park for the inspiration LOL. Anything for you! Even lining up for 4 hours while being sick just to get your autograph! Yes, this really happened lol. Oh and hello to all the other Jaywalkers out there!

Guest BabiDewet

Hello! We're from Brazil and decided to dress up like pirates, inspired by Zico and BlockB’s Nillili Mambo (it was really hard to make dreads and to find a flowerish jacket HAHA)! We are going to put our video online soon in our channel http://www.youtube.com/user/weareGDproductions, also as a Halloween special!
Our picture: 

209kowp.jpg

And the raw one: http://i48.tinypic.com/2a7yfs8.jpg

Hope you can like it! ^~
Happy Halloween!

here is mine!~

athenajiyeon.jpg
angieiu.jpg

my two little cousin wanted to join this contest because they love Kpop all thanks to me and their other cousins but because they are still young their parent's doesn't want them to waste money on album so when they heard about this they asked if i could let them join the contest and i said sure! :) (hopefully its okay)

They are sisters and they wanted to dress like IU from You and I and Jiyeon from Dream High 2 also knowing that IU and Jiyeon are also close friends! Angie(IU) really likes IU since Marshamellow days and she learning the dance to You and I. She is dressed like IU's pink outfit because she likes the color pink. Athena(Jiyeon) started liking T-ara after roly poly and shes in love with JIyeon and Dream High so she decided to dress up like Jiyeon. We don't have alot of money so we couldn't go buy fabric to make clothes so we went thrift shopping!!! kekeke....

Thanks Soompi for giving this opportunity

Guest sapharia

t_ara___yayaya_by_zimea-d50fcls.png
oac09k.jpg

I'm wearing T-ara's Yayaya outfit from their original Korean release. It's one of my favorite kpop outfits. Everything was made from scratch minus the black leggings and the shoes.

Guest miss.alicat

Hi! So I made SNSD's Genie outfit which I'm sure everyone knows what those look like. :3
snsd-genie1.jpeg
I specifically did Ice Princess, Jessica. <3
gjRDI.jpgNCJGq.jpg
This is the fifth K-pop costume I've made. My inspiration was my drive to make all the SNSD costumes! I've made one of their Oh! cheerleading outfits too. One day I'll make all the Soshi outfits! :D Made the entire jacket myself. I had a lot of fun wearing it!

Guest Junho35

lollipopyg.jpg
lollipop5.jpg
bigbang_g_dragon_lollipop_by_terechan35-
I made G-Dragon's outfit for BIGBANG and 2NE1's music video of Lollipop :D
G-Dragon is one of my biggest inspirations for fashion since he is one of the best fashion icons in K-POP!
I love everything he wears!

Guest chibiDD

357j2xk.jpg

My Halloween costume is SHINee's Juliette :) My inspiration is the simpleness & innocence of the whole feel of the costume. I love the story of Romeo & Juliet & when SHINee took their own style into it, it was yayy! Yes, the song is a remake of Corbin Bleu's "Deal with It" but I really just like the concept. The colorfulness, tie dye shirts, & masks. 
314b2hd.jpg
This is my take on it. I know the picture is just suppose to be the costume but I wanted to put detail on other parts of the costume. I wanted to show that I do have angel wings, like the Juliette (aka Krystal hehe) in their MV. I also have the mask that is somewhat similar to the original. I didn't want to wear the mask because I look dumb in it I think >< It's pretty big on my face & doesn't look right lol.  
I chose this concept because I am a fan of SHINee. I'm sure that there are some girl Shawols who liked the idea of this song. I mean, most of us would want to be their Juliette ;) hehe. All 5 of them with their eyes on you... <3 

Guest EternalNomad

I went to a halloween party Yesterday where we had to dress up as our idols. I wished this news came out before because I personally didn't take much pictures. let alone a full length one. -sigh- But Anyho.I Went as B.A.P's Yoo Youngjae dressed as his Matoki. 
yongjae.jpgMain goal was to get his hair during warrior more the one on the left. 67155_4351089149778_830627566_n.jpgMe on the right next to AJ.579371_10151097518671074_1197402090_n.jpMe on Left 311285_10151097518271074_462065844_n.jpgMe on Right 530703_10151097517161074_1753876269_n.jpMe on Right, LOOK AT MY ADORABLE EARS! <3  
I'm sorry there are a lot of Photos. I just didn't have a full length Picture. :c 

Guest etschloe

I went to a Halloween Party, and the theme was KPOP idols. and I decided to go as the one and only, Jay Park.  I was inspired to do the 'half skeleton face' since it looked so cool, and it's perfect for halloween. 
Original Picture: 401408_501946063148842_1505601985_n.jpg
Mine: 579212_512660952077353_1335503963_n.jpg
I used white and black face paint, and liquid eyeliner. I didn't fill in the eye part, which was supposed to be black, because i'm kinda allergic and when it's around my eye, it stings and it hurts really badly. It took about 20 minutes only. ^^

Guest marghekyukeyhan gatto

tumblr_m47beq9SwL1qm9s1po2_r2_250.pngtumblr_mb1jymJ1y51rued0uo1_1280.jpg 

Hi!!! for Halloween Party my sister and I decide to propose the costume of EXO!!! Kai and Luhan.

all strictly hand^^... we made because adore Exo xD  

Our inspiration for the costume was to win a cosplay contest ^ ^ and showing the choreography to people ... especially for the special clothing and ballet ...we put a lot of effort and time to look at least a little to them .. uff was a struggle but we managed ^ ^ we were good xD

I hope you enjoy :)

487129_390638227672261_90508169_n.jpg
luhan cute :3
598684_477838138916706_63818824_n.jpg

my sister

156462_390638167672267_466038670_n.jpg

Guest music11

Soyou-SoompiContest.jpg

My sister loves K-Pop, but she doesn't have money of her own to be buying her own Cds. That is why she decided to join. She decided to go for Soyou from Sistar. Black silk dress and red cloth for the head. Hope you guys enjoy. Happy Halloween!

Guest Cherry-Go-Gyaru

elcfx1.jpg
b6u8np.jpgI chose Qri from T-ara's "Sexy Love" MV. I thought she had the most distinct look! I thought the outfit was really cute and the song is addicting so it was an easy choice. The hardest part was getting Qri's hair color right. It's still not perfect. I had to color a blonde wig with a green sharpie to get that color.

Guest giuliataemin

taeyeon_the_boys.jpg547736_388823281183538_789059980_n.jpg430296_388823227850210_1230770644_n.jpg

HI^^

I made the costume Taeyeon version of THE BOYS I love his elegant,original and unique ... the costume is all done by hand;)

I'm sorry that it is not quite the same ...

Archived