[Drama 2012] School 2013 학교2013

Guest reijaye

I didn't watch the episode yet but I caught glimpses of the end. I'm really satisfied with the ending because I think it's realistic. It's unrealistic to think that EVERYONE would get a happy ending but I think Jung Ho is happy in his own way too. That was the choice he decided to make on his own. He chose to toughen up and face the world earlier than everyone else, on his own too. I have to watch the entire episode to be sure but I feel like some things haven't been fully covered? I'm not sure, I'll get back to you on that hahahaOverall though, this was one of my favorite dramas of all time. I attribute it to its lively and energetic cast, with good looking male members (; I can't wait to see what these students do after they "graduate" from School, like what jobs they end up with and who they end up with in other dramas!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

[Ratings: Mon, 01.28.13] School’s Out with Sad, but Realistic Ending

2013-01-29 09:57  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

KBS School 2013 rang its final bell on Monday night, ending with 15.0 percent. The drama completed its series with an open ending, where Jung In Jae (Jang Nara) and Kang Se Chan (Choi Daniel) waited with hope for a high school dropout to arrive so he can move onto the next grade.

School 2013 began and ended realistically, dealing with social issues on education, family pressure, and school violence, allowing the series to receive much praise for bringing these problems into light. 

Just as the drama remains open ended with both the students and teachers still carrying their own worries, the real dilemmas of school continue to exist, some addressed and some ignored. 

10345467.jpg

Monday, January 28, 2013

Dramas

8:25 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim 29.4 percent

10:00 PM

1. MBC Horse Doctor 18.4 percent

2. KBS School 2013 15.0 percent

3. SBS Yawang 10.1 percent

11:00 PM

tvN Flower Boys Next Door 1.445 percent (tvN + OnStyle**)

Variety/Sitcom

1. KBS Hello 12.3 percent

2. KBS Family 8.5 percent

3. SBS Healing Camp 5.8 percent

4. MBC Talk Club Actors 4.7 percent

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research
**Numbers may vary due to calculations and other factors

Photo Credit: KBS

Lee Jong Suk, End of 'School 2013' 'Bye Bye, Go Nam Soon!'

Actor Lee Jong Suk shared his thoughts on the conclusion of KBS drama “School 2013.”

Today, Lee Jong Suk posted on his me2day, “This will be the last time I am Go Nam Soon. Be happy!! I love you. Congratulations on graduating,” along with a picture.

In the picture, Lee Jong Suk is in the school uniform for “School 2013,” looking at the camera. His pink lips and sharp nose are especially eye-catching.

Internet users who saw this commented, “See you in your next work!,” and “What do start my week off with now.”

Photo Credit: Lee Jong Suk me2day

Source: kpopstarz.com

THESE ARE FOR HS-NS SHIPPERS.WARNING: YOU MAY HAVE A HEARTATTACK FROM THE CUTE BROMANCE THAT WILL BURN INTO YOUR MEMORY FOREVER(PS THESE ARE FROM EPISODE 16)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exw0W9DXx4
UGH SO PRECIOUS <3 !!!

For me it was a perfect ending. School 2013 is definitely on my top 5 dramas list. Very down to earth and realistic plot. The scene with Teacher Kang and Jung Ho was gold. Teacher Kang realizing that even thought he could not help graduated he actually save him. When Jung Ho said he would not do anything bad it was a live changing thing for him. Also its not like that he will never get a high school diploma. I'm oblivious to Korean educational system but i think is save to say that they have some night school for high school drop outs that want to graduated a few years later.

Love the fact that they did not try to make close endings here. Live goes on and this was just a second year high school. The kids will be studying frenetically for the college exams or preparing for their future and the teachers will keep doing their jobs. 

This drama was a very good surprise since it broke a lot of stereotypes. Everyone that participated in the making should be proud. And the social critic with JH path was great. Unfortunately there are a lot of kids that have to drop out and get jobs to actually live. That's a reality and it should be show! 

Like everybody i want a next season but i can imagine the path of some of the kids and thats fine because this drama make sure that we got to know most of them so we could imagine most of the same future to them.

Overall, all i want to say is that i was happy being part of Victory School Class 2  

*stands up* Attention. Bow. *low bow*

THIS DRAMA. UNTIL THE VERY END YOU HAD TO BREAK ME.
Although I feel the whole thing could have been executed much better (the pacing and editing felt hella off) I loved the ending of School 2013 and it felt that it was real in every sense of the word. As much as I love happy endings real life are not like the movies where the teachers can come into your life and in an hour and a half make things all better for you. As much as I wish Jung-ho could have walked away from his father, one of the teachers take him in, or have him walk through the doors at the last minute; this ending was so true to his character and his progression. Jung-ho had never been able to let go of his father (his whole family had left but him) and he always had that more cynic, me against everyone outlook on life. The things that give me hope (and the teachers as they wait for him) is the growth we saw in him. I got so damn teary when he in his own way asked to be forgiven and was in a fetal position bawling my eyes out when he said "don't worry, I'll keep out of trouble.". I know many kids (myself included) who like Jung-ho may have wanted something or could have been something but life and circumstances just wouldn't let us. Although I do not think he will walk the straight and narrow path; I believe Jung-ho will make it. I believe it when he says he will keep out of trouble and also believe that he now knows he has people to catch him in Yi-kyung, Ji-hoon, SooSoon, and the HR teachers.
I am still trying to process my feels when it comes to my babies Heung-soo and Nam-soon. This bromance....I learned so much of what it means to really be a friend, to love, and truly forgive and forget. I demand a spin-off of the two in grade 3. Being general badasses and cute bamfs that run richard simmons saving lost lambs left and right. Seriously I want an 'Amazing Adventures of Soo & Soon' spin-off. 
I have so much feels and will miss the drama so much. I need to watch ep 16 again and better process things. 

Guest leegalaxy

MY HEART. I never cried this much over any drama, over any episode. It's a perfect series all throughout, at least for me.I was studying last night and when it hit 9:55pm KST, I held on to my father's watch til 10:55pm. Then I cried, knowing that School 2013 is over although I haven't seen the finale yet. I slept at 6:00am and I forced myself to wake up at 10am, anticipating to watch the subs online. I swear I was dreaming of Jung Ho the whole time.

My thoughts on the finale:I started tearing up when Teacher Kang told about how he held on to Yoojin, saying "Just believe in me." Made even more heartbreaking because he let go of her hand just once, and that one time cost her life. I know he's not fully at fault but I could just relate how burdened he must have felt since then. 
I thought one episode wouldn't be enough to cover everything, particularly Teacher Kang's story but as it turns out, this show did with the bonus of Jung Ho's story. Their endings felt complete despite being open-ended. I had hoped Jung Ho would graduate with his friends but then I couldn't point out anything to counter his logic because it's just.. true. These teachers can't hold onto him for life; he has to do it on his own. But even when he has to quit after all the struggles he had gone through, I say, school has already taught him one very important lesson: there's always hope. If it was the old Jung Ho, he would have joined some gang, thinking that people wouldn't accept him because of his past. But he learned so much from his teachers and friends. Who would have thought Jung Ho would ask for forgiveness and be sincere about it? When he said "Don't worry too much, I will live honestly" I was completely satisfied. Jung Ho may not finish high school but we know he's out there somewhere, trying his best sincerely.
Everything I wanted to say about Teacher Kang has already been said xD
I thought I would so badly want School 2014 but not anymore. I would take it any time of the day, but I'm really happy with this ending.It was a fun ride, School 2013. I will never forget all the warm and fuzzy feels.

I love,love,love this drama. I was initially drawn to it because of my BFB bias and favourite OTP, Daniel Choi and Jang Nara -- but ultimately, it was the characters and their heart-tugging stories that won me over and made me a fan of the show. Personally, it hit so close to home when the show tackled Minki's storyline. I just broke down in tears when I watched Minki's rooftop scene  because I went through the very same predicament he was in.  Living someone else's dream  can be very tiring to the point that it stifles you until you've lost your sense of being. I am thankful I survived it, but I ended up compromising my youthful dreams to what seemed more practical or prestigious to my family. I share people's sentiments in saying how they wished they had someone like teacher Jung or teacher Kang, who are just genuinely concerned about you, someone who  helps you mend fences with your bestfriend, who stirs your interest in poetry, who  imparts wisdom beyond the four walls of the classroom - over a cup of warm coffee or during cleaning session or gym class. I wish I had that kind of teacher:)
The show is just brimming with insights -- life-lessons I wish I had known when I was in high school, but remain valuable nonetheless. And it seems  the cast  also appreciated this gem of a project that they have and even forged new friendships on set which is always nice to see in kdramaland:) Some pics to tide us over while waiting for the special:)  Still haven't seen the last episode though, can't wait to watch it. 
credits to jang nara's gallery at dciniside:
viewimage.php?id=jangnara&no=29bcc427b68
viewimage.php?id=jangnara&no=29bcc427b68

Guest adniRose

Lee Jihoon is definitely my favorite character besides other lead characters...
soo sad that School 2013 end already...feel so empty =(one of best friendship drama everrr...this drama thought me a lot about friendship, forgiveness, give and take and so on...
hope the cast will keep their real friendship after this...even after this everyone might be busy with their own schedule, hope they can find some time just to hang out and chat...like they always did when no filming...

I'm also sad this ends so soon. From all the stupid series in the world that saw 3-8 seasons and some like Santa Barabara and Days of our lives.... how can this end so soon? I mean these actors actually made it work, they 'acted well' as friends, they fitted together...so many dramas had no chemistry between it's 'couples' and 'friends'..why can't ppl cast these actors as well as here and SKS?

I enjoyed watching this, I'll miss it so much. My fav character was Oh Jung Ha and his destiny in the last episode is how real life works and this drama is worthwhile because of it. I do not have a soft spot for bad boys or bullies (had some personal experience with them in school) it's just that I like it when kids are active and get punched in the face cause let's face it everyone is a brat and deserves to be treated like that specially if they're fighting over rank& to get themselves higher above others.

The pressure on the 'good' students is also very well portrayed and I like the fact that it showed that some of them don't think they're schoolmates are of equal worth and are raised selfishly like princes and princesses and will die as such.

And of course, I liked the bromance hehe;) These two, I wished they cried less and cuddled more;)
Thank God for no actual romance cause those two teacher so do not look like a couple, and a possible triangle involving Nam Soon and H.S would make me barf. Why twist a platinum friendship like that over a girl...yeah let' s preserve out friendships everyone, okay?

Archived