[Official] ChaeKi/Burning Toast Couple Thread [Song Joong Ki & Moon Chae Won]

unhskikr4ever

Guest charmingtail

p1n6an2012 said: 송중기와는 평소에도 사이가 좋아 보이더라.
"6 개월간 동료로서 작업을 해 온 사이일 뿐, 남자로서는 아는 바가 없다. 동료로서 말하자면 성실하고 솔직한 성격의 사람이다. 촬영 중 핫팩을 함께 손에 쥐고 있는 사진 때문에 특별한 관계가 아니냐는 말이 나왔는데, 그 때는 그럴 수밖에 없었다. 우선 핫팩이 하나밖에 없었고, 급박한 드라마 현장에서 나눠쓸 수 있는 상황이 아니었다."

Q. You seem to have good connection/relation with song joong ki:
"we had a good connection after filming for 6 months together...as a colleague he is sincere and outspoken person... when we're filming, there were photos uploaded that we're holding one hot pack together and many people thought that we have special relationship, that time, we didn't have other choice, we were in the situation that there's only one hot pack in the set...."

Guest charmingtail

The thing is if MCW is saying the exact two phrases in chinese........."只是6个月一起工作的同事关系而已。我对他作为男人的一面一无所知" is actually very cold response in chinese.. 
Without looking at her body language.....it literally could mean, we are not even friend, he is merely someone who work with me for 6 mths and I know nothing at all about as a man (meaning maybe she only know him professionally, know nothing about him personally)
Such a cold response from our MCW is kinda scary.........I think it can almost rival PBY's firm denial statement already hehe  :-O

charmingtail said:
p1n6an2012 said: 송중기와는 평소에도 사이가 좋아 보이더라.
"6 개월간 동료로서 작업을 해 온 사이일 뿐, 남자로서는 아는 바가 없다. 동료로서 말하자면 성실하고 솔직한 성격의 사람이다. 촬영 중 핫팩을 함께 손에 쥐고 있는 사진 때문에 특별한 관계가 아니냐는 말이 나왔는데, 그 때는 그럴 수밖에 없었다. 우선 핫팩이 하나밖에 없었고, 급박한 드라마 현장에서 나눠쓸 수 있는 상황이 아니었다."

Q. You seem to have good connection/relation with song joong ki:
"we had a good connection after filming for 6 months together...as a colleague he is sincere and outspoken person... when we're filming, there were photos uploaded that we're holding one hot pack together and many people thought that we have special relationship, that time, we didn't have other choice, we were in the situation that there's only one hot pack in the set...."

@charmingtail Translating can have many variations. I'm going to translate just those sections that relate to ChaeKi and MCW's current "relationship status" from the way I understood it.

송중기와는 평소에도 사이가 좋아 보이더라. "6 개월간 동료로서 작업을 해 온 사이일 뿐, 남자로서는 아는 바가 없다. 동료로서 말하자면 성실하고 솔직한 성격의 사람이다. 촬영 중 핫팩을 함께 손에 쥐고 있는 사진 때문에 특별한 관계가 아니냐는 말이 나왔는데, 그 때는 그럴 수밖에 없었다 우선 핫팩이 하나밖에 없었고, 급박한

Q:
You seem to have a good relationship with SJK.
A: [We're] just colleagues who've worked together for the last 6 months. From the standpoint of understanding him as a man, I have no idea. As a colleague though, he is an honest, frank person. Due to a BTS picture released during filming of us using the same hot pack, there have been rumors that we have a special relationship, but at the time, it really was the only solution. First of all, there was only one hot pack, in the midst of hectic filming environment, [we] couldn't have used separate [hot packs].

Q: In your ideal world, what is your significant other/lover like?
A: I don't want [him] to be like The Princess's Man's Kim Seung Yoo or The Innocent Man's Ma Roo, men who have very complicated backgrounds. Compared to man who are too manly/macho, prefer someone who's more like a friend who can care for each other over a long time, give each other support. Of course, it'll be even better if [he] possesses qualities I can learn from. Though I do not care much for physical attributes, but if [his] eyes are large double eye-lids, it'll give me too much of a burden. This Christmas, [i'm] probably going to be alone at home or watching movies with my high school friend(s). If [i/we] was/were to go out, it'll only be facing crowds of people (laughs)."

Do not fret Charm dear, there were definitely a lot of Pfft! responses from me when I read CW's interviews, and she is just so much worse than JK. Our girl needs to take some lessons from JK the PR guru. 

1) Why was CW so quick to emphasize that SJK and her were colleagues? Are they not friends already? Haven't they gotten close? What's so wrong with being friends with your co-star? Was the reporter asking a loaded question? Why couldn't she have said: "We're just good friends but I really don't know him as well since we've only gotten close through working on set together"? Pfft!
ufu.gif

2) Wait, not understanding him as a man? Did the interviewer ask this question? Didn't you just say at the Blue Dragon handprinting ceremony (11-21-2012) that you saw SJK's manly side while filming? And also saw his boyish charm when you watched his movie WB? That you think he has a lot of allure/charm as a man? That seems pretty much understanding him from a standpoint of seeing him as a man. Or am I being dense here?
doukana.gif

3) Who said anything about hot packs? Was the interviewer sending out secret code messages asking you to clarify that Chae Wonnie? And you and "Joong Ki Oppa" were forced to share a hot pack b/c there was only ONE on set?
Oh, but you had your habitual coats and blankets, uh huh. Pfft!  This is a Sidus production with KBS, SJK and MCW aren't unknown stars either. Don't tell me they had no time, no money, no leverage as big companies and big stars to make sure their leading actor and actress can stay warm. Are we still talking about the S. Korean entertainment industry? Where seniority/popularity and big business is king? Don't tell me not one of the female staff or cordies thought to give darling and handsome SJK a hot pack. What has the world come to?
pueh.gif

4) CW has not been very vocal about her ideal types and they are generally very vague, like take care of her or witty or single eyelids, etc., and often prompting interviewers to ask her to give them more specifics other than few-word-sentences. But this time, she was more detailed and comprehensive in her responses, as if she's thought about being in a relationship recently or have someone in mind. And why is Christmas brought up? Why did she feel that she needed to bring up her single-status, and relay a pretty detailed schedule that she'll probably be staying home with friend(s) to watch movies. Why is this girl so keen to emphasize her lack of a BF and what she's going to be doing at Christmas (does she even know her schedule)?! I don't even know what I'm going to be doing around Christmas and that holiday is such a big deal here in the US and with my family.
yareyare.gif

@coastalbreeze: There is just so much Pfft! from all these interviews in regards to SJK and her love life. Some of what CW said makes very little sense with what she's said/shown previously, or even in different interviews in the past week. That's why I said MS Team isn't as stringent with their media content as Sidus, b/c if someone had checked her responses to these questions carefully, they would have realized that our girl was saying some contradictory and seemingly suspicious responses (b/c they are just so similar or point to JK's responses in the media in the last 2 months). Don't mind me, I had too much coffee today. :D

Disclaimer:
This Soompier accepts no liability for the after effects of the contents of this post, or the consequences of massive shipper overload. This post is intended solely for Burning Toasts with delusional minds and hotflashing bodies. If you are not the intended recipient of this post, you are notified that copying, distributing, or taking any retaliatory action in reliance to the contents of this post is strictly prohibited. Unless, of course, you have been granted permission to use as means of spreading the ChaeKi love. No refunds or exchanges allowed. No flipping tables allowed. All parties involved in potential litigation with this Soompier must wear socks. No hot pack hoarding allowed.

@charmingtail, i heard that sometimes they use google translation and translators' own interpretation, so that's why the translations of the same articles are so different. we still have hope:\">

i just read one news article, and have daydreamed that our couple took a little girl on a trip
the little girl in NG last episode is also adorable

http://www.soompi.com/2012/12/05/moon-masons-girlfriend-park-min-ha-reveals-that-boom-is-dating/

Ah, why do I keep missing so much awesomeness these days? I curse you RL!! Just don't come back to bite in my the backside for saying that! X_X
Okay, so construction is on it's way. The three monuments (White Van, Aomori Kiss setting and the Hot Pack) will be built respectively near the Town Hall where the lovely exhibits by @Moon2Won reside, the park and just outside the police station.

Ah Chae Won-ssi, why are you so obvious? Perhaps our King will teach her the art of PR and how to be less forthcoming with information that shouldn't get out. ;)

I was thinking about sageuks today... Perhaps our Queen has seen the demand for a ChaeKi sageuk (the pictures and fan made videos) and has decided that she will only accept a sageuk project if the script and role is good AND if Joong Ki (who has come out of military service) is the male lead opposite of her.
away.gif

I was watching that amazing sageuk FMV that is going round the internet and my brother sat down to watch it since he was waiting for his game to load. I asked him what  he thought of it and he said "They look really good. If that was a real drama the neighbours would come knocking because of your screaming." Ah... My brother knows me. =))

Kgrl said: 4) CW has not been very vocal about her ideal types and they are generally very vague, like take care of her or witty or single eyelids, etc., and often prompting interviewers to ask her to give
them more specifics other than few-word-sentences. But this time, she was more detailed and comprehensive in her responses, as if she's thought about being in a relationship recently or have someone in mind. And why is Christmas brought up? Why did she feel that she needed to bring up her single-status, and relay a pretty detailed schedule that she'll probably be staying home with friend(s) to watch movies. Why is this girl so keen to emphasize her lack of a BF and what she's going to be doing at Christmas?! I don't even know what I'm going to be doing around Christmas and that holiday is such a big deal here in the US and with my family.

Toasts, remember I posted an article about Chae Won and a few other actresses who are not allow to go public with their dating/marriage? I was wondering which brand of ShinWon product that she is endorsing.. and I can't believe I missed this one important info. That is Style Innerve (SI). It is one of ShinWon's brand and Chae Won has 2 years contract with them (until December 2013).

8243226182_b3d213572a_b.jpg

Guest yawzers

wow the interviews just keeps getting better :)) so many different meanings depending on the translation what a sling shot ride for my chaeki heart. First my chaeki delusional heart gets shot up almost touching heaven  :x then all of a sudden, I feel my chaeki heart drop to the core of the earth   =((

Have to go replenish my delusional heart with those BTS videos I'm not ready to sink with the ship :))

I can't wait Hyun Bin and Ji Won will see each other again :x  (my other delusional heart)

Guest yawzers

So yesterday after work I went to pick up my kids at my parents house as soon as I open the front door I hear Kang Maru and Eun Gi's voice (yeah I'm that crazy for them that I can recognize their voice :)) )

Me: Mom are you watching Nice Guy?

Mom: Yes, this show is soooo good I haven't got up from this position since this morning

Me: :-SS (cause my 3yr and 4yr old kids are nowhere in sight) uh mom where are my kids!?

Mom: oh I don't know (yeah that's right my mom literally forgot about my kids because of NG) (can you all relate :)) )

Me:  >:P  MOM! (runs as fast as I can downstairs to look for my kids and guess what I found downstairs my kids with their grandpa who is also watching nice guy :)) Nice guy has taken over my whole family).

So I go back upstairs to my mom.

Mom: Are these two a couple? (referring to Chaeki) They look good together their sweet moments looks so real and the kissing scenes they look like they enjoy it very much. Pretty girl and handsome guy they should be going out if not already. So their names are Moon Chae won and Song Joong Ki?

Me: :-?  why do you want to know their names?

Mom: So I can search for them on the internet to see if they are dating

Me: =)) (thought to myself "oh my god my mom just became a Chaeki delusional Ahjjuma) =)) ..

Chaeki's chemistry really has the power to turn anyone kookoo 8-}

Since we're talking about the accuracy of the Chinese translation about the colleague reply, I'll re-post @Celandine's translation of Chae Won's interview from Chaewon's thread (hopefully, she doesn't mind).

Celandine translated her article directly from Korean article, so hers one should be more accurate :)

Celandine said:

Moon Chae Won – dual charms

2-2.jpg

Long straight hair, flawless skin, triggered the protective instinct of many guys, actress Moon Chae Won (26), showing her dual charms through sumok drama “The Innocent Man", became the representative of actresses in the 20s. In the drama, Moon Chae Won played the role as Seo Eun Gi, the only daughter of a big company. She is a cold and cautious person, who being raised as the heiress to take over her father’s company. Eun Gi met and fell in love with Kang Ma Ru (Song Joong Ki). But due to his betrayal, Eun Gi suffered from amnesia; from a cold heart successor becoming to an innocent and pure girl, she successfully portrayed the character with two opposite personalities. From the success of last year drama “The Princess Man” and the transformation through “Nice guy” this year, Moon Chae Won had received expectations in her new projects.

How you’ve been doing after Nice Guy wrapped up

I went to watch three movies continuously “Gwanghae”, “Wolf Boy” and “I am a murderer”. Song Joong Ki, Ryu Seong Ryong sunbenim and Park Shi Hoo sunbenim from last year, all of them are my co-stars. I also went to the premiere of movie “26 years”

Your feeling about the happy ending of the drama

Because the ending was finalized shortly before the end, I thought about it a lot. I yearned for a happy ending, and my intuition told me "This will be happy ending.”In the end, whether Maru lost his memory or not, It was still blurred for many audiences. I think after 7 years, Maru pretended having amnesia. When he gave the ring, I was confused how to express that feeling. Finally, it was filmed according to the writer’s suggestion. I displayed mixed feeling with little embarrassment in that scene. Because of its ambiguity, it was more interesting, isn’t it? 

You and Song Jung Ki seem getting along well together

Because working together in 6 months, we are colleagues. But as a man, I don’t really know much about him. As a colleague, he is a sincere and honest person.  During the film, a picture when we were sharing the same hot pack was uploaded online. People suspected that we had a special relationship. Actually because there was only one hot pack at that time, and with the hectic shooting, there was no choice and we had to share it together.   

In “Nice Guy”, who do you think is the nicest guy?

Except Tae Hoon oppa’s character, I think Song Joong Ki, Lee Sang Yeop and Lee Kwang Soo; all three of them are nice guys. But if I have to pick one, I will choose Maru, because he is the nicest guy. He always takes responsible for Choco, Jae hee and Eun Gi, and cares for them more than himself.

The crying scene portraying the inability to forget Ma Ru is very impressive. In reality, do you feel attracted to “bad guy”?

Don’t feel attracted at all. Bad things usually come together. I don’t understand why many people think nice guys are unattractive; In fact, I have never dated any bad guy before. Especially, this kind of character appears a lot in dramas, it makes me feel distorted.

In the drama, you look very beautiful in the wedding dress. When do you plan to wear it in reality?

Currently, I haven’t seen anyone and haven’t thought about marriage yet. People tend to marry late these days. So I may get married before the age of 39. In Korea, I’m turning to 28 next year, so I may marry in the next 11 years, may I?

Your ideal boyfriend/lover

I don’t want to meet someone like “The Princess Man” Kim Seung Yoo or “Nice Guy” Kang Ma Ru. Because I have had chances to meet a lot of guys, there is a comparison. I want to love someone, who is like a friend, and it will be better if he has something I can learn from. Although I don’t pay much attention on appearance, but double eyelids are little oppressive. This Christmas, I may spend alone or watch movie at home with my high school friends. Going out in crowed places is quite complicated.

Your future plans

I’m going to take a break till the end of this year. Then I will choose comeback with movie or drama, depend on the scripts. I want to challenge in thriller genre projects such as “I am a murderer”. Rather than being the victim, I want to appear as a perpetrator. The victim gets more hurt, right?

Translated by Celandine@soompi.com

This morning I woke up and I realized, whew..it's a good thing I am not in Korea right now...

If I was in Korea, I'd be one of those crazy fangirls waiting for Hyun Bin oppa to come out. With my luck, the t.v. will capture the one foreigner screaming her head off and I will surely be in trouble at work.

Then, because my brain has already short-circuited from seeing Hyun Bin, I will take a taxi to KBS, go to their editing room, and steal all ChaeKi BTS videos. Haha. Again with my luck, I will get arrested for theft due to excessive fangirling/shipping. 

Can you imagine?  Haha! I can't believe these thoughts have entered my head in the first place. I'm losing it, big time.  :)) =))

Guest yawzers

You and Song Jung Ki seem getting along well together

Because working together in 6 months, we are colleagues. But as a man, I don’t really know much about him. As a colleague, he is a sincere and honest person. During the film, a picture when we were sharing the same hot pack was uploaded online. People suspected that we had a special relationship. Actually because there was only one hot pack at that time, and with the hectic shooting, there was no choice and we had to share it together.

aaaah so if you think about it keeping in mind CWs perspective of "she would admit to have known a person thoroughly only if she has known this particular person for at least 2 years" she is just keeping aligned with her perspective in regards to what she said in that interview. Since she's only know SJK for 6 months she does not yet fully know SJK as a whole and hence the comment of just being colleagues and not knowing him as a man.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut just like @kgrl pointed out in her post that contradicts what she said in the BD hand printing event on how she said SJK has a charm of both a man and a boy..hmmm is someone doing damage control? oh my chae won we love you  >:D< but we chaeki have selective amnesia and we forget only the ones we want to forget and retain the ones we want to remember  like what you said about SJKs charm :))

Guest clarclar012

thank you Mul Kgrl Cel and Charm for all the translations >.<
this is my rational me ~ b-(
yeah.. I was wondering why didn't she even considered SJK as a friend?? based from the BTS and all. I don't think they were just mere colleagues.. The skinship is just :-O or she's just doing all of that just to liven up her working environment? >.< but her answers don't add up from her previous answers as well T_T
I'm now confused.. 
and that Shinwon brand b-( I see now.. but I still don't understand that LMJ also has a contract with them but she is publicly dating LBH #-o
these information making my head hurt ~X(

I still thinking about thisMCWSJKgif53.gifb/c ,why the BTS crew not continue scene after MCW gave surprise hug to JK,did he turn and reply hug to her????did he turn and catch CW's shoulder and fierce to her ?did he...................???ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhy why why

@yawzers To "know" someone is a very subjective term, however, it also doesn't mean CW doesn't know SJK b/c she said that. I think what she means by "know" is a more in depth understanding of a person. CW didn't "know" her best friends MGY or HHJ for two years before they became fast friends. Yet the concept is, that kind of friendship and loyalty can only be tested through time.

I think CW has very good insight into who is someone she can trust and befriend, and who is someone she should stay away from. Part of the reason I think ChaeKi got close is b/c CW trusts JK. Notice that the primary words she describes JK with are honest and frank, someone who's not fake. I think CW knows innately, and quite fast, if a person is someone she can befriend. That kind of "knowing" is what will bring her out of her shell. Of course, like she said, it takes time to "know" all the sides of a person, which she's subjectively given the time frame of two years. Personally, I think this is a pretty good time frame for really getting to know somebody. Though I would argue that with some people, it takes, and should take, a lifetime to get to know.

@clarclar012 Clauses in contracts like that aren't always enforced. It depends on the situation, but it gives the sponsor less liability and risk with the stars they sign, since they have the right to ask for compensation. In LMJ's case, though she's in a relationship, it wasn't particularly a scandal as much as a revelation. And LBH being a top star with a great cinematic year probably didn't give Shinwon company much decrease in sales. Perhaps having LMJ associated with LBH even increased their sales.

But in the case of CW, she really does have to be careful since she is a rising star and under contract. As much as I ship ChaeKi, I'm more concerned with their happiness. If CW's career is affected, even if they are in a relationship, it's not going to go well. I simply want ChaeKi to remain fast friends or ambiguous friends until they are more secure in their directions in life. And if they are secretly dating, to let it stay a secret, except we'll totally be able to tell. :D Yea, I'm still high from the coffee. So jumpy today. :))

Guest clarclar012

Thanks @Kgrl for clearing that out ~ :-*
I see ~ well SJK climbed that level too keke~ ;))but yeah it's different when it's ChaeKi .. I'll just wish for the best of them .. :-<I'm just having conflicts on my rational mind and delusional mind right now lol 
TAT2.gif away.gifaway.gifI'll catch up soon toasts~ b-(