[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest sasgrace

Gosh I want to watch episode 5 and I can't wait to see Lee Soon Think about Ok Jung during nuptial scene :D . YAI and KTH are so working to me. I watched episodes 3 and 4 again Lee Soon invited her to see the sunset with him. He so wants to have a date with her and Ok Jung wants it too :)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sasgrace

vaiduakhu said:

DC

A close to on air time frame live rating.

Ooohhhh.... I saw it coming from last week eps, the further down falling of the ratings, but did not expect to this extent.... #-o

Now... I really really really pity Yoo Ah In, and the rest of the production crews. Poor them... The story is interesting more and more but.... like I've said... good acting is still the most important thing after all if they want to pull off this drama until 20 something eps...

The preview looks good... hopefully the rating will be better.

Iki buya.... sigh....sigh.... sigh... :( :( :(

yes yes good acting eh... We saw it with BOF or dream high...

I've watched Episode 5 raw and so far, so good.  KTH acting is just fine although not superb, but enough for me.  I do not expect more and I'm already satisfied.  If she overacts, then that's worse than being a little subtle, tempered and naive.  She is very beautiful, whether she is angry, crying or smiling.  Her registry in the screen is awesome.  I hate too much emotional acting that seems far from reality.  Not all people react to some bad situations, as if it's the end of the world.  
I'm glad I didn't make a thorough research about this drama in the Korean history.  Else, I will feel like others do, expecting things to happen by the book.  The suspense and anticipation is still present and I can't wait to watch the next episodes.  Moreover, even if they change the history a little bit, I won't mind if it will make the story more exciting and thrilling to watch. 

Guest joinsung4ever

sasgrace said:

joinsung4ever

wrote:

»

vaiduakhu said:<br />

<br />

<br />

DC<br />

<br />

A close to on air time frame live rating.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Ooohhhh.... I saw it coming from last week eps, the further down falling of the ratings, but did not expect to this extent....

#-o

<br />

Now... I really really really pity Yoo Ah In, and the rest of the production crews. Poor them... The story is interesting more and more but.... like I've said... good acting is still the most important thing after all if they want to pull off this drama until 20 something eps...<br />

The preview looks good... hopefully the rating will be better.<br />

<br />

Iki buya.... sigh....sigh.... sigh...

:(:(:(

rants, tsk sometimes I really don't get what standards people have to be called 'good acting'. cause to me when an actor/actress can make me feel for his/her character, not to say weeping like a baby, i don't need anything else. same goes to the villains, when they make me hate them so much but w/o them my drama experience would be so dull. i'll never enjoy a drama with those skeptical views about what's supposed to be good acting and whatnot. that's why i always try to keep an opened mind whenever i decide to check out a drama/movie. yea just say i'm having very low standards if that makes people feel better and superior *rolls eyes*
end of rants

AGB ratings (out of pure informative responsibility :P ):Gu Family Book 14.4% 
God of the Workplace 14% 
Jang Ok Jung - 6.9%It's not such a disaster, really, after the "real time ratings" I was prepared for something like 4,8%, so let's celebrate  because we've gained 0,5% on TGFB <:-P Plus I'm finally watching episode 5 <:-P !!!

In my view, ratings do not mean anything .After attending college in my past life, everyone was competing for spots in my major. Similar to how shows are competing for the number one spot in the tv entertainment industry. Don't be too discouraged about ratings, just watch the show and enjoy it! Think of it like this, you watch the show because you admire the actors/actresses as well as the plot. If the plot wasn't progressing as one had planned it to, then one can stop viewing it. However, as of now, I think it's progressing quite nicely. Kudos to JOJ! :)

My point is that don't pay attention to the ratings, just watch what you want to and carry on. :)

I've just finished watching episode 5 and it's simply awesome \m/ !!! She remembers his measurements by heart and I seriously doubt she does that for other men  ;;) and she made him a jeogori and it looks like he is going to wear THE MODEST CLOTH a lot UNDER HIS ROYAL ROBES!!! Unrestrained fangirling mode  \m/ \m/ \m/ !!!1735b7ca7bcb0a464e9db26.gif
Kudos to the actress who plays IK because she's been great so far :-bd

Guest sasgrace

sasgrace said:

joinsung4ever wrote: »

vaiduakhu said:

DC

A close to on air time frame live rating.

Ooohhhh.... I saw it coming from last week eps, the further down falling of the ratings, but did not expect to this extent....

Now... I really really really pity Yoo Ah In, and the rest of the production crews. Poor them... The story is interesting more and more but.... like I've said... good acting is still the most important thing after all if they want to pull off this drama until 20 something eps...

The preview looks good... hopefully the rating will be better.

Iki buya.... sigh....sigh.... sigh...

yes yes good acting eh... We saw it with BOF or dream high...

As I expected.... :)) your responds...

I understand... but dear... its different story... ;;)

BOF and Dream High, are different genre, and targeting different audience. These both did not mean to be a grant production such as JOJ or Dong Yi (one of many examples) which is expected to have a grant achievement as it suppose and targeted to be . Those two dramas that you have mentioned is light-fun drama type. So one could not expect a heavy-complex story like in a grant production Saeguk. As long as the audience, mainly the teens have fun watching it and usually very depended to "good looking" stars then most probably it will survive or even better a booming like BOF. But "serious" drama such JOJ is targeting wider audience and most probably mature audience and they are likely more critical. So.... solid acting is a necessary... not to mention this drama covers the story of the infamous figure JOJ that widely known by all the Koreans and twisted it a bit from the original one, I mean from ambitious to innocent(?)/sweet JOJ. All the eyes of Korean audience set on it, and slight imperfection could lead to the situation like it currently on...

Such a pity situation for the whole production to go down just because of such a simple reason. I am not against KTH, but she should push herself more. Coz I am sure she can, not because I think the opposite. But I did not see her effort, or perhaps she did her big effort but unfortunately it is not enough. Does she reach her limit or what? That is why to me it is such a big disappointment. After all the good story and solid acting by the others, but it is still gotten sink with the ratings.... what do you think could be the reason is? Please tell me a good one? BTW, dont bring the reason is because people dont like what they see on the screen as "aunt-nephew" thing... it is so unreasonable... Ha Ji Won - Lee Seung Gi pairing in King 2 Hearts went well with bigger age gap than this L-)

I like this drama, that is why I keep following it. Just as many of you praise KTH, anyone else can also praise others than and not favoring her. That is why I posted my comment independently, not responding to any others that posted their praise on KTH. Since it is my personal opinion and I do not intend to confront anyone. Everyone is free. A bit of critic does not mean bad, instead it could also mean an encouragement doesnt it?

:)>-

first you talked about 'acting' not 'genre' of drama so I replied to you on acting question.

Now you want to bring the KTH story. First in my view her acting doesn't bother me. She is restrained and she built big chemistry with YAI. and she is very elegant here. She is not technically perfect but I feel for her. I am not a KTH lover but I feel it's too easy to lynch her. Sorry I don't fall into that in this case

On the ratings issue I am not in Korean ajummahs mind and one cannot explain everything like one cannot explain how disaster like BOF or MoonSun or dream high or else have good ratings

Didn't Kim Tae Hee say something about Dokdo that got her death threats in Japan? Also' date=' when I was in Japan, I saw lots of Chinese historical dramas but never Korean ones playing (but that could have just been me). Maybe the KARA factor will help since they are super duper popular in Japan. *crosses fingers*[/quote']

I saw Queen Seon Deok ads all over subway stations in Japan in 2011.

Horse Doctor is also sold to Japan market.

AGB ratings (out of pure informative responsibility :P ):Gu Family Book 14.4% God of the Workplace 14% Jang Ok Jung - 6.9%It's not such a disaster' date=' really, after the "real time ratings" I was prepared for something like 4,8%, so let's celebrate  because we've gained 0,5% on TGFB [/quote']

Lol, the final result makes me feel a lot better although it's 0.1% lower than last episode. The live rating is really scary.

Guest NEWMARIO

RATING EP5@ AGB

MBC Gu Family Book 14.4% (Seoul 17%)
KBS God of the Workplace 14% (Seoul 14.1%)
SBS Jang Ok Jung [not in top 20] 6.9% (Seoul 7.4%)

CR: AGB

RATING EP5@ TNmS

MBC Gu Family Book 13.3% (Seoul 15.4%)
KBS God of the Workplace 13.6% (Seoul 14.9%)
SBS Jang Ok Jung [not in top 20] (Seoul 9.5%)

CR: TNmS

@aemi Yes, there was news about KTH and negative publicity in Japan.  However, I think that is only a minority of anti-fans. I think Soompi sometimes kind of exaggerates the stories about K-entertainment in the Japan market. KTH's Jdrama, Boku to Star no 99 nichi didn't do too bad in Japan (it received about average rating).  But since she had a lead role in a major prime time Jdrama, I think her name is still more prominent. In addition, all the Kara fans would probably check out this drama as well. Actually I would think Queen of the Office would probably be the strongest interest to Japanese (if we are comparing the Mon/Tue dramas) because it's a remake of Haken no Hinkaku - a popular Jdrama.

Regarding the "aunt-nephew" issue about YAI and KTH.  Personally, I'm glad they chose an older actress to act alongside YAI.  I think the character of LS is quite mature and the leading lady reflects upon this. If the role of JOJ was given to someone younger, I think it would make the relationship between LS and JOJ would seem more adolescent-like.  In addition, LS might appear more as a rebelling teenager rather than having a king-like presence.  However, having an mature, elegant leading lady act alongside gives YAI a more mature, powerful and masculine appearance - which is more ideal for his character.  I actually forget about his real age.

Guest livon123

Maybe it is me, but the constant talk about the rating and Tae Hee's acting makes me weary of the show. I hope there is more talk about the plot in the drama and pics, etc. 
Anyway, from watching today's ep, I feel bad for IK, such an innocent girl. 
I think IH was amazing. I like how even though her father pushes her to be the queen, she said she want people to see her as the rightful honorable queen. She also don't plan to overthrow IK, I hope she comfort IK, since they seem to be friends or at least talk about their thoughts in ep 4. 
I think the selling point of JOJ should be the beginning story of OJ, previous series I have seen, they don't really tell you how OJ and LS met, or how OJ got to the palace. It starts with her returning, or kind of hurried it. Here we get to see how all the characters kind of went down their roads. 
I also feel for her, OJ, in a crazy palace like that, to survive you do crazy things. I think she really kept to herself, and used her wit to safe herself. Of course I am guessing her Uncle have ulterior motives, and everyone get thrown into it. I finished watching Queen Seondeok  the other day, perhaps OJ can be like Lady Mishil.
I thought Queen IK had two daughters that die early, lol if they decide to twist the story up with IK and IH, I don't think I will mind. Although, it actually pretty cool that we get to see IK, I don't remember seeing her character that often either.

Guest livon123

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Han Seung Yeon Talks About Burden of Being Compared to Kim Tae Heelee23j April 22, 20132 CommentsHan Seung Yeon Talks About Burden of Being Compared to Kim Tae Hee

On the most recent episode of MBC “Section TV Entertainment News,” reporterPark Seul Ki visited Kara‘s Han Seung YeonKang Ji Young, and actor Lee Min Ki at a photo shoot for an apparel brand.

During this interview, reporter Park Seul Ki commented on Han Seung Yeon’s resemblance to Kim Tae Hee, “You are currently working with Kim Tae Hee. I know that you’ve garnered much attention in the past as a ‘Kim Tae Hee look alike.’” 

Han Seung Yeon laughed bashfully and responded, “I’ve heard from others repeatedly that Kim Tae Hee is so pretty that she’ll make anyone standing next to her to look like a squid. So I got all nervous before I started filming with her. I still am. It’s very burdensome to be compared to her.” 

When reporter Park Seul Ki complimented Han Seung Yeon’s looks, “No, you’re no less pretty than she is,” Han Seung Yeon got up from her seat and bowed to Park Seul Ki constantly. Meanwhile, Han Seung Yeon is currently starring in SBS “Jang Ok Jung” with Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In

Archived