[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

smvd said::

1- Ok Jung brings the hanbok to one of her customer Lady (Dong Pyung's fiancee) and gets appointed for body measurement on the man she is going to marry. She leaves the woman and hears the maids wonder if she's not worried about Ok Jung seducing the fiance and the woman responds that she doesn't have anything to seduce himm since she's even human. The look of consternation, sadness and resignation on Kim Tae Hee's face was quite believable to me. She must have been so used to hearing that over the years, yet she can't blame them all because it is Joseon's customs that make it that way. Her only reaction is a pause, she stops breathing, looks down, and then looks up because she can't do anything about the fact that she is a salve, at least not in Joseon.

2- Ok Jung confronts her Uncle after she learns from her mother's owner that he had been bribing her so that she can't buy her mother's freedom. He ends up telling her about his revenge plan and asks her help but she refuses. I think Kim Tae Hee is at ease with the actor playing Uncle Jang. He's a veteran actor (Kyu Won's dad lol) and yet she did not get swallowed under the intensity of his acting and it does mean something! She portrayed her mistrust in him, the fact that she has complied with his crap for years when she knows that he isn't that nice to start with. At first she was just trying to resonate with him but when he told her what he had in mind she was just frightened. I liked the exchange for my part.

3-Ok Jung needs to meet with the person who will advance Uncle Jang's position in order to get a loan from him. The meet at a Gisaeng House and Ok Jung is akward at first but soon understands what lied under the man's surface and his words, and tells him they cannot work since he doesn't please her. I think a lot of people forget that in Joseon, talking badly to a high ranked official or even a man was trouble. I liked her change of expressons and the restrained way she had to tell him to richard simmons of!

4-Ok Jung and Soon are exchanging life hopes and dreams when the tone changes and he engages in a D&M. She was pleased at fisrt for someone to ask her what was her view of life but Kim Tae Hee managed to translate very well the look of lost but concern when he started talking about his upcoming arranged marriage.

Is all! I'll come with others when I'm done rewatching all 4 episode for the fifth time xD

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Camilaa

Wow so exciting, I see a clip of IH in there. I am excited, I think while she and IK will have similar fate, at least IH is not as naive as IK. LOL, Currently I don't know what to say about LS, since I think YAI does a great job protraying him. I never really thought of LS as a weak, dispute a lot of portrayal of him like that. I think even in Dong Yi he wasn't as powerless as everyone think. He actually got what he want. I definitely think he give more hope to people that are powerless by having queens that come from the middle class (JOJ) and servant low class (SukBin). At the same time his Queen are always from the noble class (IK, IH) so he kept with tradition also.

Preview episode 5

credit : sbsnow

>> Why do i feel sad when i see Lee Sun's expression when he marry In Kyung :( He doesn't love her..He's not happy..It's written all over his face..Because it's a political marriage..Anyway, I've read the history of King Sukjong and Jang Hee Bin..If i'm not mistaken, King Sukjong has 3 wives (3 queen including Queen In Hyun) and more than 5 concubines..Wow! I guess he's quite ladies' man in Joseon era :D For Yoo Ah In, i think he's already ladies' man and PD nim chose the perfect actor to portray King Sukjong :D

Archived