[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest sasgrace

In my view KTH manages well her parts. Her costars may be known to be better than her actingwise but so far she handle her parts well and when she interracts with all these much better actors, KHE YAI HSH LSY and her uncle, she is not eaten alive. And I am suprised with her chemistry with YAI. I even think that sometimes HSH opens her eyes too big too. But she is a good actress.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lexus123

@joinsung4ever. i know we have our own biases. I respect your point of view but I kept on watching the 4 episodes that had been shown and I don't see the glaring that you were saying. Obviously you've seen these from previous drama of here's. I mean KTH has improved and needs to improve more. Just the same, even we go back and forth with this argument, since we have our own biases, this will be a never ending story. But the bottom line is, it is very uncalled for you to bash her here, in a forum where she's one of the leads. When I watched kdrama and I am not happy with what I am seeing, I turned my computer off or find another drama that conforms with what I am looking for. I don't go to that forum and start bashing the lead/s because I believe, I might not like it but there's still a lot of people who are enjoying it. As the saying goes, "different folks different strokes". So, let us just enjoy with this forum. Ok? Anyways, I would like to thank everyone who enlightened me with the story of JOJ. I've learned a lot by reading your post. Way to go!

Guest kaeruchan

OMG Inkyung will die alone? Poor girl :(

I liked the actress playing IK, Kim Ha-eun since her Chuno/Slave Hunter days, where she played the gisaeng who harbors one-sided crush on Jang Hyuk's character. I love how she portrays the innocent, romantic IK but we all know, the sweet IK will have her high hopes crushed. The scene where LS picked her hanky like what she imagined, made me so happy and so sad at the same time. She meets her dream guy and gets to be with him, but she will never make her way into his heart :(

RanP said: I know IK will die early, when they show her having asthma, i just guessed. or maybe minister Min will poison her, or indirectly makes her health worse  @-) but alone?! why? LS, act like a man, be with your wife!

Guest NEWMARIO

Kara′s Han Seung Yeon Burns with Passion Toward Her Role in ′Jang Ok Jung′

2013-04-19 21:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeonhttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gifTranslation Credit : Erika Kim  http://enews24.interest.m..original articleicon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0Kara′s Han Seung Yeon is currently very, very busy.

She never misses training her vocals and dancing as a singer, but now she′s also added on top of that preparations toward becoming a full-fledged actress.

56995209.jpg

On April 8, Han Seung Yeon made her first, brief appearance in a full-length drama piece, SBS′ Jang Ok Jung. She will continue to appear as a competitor who tries to win the love of Sook Jong (Yoo Ah In) in the following episodes.

Before her shoots, Han Seung Yeon has been burning with passion toward her new endeavour, receiving training for her acting almost every day. Though such prejudices have mostly died down, there are still many who consider idol-turned-actors to be a nuisance, and that is what Han Seung Yeon fights against.

A rep from Han Seung Yeon′s agency DSP Media told enews on April 19, "Even we′re surprised at how hard Han Seung Yeon has been working. Many people have been telling us about how she looked in the first episode of Jang Ok Jung. She knows she′s still lacking in many aspects, and so she′s working hard. She will try to meet expectations."

The rep added, "It′s her first appearance in a full-length piece but she′s a fast learner. You can definitely look forward to her appearance."

Han Seung Yeon will start to appear regularly in the drama from its 12th episode.

Photo credit: SBS

Guest joinsung4ever

purpleZ said: I share @joinsung4ever's opinion. I think I can safely say I'm quite objective about Kim Tae Hee, as I don't dislike her nor like her. I have seen her in Stairway To Heaven and My Princess. As STH was her, if I'm not wrong, first drama, so I won't judge her acting from there since it would be unfair. In My Princess though she was still very much overacting. And I would think that she should be doing better now over the years, I wa hoping this time in JOJ, but I can say not much has changed. Maybe slightly. But her eyes... are expressionless. Here she always has that stiff look, awkward aura, when the scene is supposedly to be romantic. Before you all get me wrong, this is in NO WAY me trying to justify the poor rating. This is solely my opinion on Kim Tae Hee and her acting and nothing to do with her pretty face. This is an honest and non biased opinion and not a prejudice that a pretty actress can't act. There's a difference. Not all pretty actresses are labeled can not act, only those who have proven otherwise are free from the prejudice.

I think almost everyone here are supporters of the OTP but I don't feel anything for the two. Sorry about that. I was more attracted to In Hyun and DP's first interaction, but too bad they don't have any love line. And the constant accidental touchings of the OTP in one single episode was too much for me to handle. 8-|

For the drama in a whole, I will continue to watch this. I hope it gets better. And I hope they pay more attention to the details! Man, those mannequin and high heels are seriously a big mistake.:-S  Even they did explain why, even fusion, the setting is still Joseon and not modern days. Please be more careful.

Guest aeria

Personally I think KTH is doing a serviceable job in here. She is fine, not the greatest actor but it's enough to get the point across. Her chemistry with YAI is there, they look so good together even though KTH is much older than YAI.
HSH doesn't really have that "face" of Queen In Hyun being nice comparing to watched Dong Yi's version of QIH with Park Ha Sun but HSH acts well enough.
As far as the ratings goes, I feel like this drama deserves more! But the fact that this drama is a re-interpretation of Jang Hee Bin, the evil concubine that people in Korea have always known as is being painted as sympathetic and good in this drama and the angelic Dong Yi and In Hyun are being played as the antagonists doesn't sit well with them. People are turned off by it, compared to JOJ competitor dramas fusion saeguk Gu Family Book and romcom Queen of Office they are much easier to watch hence the higher ratings. Maybe as the story progresses the ratings will pick up and hopefully so because it's getting so good!

Love this coupletumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo3_250.giftumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo2_250.gif
tumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo4_250.giftumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo1_250.gif
tumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo5_250.giftumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo6_250.gif
tumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo7_250.giftumblr_mlidg9qb621rpyw6wo8_250.gif
cr; aegisyie 

Guest MaryFairy

Surprise!

Headsno2 aver Dramabeans recaped the first episode of our beloved drama ^^

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/04/jang-ok-jung-live-by-love-episode-1/

Sorry! Just saw ilwoo_aein's post!

My two cents because this is a forum.
Having watched korean dramas for more than decade,I have reached a point of NOT rummaging around for an impeccable drama.Long were the days of Sandglass(1995) ,First Love, where quality tales or intelligible subject matters would dictate viewership.Then came the  Hallyu Wave -Winter Sonata,All About Eve,Autumn In My Heart and the ever appealing Goong and Full House,all of which introduced to us the format of korean dramas.They were not perfect however.Sappy -crying/im a damsel in distress heroines grew annoying, dragging of plot lines in consecutive episodes were tiring,then there's the problem of acting.I would not exactly rewatch them nor deem them as 'the best',but X was and is the biggest fan of these dramas.I mention X because I think in this case it is a question of an individual's extent of reason and understanding,and even the individual's own personality plays a role.
After the K-wave,broadcasting stations started producing a gazillion dramas of all types of nature. 
We have ridiculous story lines with zero level of intellect yet soaring the highest ratings of all time.When I say ridiculous story lines,I'm not pointing at the fact that they are mostly fiction.Because fiction can be done well without being laughable or stupid.And then there's the casting of 'kpop idols' who can't act in dramas to supposedly boost up ratings.Then there's the excessive playing of OST's to make a scene or drama more worthy.So I dare question the legitimacy of quality and integrity of the whole system,this includes the audience.
Drama mistakes?Look at the errors of TMETS there would be a cameraman in the airing of an episode,an actor in a modern day jacket etc.But somehow viewers would be kind to laugh them off and still tune in to give mbc the highest ratings.Or in the case of East of Eden,a dead character who would move.Did the audience themselves discover these mistakes when they watched the episode?Or was it after news and netizens screen capped them?
When it comes to unbearable acting,I always turn to my boy KHJ as an example.In Bof the amount of screen time was a lot, on top off that the role was important.He was cringe-worthy for for 24 episodes.Note that Bof had so much popularity n the ratings surely reflected that.The acting was mediocre..and the logic..?So I can't reason how many are hand picking  KTH's acting and turning it as the drama's ultimate flaw.I would have many unkind things to say about many dramas and actors if that were the case.......
I know we watch to be entertained.But I've realized with many exceptions dramas don't always have to be unintelligent.Many times I look back after watching a one, and I'm not able to understand why I even bothered watching in the first place.
So my drama preference is simple.I want to be able to look back and know it possessed depth, doomed idealism with beauty that is rare and that it held its own.Its only been 4 episodes but I'm pretty convinced JOJ will make it into the list.
Its a sunday already tomorrow! @wangnyeo preview will be out tomorrow or on Monday haha.They like to torture us like that.
Have a great weekend guys!! :P

Guest Sunflower_tx

@gorres: There's a high chance SBS freaked out after ep2 ratings and started re-doing some scenes or even changing the script. They invested ALOT of MONEY in this though.
I've watched all 4 eps but somehow I could not digest the storyline. According to you, should I blame it on my brain or level of intelligence because JOJ might content too high level of intellect?

A drama can have mediocre actors but possess a touching storyline and characters that are able to win the hearts of the audiences would have a better ratings than a drama with a storyline that CANNOT win the majority of audiences' hearts, but possess extremely good actors (ex: All About My Love)
Talking about All About My Love starring Shin Ha Kyung, it has been getting dismal ratings but NOONE criticizes his acting because he's doing his job well in a mediocre plot.
Same to The King 2 Hearts last year. It started at #1 but the ratings went down to last place just like JOJ. Again, the media or netizens at that time DID NOT criticize Lee Seung Gi's acting or anyone's in that drama.
Then why do they do that to Kim Tae Hee now?

Anyways, I will still be watching it in my spare time because I want to know more about the changes in In Hyun and Dong Yi characters.

Guest kimbee

add note @gorres; preview will coming out Monday @ 10 pm, its drama airing...!!! 1188059281127.gif
lets 1188060200610.gif for a great weekend...  but i think i'll be bobox.gif all day long,4A.gif
PD-nim why are you hiding the preview... ??! make me curious to death!!!  http://emote.rkasigi.net/kucingonion/mad.gif

@Sunflower_tx By no means do I think JOJ has too much intellect involved,I was simply mentioning a few dramas that have scored high drama ratings while possessing facile storylines.I don’t think you understood the intention of my post,if i was faint I do apologize.I’m a bit confused with yours ‘touching storyline and characters that are able to win the hearts of audience’.I stress my problem is with shallow storylines or characters,on the other hand you are referencing ‘touching storylines and characters’.I believe we are disagreeing on what is considered ‘touching’?

On acting criticism I’m pointing out the fact that I don’t believe KTH is deserving of all the bashing from netizens and various net portals for a good drama like JOJ(and again our opinions differ)I keep going back and forth about revealing how many actors twice as bad as her don’t get half the criticism she gets.You ask me why they do that to her?I don’t have an answer to that. I dare ask why wasn’t she getting half the bashing in her previous dramas ?Because if anything she has improved.

I appreciate your opinions,cheers!!

:)>-
@kimbee Monda at 10 pm?That's so long urghh!haha yeah lets have a good weekend.

Guest Sunflower_tx

@gorres: the 1st 4 rows are my reply to your post.

The rest is just my rant on JOJ including possible reason to its ratings and netizens' criticism.

Guest xtaeheex

Hi everyone, 
I've interesting reading all your comments and honest about KTH's acting. 
I'm a fan of KTH, i know KTH is not best actress, To me i see she has improved and did well in JOJ. Her chemistry with YAI is great and sooo sweet. I
've read k-article that KTH praised Sung Dong II's acting (who act be her evil uncle) He give lots advised to her. ^_^  
so...low rating actually have nothing to do with her acting, its might they already know that story many times...I was re-watching JOJ episodes 1-4, I absolutely love this. I hope the rating go up soon.  
And about KTH's wearing heels articles, k-netizens are silly she make a small mistake...u guys all know KTH's not all cast of JOJ are the same height as her...that's why she need heels and her hanbok will hides it. -_-
I hope KTH and cast of JOJ stay strong strength. Fighting!!!
Happy Weekend to u all!

chingus! i got addicted to this series when i watched the first episode last night. never thought that kim tae hee and yoo ah in would look really great on screen. are they live shooting already since there is no preview for episode 5?

Guest livon123

So sukbin appears regularly on ep 12, I hope she at least show up here and there before that. 
Anyway, I was reading the character summary, about SukBin and JOJ. It hint that SB is the cause or origin of JOJ's problem. I wonder if it literally mean SB plot against JOJ, or perhaps, people who support IH and her, decide to cause problem for JOJ. Like some of you mentioned, I hope SB isn't totally bad, perhaps the bittersweet ending would be SB reminds LS of both IH and JOJ. While he is with SB, the ending scene would be something they are talking, and he looks at her and see JOJ, then bang end hahaha. I don't think I will mind that.

Archived