[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

briseis said: @xxsarahhoangerz: Welcome  >:D< ! Great to see new fans of the drama coming here every day!
About JOJ finding herself "magically on the rock" - I think she crawled out onto it from the water and passed out there because she simply didn't have enough strength after fighting against the current. The PD simply didn't show it since it would have slowed down the pace of the story. 
I suppose her notebook didn't get wet because it was hidden in a wooden casket which looks pretty waterproof to me  ;)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimbee

@briseis yaaa i realize when watch vid bts KTH wore man's outfit with LSY... i don't know either which ep that scene... i'm just found it... :D

Guest kimbee

when i watch Ep 4 Raw, i thought his tears was real and pure because of love for his wife...at least he still has a sense of humanity....but after i watched Ep 4 with Eng Sub it was not "fake"... =((  i'm just misguided...!!! it isn't surprised me...  :|
he forced his wife to survive because fear of his daughter "InHyun" as a crown princess disqualified. he was just greedy with power......  :-w [-(

554789_114722288726430_495450536_n.jpg

RanP said: Now, after reading the complete character description (thanks to koala <3), I'm eagerly waiting for Chi Soo (Hae Hee) appearance. His story sounds tragic, he was almost drown by JOJ's uncle when the later knew about his feeling for JOJ. but he survived and came back for JOJ to find out her belonging to someone else?! I think at that moment, she's still just a maiden in the palace, in name she's the king's woman, but it's not like she's his consort. it's why CS wouldn't give up. I feel sad for him already. cause while i'm fascinated by LS character I'm quiet sure to despise this same man later on. I pray to dramagod to give some edge to CS' character, i want JOJ to apprehend DP and CS' feeling for her, i don't want her to be dead end with LS only.

Again, big WELCOME HUGS to everyone who first post here. I know JOJ can't beat some other drama on fanbase but instead i'm glad at the constructive posts i've been reading, and not some fangirling, non-related things. quality over quantity any day for me! this drama gives us so many feels these days, i can't even. let's stay united and get in a weepfest together in the end.. lol

livon123

said: I was reading some posts before, and someone mentioned JOJ will have some elements of Bu Bu Jing Xing? That is interesting because I love BBJX, and it is hard to beat that, masterfully done. However, besides both are base on a novel, beautiful characters and outfits. I am not really seeing the similarities well the palace is one. I am excited to know if there is more news or people find similarities?

Guest julie721

This drama is getting better and better...

And it's good to know more people interested in this drama. I love reading your posts here, so many good opinions, insightful thoughts, and broaden my knowledge about Korea's history in general.

I'm practically newbie in Sageuk. I usually skip this genre. The only Sageuk I completely finished watching was Arang. I skipped a lot of TMETS. That's why it surprised me JOJ can make me invest so much to this drama.

Now that I've watched 4 eps with subs, I can feel that pain of tragic love overshadow in the future. And reading the character description just strengthen my feeling. I think I'm gonna have to prepare myself.

irenns said: RanP said: Now, after reading the complete character description (thanks to koala <3), I'm eagerly waiting for Chi Soo (Hae Hee) appearance. His story sounds tragic, he was almost drown by JOJ's uncle when the later knew about his feeling for JOJ. but he survived and came back for JOJ to find out her belonging to someone else?! I think at that moment, she's still just a maiden in the palace, in name she's the king's woman, but it's not like she's his consort. it's why CS wouldn't give up. I feel sad for him already. cause while i'm fascinated by LS character I'm quiet sure to despise this same man later on. I pray to dramagod to give some edge to CS' character, i want JOJ to apprehend DP and CS' feeling for her, i don't want her to be dead end with LS only.

Again, big WELCOME HUGS to everyone who first post here. I know JOJ can't beat some other drama on fanbase but instead i'm glad at the constructive posts i've been reading, and not some fangirling, non-related things. quality over quantity any day for me! this drama gives us so many feels these days, i can't even. let's stay united and get in a weepfest together in the end.. lol

Guest kimbee

wooww... its so crowded here now... love it.... welcome @kaiskloset, @j0j0l3 and the new others...  >:D<
i wonder what are you all post it here... ;)

Ok Jung use High Heel, =))

547318_114764555388870_79398728_n.jpg

Guest kimbee

He opened old wounds that still have not even dried... twice with the same injury by the same man... Poor Ok Jung!!! :((

537933_114724682059524_1629103817_n.jpg

Guest kaeruchan

kimbee said:Ok Jung use High Heel, =))

The news is all over the korean media until the team has to give an explanation about it :D How nice it will be if Ok-jung starts a new trend among the palace women when she enters the palace!
briseis said: @kaeruchan: Hi there  >:D< ! I remember you from the BM thread I knew your name seemed familiar! I think that if JOJ can keep this up the upcomig LMH's drama will have to pull off something extraordinary to even come close in the level of excitement and addiction I feel for JOJ right now  :x .

Yay!!! More people to join the future sob fest. Welcome everyone. Not that I am any veteran here or anything but I am happy that at least some viewers out there are watching, even though we aren't Korean viewers.

Uh oh... Ok jung in high heels? They are going to find every mistake in this series. Editing and production - step it up an show them everything you are made of. :) fighting!

I admire how the PD's been spending time on the transitions. Despite the fact that these shots seem like trivial ways how to interconnect scenes, the opposite is the truth - they are significant and subtle moments that give the drama the little extra that I always look for in any series. And gorgeous to boot :x3004940_zps4e8de41c.gif3004950_zpsf4b98452.gif3005478_zpsc115e589.gif3005428_zps63bc74fc.gif
Passing but not actually meeting just like their stations in society, however, they are still able to cross each other's paths showing that they aren't that distant after all.

Guest MaryFairy

Ah! I just love it when a drama portrays characters (not just the leads!) with nuance and realism. Here, you don't have characters who are outright bad or good. Even the villains have different layers of characterization that make us understand why they act that way. For instance, Jang Hyun (Ok Jung's uncle) is evil, but you also get that he's partly this way because the class system is Joseon belittles people like him and treat them differently just because they were not born in the noble class. While it doesn't excuse some of his wrongdoing (killing people!), he is also a victim of the policies of the time. You can't help but sympathize a bit with him when you see the nobles like Minister Min having use their power for their personal gains and pulling ranks just for the sake of it.

As for the ladies, I appreciate that a retelling of Jang Hee Bin's tale doesn't automatically make Queen In Hyun evil either. From what I've seen so far, In Hyun is a noble lady with pride, but she also have a code of honor and her own values. She will speak out if she sees injustice, even if remaining silent would have been beneficial to her (when she was defending In Kyung in ep. 4). I don't know how she'll be later on, but for now, we've seen enough of her character to understand that she's also a victim of the men's quest for power. She's a victim of her dad's desire to control the royal family, but also a victim of Lee Soon's determination to not let the power fall into Minister Min's hand. I felt so bad for her at the end of episode 4 when Lee Soon chose In Kyung, because In Hyun had hope and was humiliated in front of the whole palace, when all she did was following her Dad's order (when her mom just died!). Who knows, maybe Lee Soon would have loved her had she not been Minister Min's daughter, but I now have a feeling that he'll always have that prejudice against her, which is truly sad.

As for Ok Jung, I love that she can stand up for herself, but that she can also show her vulnerable side as well. Heroines usually fall blindly in love with the hero as soon as he saves her, but Ok Jung is not a air head: yes, he saved her, but how can he be so cocky and assured when her life was in danger? She had every reason to be mad, because at that moment, Lee Soon was clearly only thinking about his own skills. It's a rare case of a heroine who is trying to save herself with her own skills, and I find that truly admirable.

Finally, I can not write this without a mention of Lee Soon. For once, we have a realistic portrayal (so far) of future King Sukjong, who was sadly more remembered for being an indecisive husband who ended up with 2 dead wives... Seeing a young (would be) monarch having his personal vision of his own country always gets me straight to the heart. He wants the best for his people, but is trapped within the palace politics, so I totally understand his frustration. He's not the most romantic guy around, but it's nice to see a future king actually caring about ruling a country and not just smitten in puppy love. As a ruler, his heart must belong to the people first and foremost. It is sadly the price one has to pay when in such position of power. When it comes to love, he does have his own desire and feelings, but he also knows what he can have and what he can't have. He chose the Crown Princess that would be the less harmful to him, and it's clearly a political decision. Like I said, I feel bad for In Hyun, but I also feel bad for In Kyung. She's so sweet and smitten by him, but you can tell that Lee Soon doesn't really care (for now) about her feelings. I'm not saying that as a criticism of him, just stating a fact.

Anyway, that was a long post! I can't wait to see more of Prince Dongpyung as well. He's super sweet, but we can see that there's more to him than meets the eyes. I may have missed it, but I still don't know how he got to know Ok Jung. I hope that we'll have an explanation to that as well ;)

Guest kimbee

just visit this link => http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/k-drama-hub/
u will found Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love in the high rating, \:D/ :D

Now I remember, Chi Soo actually has someone who likes him, Ja Kyung played by Ji Yoo, who eventually becomes another enemy to JOJ (as if she doesn't have enough). though unlike DP whom i wish for his happy ending, I feel CS won't probably have it easy, he's not like DP who put aside his feeling. and from his character description, his life will be eventful as well with the sin of loving the king's woman. i really don't want any of them to die :((

Archived