[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest kimbee

class="cb b15""Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee's Acting "Mixed Emotions from Viewers"

jang-ok-jung-lives-for-love-kim-tae-hees

(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee's Acting "Mixed Emotions from Viewers"

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee's acting is receiving mixed emotions from critics and viewers.

During the 3rd episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love", Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) reveals a trauma she received from her childhood that continues to haunt her.

Jang Ok Jung hesitates when she is unable to pay her loans with high interest. The lenders track her down and demands money while saying, "If you don't pay your debt right now, I'm going to burn everything down!"

When a spark of fire begins, Jang Ok Jung remembers an accident she experienced in the past and remembers Lord Kang's Wife (Yon Yoo Sun) who passed away. Haunted by her memories, Jang Ok Jung collapses to the ground in pain.

In the state of panic where she is unable to stop shaking, she throws some documents at the lenders and says, "I'll pay you back soon. For now, I will give you something that I value with my own life. What more do you need?"

This was a scene where Kim Tae Hee was required to show her best. It was the first scene where Kim Tae Hee was required to portray a strong set of emotions in a hectic situation. Regardless of Kim Tae Hee's efforts to portray her character during this scene, viewers had very differing opinions about her acting.

Viewers responded to this scene with comments like, "I can't watch Jang Ok Jung because of Kim Tae Hee's acting", "How is it possible that Kim Tae Hee's acting isn't improving?" and "She is an actress who is more fit to appear in advertisements."

On the other hand, some responded with comments like, "Kim Tae Hee's acting improved so much", "If you look carefully, you can see Kim Tae Hee taking small steps to improvement" and "Kim Tae Hee is all about the visuals, her acting doesn't matter."

source: kdramastars

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest uburoi

Thanks for the properly translated character descriptions. All I can say is: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not prince DP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest livon123

LOL, that is a good point, if you watch the episodes with subs, you noticed these little hint about the characters. Lines that they live by,  I like that a lot, you can find so many meanings in just  a few lines, and so many interpretation of what they are suppose to mean. In a way it really help us grudge the characters set up and what we would expect if something happen, how would they react. 
LS a royal that is struggling for power and figuring out his own feelings. We know he is a good fighter, take charge of military camps, doesn't shy away from challenge. But Yoo Ah In did say he is kind of like a bad guy because the things he do as a king... I really can't wait to see how he show that intense love, yet push OJ afar too. LOL does anyone remember that scene in The Princess' Man where Park Shi Hoo said he can't let Moon Chae Won go anymore, after all the chances he tried to be neglect in front of her. I think we might see it in here?
JOJ strong head, smart and witty fashion designer, which live for love I think they should have kept that part in the title. But perhaps the writer decide she is not just living for love, stronger than that, she is willing to sacrifice love for family? The misunderstanding that eventually rip LS and her apart? LOL after all the false promise LS did to OJ, don't you just want LS to suffer a little. At this point I think OJ likes LS, and LS is interested in OJ, but not two way love yet. It kind of funny because LS think of OJ and he is happy, but right now OJ think of LS and I think her heart ache. I am sure he will make it up though. 
IH noble woman, manage to show grace even under circumstances she doesn't expect. I don't think she is the type to plan stuff, more of an defense player, while her father is a big time offense player. I like how she care about her mother so much - oh perhaps when she find out how her mother die that is when she begin to do the offense against OJ's side well it should be directed at that one guy threatening OJ (ok a little off history, but the side that support OJ's son to be crown prince and her as queen, got IH exciled, ironically later that side turned and brought IH back and demoted OJ - so wonder how that work)
Prince DP is a cute character, but I also wonder why he acts like a womanizer, what is his story? He doesn't want the king's position, and he plays around. However, for OJ will the script writer make him an offense player like going after a certain title or status in order to protect OJ? I hope he stays innocent yet strong, but keep his bromance with LS. I would be scared if DP and LS get on the wrong side and battle it out. I just like the way the trailer showed him holding Jae Hee back. The guardian of the LS and OJ. I wouldn't mind if he be IH's confidant too. They both kind of on the same boat, one like LS the other OJ, neither getting much love back.
Jae Hee's character is a total mystery for me, but I wonder if OJ likes him at all? I am having the first love feel off them (well, minus the time young LS and OJ kissed...) I felt bad for his character just by reading his description, did so much to climb to a reputable rich position, but doesn't have his girl, only protecting her. I can see an even sadder ending for Jae Hee than DP. In terms of age though, I think he and Tae hee are perfect both '80. 
SookBin, so far I feel like she is just the type of girl that snobby pure evil kind haha the JOJ version that everyone have in mind. If she continue like that, no other dimension it might be the only character I don't get and don't want to get haha. I am hanging in there for her because the stills of her looking from behind the fence thing, looks like she does care about LS...

Guest kimbee

class="cb b15"let me add another articles about these... :)
class="cb b15""Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee Saved by Yoo Ah In "Constant Physical Contact"

jang-ok-jung-lives-for-love-kim-tae-hee-

(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee Saved by Yoo Ah In "Constant Physical Contact"

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" After saving Kim Tae Hee's life, Yoo Ah In holds her tightly.

April 16, the 4th episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" featured Lee Soon (Yoo Ah In) saving Jang Ok Jung's (Kim Tae Hee) from a group of robbers.

Lee Soon jumps in to save Jang Ok Jung from a group of robbers deep in the mountain. Lee Soon successfully shoots the arm of a man holding Jang Ok Jung with his talented archery skills. The robbers begin to attack Lee Soon all at once and the man who was shot in the arm by an arrow drags Jang Ok Jung further away.

Lee Soon begins to follow after the man who took Jang Ok Jung away. After successfully saving Jang Ok Jung from the robbers, he calms her down by holding her tightly in his arms.

Jang Ok Jung yells at Lee Soon for shooting at the man who was holding a knife to her throat. Jang Ok Jung says, "You shot at the man who was holding a knife to my throat. I could have lost my life because of you if you missed by a little bit."

Lee Soon replies, "I never do something I am not confident about."

Later, Jang Ok Jung tries to refuse getting on the same horse as Lee Soon. Lee Soon forcefully lifts her up onto the horse and takes her away to safety. While they ride the horse together, Jang Ok Jung and Lee Soon begin sharing stories about their dreams. It is an official beginning of their love story.

Guest livon123

Actually would someone point me to where I can read the proper english translation of the characters? I think it holds a lot of hint of what will happen. If only there is english sub of their interviews, photoshoot, and press conference, I bet that would be interesting too.

Guest kimbee

let me add another articles about these... :)

class="cb b15""Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Chooses Kim Ha Eun to Be His Queen "Kim Tae Hee Devastated"

by Staff Writer   Apr 17, 2013 05:27 AM EDT

jang-ok-jung-lives-for-love-yoo-ah-in-ch

(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Chooses Kim Ha Eun to Be His Queen

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In chooses Kim Ha Eun to become his future queen.

April 16, the 4th episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" featured Lee Soon (Yoo Ah In) chooses Ingyeong (Kim Ha Eun) to become his queen in order to avoid falling into the trap of future Queen Myeongseong (Kim Sun Kyung) and Min Yoo Joong (Lee Hyo Jung).

When Lee Soon finds out that the two were planning his marriage based on a woman's wealth and family background, he becomes disgusted. It has previously been featured that Lee Soon hates the fact that his existence was being planned to be used for more political power to his family. Lee Soon had even asked his father whether if it was possible to wed a woman he truly loves or not.

Instead of choosing Inhyeon (Hong Soo Hyun), as everybody wanted, Lee Soon chooses Ingyeong to be his queen.

Min Yoo Joong becomes furious by Lee Soon's decision and begins to plan another plan to get what she originally wanted.

This episode also features Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) showing tears after finding out that Lee Soon does not have any feelings for her just because of her social status in society.

Guest kimbee

class="cb b15""Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Falls Deep in Love with Kim Tae Hee"

by Staff Writer   Apr 17, 2013 06:02 AM EDT

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Falls Deep in Love with Kim Tae Hee
(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Falls Deep in Love with Kim Tae Hee

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" The romance between Kim Tae Hee and Yoo Ah In officially begins.

In the 3rd episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love", Lee Soon (Yoo Ah In) is featured falling more and more in love with Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee).

Lee Soon saves Jang Ok Jung from embarrassment by the royalty when he shows up. Lee Soon hides his identity and tells Jang Ok Jung that he is very close to the crown prince.

Jang Ok Jung says, "You became involved in this mess for no reason" and "It appears that there is a lady that you should take care of instead of me." Lee Soon replies, "Are you jealous?" and teases her.

Just like the moment Lee Soon and Jang Ok Jung met in the flower garden, he asks, "Are you sure we haven't seen each other before?" Jang Ok Jung replies, "I already told you that we haven't once before when we met in the flower garden."

Later, every time Lee Soon thought of Jang Ok Jung, he couldn't help but smile. Unable to concentrate on anything, Lee Soon tells his servants that he cannot focus and that they should leave him in peace.

Then, Lee Soon and Jang Ok Jung run into each other in the palace when she makes a visit to see Ingyeong (Kim Ha Eun) in order to deliver a skirt. While she tries to find her way around the palace, Jang Ok Jung runs into Lee Soon.

Lee Soon is unable to hide her smile when he sees her. Lee Soon realizes that he is falling in love with her as he is unable to take his eyes off of Jang Ok Jung while she tries to pick out a skirt.

Guest kimbee

class="cb b15""Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In Discriminates Against Kim Tae Hee and Her Low Class Status"

by Staff Writer   Apr 17, 2013 05:09 AM EDT

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In's Story Brings Tears to Kim Tae Hee's Eyes
(Photo : SBS) "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Yoo Ah In's Story Brings Tears to Kim Tae Hee's Eyes

"Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" Kim Tae Hee begins to cry after listening to Yoo Ah In's story.

April 16, the 4th episode of the SBS drama "Jang Ok Jung Lives for Love" features Jang Ok Jung (Kim Tae Hee) spending time at the secret military camp site where Lee Soon (Yoo Ah In) was stationed.

During the night, Jang Ok Jung overhears a conversation between Lee Soon and Hyun Moo (Bae Jin Seob) while they have a drink together. Hyun Moo begins to suspect Jang Ok Jung's true motive to agree to continue helping Lee Soon.

Lee Soon replies, "I told you I'm at a higher place. Even if I can't get the best, I need to at least get something decent. You really think I would mix emotions with someone as low?"

Jang Ok Jung had been living her whole life as she is now. Of all people, when Lee Soon reveals that even he considers her as a lower class member, Jang Ok Jung quietly returns to her room and begins to cry.

Guest livon123

I was reading some posts before, and someone mentioned JOJ will have some elements of Bu Bu Jing Xing? That is interesting because I love BBJX, and it is hard to beat that, masterfully done. However, besides both are base on a novel, beautiful characters and outfits. I am not really seeing the similarities well the palace is one. I am excited to know if there is more news or people find similarities?
Never mind above, @uburoi thanks so much for the character description :D Awesome, I am hook

Guest kaeruchan

Hello everyone. Just finished watching episode 4 and I knew it, JOJ is so going to be my crack drama after a long sageuk drought. I love love LOVE :x the drama because it makes me excited with all the smiles, gestures, exchanging glances, and those plotting. I can say that it's because of the cast and the production team, but I think 40% of those excitement is because of Lee Soon. Hehe. I'm shallow like that.

I've read about the ratings and the issue of KTH's acting, and I'm here to say that I agree with all your thoughts, saying that KTH is quite good in this drama, considering that this her first sageuk venture. I don't really care about how good or how bad the cast is in dramas as the most important thing to me is the plot. Although most of us have been watching dramas for several years, I think it's not fair for us to judge the actors and actresses since we are not the professionals. There must be a reason why the directors and script writers decide to pick them to fit with the characters. Even if we don't really like how the cast is expressing their emotions, it's something subjective. Okay, we can express out thoughts since this is the Internet, where people can say anything they want, but there has to be some kind of moderation and avoid condemning the party being talked about.

Sorry for the rant but I don't have any other place to rant about this. I mean, I love this drama so much and I'm sad to see the news and articles talking about how bad the ratings, storyline, etc are when we're just in the second week. I hope the team behind JOJ won't feel too burdened by those articles and continue to give us the best for this drama. I am a sageuk and history freak, so this is just my cup of tea (or coffee, whatever you like to call it).

Hugs for all of you JOJ lovers  >:D<

@kaeruchan: Hi there  >:D< ! I remember you from the BM thread I knew your name seemed familiar! I think that if JOJ can keep this up the upcomig LMH's drama will have to pull off something extraordinary to even come close in the level of excitement and addiction I feel for JOJ right now  :x .

Guest xxsarahhoangerz

Honestly had no idea this drama would be so good.. I watched the first 5 minutes and i was hooked.. Anyways, some thoughts of mine.. I read that some people think that it's somewhat similar or parts of it are similar to Bu Bu Jing Xin.. however, I think it's more similar to the Moon that Embraces the Sun. The characters seem somewhat similar to me.. Probably cause it's set in around the same time period?

Anywho.. I kind of wished they paid some more attention to details. Sorry if this is a spoiler but after OJ falls into the water.. she magically is laid down PERFECTLY on a rock that is clearly above water?? Oh and.. it seems like her drawing book is COMPLETELY DRY. Like wtf??? Not that those things are gonna stop me from watching this drama.. but just wish that these things could have been noticed.. I normally dont nitpick things but this caught me a bit off guard lol.

Regardless.. crown prince is <3<3<3 hot.

Now, after reading the complete character description (thanks to koala <3), I'm eagerly waiting for Chi Soo (Jae Hee) appearance. His story sounds tragic, he was almost drown by JOJ's uncle when the later knew about his feeling for JOJ. but he survived and came back for JOJ to find out her belonging to someone else?! I think at that moment, she's still just a maiden in the palace, in name she's the king's woman, but it's not like she's his consort. it's why CS wouldn't give up. I feel sad for him already. cause while i'm fascinated by LS character I'm quiet sure to despise this same man later on. I pray to dramagod to give some edge to CS' character, i want JOJ to apprehend DP and CS' feeling for her, i don't want her to be dead end with LS only.

Again, big WELCOME HUGS to everyone who first post here. I know JOJ can't beat some other drama on fanbase but instead i'm glad at the constructive posts i've been reading, and not some fangirling, non-related things. quality over quantity any day for me! this drama gives us so many feels these days, i can't even. let's stay united and get in a weepfest together in the end.. lol

@xxsarahhoangerz: Welcome  >:D< ! Great to see new fans of the drama coming here every day!
About JOJ finding herself "magically on the rock" - I think she crawled out onto it from the water and passed out there because she simply didn't have enough strength after fighting against the current. The PD simply didn't show it since it would have slowed down the pace of the story. 
I suppose her notebook didn't get wet because it was hidden in a wooden casket which looks pretty waterproof to me  ;)

Archived