[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the subs update. I was able to finally watch it with eng subs. I did watch them with c-subs but sometimes I like to see them with eng subs too before I comment too much. The young ok jung was very moving especially her innocence and her belief in LS whom she clearly knows very little about. 
These two characters are so captivating here. LS is going to figure it out in the next episode right?? Please let me he's smart and can figure it out - although I suppose it will difficult since he supposedly forgot about her. I know he's king and all and it wasn't his fault that he ditched her that night. However, putting my modern mind to it, she could make him give a least a good explanation. She cried that night and said she was hurt because she thought he ditched her because of her lowly status. While that wasn't the reason for that night, that was the reason he never sought her out afterwards. It was his younger, a little more naive self that said a promise is a promise and must be fulfilled. :) I am still holding out for some hijinks before all the craziness starts.
After thinking about it, I'm hoping that they can show me something a little new here. I have seen a lot of royal Joseon sageuks now and a lot of them are very very similar. It's usually the characters that draw me to them. I know what happened in history but I'd still like to see some sort of twist to it to make it not like every other saguek involving Joseon royalty or other previous JOJ's/ King SJ works out there.I hope JOJ as an adult has some pep to her when it comes to interactions with the King. I know in real life back then, I don't think the King's woman could really do much pep. It's a drama... I will accept sass from a consort. It's hard not to like KTH as OJ up to this point. 

now i watch with sub, i could understand more. the harsh reality of joseon hierarchy really affected and changed LS's way of thinking. This is just me, even though it's sad that he broke his promise with JOJ, I like that he's not stuck with his first love. Granted, we know it's his otp but at that moment in his mind what's clearly more important is to learn more about the hierarchy and stand by his father. He is the future king after all and that's what a king should do.
I'm curious too about when they'll recognize each other. After ep3 preview, looks like JOJ has forgotten about him and so has LS. Both have their own reason to want to forget that encounter. It's going to be interesting to see how they react when JOJ realizes LS's identity (crown prince) and LS' remembering her. Historically, he married queen IH first, I want to see the moment him becoming king and lady Min becoming queen IH and JOJ's standing in all this. I must be masochistic since I know all this won't do well to my heart and still look forwards to it ;_;

oh and i like JOJ's pov about relationship, 'during the courtship it feels like warm spring; but once married it feels like frigid winter' now there girl knows it's not always rose and dreamy huh.

Guest NEWMARIO

class="post-title" style="background-color: transparent; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px; line-height: 28px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "Yoo Ah In Reveals His Secret to Attracting Older Women

By Missy on April 10, 2013 | 2 Comments

yooahin

Yoo Ah In claims that the secret to his popularity among nuna fans is his pretty behind! On a recent episode of SBS’s One Night TV Entertainment, when he was asked, “What do you think the reason is for your popularity among older women?” he answered, “I think it’s because I have a pretty butt.”

He also revealed that he was asked out by a 30-year-old woman when he was just 20 years old!

But he reassures his nuna fans and said that he is okay with an older woman, just as long as she doesn’t need a cane when walking. Yoo Ah In also proves to be a very suitable husband who can “cook just about anything but is especially good in cooking Korean food.”

What do you think about Yoo Ah In’s charms?

(Source: http://www.news.nate.com)

cr:/blog.dramafever.

THE JOSEON ROYAL SAGA CONTINUES: THE (ILL-)FATED MEETING OF LADY MIN AND PRINCE DONG PYUNG DONG PYUNG GOON'S RULES OF WOOING
1. Their meeting was staged and orchestrated by their families - the crown prince meeting his bride-to-be. The future queen was in the right place at the right time, however, the royal family sent the wrong prince.
 2981165_zps983e9936.gif
"Make a good impression! The first five seconds are crucial."
2981175_zps06a87fb7.gif

And encore!
2981175_zps06a87fb7.gif

"The crown princes have their mighty swords, the rest of us have to manage only with humble branches. Remember, the more blossoms the better."
2981197_zps60912123.gif2981201_zpsc5d84bed.gif
"Bewitch her with you radian smile."
2981309_zps0c9a2003.gif2981333_zpsada1e701.gif
"When the worst happens and you            "...be funny. Women hate   are struck speechless by her                       boring men."           beauty..."
2981370_zps1e9fc05f.gif2981410_zps7aafbc31.gif
"Damn! Why do all the ladies want      "But I still managed to impress   to marry only my cousin?! I was           her :)>- !"  in such a good form today!!!"
2. She doesn't seem to be completely indifferent to his charms. If only she wasn't so snobbish and conceited and dead set on becoming the queen of Joseon I would ship them together.2981326_zps74e6d32d.gif

Ranp I second your thoughts.Its been a while since I 've watched a saguek done well.This drama was advertised to have a diff outlook on Jang Hee Bin's nefarious repute, and I really do appreciate how well they mingled some fictional plot with historical figures/facts.Seeing how most of us know the sad end to her story,I hope this drama manages to restore some contentment to us viewers despite the heartache.
Ready for the adult actors to sizzle us with their chemistry!Monday come fast..
thank you all for keeping the thread alive with posts =D>

Guest MGYlove

class="content-title"Kim Tae Hee Is Happy to Be Nicknamed the Prettiest Actress to Play Jang Ok Jung kim-tae-hee-jang-ok-jung2.png

On SBS’s “One Night of TV Entertainment,” which was aired on April 10, actress Kim Tae Hee showed her confidence in her appearance by stating, “I have heard that I am the best looking actress to play Jang Ok Jung.”

She continued, “Because I was known to be the ‘pretty actress,’ I always felt the stress to look pretty at all times. This time, as you watch the drama ‘Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love,’ I hope you will focus on the story of Jang Ok Jung’s life.”

When asked what the biggest difference was between her and all the other actresses that played this character, Kim Tae Hee answered, “I get to act opposite an actor with the biggest age difference. I think it is something to be proud of.”

kim-tae-hee-jang-ok-jung3.jpg
©Soompi.com

Okay, I'm super-confused again.  As the child of a slave mother, Ok Jung belongs to the mother's owner, right? But then why is it her uncle could try to claim her?
And if he could claim her, why wouldn't he simply then come take her? Why leave her at the sewing school?

tulip06 said: Okay, I'm super-confused again.  As the child of a slave mother, Ok Jung belongs to the mother's owner, right? But then why is it her uncle could try to claim her?
And if he could claim her, why wouldn't he simply then come take her? Why leave her at the sewing school?

Guest ychase007

I am really enjoying this drama thus far. Its a fresh new perspective - witnessing how historically JOK later Queen Consort "evil 606" - bee with an itch for those that don't know 90's beeper codes lol-  Could have had a good nature. History is whatever people wanted to pencil in as the truth and watching so many k-drama (sagueks in particular) re-writing history was never the issue. So why couldn't it have been that she was a good person who later did something shameful. It doesn't make her a complete rotten apple just a person that made a poor choice.

It really humanizes the caricature that history depicts otherwise.

I love being transported back in time to view that even though language changes, human instinct is still as old as Adam and Eve.  Can't wait to see how this drama unfolds, I am so on board.

I've been wondering about the mysterious figure of Lee Soon's younger sister, Princess Myeongan (Myeongang gongju) played by Ah Young. According to history, she was the youngest child of King Hyeonjong but we still don't know in which episode she is slated to make her appearance (maybe in the 3rd), however, even now I have the feeling we can expect some cute big-brother-little-sister moments  :x . It will be curious to watch which side she is going to choose in the threesome struggle for LS's attention and affection :-/ .
Jang_Ok-Jung_-_Korean_Drama-Ah_Young.jpg

Another thing is, that we really don't know the actual year the story takes place and from my research it's going to stay that way as the writer will be using her creative licence and the events won't be chronologically precise. But still I've decided to play little Sherlock here  :-B ;;) - I expect that when the drama ends in June I'll be an expert on the political power struggle at the Joseon royal court in the 17th and 18th century :D 
The hard facts mixed with my outraged and wishful thoughts:

• [*]
LS's father, King Hyeonjong died in 1675. He was only 34 years old[*]Lee Soon, the future King Sukjong (1661 - 1720) succeeded the throne at the age of 14.In 1680 his first Queen Consort Queen Ingyeong died of pox.1681 the 14 years old Inhyeon married Sukjong to become his 2nd Queen Consort.1686 Sukjong makes Jang Ok Jung his concubine.Let's take a look at the ages of the 4 main characters of the love square in 1686: Sukjong (25), Jang Ok Jung (27), InHyun (19), Dong Yi (6  @-) /:) )JOJ gave birth to the royal heir in 1688 and the king wanted to elavate her status, however, it lead to factional dispute between Norons (QIH) and Sorons (JOJ) resulting in many deaths. This is called Gisa hwangguk (기사환국). In the same year, QIH had been deposed and she together with her faction were exiled by the king and JOJ became his third Queen Consort. I wouldn't protest if the writer ended the drama like this with LS and JOJ having their happily ever after, spending their time together and for the rest of the story let some other station shoot its own series. But since we've already seen Dong Yi it looks like everything will inevitably go down the drain in 1694 after five years of happiness  - they could even start to call the series the marriage of the damned. Apparently the sly and treacherous b**ch Dong Yi will be in cahoots with QIH to achieve her social climbing ambitions X( . In 1694 JOJ'd been demoted back to concubine and QIH was re-instated.The end of all hopes came in 1701 when QIH died childless of unknown causes and JOJ was said to be found by Sukjong in her chambers cursing QIH'S effigy, praying for her death and after that she was sentenced by him to death by poisoning! And it all began so innocently - a chaste kiss in a henhouse and taking measurements for his clothing :(( !!!All it takes is a good conspiracy and not even being one of the most beautiful women in Joseon Dynasty won't save you from untimely death 8-X .

Archived