[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

i just finished episode 13tumblr_inline_mk3pi9wtZv1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mjmxiuh0Dr1qz4rgp.gif

my heart is breaking for OS right now. it's probably because, as the audience, we know how OS matured as a person. we witnessed him grow from some conman who did everything to live to someone who could give up his life for the woman he loves. that's why it breaks my heart seeing OS being misunderstood and having his true feelings doubted. my heart's also aching for OY, she has every right to be mad at everyone. the one person who she finally trusted and opened herself to lied to her about who he really was. i completely understand why she's so angry, but this shouldn't be the reason why she doesn't want to get surgery anymore. i WISH she would get the surgery for herself, because she wants to live. 
when OY recorded the video to tell OS that she knew everything, i thought to myself... if he sees this video in this episode, then that means there's a high chance that she'll survive. if he doesn't, then this might be used for him to see after her death since it's like a message to him. i was so glad he watched the video soon after she recorded it. it's just making me have more faith that they'll make it through all of this and finally be able to live happily together. part of this thinking process is probably due to my delusional self though 
i loved how there was so much meaning behind what OS said when OY told him she thought he was going to turn around when they reached the closed roads. "We already started, it's too late to turn around" - sure, he tells her that about their trip... but, to me, that perfectly depicts their love. they already love each other, and there's just no point of return... there's nothing they can do to reverse those feelings because, like he said, it's too late to turn around. those feelings can't simply go away because they've already started loving each other. i just thought that was a really beautiful line and metaphor for their journey as a couple.
the last scenes were my favorite out of the episode. it was so cute seeing OS give a smile of relief after finding out that OY was just in the room and not missing. i love the conversation they had. the casualness of it, yet all the meaning and intensity behind it. it was a lot to handle. strangely enough, it was the first time where they were really able to ask about each other lives. i guess it's not so strange since they weren't able to ask each other these questions because it was expected for OS to remember these memories... and, so, he couldn't ask her. it probably took a lot for OY to be able to ask OS what his goals were as a kid so casually. what i loved was how OS answered for himself, acknowledging that he knew she knew. it was a really nice, yet heartbreaking transition. i really expected or thought OY didn't want to hear any excuses, but she wanted to hear him say how his life was tougher than hers.... that really surprised me for some reason. i guess i'm just so used to the whole "there are no excuses for anything" theme in kdramas, so it was actually kinda refreshing... even though i thought it might have touched her to hear him admit that he did hurt her and there was no excuse for it. 

for the first time, the kiss was not cut off! kudos to the director! really, he surprised me... i expected it to be a cliffhanger, so a huge round of applause to him =D> i'm not so sure what to think of the kiss, though, honestly. it was like a "I'm so sorry, but I love you" goodbye kiss (for all you VIPs, i couldn't think of how else to describe it so the BB - Lie reference was not intentional lol). what i loved most about it was how OY kissed him back... she couldn't fight it and just gave in to her feelings. it was a kiss full of pain though, but i hope that was enough to make OY realize that OS really did love her. 
and, boy, do i have to say that i am really thankful for the slow-mo version of the kiss! it looks way more passionate in slow-mo :)) i really hope O2 can have a real, passionate kiss before the drama ends. please, please, please writer-nim & pd-nim! [-O<

hai, im new here..i ve been reading this thread almost a month now as a SR, i ve gain a lot of information n details about this drama n the making of thanks to all you.:-* :-* ..im just starting to watch  k drama and it becomes an obsession of mine lately..i literally cant stop watching kdrama ..before this my obsession was only for j drama (been watching it since i was a kid) and how i have miss  knowing JIS and SHK before but certainly am fortunate to know them when they are on the top of acting career with their oh sooo perfect faces n maturity showing in the acting..hopefully in the near future we can share our insight n love for this couple n their future project!!

Guest OreoVampire

If TWTWB going to end soon, but I hope, we still can be here for another sequel. TWTWB2, JIS&SHK the husband and wife :)) :)) we could have more than that, jis, gif, kiss, babies :)) . Thank You all ^:)^

superos_wedding2.jpg

Just wanna share this review by the Vault...It's good to read different views, i might not be able to see what 's the problem all the close-up could bring to the show though i understand what the blogger was trying to tell and at times i thot there were too much close-up too, but I thot i still could feel the story and everything behind it...but i think the blogger has a good point for what he is saying. Anyway, don't feel sad if it doesn't feel like what you want to hear cos everyone has different view points, we are here to have an open discussion....so cheers!

http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/%EA%B7%B8%EA%B2%A8%EC%9A%B8-%EB%B0%94%EB%9E%8C%EC%9D%B4-%EB%B6%84%EB%8B%A4-that-winter-the-wind-blows-ep-613-review/

Ididn't feel angry or sad when i read that review..i just feel it's a mess review in a strang way... And it seems that blogger was not in good mood when he was writting that review. I wonder what drama is his/her favourit She gave the acting is 68? Is she/he serious? no offense to Nice guys since i'm also a big fan of that show but that blogger gave Nice guys rating at 77 over That winter (60), so does the acting. I can't take it

Guest OreoVampire

I thought I will always admire Superman, as my hero. But when Oh Soo came, I know that he is The One, SuperSoo for me and always awesome & hot in that "Red Hot Pants" (I know he bought it at LOEL, during SG shooting last year) \m/ :D .. kim suhanmoo kobugiwadurumi.. oppss SHK-ah, pls forgive me for my miss behavior. SHK rawkksss \m/
superos-wedding.jpg

mrsrosan80 said: hai, im new here..i ve been reading this thread almost a month now as a SR, i ve gain a lot of information n details about this drama n the making of thanks to all you.:-* :-* ..im just starting to watch  k drama and it becomes an obsession of mine lately..i literally cant stop watching kdrama ..before this my obsession was only for j drama (been watching it since i was a kid) and how i have miss  knowing JIS and SHK before but certainly am fortunate to know them when they are on the top of acting career with their oh sooo perfect faces n maturity showing in the acting..hopefully in the near future we can share our insight n love for this couple n their future project!!

verona said: Ididn't feel angry or sad when i read that review..i just feel it's a mess review in a strang way... And it seems that blogger was not in good mood when he was writting that review. I wonder what drama is his/her favourit She gave the acting is 68? Is she/he serious? no offense to Nice guys since i'm also a big fan of that show but that blogger gave Nice guys rating at 77 over That winter (60), so does the acting. I can't take it

Guest kikay14

@utkim thank you for the link.  That is an interesting review if I may say.  I tried to read the blogger's reviews when it was posted here before.  I admire his/her writing skills and the many informative reviews he/she made.  But you see, we, as individuals have different views, interpretations in a certain subject.  While we all rave about TWTWB, some people dislike it and prefer other shows.  It's okay for "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".  
This is just my opinion and it may differ others, no intention to hurt other's feelings.  
1.  I think I posted this already and pointed out that the problem I had in this show was the directing because, sometimes, it's really like we are watching a CF.  But Ms Lyra posted a very interesting perspective about the style of the directing.  I rewatched the episodes with an open mind, then I saw what Ms. Lyra is pointing out, then I turn to like it also.  There are some details that I want to nitpick most especially in the latter episodes, but I said it already in my previous posts that I'm accepting all the things that this show will give me.  
2.    I started to watch this show with low expectations of SHK' acting,  so I was really surprised at her acting here and I already raved about her in my previous posts that she is really doing a great job and I become a fan.  I just don't know but whenever she is on screen, I feel like I'm in a trance or something hihi.  She is perfectly fitted for OY's role.
3.  I rave about JIS cause I saw his movies and he really impressed me, so I have a high expectation towards his acting.  At first, I'm just satisfied because I feel there are sometimes a little over-acting on his part on the first 3 episodes and I know he can do it better but when i rewatched, I think there is a need for the little over-acting there, it's a part of his characterization and he's more and more amazing as the show goes by and I can say that he is owning the OS character.  I see him as OS now, not Byung Doo nor Hong Lim.  He is doing a great job as well.
4.  For the minor characters, no complain at all, they are doing a good job too.
5.  NHK, I totally admire her and I know where she is going here because I am familiar with the jdrama, but sometimes, it leaves me feeling cold/or unsatisfied (?) but again, rewatching this show makes me rethink and then realize, "Oh, I see now what the writer is trying to convey".  I'm really at awe at her style.  She is a great writer.

All in all, I'm in love with this drama even if it's flawed.  This will not be everybody's cup of tea and the style is different from other shows but for me, this is one that I will treasure.  There are so many life's lessons here to ponder.   If there are points I don't quite understand, I'll REWATCH the episodes and I totally get it and become more and more inlove with the show.  so my advice is.....REWATCHING makes the difference.
Edit:  I think the blogger wants some realism to be able to feel the characters and the story, but I feel the show really intended to give us a detached storytelling because truthfully the story is so, so dark that will make a viewer uncomfortable (just like in the jdrama).  I just wish there are certain scenes that the director will not use close-ups because there is no need for it.
.  This is a drama that you really need to decipher to understand the characters and their motives and I think it's a gem.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8716/20130322/winter-wind-blows-jo-sungs-heartbreaking-best-7-scenes.htm

"That Winter, The Wind Blows" Jo In Sung's Heartbreaking "Best of the Best" 7 Scenes

by Staff Writer, Mar 22, 2013 11:00 AM EDT

thatwinterthewindblowsj.jpg
(Photo : SBS) "That Winter, The Wind Blows" Jo In Sung's Heartbreaking "Best of the Best" 7 Scenes

"That Winter, The Wind Blows" 7 best scenes of Jo In Sung have been chosen.

The SBS drama "That Winter, The Wind Blows" that is breaking countless hearts all over the nation features one unforgettable actor who is the cause of all the heart-breaking. Jo In Sung's most heartbreaking scenes are drawing attention.

1. Beginning of Oh Soo's Action

Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) and Jo Moo Cheol's first encounter after the death of Oh Soo's ex-girlfriend. After being framed by Jin So Ra, Oh Soo owes $7.8 million and if he does not come up with the money in time, he will be killed. Jo Moo Cheol tells Oh Soo, "I'll give you 100 days" and stabs him in the stomach. The surprising outcome of the scene shocked viewers and created tension, foreshadowing a lot of action scenes in the future.

2. "I want to live because I'm alive"

When the little sister of Oh Soo's dead ex-girlfriend tells him he does not deserve to live, he tells her, "Should there be a glamorous reason for why you should be alive? Even if I don't have a reason to live, I live because I open my eyes in the morning and I live because I'm breathing... Do I not have a right to live since I have no purpose in life?" Viewers were touched by Oh Soo's desire for life. Oh Soo then adds, "I want to live because I'm alive."

3. Fury that Brought Tears to Our Eyes

Oh Soo visits his ex-girlfriend's grave in one scene. Oh Soo thinks of his first love and his child inside of her stomach at the time of her death. Oh Soo cries hysterically thinking of his guilt for pushing her away when she needed him the most. Jo In Sung was praised for this scene that broke everybody's heart with his acting.

4. Passionate Tears of Oh Soo's Quiet Crying Scene

When Oh Soo describes his past to Oh Young who is curious about the life of her brother who was missing for over 20 years, he can't help but break down. Even though Oh Soo explains his life story full of painful sins he committed, Oh Young's warm sympathy comforts him and heals all of his scars. Oh Soo begins to cry but tries his best to remain quiet so that Oh Young doesn't find out. His hands are shaking from trying to keep quiet. Jo In Sung's detailed acting brought tears to our eyes.

5. Oh Soo's Monologue

Oh Soo becomes confused with a mix of different emotions when he receives a handmade cake and a bracelet from Oh Young. Oh Soo begins to feel guilty and comes to the realization of his loving emotions for her. Jo In Sung flawlessly portrays Oh Soo's confused state of mind and allows the viewers to connect with the character more effectively.

6. "I'm Going to Protect My Little Sister"

When Oh Young gets captured by a group of gangsters while she tries to find Jo Moo Cheol, Oh Soo fights them off in order to save her. Jo In Sung's powerful acting resembled a scene from an action movie and began to be referred to as the "best 1 minute".

7. "I'll Come Back Tomorrow. I'll Come Back Again the Day After."

When Oh Soo begins to believe Dr. Jo, Jo Moo Cheol's older sister, is the only person who could successfully perform surgery on Oh Young, he begs Jo Moo Cheol for help. Oh Soo throws away his pride and gets on his knees to beg. Oh Soo begins to cry hysterically while begging, "I'll come back tomorrow. I'll come back again the day after" and even tells him that he will die if Jo Moo Cheol agrees to help Oh Young. Everybody who saw this scene was crying with him, touched by his love and willingness to sacrifice his own life in order to save Oh Young.

kikay14, ah, you said it so well...and true, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" . This drama is indeed a rare gem :x .

Thai celebrity also watch the show, she is in love with the drama as we do hehe. this is the pic she tweeted.
241f95cad1c8a7866721740.jpg
baidu

O2
layout2013321.jpg
dc