[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Btw, I'm totally fine if Sora die. ;) I don't care when or where or how. Lolz. =)) She's so desperate, but who isn't. :-*  It's smexy Oh Soo we're talking about here! Anyways, she's getting on my last nerve! Maybe she needs to get locked up in jail (and forever still isn't long enough!) :)) while Oh Soo is out having fun with his pretty little "sister." O:-)

Guest jjsweeter0211

tessieroo said:
@jjsweeter0211 - Where is that first pic of JIS from? The one where he's crying? I need a hug too after watching some of those MV's. :((

Hey Everyone, This is random, and was wondering since a few days if I should post this. Mainly,because its so foolish and childish? i dont know. I recently was in the market for a new comforter. And guess, what I got? Yup, the same one that youngie has. ;) only in green, which matches with my room decor. At first, I was like naa, I won't buy it. BUt, that was the only onei liked and that matched well with my curtain and other accessories in my room. And it was on sale and I was like, yup for a year or two this should be good. So I bought it. It's very soft and comfortable. And I AM SANE ENOUGHT, To REALIZE THAT JIS OR SHK will NOT JOIN ME. LOL Link for others - http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-bedding-grand-isle-comforter-sets?ID=629370&CategoryID=7502#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D426%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D23

Guest monkie2804

I did not know Jo In Sung was a bad actor with pretty face in the past as What Happened In Bali came out when I already got tired of watching Korean melodramas. While I'd always known of the name Jo In Sung in various articles where some idol girl groups call him their ideal type etc., I only came to know about JIS and what he looks like since A frozen Flower, then A Dirty Carnival and now TWTWB, so I thought he had always been respected as a handsome actor who can act. 
Anyway, I'm really glad he took on this role in That winter and prove his talent again. Even though That winter may not be a rating killer, it seems to have given the main cast a bigger success in their professional career as an actor. Now they are widely recognised as capable actor/actress and this would mean much more than a 30% rating drama. I've seen a lot of dramas that got really good ratings, but when I tried to watch them, I just kept wondering why fans of these dramas even have the gut to call those actors/actresses good. I have dropped many dramas due to bad acting e.g. BOF, Heartstring, playful kiss, most of other idol dramas - couldn't past the first episode; My princess - I think Song Seung Hun and Kim Tae Hee are at the same position as Jo In Sung pre Dirty Carnival; Nice guy - I know most people would disagree with me on this one, but IMO honestly the acting in their first ep was lacking especially from the two main actresses, I stopped after that first ep so i couldn't see their improvement later. Some other dramas I still liked and followed but only for the interesting story and the male lead (Secret Garden) or the female lead (My gf is gumiho), the other half of the main lead failed to impress.
And it's not the case here. I still remembered when I first started watching That winter, right on the first episode, I just kept commenting on how good JIS and SHK were, esp JIS because SHK did  not have many scenes in that episode. I like these two so much that I just can't imagine anyone else playing OS and OY.
As for the article about Kim Tae Hee and SHK, I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this way about Kim Tae Hee's acting. She's not horrible and she's definitely beautiful, but I completely agree with the article that she can't transfer her beauty to the drama. I think she's better suited as a CF actress because it's usually short and use a lot of technology to enhance and emphasize beauty, that's where her sharp beautiful features shine the most. In CFs, I think she looks better than SHK. But when I watched her dramas (sth Havard, My princess, Iris), I just found out that she somehow looks less pretty the more you watch. It's really weird because I don't think her acting is THAT bad at all, she's mediocre just like a bundle of other actresses, but her angelic look was supposed to make up for it, it just somehow didn't.
Edit: I've just watched that infamous JIS cry in WHIB for the first time, and..................yes it was embarrassing LOL 

Guest kdramafanusa

Regarding the article on JIS, I disagree that his looks brought him to where he is now. He was awesome in movie A Dirty Carnival (2006); while waiting for Wednesday, you can check it out. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om6FtToWflY

He received a lot of acclaim for it, this is one of the awards he won for his performance.

He received the award from Hwang Jung-min (incredible actor)!

I admit he's not Hwang Jung-min in terms of acting. But He did 'What happened In Bali' when he was only 22 and 'A Dirty Carnival' when he's less than 25, I believe he has time to continue to grow as an actor especially now that he's back on the screen after a 5-year hiatus.  In a recent interview with Cine21, he said that (if things go as planned) he will meet viewers in a work every year.

Edit: I put some of the above comments & links in spoilers, but they still show up.

=====================================================

http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=2207

Song Hye gyo vs Kim Haneul vs Yoon Eun hye Lipstick war is on

zg3tjdujfh922953trtidhc.jpg

[by Park Jin-jin / translated by Joy Kim] Spring is near and pink color is favored by people. From neon pink to nude pink there are various types of pinks. For the choice, people look up to celebrities’ choices. 
Actress Song Hye-gyo came back to drama scenes in five years, Kim Haneul proved her class in SBS Gentlemen’s dignity and Yoon Eun hye became style icon from the drama MBC I Miss You. They all have one common factor; they all became issue for their makeup in drama, especially with their lip makeup with pink lipstick. 
Why not go for pink lips for 2013 spring? Here are some tips for 2013 spring lip makeup.

Song Hye-gyo’s pure nude pink lip stick

f11p5ly0sx2kwwdfdwng5p9.jpg

After airing the first episode of her new drama, people were buzzing about her makeup. Her character is blind but she still does her own makeup using finger tips and her nude pink lipstick became an issue.  
Nude pink color looked gorgeous on Song Hye-gyo’s spotless skin with bright complexion. Because she can’t see herself, she uses her finger under her lip and applies lipstick. 
For the scene, she used ‘Silk Intense Lipstick Beige Chiffon’ from Laneige. The lipstick became an instant hit after the episode.

Write: 2013-03-15 14:40:34 / Update: 2013-03-18 11:10:03

For me, Kim Tae Hee and SHK are incomparable...

I don't know, I never like KTH as much as SHK, maybe because the first time I saw KTH in her movie Stairway to Heaven where she became so mean and I really hate her especially her mean eyes... haha...
(no offense for KTH's fans here)

Guest LevyDao

Lovess. said:

Question:

[size=4]Can someone tell me the title of the music piece that played at the end of Episode 11 when Oh Soo leaned in to kiss Oh Young?[/size]

Guest spideysteve

@sunshine4ever@spideysteve, yep, you know I was thinking the witch was always so obsessive of her youth so she kept Rapunzel. Same as what SW did to OY. Now that you brought the captures into my mind this even resembles it more. 

from watching the press conference and interviews, it seems like JIS felt a lot of pressure with this project since people kept on labeling it as his comeback performance. poor baby, he was scared that people would be left disappointed if they expected too much... JIS should be so proud of himself! he made me a fan with this drama, i feel ashamed that i didn't know about him sooner. seriously, his acting is excellent. among all the korean actors i've seen, i can say that JIS is one of the best, if not the best, at carrying out emotional scenes. his facial expressions kill me. he's so good at crying and when i see the tears falling from his face, it's game over for me... i can't help but cry my eyes out. what makes him such an amazing actor is that you can't help but have your mood reflect his. i noticed that when i'm watching the drama... when he laughs or smile, i laugh and smile. when he cries, i cry. he's really that great. standing ovation for JIS, he deserves all the year end awards (along with SHK, the writer, the director, and the whole drama)! i hope he realizes that he's doing a phenomenal job so he should feel relieved and proud of himself. he totally won me over in this drama with his perfection. his manners, his looks, his humor, his acting. i am not worthy ^:)^ LOL

That Winter Jo In Sung Helps Song Hye Kyo to her Feet, ‘Thoughtful’
download2.jpeg

[My Daily = Reporter Jeon Hyung Jin] Actor Jo In Sung has been captured showing care and consideration for Song Hye Kyo.

The SBS Tuesday-Wednesday drama, That Winter, The Wind Blows published a behind-the0=-scenes video on their official site.

The unveiled video, which was from episode 9 of That Winter that aired last week on March 7th, featured the scene where Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) is looking for Oh Young (Song Hye Kyo), who is danger. Oh Young confronts Oh Soo about the pill he gave her after realizing it was actually a pill used to euthanize animals. She angrily tells him, “Why can’t you just kill me?”

In the process, Song Hye Kyo sobs as she sits on the floor, and as soon as “Cut” is signaled, Jo In Sung helps Song Hye Kyo to her feet and asks staff members for a jacket. Even after filming has ended, Jo In Sung is seen showing care and consideration to his co-star actress.

At the recent press conference for That Winter, Song Hye Kyo complimented Jo In Sung by stating, “Our drama has many emotional scenes and with the emotions being so heavy it makes for a lot of difficult times, but every time, Jo In Sung sshi is there waiting for me, and even when it is tiring, he always matches my pace, and for that I am grateful. When we film emotional scenes, everyone becomes down, but when we film the bright scenes, In Sung sshi makes the atmosphere of the set brighter. Since I do not have that kind of personality, it makes me more thankful.”

Netizens reacted by making such comments as, “Even Jo In Sung has fallen for Song Hye Kyo’s charms,” “With that kind consideration, everyone would fall in love,” and “They look really good together.”

(Reporter Jeon Hyung Jin hjjeon@mydaily.co.kr)

Source: My Daily via Naver
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

agree with all the comments ;) with a guy who's that handsome and such a gentleman like that, and with a girl who's so gorgeous and sweet... how can they NOT fall in love with each other? they're both single, they shouldn't be able to resist each other. i hope they promote this drama overseas after it ends in korea so they can spend more time together lol ;))