[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

Jo In Sung & Song Hye Kyo's Interviews Translation by Softy http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com

2vdfkwh.jpg

There is one more 5 min 25sec youtube link I found that had an interview with these two right after their poster shoot. they each talked about their characters, but there was some extra info that didn’t come out on the previous 37 min video so I am including it here with a screencap of them laughing about the stress they feel.

SHK: after meeting a man name Oh Soo this character is finding hope.

JIS: being able to film with a great actress is a big honor and good luck/fortune. the dramas that Hye Kyo shi came out on did really well so next to her I am continuing to find energy/strength in that and filming. since SHK shi is coming out on it – look forward to it a lot more.

SHK: I was always expecting to meet up with JIS shi on some project, but we met up later than I thought.  we could have meet sooner. more than in the past now that we have both matured we are able to act together on a project -it’s an honor and I am having fun doing it. (starting from here you can hear JIS laughing) I am also grateful every day. I am so happy. since it’s hard -as a human being I do get a lot of stress. (they both laugh) actors who havent done this project -they wont know our stress. still – after we finish each scene – we can feel the improvement so I am working hard with In Sung shi.

Another interview for some entertaiment show -the video link has been posted in comments:

w8qo21.jpg

at the press conference Kim Bum was so cute blowing a kiss. I wish more actors did stuff like that. he looked confident, self assured, and so happy like his character.

JIS says how he was always on set – even up to when he went to the army. “I will greet you through this project”

SHK: cuz I met such great actors (JIS points to himself so reporters laugh) JIS shi, Kim Bum shi, (she lists the others) cuz we can all act together like this it’s an honor. we are having fun filming please look forward to it a lot. the narrator says they started acting around the same time and they are friends who are the same age. after debuting this is their first time matching their chemistry on a drama.

(for this next part they cut and edited the video from the original so even though she says the same thing on the longer 37 min video her words were switched around – you can notice where they cut the video and inserted a different line)

SHK: since he is someone who is good looking and acts really well, I felt relieved cuz I can lean on him (count on him)- that’s what I felt first.

JIS: being able to film with a such a good actress – as an actor there is no way it’s not a big honor and something that makes me feel good. from my position, to speak honestly – i thought I just need to do well (cuz she is going to do a great job). when I couldn’t figure things out- watching how Hye Kyo shi acts and listening to the lines/dialogue and in that moment there were a lot of times it helped me figure things out. so that’s why I am so grateful and from here on too please take good care of me. he says that last part to her so she smiles and bows to him.

as JIS walks over to do the interview he is asked how he feels. JIS: cuz it’s been a long time since I’ve done this – I feel nervous and it’s fun.

both of them get ready for the interview and check their hair, makeup, and clothes.  SHK is ready when JIS asks for a mirror. she looks over at him and starts to laugh.  JIS: it could really come out.

Q: for both of you – it’s been a long time since you two came back to dramas so you must have struggled a lot to choose.

(*in their answers, the director and writer/scriptwriter’s names came out, but I dont know how to spell their names so I left them out)

SHK: the writing/dialogue was really really good and as many people know the director’s cinematography is really impressive -  i was drawn by those things a lot. there was no reason not to do it.

JIS: the greed to portray a character like this – I thought I could do well and wanted to challenge myself so I ended up doing this project. since I get to work with the writer/scriptwriter and director -without any concerns, i chose this project.

Q: you have the role of a blind person -wasn’t that difficult to act?

before she can answer JIS replies “it’s hard”

she says how she went and met many blind people, talked to them a lot, and studied a lot. (same answer as translated above in the other video) and that there wasnt a big difference between blind people and people with sight.

The guy asks about the online photos on their height difference.

SHK: just cuz they cant see that they cant do anything -that’s the wrong way to think. when Oh Young wears heels, it’s always when there is someone next to her guiding her.  when she goes out alone, she wears safe shoes.

JIS jokes: today her guide is here next to her so she wore heels.

Question is about the set

SHK: the mood on our set is really great. cuz JIS shi is our mood maker (JIS grins) so we laugh a lot – the staff too.

Q: how does he make you laugh?

SHK: JIS shi has a certain humor. cant make us laugh here (as in he cant show us here)

JIS: cuz it can get heavy – if the film set mood is bright, it can be more effective so i make it comfortable and fun – for it to be light hearted.

the guy says both of them cry too much if you look at their projects. it shows clips of JIS and SHK crying in dramas I never saw before.

the rest of the video cuts off. I’m sure there was a part about them saying goodbye and hoping we will watch their drama

*JIS’s stylist says the length of his legs are 15 cm longer than the average male (so like 6 inches). The suits and coats that were customed made for his length are the blue double breasted suit in the first episode, the burgundy suit he wore when he first met Young (and read her letter to her), the blue coat he wore when he first went to the house,  and the maroon coat he wore at the department store. Oh Soo’s fashion point is his suspenders. He wore a variety of them so far. anyone can buy them – they cost around $58.

Taken from: http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/that-winter-the-wind-blows-e9/#more-33281

Guest smokegetsinyoureyes

sunshine4ever said: @utkim and @smokegetsinyoureyes, thanks so much for trying to explain to me. I really wanted to know if she really wanted to die for real and that she wasn't just joking around with him about killing her so that he can get her money.  I mean she did want to die for real? The pill is for her to die? In the beginning of episode 9, did she want to die or did she just want the pain to go away? I know why she's angry/mad/hurt when she found out that he was tricking her with the pill, but I wanted to know if she really desired to die for real. If anyone could please tell me for sure what's OY's motivation is I'd appreciate very much.

EDIT: Maybe I should rewatch episode 8-9 first before jumping to anything, but I hope you won't get mad at me for reasking again because my question was vague and confusing before. I just really wanted to know if she couldn't stand living with her pain anymore so she wanted to die using the pill in episode 9.

thanks for putting the translate of that interview @sunshine4ever. i'm always curious with what they said, since they seemed really comfortable each other during the interview.
btw, just a random spazz here, i dont know, it just me or, i love the tone of OS (or maybe JIS here? hehe..) voice when he put the scarf on OY's neck when they were about to go  to the mountain...it's soo...warm
:x

Guest sunshine4ever

@sukma_shinhye, I like his tone when he came into her room and asked her to do the surgery and then she kicked him out. At that scene he was super awkward, haha, but he even dared to kiss her.

@tessieroo,

I am not too sure myself; however, according to what I know DramaBeans were requested to take off the screen captures for 7 Level Civic Servant. So I'm not sure what's the deal is for our forum. I hope Soomp will make it clear or make an announcement soon.

smokegetsinyoureyes said: sunshine4ever said: @utkim and @smokegetsinyoureyes, thanks so much for trying to explain to me. I really wanted to know if she really wanted to die for real and that she wasn't just joking around with him about killing her so that he can get her money.  I mean she did want to die for real? The pill is for her to die? In the beginning of episode 9, did she want to die or did she just want the pain to go away? I know why she's angry/mad/hurt when she found out that he was tricking her with the pill, but I wanted to know if she really desired to die for real. If anyone could please tell me for sure what's OY's motivation is I'd appreciate very much.

EDIT: Maybe I should rewatch episode 8-9 first before jumping to anything, but I hope you won't get mad at me for reasking again because my question was vague and confusing before. I just really wanted to know if she couldn't stand living with her pain anymore so she wanted to die using the pill in episode 9.

sunshine4ever said: @sukma_shinhye, I like his tone when he came into her room and asked her to do the surgery and then she kicked him out. At that scene he was super awkward, haha, but he even dared to kiss her.

@tessieroo,

I am not too sure myself; however, according to what I know DramaBeans were requested to take off the screen captures for 7 Level Civic Servant. So I'm not sure what's the deal is for our forum. I hope Soomp will make it clear or make an announcement soon.

I liked the tone of his voice when he whispered "slowly, slowly" in her ear as they were cutting the cherries. *kekekeke* The hair on my arms even stood up.  =)) VERY smexy. 
tumblr_mh3mdbjCh31rn7wkmo1_400.gif

@sunshine4ever - 

Thanks hon. I knew about Dramabeans and the L7CS stuff and I also know it was DramaFever who filed the complaint (about screen cap

pictures? REALLY?) So I'm wondering if they're now complaining about the photos posted in drama threads or if it's something else. Thanks. I guess we'll find out eventually - least I hope so.

hi all, newcomer here  who just spent one entire night to watch all 9 episodes because it's too addict !!
perfect drama !! i just worry about the ending. When i first heard the title, it's heard so sad. I just hope this one will be not an' endless love' part 2 or even 'stairway to heaven'. Why Oh Soo kept saying "even if i am not here , the wind will keep on blowing ..."
Oh WRITER !!!!, please NO ONE dies !!!!

Omg... I just finished reading all 30 pages all your posts in two days here.. While I'm in holiday... Hahaha..
I'm so happy with all the spoiled post of High Cut magazine.. They are so yumm yummm together.. So happy that they're enjoying the making.. 
When i watch ep 9.. I'm wonering why Young so mad at this handsome supposed to be fake oppa that it turns out an oppa that you can date? Especially after those yumm yummm happy moment at ep 8.. Why? Why, Youngie ahh? Why.. I cant understand her at all.. But then after I read Softy recap.. I understand now.. Omo... How can i survive to watch the 10th ep? That's definitely will be a heartbreak episode ever! Hiks... Hiks... Hiks...
This week's waiting killing me... 

Guest diamond2212

this answer is cute LMAO

SHK: just cuz they cant see that they cant do anything -that’s the wrong way to think. when Oh Young wears heels, it’s always when there is someone next to her guiding her.  when she goes out alone, she wears safe shoes.

JIS jokes: today her guide is here next to her so she wore heels.

JIS, since when u became her ''guide'' XD

Guest dunlop09

sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone,

So I'm rather confused with OY and the pill thing. So did OY got confused with its meanings? I thought she really wanted to just die, right? So how come some of us are still speculating that she thought it was a pill that helped her ease her pain? I think when she wanted to take the pill in episode 9, she honestly wanted to just die or am I wrong on this? Anybody want to please clear this up for me? I'm opened to all speculations and/or insights. Thanks so much in advance. Please note I actually watched episode 9 first before 8 and I haven't watched episode 8 again yet, but I did watch all OS & OY's scenes, so I'm not sure if I missed out on anything.

Guest kikay14

This thread is so awesome and moving fast!  I wish I could click all the awesome posts you shared in one button!  Btw, I copied Softy's observation/opinion about the BTS(red font) , I'm sorry but I'm having a little spazzing here...I can see JIS side glances towards SHK hihi.  I'm delusional, i know. And WOWed that JIS is the mood maker?  Didn't expect that.  Credits to http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/that-winter-the-wind-blows-e9/

1. I was working on this 37 min BTS translations from Good Morning and realized SHK and JIS speak in banmal most of the time to each other, but JIS speaks banmal to the director and staff too which is sort of unusual for a guy his age. But I think that’s the aegyo side of him coming out.

2. In past interviews and talk shows, I know for a fact that JIS is notorious
 for his use of aegyo. He puts even JW to shame in that department. JIS says the cheesiest things on the phone like when a hyung calls and asks where are you – he says something like “in your heart.” For some reason I think the army mellowed him cuz he isnt using that much aegyo in these BTS videos. he isn’t overly flirty with SHK either. they do speak banmal from time to time off camera, but when they are facing the camera directly they address each other using jondae. I have to admit I was really curious when SHK said that she knew one day she would end up working with JIS, but she thought it would have happened a lot sooner than now. I agree with her and think this is exactly the right project for them to work together so it’s good that they met up later when they were both in their early thirties. I think their combined experiences from working on dramas and movies during all that time helped them to become these characters better. It was just a matter of the right time and the right role that is making these two characters seem so credible at being in love.

3. I expected JIS would use banmal with his own staff and SHK cuz they are the same age, but now that he is in his 30s I didn’t think he would use banmal to the director. Knowing him I should have seen that coming cuz this guy is well known for using aegyo. He is always going to do this even when he gets old cuz it’s just who he is – a really fun guy. Plus this is the easiest way to make everyone feel comfortable around each other and lighten the mood on the set. I bet some directors even welcome this cuz they know it’s not a sign of disrespect in this case – it just proves the actor really likes the director wants to get close and chummy.

4. Other recent times I’ve heard actors in their early 30s speaking banmal to the director with similar personalities with JIS are Gong Yoo on Big set and LJK on Arang set. (But early on LJK did start off with jondae)

You have the correct definition of aegyo btw.

5.  Normally when actors get older (40s plus) they do tend to revert to using jondae more with directors – I haven’t seen an older actor speak banmal that much with their directors, but then again I haven’t watched that many bts of older actors cuz I have zero interest in them. Hmmm….maybe I should watch some bts of gentlemen’s dignity to see how they spoke to their director.

6.  I translated it cuz JIS is hilarious so you should thank him for having such a great sense of humor. They don’t call him the mood maker for nothing. :)
My opinion:  I never thought that JIS is a funny guy.  I find him snobbish and a little bit arrogant (because of his sophisticated looks).  It's enlightening to know that he is this fun to be with and now I adore him for being so adorkable.

monchoo said: hi chingus, just read an article from baidu that some Twtwb fans leaked out some scenes of ep 11 or 12. All scenes took place at the hospital. Fans said that Young will know that her real bro died and was angry with Soo that she didn't want to perform surgery. Soo was spotted outside the emergency room eyes brimming with tears as Young fainted. :(( Also, SW has some scenes with Soo. Fans reported that SW was reading a report and broke into tears. She has some kind of relations with Soo. @@ It was all unconfirmed infos. They were written by fans who actually followed the Twtwb crew to the hospitals to watched them filming :)) OMy goodness such a daebak spoiler! fans are really very resourceful! I can't wait for that, its almost the week now! yay! Im glad been busy that I couldn't count the days as approaching..
@tessieroo! dear I had the same problem too, this thread is moving really fast, and sometimes photos are taking so long to load,.,,, I also have problem on soompi but its ok now... 
my insights about the pill, I think OS explained in a nice manner way to OY, so I guess OY didn't get analyzed what he just said peacefully..and when she found out that its killing for animals, maybe she feels mocked in her self.

Agie said:

This is my most anticipated scene for episode 10...so heartbreaking, if the rest episode of TWTB turn good likely this drama will become my other all time favorite K-drama
280l5x4.gif

If writer Noh follow the ending of "Ai Nante Irane Yo Natsu", all of us no need to worry because we will have a happy ending, like this :
118hybs.png1y9xty.pngi1yxw6.png 1zq5vki.png

but if writer Noh decide that she want an alternative ending for OS and OY, I wont mind.  Usually, I dont like melodrama, but for writer Noh's drama I made an exception like Padam Padam and TWTB... and it turn I'm not disappointed with the ending writer Noh gave us in Padam Padam.Just for your information in Padam Padam, first writer Noh want to make the leading man died with cancer, but in the end she decide to give an alternative ending, an open ending for us.  It didn't show us the leading man died. But it show us how the couple happy just by appreciate each every day they spent together.
Writer Noh follow almost closely with the Japanese drama, but she made some character in TWTB a little bit different, like secretary Wang, Moo Chul and the fiance and to add more spice for TWTB, writer Noh gave us additional character that didnt exist in Japanese drama like So Ra.
What I really like with TWTB, until episode 9, I dont hate any character in it.  Everybody so grey, they are not black or white.  All of them have their own reason for what they did and the reason is believe able for me.
So, hopefully I could enjoy watching TWTB until the end, and curious what writer Noh and director Kim will bring to us for the last 7 episodes :)

@smokegetsinyoureyes, thanks so much for the answer. So I was not wrong to think she wanted to die. Keke. As long as I am rolling along because I just didn't want to get all confused. Maybe she had a strong feeling and/or she could not fight that feelings of wanting to die? Because she loved him so much already as his sister, but I think that will is not enough. But I'm glad now that she knows he isn't her brother anymore. Maybe this is where she'll be rescued because she'll fall in love with him like a woman. Because you can't be attached to your brother, but you will and can be attached to a man and that's one way for you to continue to live on. Okay, not trying to argue that a man's love is better than a brother's love here. LOL. But her brother can't take care of her for life...because he'll soon have to leave her...I think that was why she didn't desire to live on because she kept thinking that he'll be leaving her soon. So now she can change her perspectives of wanting to die because if Oh Soo isn't her brother and if he loves her then he'll never leave her and he'll take care of her. And her reasons for her to live is more valid, no? I hope it is going to come to that route. ^^

Guest sunshine4ever

@smokegetsinyoureyes, not too sure if you read what I wrote in prior page, but I had been speculating that she might have a long term depression which is very normal because she had lived like that for a long time. (in case you want to know what I wrote, please go here). I think she is living in the "winter" and is living in "darkness" until Oh Soo came and changed all of that in her. What do you know, but I think she is his reason for a meaningful life than just living because he also lived a cold life before he met her. At least for me I felt like he had changed so much inside and became a different person because of her. Gosh, to even think that he's so attached to her now. I just hope she'll live because I highly doubt he'll live a happy life if Oh Young will die just like Hee Joo died. He had attempted to kiss her twice, but he did not kiss her yet because he's changed inside. Okay, can't write much here until I actually watch episode 8 properly. Praying for time tomorrow to watch. :) (By the way when someone's having depression it is hard to fight by oneself. They need extra help. Anyway, just hope he won't leave her and that she'll forgive him for lying to her. But I think she cared about him a lot because when those thugs were trying to harm her, she really just wanted the phone because he called her.)

@forevergirl, thanks for the insights. That's just what I thought too when it said animal related. Ouch. That might hurt her pride also because she might think that he's thinking of her as an animal and/or less than human because of her blindness?

The thing with Youngie is that she's both blind and a brain tumor patient. *sighs* Poor soul. She's more than fragile, but I love that she's super smart and she's not the type that you can hurt. I like that she tricked Oh Soo to go into her room so that she can pick up the pieces from the pill to investigate. This woman is awesome. Just imagine if she wasn't locked up in that house and have her freedom, she'll rock the world even if she's blind.

sunshine4ever said: @smokegetsinyoureyes, not too sure if you read what I wrote in prior page, but I had been speculating that she might have a long term depression which is very normal because she had lived like that for a long time. I think she is living in the "winter" and is living in "darkness" until Oh Soo came and changed all of that in her. What do you know, but I think she is his reason for a meaningful life than just living because he also lived a cold life before he met her. At least for me I felt like he had changed so much inside and became a different person because of her. Gosh, to even think that he's so attached to her now. I just hope she'll live because I highly doubt he'll live a happy life if Oh Young will die just like Hee Joo died. He had attempted to kiss her twice, but he did not kiss her yet because he's changed inside. Okay, can't write much here until I actually watch episode 8 properly. Praying for time tomorrow to watch. :) (By the way when someone's having depression it is hard to fight by oneself. They need extra help. Anyway, just hope he won't leave her and that she'll forgive him for lying to her. But I think she cared about him a lot because when those thugs were trying to harm her, she really just wanted the phone because he called her.)

Guest sunshine4ever

@smokegetsinyoureyes, I don't want her to die because if she dies, he probably will not live a happy life and/or might die also. He's like really attached to her now. I really can't explain his feelings, but when I said he was cold I meant there is an emptiness in his heart before she came along. She fills that emptiness in his heart since the last time that Hee Joo died I think because every since then he wasn't in relationship with women for who they were, but for their money. He was after Oh Young for the same reasons, but he had always been in conflict. I think in episode 10 it'll become a lot clearer for him that he would rather die than to let her die. That pill that MC gave him is really for him to either die or to give it to Oh Young, but he had consistently been trying to either hide it or not wanting her to have it. If he doesn't want her dead, then that means he'll have to risk dying. So I don't know what's more, but I feel like 16 episodes is so short. I hope Ms. Noh will give us a good ending...good climax and good resolution. ^^

Guest yukitube

sunshine4ever said: The thing with Youngie is that she's both blind and a brain tumor patient. *sighs* Poor soul. She's more than fragile, but I love that she's super smart and she's not the type that you can