[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chansung in the Drama '7th Grade Civil Servant' Chip-Couple Still Cut shaking female hearts with a single chip

tumblr_mgn6bjM3UN1rt1g7so1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgnfxl879i1qc1nx1o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mgn7eulNYx1qc1nx1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgno6bBmWr1rk6k4jo1_500.jpg

@ JYPnation

Another photo for the cast

tumblr_mgm4sorN6S1rk6k4jo1_500.jpg

@ gongdoha

Twitter Update

MBC drama pd KIM JIHYUN : "L7CS" Filming site! A friendly two-shot of Seowon-Doha! @ CHOI GANGHEE  @ CHAN
Our Gillo, are you seeing this? It should make you feel a bit nervous Hee @ JOOWON

tumblr_mgpaqklYd31rk6k4jo1_500.jpg

JOOWON : @ KIM JIHYUN @ CHOI GANGHEE  @ CHAN You're so mean ㅠ

CHAN : @ JOOWON Kekeke Hurry up and come here~Keke!! The filming site is waiting for yew, Hyung I miss you Keke!

@ W2Dtranslations

I miss the two of you so much <33
stop being so cute <3

I think there is going to be a press conference because Chansung's fan union started
taking donations for Coal briquettes Wreath for the press conference

^^

Learning how to shoot and waltz, Joo Won transforms into a Special Agent

201301161336591_P-1_zpse54a84d9.jpg

Q: What are your thoughts, acting in 7 Level Civil Servant?

A: It’s my first time trying out a role like this. As an actor, this is a good opportunity to manifest yourself in various ways. In addition, to be able to work with an excellent production team and actors, I am looking forward to it.

Q: What do you think of Han Gilro?

A: He is someone who has so many sides to him and is a very charismatic person. Although, in daily life he seems simple and innocent like a child, but when it comes to love and pursuing his dreams, he is a real man.

Q: In what ways is this character like you and what are the differences?

A: Gilro believes firmly in his dream. He also hopes for innocent pure and sincere love. These are very similar to mine. The difference is that it seems like Gilro should experience more.

Q: In your previous works, you have proven to be a bona fide actor who possesses strong acting skills. In this drama, acting Han Gilro, do you have any areas which you would like to display?

A: This is my first time acting a character like Han Gilro, so lively, so crafty. I hope that this time, the viewers can feel : “So, even such a character like this, the actor Joo Won can play it so well”. So now I am focusing on how to bring out the charisma of Han Gilro.

Q: Up till the 4th episode, there has been a lot of action, car racing, shooting and waltz scenes etc. In order to play a character whose unique occupation is a NIS agent, did you have to make special preparations?

A: In order to portray a NIS special agent realistically, I have to specially learn to do the action, shooting, waltz and other scenes. But it’s not just Han Gilro the Special Agent, I also put in a lot of effort in Han Gilro the person

Q: Gil and Seo Won are NIS’s Special Agents. Although they love each other but as special agents, they have to guard themselves and there must be instances where they cannot truthfully express themselves. Do you think such love exists?

A: I feel that between 2 persons in love, the most important thing is trust. Honestly speaking, in real life, such a situation would have its difficulties. It is not that Gilro and Seo Won’s love is not real, it is the situation that does not allow the 2 of them to be frank with each other.

Q: How do you feel working with Choi Kang Hee?

A: Very good! Although I always felt this way, every production that I have acted in, I always have a good relationship with people I work with. I learnt many things from Kang Hee noona and Noona’s acting skills are excellent, so the filming is enjoyable. In any case, actress Chi Kang Hee is an excellent actress.

Q: You have filmed 4 episodes so far, I heard that the filming in XX had close to 3 weeks of actual intense training. Is there any interesting anecdotes?

A: During the 3 weeks, we filmed approximately 100 scenes, so it was quite grueling. But to be able to film and live with so many actors and the production team, I accumulated many feelings. It is a very special experience.

Q: What are the highlights of 7 Level Civil Servant?

A: Lively, cute romance and the touching story of the making of a special agent.

Q: What would you like to say to the viewers who are anticipating 7 Level Civil Servant?

A: The production team and the actors/actresses are battling the harsh winter with their passion and working very hard, they are in midst of filming happily. If viewers watch 7 Level Civil Servant, they too will feel very happy and blessed. In 2013, let’s laugh to our hearts’ content with 7 Level Civil Servant. I hope everyone will keep their eyes on this show and watch [7 Level Civil Servant]. I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Chinese translation: minidadalove on Joo Won Bar Baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, I was watching Missing You live today and I saw the preview. It looked awesome. I think it might be a different preview? Can't wait for this drama to airs. Ummm.....I hope we have the official site soon with posters and everything. The other dramas have them, so I don't know why we don't have them yet and yet this drama was planned a long time ago even before Joo Won did his Bridal Mask filming.

Twitter Update

MBC drama pd KIM JIHYUN   "L7CS" Filming site! Omo! In a blink of an eye, Doha is with another
young woman.. @ CHAN  @ KIM MINSEO Seowon should be nervous too. @ CHOI GANGHEE

tumblr_mgq229mHVg1rk6k4jo1_500.jpg

JOOWON  @ CHAN @ KIM JIHYUN  @ KIM MINSEO   Doha is a player

CHAN @ JOOWON   Doha is not a player  )-( !!!  Kekeke But look at all these evidences that fits into place...'ㅡ'.

@W2Dtranslations

hahah Joowon is teasing Chansung and Chan trying to defend himself but failing at the end lol <33
Chan and Minseo look good together ^^

@coolreborn

I don't know unfortunately >< but I have a feeling it will be this sunday maybe lol

Bati said:
Twitter Update

MBC drama pd KIM JIHYUN   "L7CS" Filming site! Omo! In a blink of an eye, Doha is with another
young woman.. @ CHAN  @ KIM MINSEO Seowon should be nervous too. @ CHOI GANGHEE

JOOWON  @ CHAN @ KIM JIHYUN  @ KIM MINSEO   Doha is a player

CHAN @ JOOWON   Doha is not a player  )-( !!!  Kekeke But look at all these evidences that fits into place...'ㅡ'.

@W2Dtranslations

hahah Joowon is teasing Chansung and Chan trying to defend himself but failing at the end lol <33
Chan and Minseo look good together ^^

@coolreborn

I don't know unfortunately >< but I have a feeling it will be this sunday maybe lol

Guest sunshine4ever

Websites to watch 7th Grade Civil Servant with English subs:

I am so excited to find that DramaFever will be subbing this drama. Yay!!! I'm a big fan of DramaFever subs. :D So I'm so glad that they will be translating this drama. Unfortunately only certain regions can view DramaFever's websites. Right now US and Canada can, but I think they are working to make their subs/videos available for other regions? Please check out the website for information.

DramaFever's English subs are slower than Viki's, but has very good and detailed subs:

https://www.dramafever.com/drama/3853/Level_7_Civil_Servant/

Generally, DramaFever gives you free subs, but you have to watch ads/commercials at beginning and/or in between of the episode. If you do not want to see ads, you can pay a monthly fee. Also DramaFever is available in apps for smartphones, tablets, Iphones, and Ipads. So you can download their apps and the pictures look super awesome. You can create an account for free from DF and can watch subs a little faster than guests.

Viki will also have English subs:

http://www.viki.com/channels/8701-the-secret-lovers

For now I can't view 7th Grade Civil Servant via Viki and I live in the US, so I'm guessing that we have to wait later to know if our regions can watch the drama. If you are watching this drama with English subs, you can check out Viki and see if the pictures show up for you. If it is then more likely you can view it with English subs once the drama airs. :) Viki's apps are also available on smartphones/tablets/ipads/iphones.

Here is another option to watch this drama live with English subs:
http://www.showboom.com

Also there is another option where you can view/watch this drama live with English subs while it airs live. I learned from Five Fingers community's thread that you pay about $9.99 per month at showboom.com and then you can view it with English subs. It also has a lot of dramas from a variety of shows for you to watch. They also allow you to download medium quality pictures with certain dramas. Sorry, I just checked the website and it said it's not available for US. I don't know what's going on with it, but other people from Five Fingers thread had used it before for live streaming with English subs as well as other TV shows. So if you wanted to watch this live with English subs, you can try to check out www.showboom.com but it's not available for US region. I am not sure if you will have it where you live, so check out the website to find out.

EDIT: If you are considering watching this drama live via Show Boom because it has subs live, please read everything in spoiler tag as I had asked permission from baduy and Cherkell on their opinions on Show Boom just in case you want a little review before you actually pay for the service to watch this drama live with English subs. Everything below was taken from pages 148 and 149 of Five Fingers thread with permission.

Baduy's opinions about Show Boom under spoiler tag

Baduy said:
I haven't seen Showboom's live subs since they morphed from ionair, but personally I'd say they were only suitable for the desperately impatient. My guess is that struggling to make out what the (fragmentary and not well synched) subs are trying to say would seriously distract people from spotting things that are important and can be gained from the visuals alone. Of course, what they are trying to do is desperately difficult, since its in the league of simultaneous interpreting where the required skillset is concerned. And such skills take long training and practice as well as pre-supposing considerable aptitude.

There's also the fact that the way they deliver the subs relies on Flash technology. Which is why you can forget about Iphones or Ipads for  their live or VOD streams (though their MW downloads would play on IOS platforms, if only you didn't have to use their downloader to get them, which is, need I say it, also a Flash application). The streams work fine on Android devices but the developers haven't yet figured how to get the live subs to appear on Androids, Flash is also why the live subs sometimes stop, or refuse to start, altogether on Windows or on desktop Macs Macbooks.

However, there are other reasons for considering a showboom subscription. First off, they are allowed to stream live to countries where the broadcasters' own live streams are blocked, and to stream VOD versions of dramas for which neither Vicky nor DF have licenses for many countries.

Second, for people who can read Korean, on their VOD version of some recent dramas (though not on the live streams, and only on major dramas, not dailies) they offer what are labelled as "Korean subs", but which are actually captures of the real-time text captions for the hearing-impaired which, since Korea went all-digital in its transmissions, the three major terrestrial stations now broadcast routinely on a subcarrier (like the close caption transcriptions found on US and UK networks): that's why these "subs" contain things like "Sound of a phone ringing" or "Sound of someone knocking" or "Mumble of voices" (iwritten in Korean of course) along with the actual spoken dialogue. Of the three main networks, only SBS make those captions generally available to everyone on-line, but there's a snag with the official SBS source in that the captions they put on their website are riddled with missing words and phrases, and sometimes completely garbled, whereas the SBS captions on showboom are fine.  KBS and MBC don't currently make their captions available outside Korea in any form apart from, selectively and partially, on showboom.

Third, on the top grade subscription (double the cost of the streaming-only subscription) you get the ability to legally download MQ versions of the dramas, which are fine for viewing on a phone, a tab or a netbook.

In fact, if you know Korean (and webserver technology) well enough and poke around a bit (there are no menu links to get you to the backroom area concerned, so I don't know whether access is intentional) you may find your way into their underlying webhard, where there are not only the MQ downloads they publicly advertise, but also several other 720p, 420p and xVid rips of most currently airing dramas. But that part of the site is in 100% Korean and, as I say, I'm not sure whether it's actually meant to be accessible at all... I can't see the rights holders being too happy about that.

Cherkell's opinions on Show Boom under spoiler tag:

CherKell said:

Here's the costs on Showboom (all in US Dollars, since I'm in the States).  (LOL I just saw a typo)

Showboom.jpg

Personally, I didn't subscribe for the subs -- I was more interested on the video quality since I was tired of suffering through watching lousy streams going through Chinese portals (by way of Siberia through yards of fluffy cotton).  As @baduy states above, it's probably the best option on the Interwebs if Wiki or DeeEff is not available in your country of origin.  As always, your mileage may vary. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Sorry, I have decided to take this message out as a separate message from the other information I posted above on how to watch this drama with English subs.

Thanks so much for the updates, everyone.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to compose some information for those of you who are watching this drama with English subs. If you know of any other languages' streaming sites with subs, please kindly private message me or post it here and I'll add it to our post 1. Sorry I have been slacking off for updates for post 1. Hope to catch up. Yay for the poster. Praying to see the website soon. :D

Also if you've previous watched MBC live and if you know any websites other than the ones that I provided in post 1, please kindly let me know so that I can update for others to watch this live. I know Chingzy provided really awesome live streaming for Missing You, but I'm not sure if she will host this drama. But here is Chingzy's Justin.tv site you can try to watch it live? (http://www.justin.tv/chingzy#/w/4355384432).

Thank you so much again. <3

Archived