[Movie 2013] Cold Eyes/ Stakeout/ The Watchers 감시자들

adeleyam

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Hyo-joo compliments Junho's acting

Source edaily via Hancinema

photo316294.jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo complimented 2PM Junho's acting in the movie "Cold Eyes".

Han Hyo-joo appeared at the premier event of "Cold Eyes" at CGV Apgujeong on the 4th and said, "I loved acting with Junho. I didn't believe it when he said it was his first movie. You would be surprised when you see the movie".

Han Hyo-joo takes on the role of Ha Yoon-joo, a genius when it comes to memory and observing.Junho takes on the role of the ace 'Squirrel'. He wasn't there at the premier due to 2PM's Japan concert. He sent a wreath written 'I want to be there too'.

When Han Hyo-joo was asked about 2PM's new album, she got the answers to the title of their new songs right. Jeong Woo-seong said the wrong answers and made everyone laugh.

Jeong Woo-seong becomes the bad guy this time as he takes on the role of James, the leader of a crime organization. Seol Kyeong-goo is the leader of "Cold Eyes". Meanwhile, "Cold Eyes" is about a group of watchers who go after crime organizations who leave no trace. To be released on the 4th of July.

Han Hyo-joo, "I have greed for action"

Source TVDaily via Hancinema

photo316282.jpg

Actress Han Hyo-joo expressed her greed for action.

The premier event of the movie "Cold Eyes" was held in CGV Apgujeong on the 4th with directors Jo Eui-seok and Kim Byeong-seo and casts Seol Kyeong-guJeong Woo-seong and Han Hyo-joo.

When Han Hyo-joo was asked if it was difficult carrying out the actions scenes such as kicking and such, she said, "There was only one action scene in the movie for me so I worked really hard. I had no injuries as I had practiced at action school".

"I felt greedy for action the more I did it. I'd like to try action movies in the future".

Jo Eui-seok said, "Han Hyo-joo had to work hard all night because we took the scene from different angles. The action director loved what she did".

Meanwhile, "Cold Eyes" is about a group of watchers who go after crime organizations who leave no trace. Seol Kyeong-gu takes on the role of director Hwang and Jo Woo-seong is the appealing crime architect James. Han Hyo-joo is the rookie Ha Yoon-joo and 2PM Junho takes on the role of the ace, 'Squirrel'. To be released on the 4th of July.

Junho apologizes for his absence from a movie press conference

Source: StarNews via Kpopupdates
Junho, 2pm[News] Junho apologizes for his absence from a movie press conference

Sending a wreath with words of apology, Junho expressed his sorrow for being absent from a press conference to report on the production of his first movie, Cold Eyes,  (directed by Jo Eui Suk and Kim Byung Seo, produced by Zipcinema). The press conference was held at CGV Apgujeong in Seoul on the morning of June 4. 

Junho makes his screen debut in this film in the role of an ace member of a surveillance team, nicknamed Squirrel. Because of a 2PM concert in Japan, Jun ho could not attend the conference. On the wreath he sent, he wrote “I wish I could be there, too!”

Han Hyo Joo gave her impressions of working with Junho on the film, saying, “He performed enthusiastically even though it was his first time. You’ll be surprised when you see the movie.” Jung Woo Sung also praised him, saying, “Junho really devoted himself to his acting when we were on location. There were times when he had to wait for eight hours, yet he maintained an attitude of willingness to learn from every experience of shooting. He did a great job.”

Cold Eyes is an action thriller that tells the story of a special police surveillance team. It will be released on July 4.

‘Cold Eyes’ is a story of firsts for the cast

By Carlo Sunwoo | joongangdaily
05214736.jpgJung Woo-sung plays a charismatic burglar named James in upcoming film “Cold Eyes.” Provided by Zip Cinema
It’s been tipped to be the blockbuster of the summer, not to mention the film to give this year’s biggest action flick “The Berlin File” a run for its money. 

And whether it proves to be true or not, the lineup alone for “Cold Eyes” is enough to get tongues wagging. For starters, there’s Hallyu heartthrob Jung Woo-sung, best-loved actress Han Hyo-joo, much respected Sol Kyung-gu and even a famed idol singer: 2PM’s Junho.

But the film’s real significance lies in the fact that it marks a milestone in the careers of its cast members. 

Co-directed by Jo Ui-seok and Kim Byung-seo, the film sees its stars scurry around every nook and cranny of Seoul and signals many firsts. It’s Jung’s first time playing a villain, Han’s first time starring in an action film and Junho’s film debut. 

05214750.jpgJung was joined by directors Jo Ui-seok and Kim Byung-seo and co-stars Han Hyo-joo and Sol Kyung-gu at a press conference on Tuesday to promote the film.
The plot revolves around a fictional police squad called the Surveillance Team that monitors criminal suspects. Headed by Detective Hwang (Sol), the team boasts impressive talents from Ha Yoon-ju (Han) to “Squirrel” (Junho). Cue James (Jung), head of a crime ring, and the chase begins. 

With a month to go until opening day, Jung, Han, Sol and the filmmakers assembled on Tuesday to talk about the challenges that come with entering into new territory. 

Jung got the ball rolling.

“While working on TV dramas for the last two years, I’d see my friends promoting their films and each time I had this desire to ‘come home,’?” he said. “And to make a movie that is set all over Seoul, it really felt like a homecoming, and I was only too glad to take part.” 

When he first saw the script, Jung said he knew he wanted to play the villainous James right away, even if he wasn’t sure just how to go about it. 

“The directors told me not to worry about my own brand of acting and instead just be true to the character,” Jung said. 

“It’s a funny concept to classify a villain based on how bad he is, but I’m a professional burglar in the movie, and in some ways, it’s not as bad as someone who hurts people.” 

He said he liked the “unique presence” of James as “a very low-key guy even when he’s tailed by the Surveillance Team.”

Jung also explained that he put his heart and soul into acting because he felt his portrayal of the character would have a big impact on the final result. This was in spite of the physical challenges of the role. 

Filming took place in a number of business districts from Teheran-ro to Cheonggye Stream, Garosugil, Yeouido, Gwanghwamun and Itaewon in the middle of winter. “We’d section off busy roads where people walked on by and not one person complained, which is kind of rare,” said Jung who said that he felt the support of Seoulites fuelling him on.

A typical day on the set would see Jung jumping around atop a 30-story building and tackling foes underground, all at subzero temperatures.

But Jung said he was happy to do it.

“It must have been cold, but I never really felt it because I was so into it,” he said.

For co-star Han, who has made a name for herself in romantic comedies, the film was her chance to prove her versatility.

“I told her, keep practicing and you can make it in Hollywood,” said Sol, who was impressed by the actress. 

Han said she found herself taking the role “very seriously” and reveled in putting her body to the test.

“Unfortunately there’s only one scene that required heavy action, and maybe it’s because of this that I put a lot more effort into it,” Han explained. 

“I never knew I would be so into action, and I hope to star in more action films from now on.”

While Jung and Han discovered parts of themselves they never knew existed, Sol said he took part purely for the star factor.

“To be honest, I didn’t actually read the script before I signed,” said the 45-year-old. “How could I refuse? I think I made the right choice.” 

While the actors looked within for guidance, filmmakers Jo and Kim had their hands full with bringing to life a film that weaves in and out of some of the city’s most congested districts.

“Filming in Seoul is a very tense situation in itself,” Kim said. “It’s an action film that tilts Seoul upside down. I’d like viewers to notice more than the tension and also take note of how the story builds.” 

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jung Sung Woo Plays A Criminal MastermindBy Joan MacDonald | Kdramastars

Cold Eyes

It has been a while since Jung Woo Sung played a bad guy. Nineteen years, in fact.

In the drama "Padam Padam: The Sound of His and Her Heartbeat," his character, Yang Kang Chil, served time in jail. But that's because he was framed. He went to jail for a murder that someone else committed. If you are adding up bad guy roles, that one doesn't count. Yang Kang Chil wasn't really bad. He just had bad luck.

You can't say the same for his character in the new action film, "Cold Eyes." That character really is a bad guy and he's a smart one. In the film, Jung Sung Woo plays James, a criminal mastermind. James is a sophisticated burglar, who knows how to outsmart the police with his well-thought out plans.

His schemes are so meticulous that the police assign a special team of detectives to find out what makes him tick.

Jung Woo Soo is attracted to good roles, whether the characters are good or bad.. He played a gang member in the 1997 film "Beat," a boxer in "The City of the Rising Sun" and a naval officer in "Phantom: The Submarine." Then he had a long series of romantic roles, most notably, the film "A Moment To Remember" with Son Ye Jin.

The character of James was appealing to him because he could see that the way the character was played would be central to the success of the film.

"He has a strong sense of intensity throughout the movie," said Jung. "The whole movie will change depending on who takes the role.

The detectives who pursue him include Hwang Won Jin, played by Sol Kyung Gu. Sol Kyung Gu is an award-winning actor who has been in dozens of films, including "The Tower" and "Troubleshooter."

He must also watch out for rookie detective Ha Yoon Joo, played by Han Hyo Joo. Although she has appeared in several films, this will be her first action film. Kdrama lovers may also know her in the roles of Go Eun Sung in "Brilliant Legacy" and Eun Chae in "Iljimae."

The film will also feature Lee Junho who plays Detective Daramjwi. The youngest member of the boy band 2PM, he first attracted attention in the show Superstar Survival. He had a small role in "White: the Melody of the Curse," playing a Music Fever host.

"Cold Eyes" is a remake of the 2007 film, "Eye in the Sky," produced in Hong Kong. Jung Woo Sung's fans will be sure to watch this film to see just how bad he can get.

Archived