[Drama 2012] Missing You / I Miss You 보고싶다

Guest DJG

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ayu_YooEun

[News] Interview with Sohu Entertainment: Park Yuchun’s First China Show
Carefully arranged by the team for the Lantern Festival Joy Party (Yuan Xiao Xi Le Hui), Park Yuchun accepted an interview with a reporter over webchat, revealing some secrets in advance for his first show in China and also shared personal career developments.Regarding this first show in China, he confirmed that he is taking a chartered plane over. He said that due to his packed schedule, the time was very tight, but fortunately, everything was well taken care of. Although he met up with the media during the Beijing Media Day last month, he is still very much looking forward to meeting everyone through the Hunan TV Lantern Festival night show. He is participating in China’s 2nd largest festival, the Lantern Festival’s live night broadcast on Hunan TV, the details of which he cannot reveal much, but he emphasised that he will be bringing a song performance that will be like a bright spark to everyone. So he is hoping everyone will watch the program happily on that night.Because it is his first show in China, he is rather nervous. And also, he has not participated in variety shows for a long time, so he is really looking forward to it. He knows that the 3 dramas, ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’, ‘Rooftop Prince’ and ‘Missing You’, are very hot in China and he is very happy. He said he has a lot of things he wants to tell China viewers and many happy things to share, so he hopes he can do that on this Lantern Festival night.Regarding the fact that ‘Missing You’ caused a great response on the internet and among fans, in this most heart-wrenching drama in history, when asked if he was showing his true self in his acting, he said sincerely, “Actually, I am also a sentimental person. The male lead has very delicate feelings, and for me, especially in the early morning or when I am alone, I will think about many things. At those times, I will also think about things related to the role or the performance of a song, so to me that is very helpful.” When asked about working with Yoon Eun Hye, he said their age gap is small, and the two of them matched each other well, so the filming of ‘Missing You’ went smoothly with no problems and ended well.He debuted as a singer and his creative talents are well-recognised. As an actor, his dramas received unprecedented praise; with 4 dramas in 3 years, he swept the awards at the 3 TV stations in Korea and achieved a Grand Slam. In Korea, this honour and competence seems to belong only to Park Yuchun. Between being an actor and a singer, which does he like more? Or which will he focus more on developing in future? Park Yuchun said seriously, “Both have different attractions, so it is very hard to pick one. I became an actor after being a singer, but I feel that being an actor suits me. How do I put it? Just like a habit, being a singer is something very familiar to me; if I don’t sing, I will feel very uncomfortable. When I am filming a drama, I will still take some time out to sing. While I am working hard to be a good singer, I am also working hard to become a good actor.” Regarding fans being eager to know about his future plans in China, he gave a definite answer, ” I want to take on the challenge of a large-scale movie in China. I have a positive view towards China movies. So no matter when, if there is a chance, I hope to do a China movie or TV series.”Because the team for this Lantern Festival Joy Party is the Happy Camp team, there was news on Tieba and Weibo (t/n Chinese social media platforms) that Park Yuchun will record a Happy Camp Special (t/n a very popular variety show in China). Yuchun said that most Chinese viewers know him through Korean dramas, so he would like everyone to see Park Yuchun through this Lantern Festival program. If through a variety show, he can close up the distance with the China audience, that would be great.Regarding his gift to the audience, Park Yuchun said there will be a big surprise. Looks like we will definitely have to watch Hunan TV’s Lantern Festival Joy Party live broadcast on 24 Feb at 7.30pm to see his performance and surprise.

Archived