[Drama 2013] Queen of Ambition / Yawang 야왕

Guest annieice

Guest apache934

We can say DH is an ambitious woman ,

What she had to do is to protect herself from very young age ,

(-She killed her stepfather to protect herself)

Epi 1-2-3 DH and HR are the same level

After graduation  they are still OK

After coming back from USA ...their distance is to far ...He really did the wrong way to get her back ..

He used their baby & the dead of her stepfather .... It's not good ..

But

She is really a think-skinned to ask him helping  her ! It means going to the jail for her then she would take care baby ??

FIRST LADY it's means the Queen of Korean  ?...we don't know yet it's Do Hoon's  father or him ? I don't think Do Hoon because he's too young to be the President of Korea

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fantast1k1

Hello Everyone! Welcome @SeGafanlady! Glad you join us in the Yawang roller coaster ride:)

Here are the candidates for the President's role:

Kim Sang Joon, Jeon No Min and Cheon Ho Jin

Thank you for @ Brisabreeze for finding the information on DC.

What a relief! For sure, the president won't be BDH or his father \:D/

Guest fantast1k1

OMG the actress who play the role Baek Do Kyung' date=' she's Kim Sung Ryung, born Feb, 8 1967. She's 46 years old! It confuses me why they have chosen a very mature actress to play Do Hoon's noona..  I suspect that Do Hoon can be her illegitimate son. Since he's in his early 20ies.. This drama starting to take a serious turn... please fasten your seatbelt![/quote']

FYI...BDH is BDK'S son.

Guest Arawni1430292037

Do Kyung is an interesting character in a way. Her relationship with Do Hoon is... well, I think it's screwed up at least in some level. Her slapping his buttocks is not very sisterly and she sure is possessive of him. There are two options. Either she is his real mother but because she cannot be that publicly being reduced to a bit lesser role of a sister, she has developed some weird ways to show her emotional attachment to him. Other option is that there simply is some incestuous vibe there. First option seems plausible enough considering her age, but on the other hand, his father seems to take his role as a father very seriously which makes me believe he really is his father. However, there's no way I could believe he fathered BDH with his own daughter. Nothing in their relationship seems to point to father-daughter incest. Of course, considering that DK is childless, she may have adopted BDH as her child, in a way, and so is constantly crossing the line of a sister.

What comes to Da Hae, I don't think DK's hate towards her stems so much from DH's poverty. It seems much more personal than that. DK is immensely possessive of her brother and clearly wishes to be THE woman in his world. Even before she gets to know that DH is the new girl friend, you can see DK getting angry when BDH says that new gf is even more important to him than DK is. DK would hate ANY gf of DH. However, in DH's case she hates her even more because she feels that DH used HER as a way to get to her brother. That DH tried hard to make and impression and flattered her only her brother in mind - and that she fell for it! She did choose DH to work in the company and was impressed by her.

Of course, irony in the situation is, that DK is probably the main reason why DH decided to go after BDH at all.

after i read what u said n search it,LOL it's funny coz it got the same manhwa writer even the manhwa is different maybe and finally i know why it seems the same part in daemul and in yawang the man is a lawyer and the woman is very clever,,but it has a different sense coz it has a very small part of love part in daemul and it contain more about politic and how get involve on it,but in yawang,it tell us bout an ambitious woman who become a first lady

Guest Arawni1430292037

fantast1ksuae said:

SeGafanlady

wrote:

»

OMG the actress who play the role Baek Do Kyung, she's Kim Sung Ryung, born Feb, 8 1967. She's 46 years old! It confuses me why they have chosen a very mature actress to play Do Hoon's noona..  I suspect that Do Hoon can be her illegitimate son. Since he's in his early 20ies.. This drama starting to take a serious turn... please fasten your seatbelt!

Guest apache934

fantast1ksuae said: Hello Everyone! Welcome @SeGafanlady! Glad you join us in the Yawang roller coaster ride:)
Here are the candidates for the President's role:

Kim Sang Joon, Jeon No Min and Cheon Ho Jin

Thank you for @ Brisabreeze for finding the information on DC.

What a relief! For sure, the president won't be BDH or his father \:D/

I haven't had time to watch this week's episodes, yet. I just want to get in line with you guys, I want to know who's going to be president, too ;)

Soo Ae's performance is absolutely brilliant: As far as I can see almost all viewers hate Da Hae's guts, there are many comments about blood pressures increasing lol. And it's testament to KWS character portrayal and the rest of the cast, the fast paced directing and intelligent writing how invested you get into this. I love Yawang so far.

Arawni said: Do Kyung is an interesting character in a way. Her relationship with Do Hoon is... well, I think it's screwed up at least in some level. Her slapping his buttocks is not very sisterly and she sure is possessive of him. There are two options. Either she is his real mother but because she cannot be that publicly being reduced to a bit lesser role of a sister, she has developed some weird ways to show her emotional attachment to him. Other option is that there simply is some incestuous vibe there. First option seems plausible enough considering her age, but on the other hand, his father seems to take his role as a father very seriously which makes me believe he really is his father. However, there's no way I could believe he fathered BDH with his own daughter. Nothing in their relationship seems to point to father-daughter incest. Of course, considering that DK is childless, she may have adopted BDH as her child, in a way, and so is constantly crossing the line of a sister.

What comes to Da Hae, I don't think DK's hate towards her stems so much from DH's poverty. It seems much more personal than that. DK is immensely possessive of her brother and clearly wishes to be THE woman in his world. Even before she gets to know that DH is the new girl friend, you can see DK getting angry when BDH says that new gf is even more important to him than DK is. DK would hate ANY gf of DH. However, in DH's case she hates her even more because she feels that DH used HER as a way to get to her brother. That DH tried hard to make and impression and flattered her only her brother in mind - and that she fell for it! She did choose DH to work in the company and was impressed by her.

Of course, irony in the situation is, that DK is probably the main reason why DH decided to go after BDH at all.

guys how do you put spoiler tags?? sorry i haven't figured it out so SPOILERS ahead

@Arawni

it's been implied since Ep 2 that BDH is BDK's son. the drunken aunt during that episode mentioned about Dohun's father being an athlete as well (like Dohun). also in another episode BDH told DH that his sister is 18 years older than him (so DH's being only 2 years his senior does not bother him). DK most probably got pregnant during her teens and they covered up BDH's real identity to protect themselves from a huge scandal.

as for Dahae i think DK genuinely feels that DH is up to no good. it's a given that being the mother figure to Dohun for 20+ years she would be protective of him, however in earlier episodes she told Dohun that if he had a girl friend then she'd like to meet her. and during the hotel meeting when BDH was about to introduce Dahae as his girl friend for the first time to his sister, she looked like she was looking forward to meet the girl (until in walked the girl and lo and behold it's Joo Dahae). if it was any other girl with good intentions for her brother/son she would've been happy for Dohun (as a mother who wants a stable future for his son). but it was gold-digger extraordinaire Joo Dahae...let's just say it's a "mother's intuition".

anyway i am so #TEAMNOONA. i've never seen Kim Sungryeong in anything prior to Yawang and i thought she was just a pretty face with so-so acting but she surprised me by turning out to be the most sympathetic character in the drama and she plays it so well. my heart breaks for her everytime Dohun fights with her. very well done Ms. Kim!

Guest fantast1k1

Hi @cat1177: to put spoiler tags----

type in your text here and close it with this

Remember when Aunt Jini told BDK that she met DH at the mansion? She said that she has a pretty face but something is hiding underneath the face that's scary...she read DH right away...it takes one to know one...the aunt's assessment contributed to BDK's suspicion of DH. 
@Ayachou: I'm  truly enjoying Yawang...its intelligently written, it has the right actors to play the part and its very intriguing. Its not your run of the mill melodrama, it has too many twist and turns. We are only on the 6th episode and soo much had happened. I hope they keep the momentum going. Best of all, Su Ae and KSW are in it...my favorite actors of all.
Soo Jung probably found Ahjumma on the coming episode. Because on episode 6, HR asked TB where's Ahjumma and she's not home.I miss baby Eun Byul...she's soo cute and adorable. I wish they extended her role. 

^thanks!

i miss baby Eunbyul too, sorry to little Minha lol.

it's kind of eerie now when BDH says "i love you" to DK. the first time, he was about to meet DH; second time, their relationship is in turmoil because of DH; i'm afraid to hear it from him the third time :(

it's been awhile since i've watched KSW and although i kind of despise HR's weakness KSW is such a skilled and talented actor. not a dedicated fan of Soo Ae but i've liked her since Love Letter. i agree that everyone was perfectly cast, from the aunt to Taek Bae to manager Yoon lol.

Guest fantast1k1

^^^ooppss, that didn't go to well...here's how to put spoiler courtesy of  @Brisabreeze tutorial...thanks chingoo!
About the spoiler tag, you need to type[ spoiler] your message here[ /spoiler] but don't forget to delete the space between [ and s, [ and /.  Hope it works. 

Guest yunneybear

one more sign for Dokyung is his mom in ep6

EB8884EB8298EB9E91_ED9598EBA598EB9E91_10

Dohoon said: "You don’t that, do you? You are like a mother to me

I have never seen my mother but… thanks to you I’ve never wished for a mother..." 

some pic of Yunho today!

Dohoon started working in the company in next ep (?!) ^^

725418931_zpsdc5a5b3b.jpg

725418945_zpsad641c04.jpg

725418953_zpsf62d356f.jpg

credit: onpic

Guest yunneybear

Just want to share cute fan art of Baek family :)
BBsCy3ICEAA4oa1jpglarge_zpsc6ded1f9.jpg
Dokyung & Dohoon baby :*725494304_zps2652b3ae.jpg

sisters and brother or mother and son I love them :x
e04-83_zps1ccab6bb.jpg
e04-82_zpsc38603f3.jpg
Cr: as tag+yungall

I was thinking about the beginning of the first episode at the blue house. So when the prosecutors came they didnt have any police officers with them just prosecutors? They shouldve had some with them so no one could interfere with their search. When the agent was like "you cant go to her room without permission" even though they had a search warrant they should've arrested him on the spot. He cant tell them no when they have a warrant....that is assuming american law and south korean laws arent too different

Archived