What ethnicity do people mistake you for?

chronicrhythm

daRings said: When we first move here in america, the sales lady at the furniture store thought that me and my parents were from HAWAII! lol
must be coz of my slightly tanned skin, and straight hair.

But now i got lighter, and wore the cat-eye liner thingy, some think i'm korean.

maybe 80% of people at first think i'm either hispanic, hawaiin, or korean.
but there are also 20% who at first glance, they know i'm filipino. :D

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Zanmato1430290832

People think that I'm American, because I use English very ofter and my Polish is getting bad day by day XD

Guest jammer25

I'm Mexican.  I've been mistaken for a lot of things especially here in the Bay Area, but the most common ones I get are Italian and eastern European (e.g. Slavic countries). 

Guest moo_lah

Often mistaken for Italian or Russian. Sometimes full Caucasian or even half Asian, and someone thought I was Spanish once. I once had a guy name all the damn countries and continents under the sun and he still didn't get it right.

Australian/Chinese/Samoan right here bro.

Guest ivylovesyou01

green papaya said: ivylovesyou01 said: I'm Puerto Rican but people ask if I'm Mexican... why do people automatically assume your Mexican when they find out your spanish? -_-Also I told my friend that I was learning Japanese (now learning Korean!) and he asked if it was because of my nationality. He thought I was asian lol

green papaya said: daRings said: When we first move here in america, the sales lady at the furniture store thought that me and my parents were from HAWAII! lol
must be coz of my slightly tanned skin, and straight hair.

But now i got lighter, and wore the cat-eye liner thingy, some think i'm korean.

maybe 80% of people at first think i'm either hispanic, hawaiin, or korean.
but there are also 20% who at first glance, they know i'm filipino. :D

Guest vindemi

I was born in the Philippines. Both of my parents came from the areas near Boracay and my mom's side has both Spanish and Chinese blood. (My mom told me once that my great grandfather was handsome lol). My dad has some Spanish blood too. 

That leaves me in the "wtf" category. No one knows what I am at first -__- Koreans think I'm Korean, Japanese people think I'm Japanese and Filipino people think that one of my parents is a foreigner or that I'm Korean or Japanese. I almost am of something but not quite. /identitycrisis.

Only a few people guess right....

Guest tiannie1430268553

Most of the time, I'm mistaken for Korean (most likely has to do with who I hang out with). Some think I'm half white.
I'm full Chinese. 

Guest HERMIT

Some people I encounter are plain rude. 
They can't even say that I look Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Taiwanese, etc.
They just say that I'm Obese.

Guest flaminhot

I'm Korean, but I've heard everything...Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Mongolian, Singaporean...you name it. But, when Koreans or Japanese kids see me, they get it right the first time. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lindseyannie

Most people think I'm black or South Asian (like Indian or Pakistani). I'm half white and half Chinese. (According to my mum, but my dad has a Korean surname. Seriously. It's Son. If he was Chinese, it would be Sun or Suen. I'll believe my mum for now.)

Guest hearthealer

I get korean, a lot...first got to canada, korean girls in my science project group spoke korean till they realized i had this zoned out "huh???" look....my ex bf who's korean thought i was korean (he didn't know me before we dated), his friends thought i was a mainland chinese...korean restaurants greet me in korean, store vendors in korea get confused when my friends translate for me and most recently, flight attendants on SIA out of Singapore served me in Korean and at Incheon airport i ran into some taiwanese/mainlanders who were surprised i spoke mandarin....
I've also gotten taiwanese, from my taiwanese friends and mainland chinese from lots of people, white people just guess and guess everything from japanese, korean, chinese, taiwanese, cantonese etc...
My current bf thought i was mixed, asian and caucasian on account of my naturally light reddish brown hair, and dark almost black eyes....
I'm Singapore Chinese.

Guest Cobalt.Butterfly

I've gotten a few. I'm half white, half middle eastern, but I mostly look white. xD Here's what I've gotten:

-Greek
-Egyptian
-Half Asian (Japanese)
-Italian
No one can guess my real ethnicity, so it's fun to see what some people come up with 8D

Archived