Guest Jennifer Harcourt

@ouna when i go to forums as you told me to

but i still couldn't find it

for some reason it is not there :(

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest luna1430278013

@mlovesk yonghwa is amazing and talented love his music ...& i don't remember but i guess it may be tumblr

& @StudioSylar

well maybe you need to make memeber before u be able to post new thread

how to transition from new member to member? i have no idea !

when this new format was launched it was marked member for me ...

i guess that what the points and badges are for !!

the more you get points the higher you rank in soompi

Guest Lok_Lok

Do we still have a control panel? I can't find the page which shows me all the threads/topics I used to follow

Yeah I have a fanfic and it seems that all the most recent updates to my index has been lost... So technically, to find the recent chapters you want to read, you are going to have to look for them. I suppose this is for the meantime as they are fixing bugs. =) Patience is key.

yeah I hope they'd be able to fix that bugs and all I had to do is be patient ^^,

Guest xosandy

How do I report spam posts and/or bashing posts to the moderators?

Scroll over the particular post you want to report-- you will see "promote insightful awesome lol." Click on "flag" to the left of it. You can classify it as 'spam' or 'abuse.'

Guest StudioSylar

Hi' date=' I hope I'm not being redundant or just ignorant, but I've posted 13 posts and am still not seeing an option to create a thread? I would like to create a thread in performers to post my youtube covers. I would appreciate any help! Thanks![/quote']

On the top left corner there is a purple button that says "NEW THREAD". It's located right below your username and avatar, under the bar that takes you to the forums, news, gallery etc.

If you can't find it, then click on here

http://forums.soompi.com/post/discussion/12

Just make sure to change the drop down thingy to the section of the forums you would like your thread to be posted on.

--------

I don't see anything labeled "NEW THREAD" near my avatar/username. The link you provided says that I do not have permission to view it. ?? Not really sure what's going on or if there's something else I need to do to be able to post a new thread? Anyone with any other ideas!

Thank you, @SunniRise for replying though!

Guest StudioSylar

NEVERMIND EVERYONE ^^ I guess my last post was all I needed to get the "NEW THREAD" option. FIXED!

@studiosylar and @mlovesk, I've updated your status to Member manually so you should be able to create a topic! In our old forums, people marked as New Members would automatically get Member status when they wrote five posts. However, that's not happening here, and we're trying to figure out why. In the meantime, the rest of you who are still having problems, please email support@soompi.com or PM melkimx to let us know that we should manually update your status. I've also updated the FAQ with this information.

Thanks to those of you who are very helpfully answering questions!

As for what the badges do, I'm going to write up some text about that. I'll let you know soon!

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

Scroll over the particular post you want to report-- you will see "promote insightful awesome lol." Click on "flag" to the left of it. You can classify it as 'spam' or 'abuse.'

Is there a certain number of flags a post can get before moderators take action? This post for example by Hanni12 is just pure bashing of Dr. Jin and the actors. There have been a total of 9 flags of the two posts by Hanni12 by members for abuse and cruel bashing but I don't see any action being taken. I hope this will allow moderators to look into it.

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/375092/drama-2012-time-slip-dr-jin-%ED%83%80%EC%9E%84%EC%8A%AC%EB%A6%BD-%EB%8B%A5%ED%84%B0%EC%A7%84/p29

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/375092/drama-2012-time-slip-dr-jin-%ED%83%80%EC%9E%84%EC%8A%AC%EB%A6%BD-%EB%8B%A5%ED%84%B0%EC%A7%84/p30

Guest HERMIT

As for what the badges do, I'm going to write up some text about that. I'll let you know soon!

@melkimx: Speaking of which, since the time of my last comment regarding this particular topic, I started monitoring how our points accumulated on the new site. And from what I can discern, it looks like for each of the 'Insightfuls', 'Awesomes', and 'LOLs' earned, you also get a point for each of those. These various rep points are then also added in conjunction with whatever points you earn for the badges that one earns (ie. +10 for Anniversary badge).

From what I've also noticed, there has been a migration of our original "positive reps" from the old soompi site and then lumped into the "Awesome" bucket. Moreover, the tally of our points currently accrued ONLY reflects those points accumulated since the start-up of the new website. That is to say, none of our points that we earned from the prior site do NOT reflect as part of our total points on the new site. Is this, more or less, an accurate assessment?

I guess my question is - would whatever our past accomplishments (positive reps) transferred over from the old site eventually be translated into points and added onto our current points total? As it stands, we aren't credited for those past positive reps and it ultimately doesn't reflect accurately or consistently across our profiles on the new site. Admittedly, some of us high-rep posters like shinhdeplol, semi-fly, and myself kind of 'lose out' on those 'unrealized points' (and possibly some merit badges in the process too).

Anyhow, just curiously wondering. It's obviously not a pressing issue at this point in time and in the grand scheme of things, but I admit it would be nice to have that sense of accomplishment and credit properly reflected.

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

I also notice that a member notorious for bashing Song Seung Hun is up to bashing once again in the topic for Dr. Jin. I am just alerting the moderators of the issue to prevent it from escalating to tensions and more bashing in Dr. Jin's thread.

Did the control panel get deleted? Or how do I follow a thread?

The "control panel" is pretty much under the "edit your profile".

To follow a thread, scroll up to the title of the thread and there is a white star beside it. Click on it, and it would turn yellow, meaning you're "following" it.

You can access your favourited threads by clicking the star under your name. :)

I'm sorry, but since this is kind of more of a thread for speaking about forum launch-related issues (i.e., people who can't use the site, people who are trying to figure out how the site works), those of you who are in here to talk about "Time Slip Dr. Jin," please start up a new thread or PM the moderator of that forum. Thanks!

Guest HERMIT

@lady_luv:

You can "follow" threads by using the "Bookmark" function. This is designated by the "star" icon that you can see on the topic thread's title line (just to the left) of the thread starter's avatar in the "Started By" column.

By clicking on the star icon, it turns yellow indicating that you have bookmarked the topic thread for future reference.

When you later want to reference your bookmarked threads, you can follow all your bookmarked threads by going to the upper left-hand corner of your screen, where you can see your screen name and the the three icons designated for your Notifications (globe icon), Inbox (envelope icon), and your Bookmarks (star icon).

Click on that star icon and that should lead you to a page within your profile listing all the threads that you have bookmarked for following.

Guest Riicky

idk if this is where I would have to ask, but why can't I post up a new thread?

There was a red strip that told me that my tags were too long, but I hadn't tagged anything on the post... T___T

I received the same message. This is a thumbnail of it:

soompitagerror.jpg

I did write 2 tags in the tag bar but erased them to see if the tag errors would dissapear. Instead the tag character count went down. But if the tag character is count is suppose to be 5...how do I make a thread with 1 word or 5 characters?

Posted this in the Welcome Vanilla Forums but I think this is a better place for it since it has yet to be addressed.

Archived