Welcome to our new site!

melkimx

Guest daisyblu891430291594

Wow, thank you for the quick reply.

I did try but it keeps bringing me back to this account, and when I resent the password, this is the account I ended up with. I've been messing with it for the past few hours, but nothing seems to be working.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocojulie

Hi, I might not be looking in the right area but where are the fan clubs? Since the renovation of the site, which looks great btw, I can't find them. Have they been removed? Please let me know. Thank you, sora

Guest knockblock

The post editing came back. Except I still haven't a clue as to how to edit my post.

A lot of stuff still needs to be addressed. Like for one, the post preview needs to be back.

Now the big one that needs work. The forum activity. It's been about 3 weeks. I can honestly say that the level of activity on the forums isn't that much different from prior to the new version of Soompi. This needs to be worked on, and badly.

Guest cutiemae88

@cutiemae88

I don't think they are here anymore since I can't find them either.

Maybe, hopefully, they will be back after all the glitches and bugs get fixed?

Or maybe it wasn't popular enough to keep it around.

Guest rhianzel

Just recently active here, 'coz have a little problem in viewing your site, sometimes ERROR oh!more often..don't know why..>.< Can somebody have the same problem?

Guest skwon1430286082

Hi, I might not be looking in the right area but where are the fan clubs? Since the renovation of the site, which looks great btw, I can't find them. Have they been removed? Please let me know. Thank you, sora

Guest vistaxp80

I feel developers aren't doing anything to fix these bugs. I keep reading they'll look into. But it never fixed!

@vistaxp80 I realize that everyone has been waiting a long time for all the changes to be made. We acknowledge this, and we apologize. But for you and others to claim that the developers aren't doing anything is not only inaccurate, it's a little disrespectful in light of the fact that the devs (a team of people which includes soomp herself) are actually working very hard -- all day, all evening, and also on the weekends. The changes they've accomplished thus far include (but are not limited to):

• Being able to edit posts
  • Being able to format posts and signatures (correctly)
  • Separating the parent forum content from the subforums
  • Improving the search function
  • Recovering some missing posts and PMs
  • Promoting new members to members automatically
  • Allowing members to link to specific posts
  • Showing who's online at the thread and forum level
  • Making the comment field bigger

Currently the developers are working on giving us a layout with a bit higher contrast, and being able to change the topic starter. And they're also (really) looking into the bugs that a few people are reporting. Please be patient.

Wow, thank you for the quick reply.

I did try but it keeps bringing me back to this account, and when I resent the password, this is the account I ended up with. I've been messing with it for the past few hours, but nothing seems to be working.

Hi, it seems that you have one account on our main site side and two on the forum side. It's definitely a glitch and we've reported it to Vanilla. I'll be honest and admit that it's low priority because it only affects one person (you), but they will take a look at it and try to fix it. In the meantime, we can try to email you with a new password so you can access your old account.

Searched through this thread but did not find it: will the ignore system be back?

If you mean the block function, then yes, it's definitely something we're looking to bring back, although the developers are currently working on a few other things first.

Just recently active here, 'coz have a little problem in viewing your site, sometimes ERROR oh!more often..don't know why..>.< Can somebody have the same problem?

The post editing came back. Except I still haven't a clue as to how to edit my post.

A lot of stuff still needs to be addressed. Like for one, the post preview needs to be back.

Now the big one that needs work. The forum activity. It's been about 3 weeks. I can honestly say that the level of activity on the forums isn't that much different from prior to the new version of Soompi. This needs to be worked on, and badly.

You use the control panel options to edit your post. Is it not working? The post preview isn't there because what you see in the post box is how your post looks, so the preview option shouldn't be necessary. As for the activity level, I guess you're right to say that it's about the same as to before the launch... but a lot of times when the design changes, the traffic actually drops, so I see the stability as a positive sign. No?

Guest daisyblu891430291594

Hi, it seems that you have one account on our main site side and two on the forum side. It's definitely a glitch and we've reported it to Vanilla. I'll be honest and admit that it's low priority because it only affects one person (you), but they will take a look at it and try to fix it. In the meantime, we can try to email you with a new password so you can access your old account.

Guest elysium.

Don't know if anyone has addressed this problem yet, but I've been using the rich text editor to make a new layout for my shop.
Using the rich text editor menu buttons alone messes up the coding after my post has been saved, so I've typed all HTML manually.
What I've discovered is that the "Preview" button does not work, the "underline" and the "strike through" options will revert my text back to plain.
You can click on the link in my signature to see my shop thread and what I'm talking about. >___<" Note that I've only tested everything in the first initial post and second post of my shop (where it states the rules and order status)... ignore the rest of the replies in my thread (3rd post and above, when you start seeing items, since I'm still working on it).

Hello :) I LOVE the new layout for Soompi, it'll take some getting used to though. Anyway I've been trying to change that title/ those words right next to username (it's there every time I see my post). Can anyone help tell me how to change the title? 

Guest Bonnie

I'm sorry I'm going to be a debbie downer here, but I honestly can't get use to the new site. I really prefer the previous layout and design better, as it is easier on the eyes. It just makes me dread coming back here and having to scroll down to the topics that I like.
Don't get me wrong. I totally appreciate everybody's efforts in building this from the ground up and making improvements so that it is user-friendly to members. I love Soompi and I'll try my best to get use to the layout. I 
I'm sorry if my post offended anyone.Peace and I love you all.

I'm sorry I'm going to be a debbie downer here, but I honestly can't get use to the new site. I really prefer the previous layout and design better, as it is easier on the eyes. It just makes me dread coming back here and having to scroll down to the topics that I like.

Don't get me wrong. I totally appreciate everybody's efforts in building this from the ground up and making improvements so that it is user-friendly to members. I love Soompi and I'll try my best to get use to the layout. I 

I'm sorry if my post offended anyone.Peace and I love you all.

It's fine and it's understandable. We will never go back to IPB, with has many problems as it had (please don't forget that it had a LOT of problems), so we hope that people will get used to this in the long term. But we are working on tweaking the current design so it looks a little more high-contrast and a bit more similar to the old days. I got a preview of it, and even though it's not finished, I have to say that so far, I really like the way it looks. So please be patient! There's never going to be any way for us to make everyone totally happy (some people say they like this design), but we'll try to make as many people satisfied as we can.

Guest savoir vivre

Before the upgrade, we had some sort of blogs. Are they completely lost? Or I'm just such a buffoon for not finding it..  ;))Thanks. *-:)

Archived