JH posted warning from fake accounts contacting random people for money. Good for him.

An aside- In the post, he posted a picture of a boat... Does that mean that he is filming the Clam diving show?!

Edit: only now I noticed this is a painting of a ship named Earnslaw, which is one of the world's oldest working steamships. It's from New Zealand. Have no idea if this is a hint or just JH being random...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/1/2023 at 2:55 PM, Biology Lesson said:

JH posted warning from fake accounts contacting random people for money. Good for him.

An aside- In the post, he posted a picture of a boat... Does that mean that he is filming the Clam diving show?!

Edit: only now I noticed this is a painting of a ship named Earnslaw, which is one of the world's oldest working steamships. It's from New Zealand. Have no idea if this is a hint or just JH being random...

Hahaha! He's always leaving us vague clues..or maybe not even clues. 

But his English is getting better, don't you think?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! He's always leaving us vague clues..or maybe not even clues. 

But his English is getting better, don't you think?

It is :) My thinking ia that after the mistake in the last post, he's being extra cautious. Probably had someone go over it. This is not to disparage him. Again, I noticed that many Koreans of his age, and even of the younger generations, have a phobia when it comes to English. I think it was the way they were taught in school.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Grace posted this at her story.

https://instagram.com/stories/jshgrace/3229083199043253573?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Someone spotted Hyuk filming something at Paju. So curious what it is. 

Edit: rats... :( I asked Grace for details, and it looks like JH was eating in the same restaurant while being filmed. The person was worried they might be caught by the camera. they weren't there to be filmed. Just went to eat. So I think this was actually a variety show...

Checked what is Paju- it's a county on the northern border of South Korea

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Edit: rats... :( I asked Grace for details, and it looks like JH was eating in the same restaurant while being filmed. The person was worried they might be caught by the camera. they weren't there to be filmed. Just went to eat. So I think this was actually a variety show...

Checked what is Paju- it's a county on the northern border of South Korea

Ya.. I guess so.. was hoping it might be a drama..but still happy to see him on any show again:love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I never would have imagined him appearing in a show like this or maybe he would as a guest supporting one of the Dragon bros. This is potentially a big deal, and I've had some fun on IG speculating about his reasons for appearing...

Two people suggested that his 2nd son might be venturing down the same path as him. Makes sense if he's appearing for his sake. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Don't want to assume he's opening up his private life but that's the concept of the show and clearly some portions were filmed in his house. I guess we'll find out when this premieres

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Sigh.. Looks like he's only announcing the change in timing of the program. So maybe he's not appearing in the next ep. Hopefully in the future eps.

Lol is he appearing at all?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, YouwinJH said:

I never would have imagined him appearing in a show like this or maybe he would as a guest supporting one of the Dragon bros. This is potentially a big deal, and I've had some fun on IG speculating about his reasons for appearing...

Two people suggested that his son might be venturing down the same path as him. Makes sense if he's appearing for his sake. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Don't want to assume he's opening up his private life but that's the concept of the show and clearly some portions were filmed in his house. I guess we'll find out when this premieres

Lol is he appearing at all?

I really hope he is. It will be weird for him to appear just to announce a change in broadcast timing. He even showed his room! Maybe he will appear in the future eps? Please....

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I really hope he is. It will be weird for him to appear just to announce a change in broadcast timing. He even showed his room! Maybe he will appear in the future eps? Please....

Yeah it wouldn't make sense for them to film him in his home just for an announcement of a time change. Plus we know he's been filming stuff incl. In Paju so highly likely it is this show

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Sigh.. Looks like he's only announcing the change in timing of the program. So maybe he's not appearing in the next ep. Hopefully in the future eps.

This news about this show is very strange. can't say I'm very excited about it, either way...

What has me the most baffled is the fact that he is wearing shorts! That's very unusual for him!

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

This news about this show is very strange. can't say I'm very excited about it, either way...

What has me the most baffled is the fact that he is wearing shorts! That's very unusual for him!

Yes!I get this feeling that they were filming him at home. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I thought he'd gone to the gym or was about to go. But agree with @azureblue7 that it was filmed in the comfort of his home. Could be like that yacht show and we only get a short clip at home.

Speaking of the yacht show, the room we saw then had darker furniture and this one is much brighter

Curiouser and curiouser. Don't know if he's actually going to participate and show his home life or just guesting to take part in the panel but it raises a lot of questions. Wonder how much grip Sidus had over what he could / could not show about himself? 

But I sort of know what you mean. I think I said something about his IG activity before and now I'm thinking about overexposure. My boy loves work so I wish he gets more drama / film projects rather than the variety kind - and I hate to think he's doing these because he's not received any offers yet.

At the same time, the nosey posey that I am is not so secretly enthusiastic about seeing him as the family man. He had such an adorable rapport with Minseo and has such a loving way of talking about his kids. And indeed if his son wants to act and this is for him then yay him

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Biology Lesson Not excited either. I want to see him acting. Im not into variety shows in the least and I don't care about celebs homes etc :expressionless: soooo bored!!!!

@YouwinJH Working my way through “Because this is my first life”. I think its well written and has depth. Its had a couple of standout scenes. The wedding was one that moved me (his words to her mom) Its definitely a pleasant watch for me, but I don't have an urge to come back to it when I pause it. Most likely its because my job has gotten more exhausting so my attention span for “non work related” stuff has gotten way worse. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@dramafan33 that was the scene that made me cry especially what her mum said that made Jihyo cry. It felt really close to home....the plot is really well thought through and it has heart without being too sentimental and preachy. Compared to My Liberation Notes, which I thought tries too hard to be philosophical and it didn't help that I found most of the characters unlikeable

Glad you're finding it pleasant. And defo agree about the attention span thing. I'm totally drained most days from work and world affairs. And obvs I'm clearly not getting enough sleep

I know you don't have time but I would also strongly recommend The Lies Within - it's crime show, as well as political and family saga. It's all the drama and suspense and power play that I wished Family had

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

@YouwinJH Thanks for the recommendation. Ill check it out. Ill just probably take my time with it. 

And yes, Because this is my first life is philosophical but not preachy. Very nice. I found that scene relatable as well. I cried. And I like how they use the soundtrack in this drama. Even the music is not overly sentimental. 

Im also intrigued by the stories of her two friends. Especially the “sexy” professional one who wanted to be a boss but ended up working for creepy men. Im invested and I hope they all succeed in finding happiness. 

Did you ever try to watch Thank You? There were some things about that drama that I didn’t understand (mostly JHs character on the first half, he was annoying on that first half) but, there was also some depth to it and I found it heartwarming. I think Ill rewatch it for the parts that I did like. Its slow though so not sure Ill be able to stay awake lol 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1