Guest o-cha

thanks hahatk. The set for Bohae wine CF is really nice. I wonder if the kitchen of his Bong Bae-dong house is modern style as well.

True true he's not quite back to snow white complexion yet but he's definitely gotten much fairer than during his Chuno days.

Speaking about Hyuk's next project....I wonder if he's going to do a movie or drama.

Some dramas still needing male leads (and female leads too for that part):

Poseidon --- a naval ship drama. PD Yoo Chul Yong (Swallow The Sun, HIT,All In), Writer Jo Kyoo Won (IRIS, Ballad of Seo Dong). I know they're doing auditions right now. I'm not sure what the storyline is going to be exactly about but Hyuk would look good as a naval officer :D . Most likely this will be more of an action drama

Pink Lady --- adapted from an internet comic. PD Kwon Gye Hong (Bad Love), Writer Kim Won Jin (Witch Yoo Hee). Errrr somehow I don't think this is Hyuk's kind of drama :lol:

지붕아래 소네트 (Under The Roof Sonnet) --- from a comic book. PD No Doh Chul (Soulmate), Writer Yeo Ji Na (9 End 2 Outs, Man Who Can't Marry)

즐거운 나의집 (My Happy Home/Family) --- PD Oh Kyung Hoon (General Hospital 2, Triple, Soul, Cinderella Man), Writer Yoo Hyun Mi (Scales of Providence)

뿌리깊은 나무 (Deeply Rooted Tree) --- a Joseon dynasty King Sejong era sageuk drama dealing with murders at the Hall of Worthies. Writer Kim Young Hyun(Queen Seon Deok, Ballad of Seo Dong,HIT) and Park Sang Yeon (Queen Seondeok)

장난스런 키스 (Itazura Na Kiss/It Started With A Kiss) --- PD Hwang In Roi (Goong), Writer Go Eun Nim (Soul, Rebirth-NEXT). Definitely not for Hyuk :lol:

So...not much left to choose from for drama in the works.....Poseidon and Deeply Rooted Tree seem quite interesting.

Ocha Thanks for the translation and news! The Chinese forum said that there was posting on Daum about Hyuk going for the Poseidon show, but it was quickly taken down.

Yep I will look forward to him playing a office worker too, will be something new!

Hahatk - Thanks for the Bohae CF photos. (You not putting it onto Tieba?)

I laugh at the way he put his hands on the table as if he is preparing to made a big feast, knowing that he cant cook! hahaha

Jill - I think he got his tan from those UV beds. I wonder if they are damaging to his skin.

Oh the lucky Japanese fansssssssssssssss :P

Oh and I am so looking forward to my Seoul trip next Monday. Busy doing my research now. :P

Guest Jill4675

I think he got his tan from those UV beds. I wonder if they are damaging to his skin.

Oh the lucky Japanese fansssssssssssssss :P

Oh and I am so looking forward to my Seoul trip next Monday. Busy doing my research now. :P

OMG! Tanning beds are very dangerous! :o I hope it was a spray tan...those don't cause cancer! <_<

Yes, the Japanese fans are LUCKY!!! :lol:

Have a great time in Seoul and tell us all about it...photos, please!!! :D

sunglasses2.gif

Not sure if Hyukie got his tan from natural suntan, spray tan, tanning beds or combinations of all. Anyway, Chuno is over and I don't think Hyuk needs to be tan soon.

Heard about the Poseidon still auditioning for the male leads now ! A navy officer seems cool and attractive to me. I hope Hyuk will be doing a movie for his next job. But most important of all, he needs a break for himself and his family !

Never been to Korea and wish I could go there too. I hope qwenli will have a wonderful time and take many pics for us, especially Bong Bae-dong area :rolleyes: !

Guest Bebo

hi

I'm a Jang Hyuk new fan, I started watching korean drama about a year ago. I first saw JH in Tazza but I got completely crazyu about him since Chuno. :)

I wish he has a new drama soon,can't wait, I prefer korean drama much more than movies, don't know why but I noticed that alot of their movies are very slow iat the beginning, also the drama gives the chance to get to know the character very well and almost live with it.

I like his look more when he's tanned, maybe I just feel more familiar with tanned skin.

Guest o-cha

bebo: welcome to the thread! Glad you found us. JH is amazing in Chuno, isn't he? ;)

qwenli: oooh...don't forget to stalk! :lol: Who knows you might bump into Hyukie there. Have a good time in Korea.

Poseidon really sounds cool and now after Chuno, people can definitely see Hyuk as an action star.

EDIT: Just read that Kim Ha Eun, Oh Ji Ho, and Han Jung Soo will be in attendance at The Rice Ball Concert (charity concert for the poor) on the 19th in Seoul.

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=20...link=2&SVEC

The article says that Jang Hyuk and Lee Da Hae won't be able to attend since they'll be overseas on that day.

Hmmm.....where could Hyukie possibly go? I thought he's supposed to be back from Japan by then??

Photos from fans who attended the Japan events:

Photography is not allowed during the event, hence only some shots of sets taken.

Stage shot from Swenwang of Taiwan who attended the Tokyo event.

5539857320100607193510082.jpg

Souvenirs (not sure which ones are given, which one are purchased, I think more likely she bought them)

5539857320100607193416036_640.jpg

Hyuk signed a character of his real Chinese name Yong on the display posters. Unlike the usual Jang Hyuk that he signed. Influenced by his recent China stay? :D

553985732010060719343503_640.jpg

The Osaka event stage. So interesting! Becos its at the Universal Studio. This shot is from the dedicated Japanese fan Zoi, She wrote where she was seating.

08b1c817f4bdec35c93d6d93.jpg

Zoi's sketch (very cute) of what Hyuk was wearing, she described it as Daegil like!

951e2cf5877c1219bc310992.jpg

Translation from Mao of Tieba:

Hairstyle - similar to Men's health magazine, with two plaits

Necklace - shorter one with cross pendant, longer one with 2 heart shapes

Clothing - inner white, outer vest black

Rings - left hand 1, right hand 2, same as what he did in Tokyo

Belt - shining silver.

Guest Jill4675

A few other photos from his Japan trip:

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad212/q...2d2f11f3644.jpg

I ♥LOVE♥ this pic!

qwenli, thanks so much for all these pics...zoi's drawings are really cute! Thank you, zoi!!! :lol:

I cannot make out what the picture is on the little cell phone cleaner charms...the Japanese know how to put on a fan meeting!!! Fabulous!

sunglasses2.gif

Thanks to mizimao of Tieba who translated from Japanese to Chinese, following are some fan's write up after attending the events:

Tokyo fan's blog:

3 rings were worned,

Hyuk is tanned this time, with a wild feel

Due to continuous training, even though he is wearing a white shirt, the contours of his arm is still clear through the shirt

Lower part of body is very thin.

This time the jacket is a very dark blue close to black but the bottom is a slightly different colour.

Starting entrance is a suit with sports shoes, I thought why this combination? Then I realised is for performing jeet kune do.

The last time I attended the korea romantic festival, my seat was very far and I could only see Hyuk doing jeet kune do on screen, but this time I am very close and I can see Hyuk's facial expressions clearly.

During this fan meeting, my deepest impression was Hyuk saying he has never for once tried to give up being an actor.

He said: My father has a lot of overseas work, he is always not at home. So because my mum look rather lonely, I thought if I got married, I should be a office worker or school teacher, the kind of job that I can always be at home. But in the end, am an actor and become the same as my father! When I am not working, I do treasure the time spent with my family.

Two letters by fans were selected and read to Hyuk. Both letters were great, Hyuk look at their face intensely while listening and seems very happy. I didnt write anything. When the fans said they love the inner heart (personality?) of Hyuk, he was very delighted.

Finally, at the handshaking and phototaking segment, the organisers said only handshaking is allowed so although I prepared to say something to Hyuk, I just looked at his face and shook his hand. I was very attracted to Hyuk's eyes (sweat...)

I was at the side in the photoshoot last time, but this time I am right beside him! In the beginning I didnt wanted to attend, but because I wanted to meet my friend xx, hence I came. Thanks to the good luck of xx, I have a great memory.

Osaka fan - from Just JangHyuk's Zoi

I just reached home. Such a happy day. Although it always happens, after the event I still want to met, but I feel that this time, Hyuk is more pro active during events. After seeing Hyuk's gorgeous looks, now my eyes still have the glow of love. I don't recall much of the event. I better write it down now.

18:00 Start --

When will Hyuk appear? My heart is pounding.

I thought he will ride a motorbike for entrance, but he walked in! (the event is at Universal Studios' waterworld)

In terms of dressing, it is everyone's hope of singlet with vest!!

This is really Chuno's promotion, isnt this Daegil?

Holding Eonnyeon's photo, he walked around the stage like he was looking for her.

I like today's hairstyle too, very handsome.

His clothes is not revealing and was wearing shades. Overall it is very matching.

The conversation brought up abs, the emcee asked is there anyone who want to touch it?

I raised my hand really high, but they didnt see me.

Hyuk closed his eyes and whereever he point, the person can go on stage.

Although he didnt show his abs today, a pretty lady got the chance to touch his arm.

She said " very hard" after touching.

During phototaking, I was beside him so I touch his hands too. He got a shocked and looked at me.

The emcee said that Hyuk brought his trainng equipment to the dressing room too.

Actually he doesnt have to train when he attend his fan meeting, but I like that he does that.

But Hyuk say, comparing to the sculpting of the body, he is more concerned with toning his facial contours, hence he trained diligently. Seems like Hyuk put on weight easily.

Afterthat, they talked about Chuno, the appearance of Kim Min Jun is a surprised.

When Kim of Tazza appeared, there was lots of surprised screaming.

Min Jun is in Tokyo on the 4th and coincide with Hyuk's schedule, hence decided to make and appearance.

Min Jun is tanned and seems very used to such occasions. Left an happy and forthright impression

Both of them meet occasionally and although they donot chat for long, but still greet each other. They are good friends from the same province.

Today, Hyuk sang a song, live!

라디오 스타. (Radio suit? A 2006 korean movie song )

Becos he sang it in the Seoul fan meeting, so I have the cd and I sang along and felt very happy.

His low voice is very calming, Hyuk sang with much enthusiasm and has changed to a black suit.

With regards to interest, Hyuk would rather borrow money than borrow a dvd - a true dvd watching homebody. He has 4600 disc! There is also a yes and no answering segment, Hyuk was very cute at this time. And the segment of fan letters is also great, at this point, I am starting to be dazed.

This time, Hyuk stretch out his hand both entering and leaving the venue, I hold it a few times and feel really happy.

I tried very hard to pass him my present and Hyuk gave a "ei" surprised expression.

I used korean to tell him it is a present and he politely accepted it.

Today is like a dream, I got alot of happiness from Hyuk.

(The END)

Guest Jill4675

Wow! :o Kim Min Joon showed up at the Osaka event! thunk.gif Amazing... too bad I was in Osaka three weeks before that!!! :angry: Would have been nice to see two of my favorites at one event!!! :lol: Even if I didn't have a ticket, I would have figured out some way to get in!!! :rolleyes:

sunglasses2.gif

Guest o-cha

Jill: If you were still in Osaka...I think you'd be the one to storm the stage when Hyuk and KMJ were on stage and planted a big kiss for both of them :lol:

qwenli: please thank mizimao for translating to Chinese and thank YOU for translating to English. Gosh I love reading the fan acct....it is as if I was there. Kim Min Joon showed up..how cool!! And Dae Gil-ie holding Un Nyun's pic...gosh he really knows how to play up the romantic element of Chuno indeed. If only Da Hae could show up too :lol:

the Tokyo stage is really nice and the Osaka one..super cool..it's at WaterWorld!! Gosh must be a big production considering they have to rent out a space at Universal Studios.

And hmmm Hyuk's been learning Chinese I guess..so he's starting to write his name in Hanja...that's nice.

qwenli: the Tokyo stage is really nice and the Osaka one..super cool..it's at WaterWorld!! Gosh must be a big production considering they have to rent out a space at Universal Studios.

Ocha - Yeah, sure glizzy production! I think the tix wouldnt have been less than 100usd! :)

You know the Yonhap article that you translated? There is the last part where he said he has nothing? Someone in Tieba translated it as " Having nothing is also my strength and weakness". As in doesnt have a distinct individual style/being plain and hence easily styled. Now, I am really not sure why he think of himself that way!!

There is this video that I forgot to post. It was an interview of renren website sometime end May I think, but released about a week ago. He has learned to speak Chinese!

He sounded positively alien to me (hahaha) but most of the diction is quite clear.

renren video

What he said:

"dajiahao, woshi zhang he, laidao zhongguo wo hen kaixin"

Hello everyone, I am Jang Hyuk, very happy to come to China.

"renrenwang de fensi pengyou, wo ai nimen"

fans and friends of renren website, I love you all.

Although I can't go to the website everyday, but the notes that everyone leaves me give me strength.

This trip to China, I have a happy filming time with fans, the production crew and the China actors.

I find it meaningful to be doing this video recording leaving a message for renren website's fans.

00:38 - I will always be a hardworking actor

Hope everyone will come and visit the sidushq-kstar homepage.

Wishing everyone good health, really love you all. Thank you.

"xiexie, hen xiexie"

Thank you, Thank you very much.

(ps. the hen should hv been closer to hun but he pronounce it as hon, but well, still a great effort from him!) :P

I think he picked up alot of Mandarin in that almost 2 months stay!

Guest o-cha

some minor Hyuk news mostly from other people's article :lol:

From this article about Chae Rim's involvement in the Chinese AAE remake

http://www.clubcity.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=58662

Hyuk's role will be that of a TV PD. His name is Johnny Foo and described as having a tender yet passionate nature.

And this one from Yoon Ji Min's Strong Heart appearance

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201006090051131001

윤지민 “장혁에게 아기 기저귀 선물 받았다” 왜?

Yoon Ji Min "I've received a gift of baby diapers from Jang Hyuk" What's the reason?

[뉴스엔 김유경 기자] [Newsen Kim Yoo Kyung reporting]

배우 윤지민이 6월 8일 방송된 SBS '강심장'(진행 강호동 이승기)에서 장혁에게 받은 이색 선물에 대해 언급했다.

Yoon Ji Min noted on SBS Strong Heart on June 8th that she received a unique gift from Jang Hyuk.

윤지민은 "'추노'에 출연했었다"며 "처음 승마연습을 하러 간 날 너무 서먹서먹했다"고 털어놨다.

Yoon Ji Min said "It was during filming of 'Chuno'." "I was really awkward the first time I had horseriding practice."

윤지민은 "혁이 오빠가 나를 부르더니 '정이에요'라고 선물을 줬다"며 "선물을 열어봤더니 아기 기저귀가 있었다. 알고 보니 승마를 하면 엉덩이에 물집이 잡히고 피가 난다. 혁이 오빠가 특별히 나를 생각해 선물을 줬던 것이다"고 언급했다.

Yoon Ji Min said "Hyuk-ie oppa called me and said 'because I care about you' as he gave me a gift." "When I opened the present later on it was baby diapers. As it happened I've been riding horses and have gotten blisters and have started to bleed. Hyuk-ie oppa must have thought about me especially when he gave me tht gift."

What a unique gift :lol:. But it was considerate too so that at least she can use those diapers to pad her butt while riding. Hyuk is really 'unique'...I mean who would give baby diapers to a woman? :lol:

You know the Yonhap article that you translated? There is the last part where he said he has nothing? Someone in Tieba translated it as " Having nothing is also my strength and weakness". As in doesnt have a distinct individual style/being plain and hence easily styled. Now, I am really not sure why he think of himself that way!!

There is this video that I forgot to post. It was an interview of renren website sometime end May I think, but released about a week ago. He has learned to speak Chinese!

He sounded positively alien to me (hahaha) but most of the diction is quite clear.

renren video

Ahhhhhhh!! That makes sense now what he said about "Having nothing is also my strength and weakness". Having nothing like you said above means he can easily adapt to any kind of role not hindered by people's perception...yet also a weakness perhaps that people might not think of him right away since he's not that 'unique' in appearance.

Hyukie's mandarin is cute! hehehehhee....in all honesty it sounds better than his English..LOL.

Hyuk's role will be that of a TV PD. His name is Johnny Foo and described as having a tender yet passionate nature.

윤지민 “장혁에게 아기 기저귀 선물 받았다” 왜?

Yoon Ji Min "I've received a gift of baby diapers from Jang Hyuk" What's the reason?

Johnny Foo? Wow they got a glamourous translation of his name there!! so funny.. :D

The original name didnt sound nice in Chinese :D

Baby Diaper?? Oh man, I think he meant to give her a sanitary napkin but he couldnt ask his wife for one, so he just grab his baby's diaper and smuggle it in his working bag! ahahahahha.its so funny. hahahah. Thanks Ocha, for the article!

Guest o-cha

what's the character's name in Chinese?

Naaah...napkins wouldn't cut since her wounds are in the butt :lol:

Actually in one of the other articles YJM said Hyuk called her and shyly gave her the present. She's really touched by how considerate her is.

what's the character's name in Chinese?

Naaah...napkins wouldn't cut since her wounds are in the butt :lol:

Actually in one of the other articles YJM said Hyuk called her and shyly gave her the present. She's really touched by how considerate her is.

Oh man, if my colleague gave me a diaper, I will laugh till my tummy ache. ahhahaha

character chinese name is chen yi pu which really sounds like chen eat poo..............................I am sorry. :wacko:

Baby diapers?! Hyuk is really something of giving a woman baby diapers ! I guess you will appreciate him more and more when you get to know him better.

Did Yoon Ji Min ride any horses in Chuno ? How come I have no recollection of her riding horses ? She probably gave up horse riding since the baby diapers were not helping, because they didn't fit. Hyuk should have got her the adult diapers but not his son's! :P

Regarding Hyuk's Chinese is not much better than his English, but still very cute. He does sound like a foreigner when speaking Chinese. Dahae ssi is much more gifted when speaking Chinese and English.

I wonder if Hyuk will go to the Shanghai Film Fest or TV Drama Fest with Dahae ssi. Love to see them promoting Chuno together.

Did Yoon Ji Min ride any horses in Chuno ? How come I have no recollection of her riding horses ? She probably gave up horse riding since the baby diapers were not helping because they didn't fit. Hyuk should have got her the adult diapers but not his son's! :P

Regarding Hyuk's Chinese is not much better than his English, but still very cute. He does sound like a foreigner when speaking Chinese. Dahae ssi is much more gifted when speaking Chinese and English.

Poor ji min, she got hurt but nobody remember her riding a horse! hahah. I dun recall either, maybe one of the chasing scenes?

Dahae can speak English because she went to school in Sydney. I saw that in her profile. I think Ocha verify.

------------------------------------------

Now I think Hyuk is a real lady's man, recently the 2nd female lead of the Chinese drama - Cheryl Yang was interviewed (see her photo below) and she said unlike her previous co-star Ethan Ruan who treat her like a boy, Hyuk made her feel like a woman/lady. He said she is so nice that she seems like an angel. And once when he met her, he asked "where are your wings?" :D

He also praised her, saying something like " your eyes is beautiful, your eyelashes is beautiful". Now,now, I am rediscovering Hyuk could be an closet flirt? hahaha :D

551523112010060910331306.jpg