phewwww...still feeling the after effect of Tazza ep 3...don't think I can sleep yet..but not sure if I can write anything coherent enough..so though I'll post some news on our Hyuk. I'll try to translate tomorrow if I have time but basically people are enjoying Jang Hyuk's performance as Goni.

EDIT: Translated. As always please correct my translation if I make any mistakes

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=167942

장혁, 능청스런 고니로 ‘재탄생’ 시청자들 호평

Jang Hyuk 'Rebirth' Through The Bratty Goni, Favorable Criticism by Viewers

5-(9).jpg

SBS 수목드라마 ‘타짜’의 장혁이 능청스러우면서도 카리스마 넘치는 고니를 새롭게 재탄생시켜 호평이 이어지고 있다.

Jang Hyuk is 'reborn' and drawing praises from viewers for his portrayal of the charismatic and full of guile Goni.

‘타짜’ 주인공 고니 역을 맡은 장혁이 능청맞고 익살스런 개구쟁이의 모습부터 카리스마 넘치는 부산 사나이로 강렬한 눈빛연기와 거친 액션연기를 능수능란하게 선보이며 코믹과 카리스마를 오가는 열연으로 시청자들로부터 찬사가 쏟아져 나오고 있는 것.

As the hero Goni in 'Tazza' Jang Hyuk has shown the public his acting. From the likeable brat to the charismatic Pusan man, acting with his intense eyes, his action scenes, and through his comedic and charismatic passionate performances, praises for Jang Hyuk have been pouring from the viewers.

지난 23일 방송된 ‘타짜’ 3회 차에서 장혁은 처음으로 화투 패를 잡는 모습이 방송되며 시청자들의 이목을 집중시켰다.

During Tazza episode 3 broadcast on the 23rd viewers watched with much interest Jang Hyuk picking up hwatu cards for the first time.

절친한 영민(김민준)의 할머니 수술비를 벌고자 처음 하우스를 찾은 장혁은 떨리는 마음을 숨긴 채 언제 그랬냐는 듯 능청맞고 껄렁한 고니의 모습을 익살스럽게 연출했다.

In order to help his best friend Young Min (Kim Min Joon) get money for his grandmother's operation, (viewers) saw Jang Hyuk as Goni seeking 'The House' trying to hide the fear in his heart.

또 친구인 영민과의 진한 우정을 아름답고 애틋하게 선보이며 시청자들의 마음을 뭉클하게 적셨다는 후문.

His friendship with Young Min was beautiful and heartfelt; it really touched the viewers' hearts.

이에 시청자들은 방송 후 “역시 장혁이란 말이 어울린다. 능청맞으면서도 카리스마 넘치는 고니를 탁월하게 선보여 감탄이 절로 나온다”, “영화 ‘타짜’와 색다른 장혁만의 고니가 신선하다”, “능수능란한 ‘타짜’로 성장해 펼칠 흥미진진한 이야기가 벌써부터 너무 기대된다.” 등 장혁의 열연에 호평을 쏟아내며 드라마 '타짜'에 긍정적인 반응을 보이고 있다.

After the broadcast of the episode viewers said "Jang Hyuk really matches (his character). His bratty but charismatic Goni is admirable." Other said "It's refreshing to see Jang Hyuk's Goni different from the Tazza movie." Some other viewers said "I'm really looking forward to his growth throught 'Tazza'". All displayed positive reactions to Jang Hyuk's passionate performance in 'Tazza'.

한편, ‘타짜’ 3회 마지막 분에서 고니가 부산을 떠나 서울로 상경하는 모습과 영민이 아귀의 차를 타고 서울로 향하는 모습, 난숙(한예슬)이 계동춘 패거리들에 의해 봉고에 실려가는 모습이 엇갈리게 비춰지며 새로운 국면을 예고하고 있어 기대가 고조되고 있다.

Meanwhile in the last minute of 'Tazza' episode 3 we see Goni leaving Pusan for Seoul, Young Min getting into A-Gui's car heading towards Seoul, and Nan Sook (Han Ye Seul) being sold in a contract to Kye Dong Choon as a preview of the situation to come in the future culminating the wait (for next episodes).

<황보현 기자 hbh@asiatoday.co.kr>

<Hwang Bo Hyeon reporting hbh@asiatoday.co.kr>

Phew...finally finished translating the article...ehmmmm I didn't understand some parts so I probably made some errors.... :sweatingbullets:

I'm glad that people are FINALLY recognizing Jang Hyuk's acting. I can say those viewers must not have watched Robbers. Had they watched Robbers they'd have known what a great actor he is. In any case....Hyuk is finally recognized by the masses as a very capable actor. I'm proud of him.

Guest Jill4675

Phew...finally finished translating the article...ehmmmm I didn't understand some parts so I probably made some errors.... :sweatingbullets:

I'm glad that people are FINALLY recognizing Jang Hyuk's acting. I can say those viewers must not have watched Robbers. Had they watched Robbers they'd have known what a great actor he is. In any case....Hyuk is finally recognized by the masses as a very capable actor. I'm proud of him.

Thanks so much for that translation! I hope it is based in reality and not prompted by a press release from SIDUS!!! :o Seriously, I couldn't agree with you more (as you know ;)) and I too am so proud of JH for continuing to deliver over and above what the script demands...I am expecting some great scenes to come in Tazza! The real story should begin now that we have the background in place!!! woot.gif

sunglasses2.gif

hey jill *waves*

as always, thanks o-cha for the translations. Ive watched epi 2 only last night. i think it was worth watching, the figting scene and running around in the middle of the traffic and jumping off the bridge..great scene indeed.

credit nani for clear caps

image1976675.png

image1440803.jpg

image4718376.jpg

image4370072.jpg

image7908975.jpg

image4102361.png

image5639670.jpg

image5625469.png

image4596994.jpg

image6904040.jpg

image6554815.jpg

image8120230.jpg

gifs

image5784841.gif

image9904207.gif

credits:cururu.jp

thanks cholo! He is so adorable as young Goni,isn't he? He makes Goni into this loveable character.

the gif of him putting the hwatu card on his forehead --- cute cute cute!

SSBG

ssbgft2.jpg

image3158470.png

credits:nani/cururu.jp

o-cha,

Actually I was talking about this scene, Goni looking up NanSook dancing on the stage... hehe...

thanks for sharing the SSBG screencap. It is much easir to compare the two scenes.

The moment when Han Gi Tae looked mesmerized by YangSooni (JNR) was the first time I thought Han GiTae is so adorable in SSBG. ;)

Thanks for the article. Hope more people recognize his splendid acting!

cholo,

thanks for sharing the screencaps and gifs. Oh...I simply love this guy!!!!!! :w00t: :blush: :w00t:

I hope it is based in reality and not prompted by a press release from SIDUS!!! :o Seriously, I couldn't agree with you more (as you know ;)) and I too am so proud of JH for continuing to deliver over and above what the script demands...I am expecting some great scenes to come in Tazza! The real story should begin now that we have the background in place!!! woot.gif

I hope so too. When I went to the offical hompage, I found more people expressed how impressive his acting is. They appraised his portrayal of young Goni as so realistic, detailed and subtle. Some viewers still see his acting a bit overacted, but i see their comments are based on their preconception of Goni (what Goni should be like) mostly influenced by the movie version of Goni. The real challenge for Jang Hyuk is to change those people's reaction more positive about his Goni. So, as you all said, I am really proud of him taking this challenge. :P

thanks cholo! He is so adorable as young Goni,isn't he? He makes Goni into this loveable character.

the gif of him putting the hwatu card on his forehead --- cute cute cute!

....themoticons.jpg such a adorable character to be loved :) and one very good actor. i just loved him..

Thanks for the article. Hope more people recognize his splendid acting!

cholo,

thanks for sharing the screencaps and gifs. Oh...I simply love this guy!!!!!! :w00t: :blush: :w00t:

agree with you wils, this man can portray any role will be given to him and im so proud of him.

image2712728.jpg

image2016134.jpg

cant get enough of him...

image7144341.jpg

image4800556.png

image9863176.gif

image5050430.gif

image7769954.jpg

image7223423.jpg

image8924201.jpg

major coolness.. :w00t::w00t:

image6077098.jpg

image5604560.gifthsmile.jpg

image4271327.jpg

image4725384.jpg

image9890695.jpg

image8866243.jpg

image8174862.gif

credits:nani/myhome.cururu

Many thanks cholo for those pics. The gif of Goni praying before playing a card is so hilarious. :w00t:

I got some big file screencaps from Hyuk's fan cafe. Some of them seem posted before, but I dont worry about it because I know you won't get tired of them.

snapshotj20080923wl6.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230001em1.th.jpgsnapshotj200809230035us7.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230005xa7.th.jpgthpix.gif

snapshotj200809230007bi3.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230014yn5.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230015wm7.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230018id3.th.jpgthpix.gif

snapshotj200809230021mx7.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230012rr5.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230024vy9.th.jpgthpix.gifsnapshotj200809230064xy0.th.jpgthpix.gif

credit: hyuggi-saranghae (@bitzang)

Jill, I see your new Tazza banners. They are awesome! *claps*

Guest Jill4675

Many thanks cholo for those pics. The gif of Goni praying before playing a card is so hilarious. :w00t:

I got some big file screencaps from Hyuk's fan cafe. Some of them seem posted before, but I dont worry about it because I know you won't get tired of them.

Jill, I see your new Tazza banners. They are awesome! *claps*

LOL, Wils, thank you for the kind words! I could never get tired of making banners using JH!!! And thanks for the caps: as you say, we won't get tired of looking at them!! :wub:

Cholo, you are an endless source of great caps and gifs!! Thanks soooooo much to you (and Nani)...these are really some great pics!!! woot.gif

sunglasses2.gif

wils : aaaaahh...that scene. Then yes...Goni looks like Gi Tae...except that in that particular scene 31 year old Hyuk looks younger than the 25 year old Hyuk :lol:. Actually I looove that screencap by nani..he looks a little bit 'different' but oh so handsome...gaaaaaahhhh. Adn thans for posting those caps...I'm saving them right now.

cholo :Hyuk in shades ~~~*dies*~~ Komapsumnida....

.. in that particular scene 31 year old Hyuk looks younger than the 25 year old Hyuk :lol:. Actually I looove that screencap by nani..he looks a little bit 'different' but oh so handsome...gaaaaaahhhh. Adn thans for posting those caps...I'm saving them right now.

cholo :Hyuk in shades ~~~*dies*~~ Komapsumnida....

Haha..That's absolutely true. "31 year old Hyuk looks younger than the 25 year old Hyuk" :w00t:

In the close up shots of Goni in the library, oh..I was stilled by his eyes, that brown eyes Bomi of Thank You praised. :blush:

Guest Jill4675

Haha..That's absolutely true. "31 year old Hyuk looks younger than the 25 year old Hyuk" :w00t:

In the close up shots of Goni in the library, oh..I was stilled by his eyes, that brown eyes Bomi of Thank You praised. :blush:

:lol:, Wills, I keep saying it...the eyes!! thunk.gif;)

o-cha, yeah, the shades pic... doa.gif

sunglasses2.gif

OMG... thnx for all the wonderful screen caps of Hyuk... I can't believe it that at his age... he can still play a high school kid and he fits right in... I bet it's been a while for him since he played a high school kid.

Guest Jill4675

:o Where was I when this was announced?!!! I guess I'm not very well informed!!! I just noticed it mentioned on Drama Wiki...I would LOVE to see this movie when it comes out! Not sure how, though. I did see Secret Sunshine at a mini Korean film festival earlier this year. I see the director of this forthcoming film worked with Lee Chang-Dong on Secret Sunshine. Actually Lee Chang-Dong was present at the screening I attended.

Jang Hyuk set to star in “Penthouse Elephant”

Can anyone tell me any more info?

sunglasses2.gif

OMG... thnx for all the wonderful screen caps of Hyuk... I can't believe it that at his age... he can still play a high school kid and he fits right in... I bet it's been a while for him since he played a high school kid.

keke....we should enjoy this moment to the most since we won't have another chance to see him playing this cute school boy. He said he was very embarrassed about playing a high school boy. He tried to disguise his age with costumes but could not do anything about the wrinkles around eyes, he said in an interview. :blush: But other than the appearance, he is just a high school boy in Tazza. I love young Goni!

:o Where was I when this was announced?!!! I guess I'm not very well informed!!! I just noticed it mentioned on Drama Wiki...I would LOVE to see this movie when it comes out! Not sure how, though. I did see Secret Sunshine at a mini Korean film festival earlier this year. I see the director of this forthcoming film worked with Lee Chang-Dong on Secret Sunshine. Actually Lee Chang-Dong was present at the screening I attended.

Jang Hyuk set to star in “Penthouse Elephant”

Can anyone tell me any more info?

sunglasses2.gif

I see your new banners again! I agree with you, he is a permanent source of inspiration!!! :w00t:

Yes, that's my question. Where were you??? :lol: Here is the link to the movie thread.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220251

There is not much information on this movie yet even over there. But you will find some news article about the movie. I am also very excited about this movie since this is the first korean movie he will act after his military service. The background of the director is quite interesting. He did not study film at all. He went to U of Chicago for economics and studies public administration for master degree at harvard. I wasn't sure if the assistant director of Secret Sunshine was him until you confirmed it now. Good to hear that he worked with Lee Chang Dong, one of my favorite directors. :w00t:

Guest Jill4675

Yes, that's my question. Where were you??? :lol: Here is the link to the movie thread.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=220251

...Good to hear that he worked with Lee Chang Dong, one of my favorite directors. :w00t:

Wils, thanks a million for the link!...yes, Lee Chang Dong makes some unusual films...Secret Sunshine was very good...have you seen Oasis? When I went to see Secret Sunshine, I didn't realize he had done both films!

Here is another work in progress:

sig7.jpg

sunglasses2.gif

Wils, thanks a million for the link!...yes, Lee Chang Dong makes some unusual films...Secret Sunshine was very good...have you seen Oasis? When I went to see Secret Sunshine, I didn't realize he had done both films!

Here is another work in progress:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/Jil...20Hyuk/sig7.jpg

You're welcome, Jill. I saw his films, Green Fish and Oasis, but not Secret Sunshine yet. Hopefully I will watch it soon.

Oh...you're killing me. Thanks for bringing shirtless Hyuk back..it's been a while since i saw his six pack. :w00t:

Your artwork is awesome as always.