Guest malia

malia onni... hope you'll see this.

i'm just as happy as you... you found your way here to express your inner feelings towards your boylet, jang hyuk!!!

you go gerl! is that java pic as your avatar?

Rossie!!...ye, here I am...and guess who I have to thank for the introduction to this great site and all the great thoughts and outpouring of love and support for all things K-drama and the many great entertainers such as Jang Hyuk...YOU!!! Without you, I would be so lost and still in the dark...komapsumnida, chingu! I had been lurking and in the background for so long...then I read a beautiful posting about Jang Hyuk by O-cha and I could not hold back anymore. I still mostly lurk because I totally enjoy just reading all the wonderful comments posted in support of Jang Hyuk but once in awhile, something touches my heart..... :) and there's no holding back. Yes, it's Java...the doggler..heehee. Saranghae, dongsaeng! ;)

P.S. Btw, cause of you, I also found my way to SJS's thread, JHJ's thread and of course those of your boylets!!! And it's

all so wonderful! ;)

Guest Ender's Girl

Ten millions of Wow! Ender's Girl, I love all your words. Nicely put, ma'am! I wish I have that ability to express how I feel for JH as you do. I also like the way you categorize his second stage of acting career as JANG HYUK 2.0. I believe there would be JANG HYUK 3.0 and more since he is such an enthusiastic and hardworking actor. It's been nice to be a fan of such an actor. Frankly speaking, I love all the dramas and movies he engaged in although they were differenly received among audiences. I turst in his ability to pick up wll-written scripts. He has a knack for choosing right ones for himself. Or maybe he knows how to convert charactors to the ones most fittable to him..hehehe... Of course that would not necessarily go with high ratings or popularity, but I have been enthrilled by his charactors thus far. I am not sure if he can be called as an charactor actor. I mean he seems willing to disappear into each role he plays. Hope he attains a certan level of public acknowledgment of his talent and starship (as an A-actor), so he can have more leeway to move in relationship with his management company. :P

And yes, Thank You is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful drama! That is the one that brought my heart for JH back. Robbers makes me love him even more. I look forward to hearing how you see and read Robbers.

I have a slightly different take on one of my favorite actors. I don't think he is merely acting a role in the movie/drama. I think what we're seeing is his ability to actually become the character. This isn't simply acting. This is a total immersion of himself into the persona of the character.

As a result, his acting is so powerful that it pulls us, viewers, into the character. He is truly an amazing actor. I look forward to his future projects.

Hey Wils & Auntie Mame! I totally agree with you! Jang Hyuk (especially in his Thank You and Robbers roles) makes acting look so freaking effortless. I just finished Robbers last week, and until now I still have trouble scraping my jaw off the floor: among all the roles he's played, Jang Hyuk's portrayal of Kwon Oh-joon was his tour de force, in more ways than his Min Gi-seo was. Not many other actors of his generation have owned their character the way JH did in Robbers. ;) He plays his characters with rare depth and intelligence. For this, and for his darn good looks, he definitely deserves a spot on the A-list! :w00t:

Hey Wils, thanks especially for the photo montage! So our man’s finally gone clean-shaven, eh? Like EnDlEsS88, I kinda miss the stash, but on the other hand this new style makes him look a lot more fresh and youthful, so I really dig it, too! And, it goes well with the light grey shirt and off-white blazer! He’s rockin’ the look!!! :w00t:

Thanks to all those (Shirley, O-cha, Amaryllis, Azura, Cholo, Cutiepie, Hohomania, Jinkzzmec, Aug05, etc.) who posted the interviews, clips, pics and promotional updates on DotD!!! I don't know when the film will reach us here in Manila but I really am looking forward to it. I hope the term “international release” includes the whole of SE Asia as well. His efforts at English in the trailer (and interviews) were rather... amusing, lol! Good try, good try... Hehe. :P But at least he's being honest about wanting to really learn the language. If he applies the same tenacity and diligence he did in acting to learning English, he'll be speaking like a native in no time! Or better yet, why doesn't he come over to Manila and I'll give him private lessons... for free!!! :w00t: Just leave The Wife and The Infant in Korea, lol! You can't learn a new language with a nagging wife and a squalling baby in the background, hmph. :lol:

【2008/04/25 KBS Global】 Jang Hyuk Makes Cameo Appearance in Japanese Drama

080423_ent_1.jpg

Actor Jang Hyuk has surprised his fans by making a cameo appearance in the brand new Japanese drama series entitled "My Sassy Girlfriend," a remake of a Korean film by the same title.

Jang appeared in the first episode of the drama series, which was aired on Japan's TBS on April 20, with Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and Lena Tanaka.

Jang took on the role of Korean Hallyu star "Jang Hyuk" who appears in the dreams of Kusanagi and Tanaka. Taking revenge on Kusanagi for attacking his younger brother, he aims a gun at his enemy inside a warehouse located at a construction site.

Jang's management agency SidusHQ said the actor was able to get the role after he appeared as a guest on the "Tsuyoshi Kusanagi 2" talk show on Fuji TV on February 8. The director of the show reportedly added new scenes for Jang that were not included in the original script.

After shooting the episode, Kusanagi, a member of the popular boy band SMAP, said he had fun working with Jang, whom he described as a down-to-earth and thoughtful gentleman who had a great talent for action scenes.

Jang is quickly becoming a star in Japan through the Korean films "Windstruck" and "Whasango" and the drama series

"Thank You," which he starred in.

Guest malia

i too agree that his english is cute and he is trying so hard that it touches my heart. his words are being spoken

with heartfelt effort and so i say to jang hyuk ssi, "BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO..i feel your heart and i understand

your words!"

i am so glad that john radel made the comment that jang hyuk is akin to the late great american actor james dean. i have always thought this, from my very first moment of jang hyuk viewing...i felt the same persona, same cute bad boy, rebellious, slouchy attitude that james dean exuded when he was alive. james dean had a natural talent that jang hyuk also possess. i know that james dean is looking down on jang hyuk, smiling and feeling honored to have someone of jang hyuk's caliber compared to him. OMGSH..i cannot get enough of this deep talent and soulful eyes, pouty mouth that is jang hyuk...he is simply the best! thank you all for sharing so much info about our special guy!!

Guest lilyrose

There are so many goodies in this thread that I don't know where to start my oohs and aahs and I also don't know where to start thanking everyone for filling the threads. So I will just focus on Dragon. My, oh, my, that looks to be one sensual movie. Hyuk's body is insane. Those bi- and triceps are insane. Those abs are insane. :blush: I like what he said about how he felt the director's emotions for what he needed to do, because his English was not as good then. What a great comment. Really, I wish more people had watched Robbers, just so they could see how great a actor he is. I am glad that multinational movie ventures considered him because those roles tend to go to big name, highly processed (not in a bad way) actors like Kimura or LBH or Jet Li. So the fact that a relatively unknown actor, in terms of the international market, got this role says a lot about Hyuk. All that said, I will watch this movie only for the plot. And by plot I mean Hyuk :blush: . About his English; I was not expecting it to be so good! I could never pick up a language just like that, enough to respond to press questions.

Guest o-cha

O-cha, so today is his birthday! Happy Birthday, Kim Jong Kook!!! I guess he will be discharged from the military service soon, right?

wils ...yuuup...next month!

Thanks Amaryllis for the articles and everyone else for the pics,etc.

So I was curious and checked out the showtimes for DOTD in S'pore (haha as if I could actually watch it :lol)....I guess it hasn't gone wide release yet there? I guess last week was just advance screening/premiere then? Anywhooo all Hyuk Singapore fans please tell us what you think of Hyuk's performance in DOTD once you see it.

Guest malia

wils ...yuuup...next month!

Thanks Amaryllis for the articles and everyone else for the pics,etc.

So I was curious and checked out the showtimes for DOTD in S'pore (haha as if I could actually watch it :lol)....I guess it hasn't gone wide release yet there? I guess last week was just advance screening/premiere then? Anywhooo all Hyuk Singapore fans please tell us what you think of Hyuk's performance in DOTD once you see it.

o-cha! oh my, another military release who will be better and improved if that's possible. so many of those who have served in the korean army have come out with a new sense of maturity, determination in continuing their climb in their careers in awesome ways...not to mention their great bodies!! i am sure kim jong kook will be no different than jang hyuk, so ji sup to mention a couple. :blush:

Guest o-cha

thanks Amaryllis!

I'm so proud of Hyuk...especially considering he's only started learning English since 2006. That's very brave of him to push himself to learn English and even take an English speaking role.

【2008/5/5 自由電子報】 張赫來台密會Elva 見面就上激情戲

24.jpg

■張赫來台陣仗大身邊都有一大群工作人員陪同。

25.jpg

■Elva請到張赫跨刀拍MV顯見她進軍電影的企圖心。本報資料照

26.jpg

■南韓天王張赫來台為Elva跨刀拍MV有教皮拉提斯的女友指導胸肌練得很「壯」觀。圖文記者趙世勳

記者劉衛莉、游弘祺台北報導

南韓當紅天王張赫昨天秘密來台被本報記者撞個正著經多方查證後確定他悄悄來為小天后「Elva」蕭亞軒的新歌MV助陣演出這是繼蔡依林與金載沅拍攝「特務J」MV之後又一個極具話題性的跨國合作。

帶助理等9人陪同伺候

張赫不是第一次來台但這次身價與之前為宣傳「我的野蠻女友2─蠻風再現」而來已大不相同。去年底他以電視劇「謝謝」在南韓紅翻天還入圍南韓NBC演技大獎前陣子他剛與新加坡女星范文芳拍完電影「龍舞」將是他進軍好萊塢的力作。昨天他們一行10人聲勢浩大的抵台隨即住進台北國聯飯店略為梳洗休息後又大陣仗的步出飯店才知他們是步行前往附近的EMI唱片開會。

與Elva有親熱對手戲

據了解張赫這次會成為Elva的「第一男主角」全是因MV導演陳正道的推薦。擅長執導劇情式MV的陳正道為Elva設計了一個劇本陳正道又看過張赫演的戲認為他就是最佳人選。

昨天開會Elva並沒有到場但MV這兩天就要開拍天王天后必須到拍片現場才會相見但聽說兩人有許多親蜜感情戲也考驗他們是否能夠馬上進入狀況。6年前Elva請來吳彥祖拍完「他和她的故事」MV之後一直沒有再找知名星男為MV跨刀這次請動張赫顯見唱片公司對她的重視也透露出唱片公司在為Elva演電影鋪路。

6月新郎 好身材引側目

6月將與女友辦婚宴的張赫結實挺拔的好身材引起女性路人的注意。Elva經紀人陳香君被問到此事非常訝異「這是機密怎麼被發現了。」但對相關細節堅持不願多說談到張赫酬勞她更是閃躲「友情贊助啦」張赫打算停留幾天陳香君也不說若以3天2夜的行程來算他們一行包括髮型化妝、翻譯等人的機票住宿最起碼的開銷3、40萬是跑不掉的。

昨天Elva沒去接張赫反而出現在好姐妹江美琪演唱會彩排上帶著人蔘等禮物去探班還鼓勵江美琪演出時穿辣一點將32D、26、34的好身材展現出來。

An interview with 8 Days- a local Singapore English weekly. Its hilarious. Gianni Jang! - I like that. His frankness is heartwarming.

JangHyuk_8DaysinterviewPg1.jpg

Jang Hyuk 8 Days interview Page 1

Janghyuk_8DaysinterviewPg2.jpg

Jang Hyuk 8 Days interview Page 2

I really don't know how to make the pictures appear on the forum, :sweatingbullets: so please click to the links. If some kind soul can teach me how to, I'll be most be thankful!

EDITED: THANKS WILLS, DID IT! :)

Guest wils

Amaryllis, thank you for the interview article of Strait Times. His interview is always fun to read. And thank you for the second one too, which i wonder what is about... Is anyone out there who can translate it to english? thanks in advance!

Cutiepie, thank you for the video clip! I didn't know a Korean broadcasting company sent a reporter to Singapore to report about him and the world premiere of DOTD. Good! I also enjoyed the video a lot. He looks so comfy. Good! How great the little baby has that caring, hottie dad!

Aida Ladida, Thanks for the interview pics. It was so much fun fun fun as JH mentioned!

As for the way to make the pics appear on the forum, you put the image's url address between -img- and -/img-.

(I used "- -" for "[ ]" because the forum code does not allow the use of [ ] with the word "img" inside. I guess this may confuse you...I guess someone can better explain it. Sorry...)

Guest o-cha

aida_ladida : thanks for the interview. That was hilarious..Gianni Jang :lol: and bwahahaha he knows he has a nice body hahaha.

Amaryllis : what is the article about? I don't understand Chinese :mellow:

Guest wils

One thing I forgot to say. I am against the idea of choosing Gianni (I don't think he actually does it though ;) )because that is too similar to Jianna which is Jun JiHyeon's english name. Nothing's wrong with the close spelling, but i know people (particularly ppl in Korea) will joke about it for ever. :blink::w00t:

Please stay as Hyuk! We love your name!!!

【2008/5/6 自由電子報】 張赫情 Elva笑彎腰 4眼互電 NG...NG...又NG

22.jpg

■蕭亞軒與南韓帥哥張赫含情拍MV。記者葛斯齊、陳俊融攝

23.jpg

張赫含情看Elva

24.jpg

Elva笑彎腰

25.jpg

■蕭亞軒與南韓帥哥張赫含情拍MV頻頻笑場NG天后偷空還紅著臉跟張赫說「SORRY」

記者葛斯齊、陳俊融攝

記者葛斯齊、陳俊融、林佳宏台北報導

台灣小天后「Elva」蕭亞軒的電眼一與南韓當紅明星張赫對上就...一笑不可收拾

張赫拎著皮箱步出咖啡廳Elva傷心欲絕地追了出來叫住張赫兩人在咖啡廳門口原本應該是一場難分難捨的戲但每當張赫深情款款看著Elva時Elva就忍不住爆笑出聲而且是笑個不停只見她不好意思地笑彎了腰光是她追出來攔下張赫的片段就NG數十次就連張赫最後都忍不住看著Elva傻笑也因為Elva一笑場就害羞地轉身想跑張赫反而去追Elva一度把浪漫的劇情演成了爆笑劇。

休息空檔時Elva不好意思地主動上前跟拿著熱咖啡的張赫連說了好幾次「sorry」

【2008/5/6 中時電子報】 張前進好萊塢6月補辦婚宴

更新日期:2008/05/06 04:33 李雨勳綜合報導

3145652301.jpg

張赫2002年以韓劇《開朗少女成功記》爆紅大、小銀幕通吃然而當紅之際卻發生逃兵醜聞星途受挫。退伍後他去年以連續劇《謝謝》復出在一片不看好中收視卻一舉稱霸目前他剛拍完跨國電影《龍吻》演藝觸角伸向海外。

外形酷帥的張赫跟全智賢同屬一家經紀公司兩人交情好到傳過緋聞但當事人都否認。去年底他閃電宣布與自己的瑜伽老師結婚他說對方在他最失意時仍不離不棄讓他很感動。年初他喜獲麟兒升格當爸爸兩人預定月補辦婚禮、擺宴請客。

他宣布婚訊不久新戲《不漢黨》隨即上檔收視差強人意但他不灰心又接下好萊塢電影《龍吻》與范文芳、傑森史考特李等人合作。

南韓當紅天王張赫昨天秘密來台被本報記者撞個正著經多方查證後確定他悄悄來為小天后「Elva」蕭亞軒的新歌MV助陣演出這是繼蔡依林與金載沅拍攝「特務J」MV之後又一個極具話題性的跨國合作。

Very brief ones....JH has gone to Taiwan for MV shooting, sung by Elva.