Guest muffine

muffine : here's Jang Hyuk in Model. He played one of the models. There's So Ji Sub too.

Thanks! Yeah, I remember him now. He had a very small role and strange hairstyle (actually they all had strange hairstyle lol except Jang Dong Gun, my favorite actor).

He sure did a great performance in Robbers. I'm glad he's heading for hollywood :)

Guest o-cha

Jill4675 : how should I share my sorrow over Robbers ending already? I don't know...I just know that I feel there is something missing in my life now...no more anxiously waiting for Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's like I'm losing a friend or something....

I have to say this over and over again...Jang Hyuk is one GREAT...no..not just great..he is one BRILLIANT, TALENTED, WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS actor. I was impressed with his past performance in Thank You...but his performance in Robbers totally blew me away. I couldn't believe my eyes at how much better he has become. I could hardly believe that this was the same guy who acted in Bright Girl's Success Story. How was he able to transform himself into this character actor? I was utterly impressed...left almost speechless at his flawless acting as Kwon Oh Joon in Robbers.

I admit I liked him from Thank You because I thought he was handsome and a pretty good actor. Now I can say that I like him because he is a GREAT actor as well as being handsome....my views of him have definitely shifted.

Now back to Jang Hyuk as Kwon Oh Joon in Robbers. I am convinced that there is no one else that can play that character besides Jang Hyuk. He managed to bring so much depth and emotions into what could have been a one-dimensional character. I have never been impressed with any actors in any K-drama as much as I am impressed with JH. I wish Robbers would never end so that I can enjoy his brilliant portrayal as Oh Joon forever. I know once Robbers is out on DVD (It better be released on DVD!) it will be one of the dramas that I will treasure in my collection.

Heck yeaaah...I hope JH will get another 'meaty' role like Robbers ASAP.

Guest malia

Jill4675 : how should I share my sorrow over Robbers ending already? I don't know...I just know that I feel there is something missing in my life now...no more anxiously waiting for Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's like I'm losing a friend or something....

I have to say this over and over again...Jang Hyuk is one GREAT...no..not just great..he is one BRILLIANT, TALENTED, WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS actor. I was impressed with his past performance in Thank You...but his performance in Robbers totally blew me away. I couldn't believe my eyes at how much better he has become. I could hardly believe that this was the same guy who acted in Bright Girl's Success Story. How was he able to transform himself into this character actor? I was utterly impressed...left almost speechless at his flawless acting as Kwon Oh Joon in Robbers.

I admit I liked him from Thank You because I thought he was handsome and a pretty good actor. Now I can say that I like him because he is a GREAT actor as well as being handsome....my views of him have definitely shifted.

Now back to Jang Hyuk as Kwon Oh Joon in Robbers. I am convinced that there is no one else that can play that character besides Jang Hyuk. He managed to bring so much depth and emotions into what could have been a one-dimensional character. I have never been impressed with any actors in any K-drama as much as I am impressed with JH. I wish Robbers would never end so that I can enjoy his brilliant portrayal as Oh Joon forever. I know once Robbers is out on DVD (It better be released on DVD!) it will be one of the dramas that I will treasure in my collection.

O-cha..heck yeah, I too am hoping and praying for another meaty role like Robbers for Jang Hyuk ssi, ASAP!! I have never posted here before as I have been very contented being behind the scenes just enjoying all the discussions regarding Jang Hyuk, Robbers and Thank you....until I read your awesome

post regarding this very awesome man. I totally agree with your words, O-cha: "Jang Hyuk is one GREAT...no..not just great..he is one BRILLIANT, TALENTED, WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS actor". I believe that Jang Hyuk is a very underrated artist and "artist" he is...he is a true credit to his art. No longer is he merely a handsome good looking man, no longer is he just a beautiful well toned body, no longer is he just the man with the pouty rebellious beautiful mouth, no longer is he just the man with the slouchy, shy rebellious "James Dean" attitude that has followed him for most of his acting career...the butterfly, no the beautiful condor has emerged, to soar to great heights and proven to all of us that he is worthy of a good second look.

I for one am honored to be in this world at the same time as Jang Hyuk...because of him, my days are brighter and it is a "beautiful world". Jang Hyuk has grown in leaps and bounds and I have found that he has this way of connecting, his beautiful spirit enters the heart, curls up in a corner and remains there to bring joy and unsurpassed talent. I know now that this is an artist that performs with his eyes, with every part of his body, with every emotion imagineable and it is my greatest wish that those who have not encountered his great talent and extreme dedication will make it a special point to walk towards the path he has taken and discover that Jang Hyuk ssi has a way of making a drama even more dramatic and absolutely beautiful. And as you said, O-cha, he has a way of bringing depth to his characters and allowing the viewer to experience many dimensions of what could easily be a flat character. This is the true mark of a great and deep entertainer and Jang Hyuk ssi has proven to all of us that he is a very capable performer, no, not just capable but extremely gifted with talent that is inbred and inherent.

Bravo, Jang Hyuk ssi, you are the best, Kamsahamnida, Jang Hyuk ssi, you bring joy to my life, FIGHTING, Jang Hyuk ssi, go forward in strength and your supporters, such as O-cha, Malia and may others will walk with you every step of the way, holding your hands, celebrating with you when the going is good and lifting you up, wrapping our arms around you when the going is tough...because you are absolutely worth it and because you bring so much beauty into our lives and our world.

Guest o-cha

malia : you should retire your lurker status and start posting more :lol:. He has definitely proven himself to be a true actor. I'm so proud of what he has accomplished in his art.

Seems like Jang Hyuk would be in Japan from the 5th to the 7th to promote the sale of Thank You DVD set.

http://news.media.daum.net/culture/art/200.../v20192343.html

먼저 장혁이 4박5일의 일정으로 5일 일본을 찾아 7일 도쿄의 시네마트 롯폰기에서 열리는 이벤트에 참석한다. 이는 MBC 미니시리즈 '고맙습니다'의 방송 및 DVD박스 발매를 기념한 것.

또한 그가 주연을 맡은 영화 '내 여자친구를 소개합니다' 전편이라고 할 수 있는 차태현ㆍ전지현 주연의 영화 '엽기적인 그녀'의 일본판 리메이크 드라마에도 카메오로 출연할 계획을 세워놓고 있다. 화제작 '고맙습니다'는 지난해 KNTV를 통해 일본에 소개됐으며, 2월부터 라라TV를 통해 다시 인기리에 방영 중이다.

I think it also says that Thank You was broadcasted in Japan starting in February and how it is gaining popularity.

Guest cholo

yes, totally agree with you o-cha, ive seen three of his dramas and he's one amazing actor. and to heck with the ratings :P , "robbers" proved to be an exceptional drama.

amazing casts and production top it all. :)

Guest StiLLThinking

O-cha..heck yeah, I too am hoping and praying for another meaty role like Robbers for Jang Hyuk ssi, ASAP!! I have never posted here before as I have been very contented being behind the scenes just enjoying all the discussions regarding Jang Hyuk, Robbers and Thank you....until I read your awesome

post regarding this very awesome man. I totally agree with your words, O-cha: "Jang Hyuk is one GREAT...no..not just great..he is one BRILLIANT, TALENTED, WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS actor". I believe that Jang Hyuk is a very underrated artist and "artist" he is...he is a true credit to his art. No longer is he merely a handsome good looking man, no longer is he just a beautiful well toned body, no longer is he just the man with the pouty rebellious beautiful mouth, no longer is he just the man with the slouchy, shy rebellious "James Dean" attitude that has followed him for most of his acting career...the butterfly, no the beautiful condor has emerged, to soar to great heights and proven to all of us that he is worthy of a good second look.

I for one am honored to be in this world at the same time as Jang Hyuk...because of him, my days are brighter and it is a "beautiful world". Jang Hyuk has grown in leaps and bounds and I have found that he has this way of connecting, his beautiful spirit enters the heart, curls up in a corner and remains there to bring joy and unsurpassed talent. I know now that this is an artist that performs with his eyes, with every part of his body, with every emotion imagineable and it is my greatest wish that those who have not encountered his great talent and extreme dedication will make it a special point to walk towards the path he has taken and discover that Jang Hyuk ssi has a way of making a drama even more dramatic and absolutely beautiful. And as you said, O-cha, he has a way of bringing depth to his characters and allowing the viewer to experience many dimensions of what could easily be a flat character. This is the true mark of a great and deep entertainer and Jang Hyuk ssi has proven to all of us that he is a very capable performer, no, not just capable but extremely gifted with talent that is inbred and inherent.

Bravo, Jang Hyuk ssi, you are the best, Kamsahamnida, Jang Hyuk ssi, you bring joy to my life, FIGHTING, Jang Hyuk ssi, go forward in strength and your supporters, such as O-cha, Malia and may others will walk with you every step of the way, holding your hands, celebrating with you when the going is good and lifting you up, wrapping our arms around you when the going is tough...because you are absolutely worth it and because you bring so much beauty into our lives and our world.

DITTO..!! ... he totally has my respect for him as actor and person and like u content with just reading .. :)

Cheers everyone!!

Guest corliss

DITTO..!! ... he totally has my respect for him as actor and person and like u content with just reading .. :)

Cheers everyone!!

ya man!!! i watched his movies and his dramas...and i totally agreed that he is a very versatile actor and is able to protray different characrters very well!!! :)

Guest o-cha

Jang Hyuk appeared as a cameo in Japanese drama "My sassy girl"

2008030508515198794_090039_0.jpg

Sidus HQ , agent of Jang Hyuk said "Last November (Nov 5), Jang Hyuk visited Japan for five days and four nights to promote the drama "Thank you". The Japanese drama "My sassy girl" filmed a cameo (scene)".

(source: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

credit: iuphimhan.com)

ooopps sorry guys apparently he WAS in Japan according to the nres posted by IUPHIMHAN.

Interesting that he'd have a cameo in Japanese version of My Sassy Girl.

Guest Jill4675

o-cha: Sorry, I had meant to say I share your sorrow. But in fact, I was delighted to read your subsequent beautifully expressed response, which sums up precisely the feelings of everyone here (and lurking ;))!!! I am going to start lobbying YA right away. They will surely tell me if they have any plans to release it (if they can get the US rights) and if not, they will give me what they know. When I kept asking about Thank You, I had detailed responses very quickly telling me that MBC would retain the rights and release it. But since this one got low ratings, maybe YA will take it. Anyone in the US reading this who wants to see these released, please start lobbying!!! I am going to quote o-cha's remark (without attribution, of course! :)) that "it will be one of the dramas that I will treasure in my collection."

My friends, I think we can all agree: we need to see more of JH...or we will need withdrawal treatment at an addiction clinic...:lol:

B)

Guest malia

malia : you should retire your lurker status and start posting more :lol:. He has definitely proven himself to be a true actor. I'm so proud of what he has accomplished in his art.

Seems like Jang Hyuk would be in Japan from the 5th to the 7th to promote the sale of Thank You DVD set.

http://news.media.daum.net/culture/art/200.../v20192343.html

먼저 장혁이 4박5일의 일정으로 5일 일본을 찾아 7일 도쿄의 시네마트 롯폰기에서 열리는 이벤트에 참석한다. 이는 MBC 미니시리즈 '고맙습니다'의 방송 및 DVD박스 발매를 기념한 것.

또한 그가 주연을 맡은 영화 '내 여자친구를 소개합니다' 전편이라고 할 수 있는 차태현ㆍ전지현 주연의 영화 '엽기적인 그녀'의 일본판 리메이크 드라마에도 카메오로 출연할 계획을 세워놓고 있다. 화제작 '고맙습니다'는 지난해 KNTV를 통해 일본에 소개됐으며, 2월부터 라라TV를 통해 다시 인기리에 방영 중이다.

I think it also says that Thank You was broadcasted in Japan starting in February and how it is gaining popularity.

o-cha, thank you for the advice..for jang hyuk ssi, anything!!! i too am very proud of what he has accomplished in his chosen career. he warms my heart so dearly. i wish him good fortune and many, many projects and a very happy life with his wife and son. i bet jang hyuk ssi's son will be as talented and as

extremely handsome...with jang hyuk as his dad, how can it be otherwise!!!

Guest o-cha

cholo : aaaahhh me too! I looooove that scene...

amaryllis : thanks for the link

Jill4675 : please do...we need to lobby YA to make sure they get the rights to release the DVD. hehehe.

Guest Jill4675

cholo : aaaahhh me too! I looooove that scene...

amaryllis : thanks for the link

Jill4675 : please do...we need to lobby YA to make sure they get the rights to release the DVD. hehehe.

I adore those pics, too, cholo...thanks for posting them... :wub:

B)

Guest malia

o-cha: Sorry, I had meant to say I share your sorrow. But in fact, I was delighted to read your subsequent beautifully expressed response, which sums up precisely the feelings of everyone here (and lurking ;))!!! I am going to start lobbying YA right away. They will surely tell me if they have any plans to release it (if they can get the US rights) and if not, they will give me what they know. When I kept asking about Thank You, I had detailed responses very quickly telling me that MBC would retain the rights and release it. But since this one got low ratings, maybe YA will take it. Anyone in the US reading this who wants to see these released, please start lobbying!!! I am going to quote o-cha's remark (without attribution, of course! :)) that "it will be one of the dramas that I will treasure in my collection."

My friends, I think we can all agree: we need to see more of JH...or we will need withdrawal treatment at an addiction clinic...:lol:

B)

Hi, Jill4675...I went immediately to work to petition and request YA Entertainment to secure the rights to Robbers and I immediately received a reply from YA Entertainment and was told that they tried to get the rights for Robbers but they were unsuccessful in doing so. "Kate" who replied to my request said that they really tried and that Robbers would have been a good project for them and that she is very sad that they were unable to secure the rights for the drama...boohoo...I too am very sad. But, it is with hope that whoever puts out an English subtitled version will do a good job on the subs! I can't wait..

I absolutely love this drama and would be so honored to add it to my collection!!

2008精采韓劇》 謝謝

【聯合報╱文/江芷稜】

2008.03.08 05:17 am

4248473-1809219.JPG

張赫(右)退伍後接演「謝謝」,與女星孔孝真、童星徐信愛合作,演出感人。

圖/八大戲劇台提供

謝謝

張赫 退伍新作 演完婚頭

演員:張赫、孔孝真、 申成錄、金成恩

期待指數:★★★★

(張赫退伍後首部作品,描述愛滋病情節真實動人,刻畫出人跟人之間的愛心,現由八大電視台購得,播出時間未定)

劇情:張赫飾演冷酷的醫師閔基書,卻在與愛滋病患兒的母親(孔孝真飾)接觸過程中,內心世界開始發生變化。童星徐信愛扮演愛滋病患,展現天真笑容,吸引觀眾的目光。

幕後過程:張赫2004年曾因兵役事件轟動韓國,2006年11月退伍後復出接拍「謝謝」,演技深獲肯定。去年還宣告和舞蹈老師金妍珍相戀6年,決定閃電結婚,妻子當時已懷孕8個月,兩人交往情況只有身邊幾名好友知情,保密功夫驚人,張赫與金妍珍1月完成結婚登記手續,成為正式夫妻。

今年大年初二張赫喜獲麟子,初嘗為人父的喜悅,但考慮到妻子產後身體狀況,經過雙方家長商量,決定將婚禮定在6月2日舉行。

【2008/03/08 聯合報】