These are the final voting results of the Seoul Drama Awards 2010. Hyuk is in overall male actor ranking no. 9 and no. 5 on Korean actor's list. I think if we have found out earlier that we could vote multiple times in a day, Hyuk may have overtaken Cha Seung Won, but it was a fun ride, going from below Oh Ji Ho initially, to overall no. 10 and finally to finish at no. 9.

A pat on the back for all who voted! :D

sdafinal.jpg

sdakoreafinal.jpg

Jill - Not sure what they did to the poster. :blink:

Hyuk walking to the charity event:

54615171201008270000231840326377541_000.jpg

54615171201008270000231840326377541_004.jpg

54615171201008270000231840326377541_002.jpg

Credits to Coke.

----------------------------------------------

Recently there was an interview of Zhu Dan, the female lead of the China AAE and Wu Jian (another male actor in the show), following is some of what she/he said. I just pull out those related to Hyuk:

Zhu: "His family is very happy, he even have two kids, sometimes when we chat, he will show us photos"

Zhu: "Hyuk is good, he has very good dress sense. A great sense of humour, meticulous and will tolerate you. I cannot use him as a benchmark for finding a partner, I am afraid I will never find one that way."

Wu: (he said earlier that both Hyuk and the taiwanese actress do not use any special techniques) "including having to hit Jang Hyuk, first round when we were just rehearsing, I told Hyuk you dont have to really roll and fall to the ground since its we are just trying out, but once I finish hitting, they really fall. That is their way, even from rehearsing they do the real thing."

Wu: " Once, when I was in the makeup room, Zhu Dan came rushing over and call for me, Wu Jian come over here, hug me and kiss me. I said what is that for, there are so many people around! She said she is just using me to practice. When she hug Hyuk she get nervous, when she hug me its ok, no feelings but why is it that once she hug Hyuk, she gets so nervous she shivers."

Zhu "Its true, when Hyuk hold my face and kiss me, it doesnt feel right. The last round when there was a media visit and Hyuk hug me to kiss me,I was supposed to cry but couldnt, because I was too nervous"

And when the interviewer commented that the scene between her and Hyuk in Japan looked very romantic and appeared like they had developed some chemistry, she said: That was shot when filming is nearly all over, that was the first full proper kiss in the whole show, after filming the scene, my entire face was as red as an apple"

----------------------

Seems like Hyuk's voltage is too high for Zhu Dan a first time actress!! :P

Guest Jill4675

[qwenli] Seems like Hyuk's voltage is too high for Zhu Dan a first time actress!!
:lol: Oh, that interview is cute! :wub:love-smiley-007.gif

Congrats for your efforts with the voting...he did really well considering how uneven the playing ground was! <_<

And wow.gif his hair is still really long! I'm so used to it now, it'd be a shock if he were to cut it!!! muahaha.gif

sunglasses2.gif

I want that poster :rolleyes: !

2010082615364260814_1.jpg

About Hyuk's long hair, guess Hyuk's agent wants to keep his Daegil image for as long as possible so that they can squeeze more won from him :angry:

A video on Youtube about the Kiss of Love event

Hyuk's in Kiss of Love

credit: lsm11107

Another video fr. SSTV on DC Gallery

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=30719&page=1&bbs=

Hyuk was serious enough even when he kissed the paper, he almost .............he he.......

hahatk - thks for the video! Yeah Hyuk kissed too hard! ahahha :P

703_147297_518344.jpg

There is an about turn to the SG tug of war. Now Sidus is quoted as saying JaePark will be very busy in the year end and has no time to act. heehee, meaning they are not forcing the way thru? :) Keeping fingers crossed!

qwenli: thanks for translating the interview..it's too cute....But I can't blame Zhu Dan..who wouldn't get all nervous kissing Hyuk? :lol:

Awww our Hyukie and Seo Shin Ae..little Shin Ae must be happy to be next to her favorite ahjussi :lol: I still remember her kissing Hyuk at the after party of 'Thank You'.

Ughhh..seriously Sidus is ughhhh....can't believe they're telling him not to cut his hair..I mean he should be able to wear his hair any way he wants...

About SG....from what I've read previously seems like the production company was the one who didn't want Park Jae Bum..but now Sidus is saying it's because PJB is too busy? Ughh,,Sidus....

I know Hyuk is a loyal guy and all..but once his contract with Sidus ends..he really should choose another company....they're not really looking after his well being...as apparent in the Secret Garden case.

Since the rumour was that this is a 3 actor combo deal, couldn't they just replace PJB with someone else from Sidus? Why make a big stink about this? And we all know that Hyuk wanted to do this project. He has wanted to do this since forever.

But like I said at least the good thing is NOBODY is blaming Hyuk for this incident. Everyone on DC pretty much just said that it's too bad Hyuk won't do it, they're looking forward to Hyuk in SG and that everyone wants Hyuk out of Sidus ASAP.

Just read about Kim Hee Sun's upcoming drama...so Hyuk is rumored to be considering this? Well he would fit the 'hallyu star' category..hehehe...hmm there's also another drama needing a male lead...Love Song... to take over the late Park Yong Ha's role. Hyuk would fit the requirement too...hallyu star...and we know Hyuk can do melodrama very very well.

But but but....I still want Hyuk in Secret Garden........!

Guest Jill4675

Ughhh..seriously Sidus is ughhhh....can't believe they're telling him not to cut his hair..I mean he should be able to wear his hair any way he wants...

...But but but....I still want Hyuk in Secret Garden........!

Yeah, SSE is his little girlfriend! :D

Well, we really don't know why he hasn't cut his hair, but I'd say it's something he likely goes along with. It's made it possible for him to do a zillion photo shoots and look quite different in each of them (okay, the makeup and styling do have a LITTLE something to do with that... ;)) Personally, I think he looks just fine...like I said, I've gotten used to it! :lol:

I really hope we could finally get some concrete information. There are all sorts of projects out there; so finalize the casts already and put us out of our misery!!! :P And I read on Dramabeans that Philip Lee is going to be in the drama Faith that will star Kim Hee-sun. So that means he's out of Secret Garden or...doing both or...:huh: It seems the schizophrenia of Kdrama production has grown steadily worse...! :angry:

sunglasses2.gif

Lee Philip might be able to do both dramas at the same time since it doesn't seem like he has a big role on Secret Garden. Heck even our Wang Son-ie did a movie and Chuno at the same time in the beginning...hehehe.

His long hair is fine with me too...as long as it's not done in AAE style! hahaha.....that one is just too horrible to see...hehehe

Vid interview clip when he was in Japan??

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=30713

If Hyuk isn't doing SG...I'd be fine if he rests up and pick a project this year. He's been working too hard this year.

that really cheered me up, those videos are so funny, Jang Hyuk almost broke the board :lol:

but what are hey saying about his lips? beautiful lips? is he also saying he has beautiful lips?

I need to learn korean so fast <_<

And I read on Dramabeans that Philip Lee is going to be in the drama Faith that will star Kim Hee-sun. So that means he's out of Secret Garden or...doing both or...:huh: It seems the schizophrenia of Kdrama production has grown steadily worse...! :angry:

Jill - Not only do i think kdrama world has schizophrenia, but also manic depression by all the tears they make us shed with unrequited love, constipated feelings, the I want to kiss you but I can only let you go storylines etc. :D:D I am kinda looking fwd to the new drama A Playful Kiss. Just want to watch some bubble gum school comedy sometimes.

If Hyuk isn't doing SG...I'd be fine if he rests up and pick a project this year. He's been working too hard this year.

Ocha - Yep, its been such a whirlwind year for him. I think hyuk much enjoys it, he seems to me such a workaholic. :D

----------------------------------

Another Japanese shot courtesy of Coke from Baidu forum:

51747097201008281521272456908352191_002.jpg

And a very important photo:

th_2010082615364260814_1-1.jpg

Still keeping my faith on SG.

Guest jen2010

Thanks for the video link for the event.

But I still can't help feeling sour about what Sidus has done when I see that Sidus organised event *oops*

Hyuk is ever so serious, even when hes kissing the board :lol:

Me too, keeping my fingerscrossed for SG

Let's hope that this is only a promotion tactic :P

Eider's wallpaper is up

http://www.eider.co.kr/shop2/main/html.php?htmid=service/brand23.html

Guest Jill4675

Eider's wallpaper is up

Thanks, jen! I was in the mood to change my wallpaper...my desktop looks quite nice now... :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

Eider's wallpaper is up

Yep, thanks Jen. I would love Hyuk to be on my wallpaper, mobile screensaver, bedroom wall motif, but well my better half husband will probably kill me. :D:D:D

I went on DC Jang Hyuk a couple of days ago and saw the post from hyukbest regarding how frustrated the fans feel. You girls know anything about this, hahatk & qwenli? Did hyukbest hear anything back from Sidus?

So far in naver they still put Hyuk's picture and name next to Secret Garden...so....

Thanks for posting the wallies jen!

I went on DC Jang Hyuk a couple of days ago and saw the post from hyukbest regarding how frustrated the fans feel. You girls know anything about this, hahatk & qwenli? Did hyukbest hear anything back from Sidus?

So far in naver they still put Hyuk's picture and name next to Secret Garden...so....

ocha: Did you receive my message or email ?

At any rates, Liz of Hyukbest wrote the letter in Chinese and English. They posted it to Sidus and DC Gall. With zoi and qoochan's help, it was translated in Japanese as well. We're still trying to have it translated in Korean, no response fr. Sidus yet.

However, this week's schedule of Hyukie. Is it a good sign ?

2010-08-30~2010-09-05 30일 매거진 <보그> 화보촬영

SBS 드라마 <시크릿 가든> 촬영준비

http://www.sidushq.com/starhome/schedule/list.asp?oidStarHome=74

VIDEO!

Remember Hyuk recorded a variety program in Zhejiang China some months back? It was telecast last week, I missed it too, but I found the video here:

China Tudou

Just a note ahead that Zhu Dan is actually the leading compere on the TV station that this program is telecast, that is why she seems very outspoken and friendly with the two hosts.

Here is some translation, I just do the hyuk parts:

Opening segment, they ask all the actors to use their hometown language to say

Tian Yue (name of one of the host), your mum ask you to go home to watch AAE

12:07 Zhu Dan say that very often at the film set they will ask each other if the have taken their meal (a common chinese greeting). She is from the city of Shao xin so she taught Hyuk to say Van Yao Chee Ku, which means have you eaten your meal.

Next segment was each of them introducing their own characters. After that the hosts tried to draw relationship lines on the chart listing all the characters present. Zhu Dan than came up to explain about the 4 main characters (which form a square with their 4 way relationship). The hosts then concluded that it is just very messy!

After the theme song, the actors are supposed to reveal funny or interesting behind the scenes stuff. 32:00 Hyuk mentioned the scene with Zhu Dan. She was supposed to walk pass him but she fell, tripping on the metal railings. He thought that was the director's idea and hence didnt help her up and still look very serious. They all had a good laugh over this. Zhu Dan said that Hyuk asked her how did you manage to trip when the railing is so low!

The actor in grey (Lam) mentioned that there was this scene he had with Hyuk and another Chinese lady, they were supposed to have a 3 way dialogue so it was very wierd with Hyuk speaking in Korean, he in Cantonese and the other lady in Chinese.

So the host wanted them to demonstrate this scenario of Hyuk shopping in the market and all of them are supposed to sell him something without being able to speak the same lanaguage.Obviously they dun understand each other. I was quite surprised that Hyuk managed to say Deng Yi Xia "wait a minute" and Duo Shao Qian "How much" in Chinese. In the end, Hyuk only managed to buy a duck!

38:25, They showed a blooper scene which Hyuk was supposed to say something after Zhu Dan, but he didnt. :D

Next segment, they had a charade where Hyuk had to act out the celebrities flashed out on screen for the girls to guess.

About 47:30 Zhu Dan said that she was so nervous when acting out the lovey dovey scenes with Hyuk so she said Hyuk suggested that every day when they meet, they will hug each other and hug again when they part to help her develop familiarity with him! :w00t:

Then they make Zhu Dan and Hyuk act out a scene together to showcase Zhu Dan's acting skills. (which I though didnt really work out becos Hyuk didnt knw what she wanted to do). But he managed to call after her "Dan Ping, Dan Ping" (her name in the show)!!

51:44 Cheryl Yang imitated Hyuk clapping when they dance. Apparently Cheryl Yang like to dance on the film set. So they made everyone dance with her to the Wonder girl's song of "Nobody"

What I am amazed is how Hyuk dance with her and they are so synchronised. Show that they did went dancing together!! :lol:

Finally, closing statement from everybody. 76:48, Hyuk said "Hen Kai Xin" ie Very happy. :D

Guest jen2010

Read from Zoi's blog that there will a special interview on Vogue October issue of

“Jang Hyuk ×Jae Beom ”COLLABORATION

Looks like Sidus is really trying to tap on Hyuk's popularity now to help push the new guy...Let's hope this won't jeopardise Hyuk's part is SG. Really keeping my finger 'double' crossed for SG.

Guest cofioca

I really hope Jang Hyuk would be able to play the lead role together with Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden. It's such a great opportunity to have both talented actors. Plus they have Yoon Sang Hyun. I liked JH since Windstruck and kept an eye on him in Thank You and Robbers.  And since SG's quite fantasy drama, I really thought he can be able to bring life to the character that he would portray and  act it into different dimensions. I hope he's not closing his door for this one. And I also hope Sidus wouldn't compromise him for the benefit of others or of their own agenda. Aja JH!