o-cha, thank you for sharing the cute gif. I was thinking about making a gif of his dancing..haha..but i haven't had a chance yet. Haha..about Sung Yuri's saying that Hyuk is closest to her ideal man, she is sweet although she had to say so there...haha...as Hyuk uttered 'hmmm'...keke...

Thank you for sharing the pic from RAL. His facial

I can't agree with you more. I wish he had that cool hairdo, but I still like his PIFF hairstyle too. He looks very soft and tough at the same time, which not many people can create. B)

hahahah so true...after the perfectly placed 'cough' how can Yu Ri say anyone else? :lol: But I think that just shows the great working relationship between Hyuk and Yu Ri that he can tease her..

Thanks for the pics wils! The PIFF hairstyle definitely shows a more rugged Hyuk..but hmmm he cleaned up a bit...does that mean they are shooting earlier scenes of Chuno? Back when Dae Gil was still a yangban? Woaaah on Yu Ri's heels! That's one high heeled shoe! hehehe

Ahhhh how many times have I said this now....Hyuk and Yu Ri really look good together. I mean Hyuk normally looks well with his partners in any kind of drama or movie but the Hyuk-Yu Ri couple is definitely one of my favorite just based on looks.

My favorite Hyuk partners in the past have been Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Da Hae....but I think I'll have to add Sung Yu Ri to this list. Those 3 ladies just look so right standing next to Hyuk ..Hyuk's had many beautiful actresses that he's worked with but for me those 3 with Hyuk....beautiful couples:lol:

I love these pics! Thanks wils. Hyuk looks so gorgeous in this 3-piece black suit ! If his hair could be trimmed short a little would have been perfect for his situation ( he still needs to continue shooting Chuno).

His face, especially his nose, looks so perfect from the side way.2eyb134.jpg

So glad that Zoi could catch this still. Hyuk smiled so sweetly here.

2009100902353094f.jpg

The PIFF hairstyle definitely shows a more rugged Hyuk..but hmmm he cleaned up a bit...does that mean they are shooting earlier scenes of Chuno? Back when Dae Gil was still a yangban?

I wish he could clean up a little more, but yeh..no more for Chuno. Well..at least he was able to shave his facial hair a bit. I am satisfied. He won't be able to film Chuno in the following several days as he will stay in Busan till 11th. So by the time he's back to filming Chuno he may have his goatee grown again.

I am also wondering when he will shoot his yamban period. hehe...we will see if his hair trimming this time is relevant to the scenes he will film soon.

Ahhhh how many times have I said this now....Hyuk and Yu Ri really look good together. I mean Hyuk normally looks well with his partners in any kind of drama or movie but the Hyuk-Yu Ri couple is definitely one of my favorite just based on looks.

My favorite Hyuk partners in the past have been Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Da Hae....but I think I'll have to add Sung Yu Ri to this list. Those 3 ladies just look so right standing next to Hyuk ..Hyuk's had many beautiful actresses that he's worked with but for me those 3 with Hyuk....beautiful couples:lol:

Sure they look great together. Thou..haha...I will put aside my vote for my favorite couples until I see the movie.

Actually it's reaaaaaly hard to decide who has been the best partner(s) with Hyuk cause there are too many.

I like couples in School (with Choi Kang Hee), in PTME (with Lee Na Young), and in Robbers (with Lee Da Hae). Strangely, I thought I did not like much Jeon Ji Hyun in Windstruck, but in thinking about the couple, I realize how great their chemistry was. They looked really connected to each other. So far, in terms of appearance, my favorite couple is.....gosh...it's tough.... Hyuk-Lee Na Young in PTME. Hope they reunite in a more melo-dramatic film or drama.

2iqopdx.jpg

I love these pics! Thanks wils. Hyuk looks so gorgeous in this 3-piece black suit ! If his hair could be trimmed short a little would have been perfect for his situation ( he still needs to continue shooting Chuno).

His face, especially his nose, looks so perfect from the side way. http://i38.tinypic.com/2eyb134.jpg

So glad that Zoi could catch this still. Hyuk smiled so sweetly here.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9vzTcHBMi9g/Ss5WC5nA...0902353094f.jpg

Me too. That's the best PIFF photo he is in. Haha..here you go, you are among the worshipers of his profile look.

Thank you so much for sharing the screen cap. He looks so adorable.

Hyuk was so gorgeous last night but no hairdresser this morning for his radio interview ?!

Hi hahatk,

Thank you for sharing his photos with Gong Hyung Jin.

Ehhhhh....I wasn't wrong. I thought Hyuk might wear a hat again at the less formal events. Wearing a hat is fine. but hey, that's not the right one... :( Gosh... I don't think I've seen him tanned this much. :lol:

I also wonder what they talked about....hopefully some talks about Chuno as you assumed.

Guest Becon_DVN

Thanks for all the pics,

Hyuk looks really gorgeous at the PIFF event, and so does Sung Yu Ri. I really like SYR, I think she's really pretty, and yes, she makes such a perfect couple with our Hyuk :lol: I also miss Hyuk's short hair style (oh my Dr. Min Gi Seo :P )

When I first started Windstruck, I thought it is a comedy :lol: Hyuk and Ji Hyun are so funny, I love the scene where they were cuffed together, and in the morning, Ji Hyun woke up, took the handcuff off and then put it back in :)) so hilarious, and Hyuk's reaction after he put their hands "under the blanket" was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing at that scene...But the rest of the movie was so sad. I cried so much when Ji Hyun pull out the gun at the hospital, trying to kill herself. And also the part when she left the message on Hyuk's phone, tell him to come to her right away. I think they both have great chemistry together. They were together for only half of the movie, but the feeling between them was really strong, so right after his death, I can feel how painful his girlfriend was. Very very touching. I also like Hyuk's look in there, not as manly as Gi Seo, but he is cute.

Don't you think he is a bit skinny right now? I wish that he could gain a little more weight so he would look perfect (my opinion only :P )

Of all the couples pairing that night for 14th Pusan International Film Festival, Sung Yuri and Jang Hyuk were the most BEAUTIFUL and eye catching throughout the night, they really look GREAT together.

Of all the beautiful actresses that Jang Hyuk had cooperated before, I have to say that he look BEST with Sung Yuri and Lee Da Hae, but I have to choose Sung Yuri more with Jang Hyuk because Sung Yuri has more advantage in term of height and figure with him. While Lee Da Hae is very tall and skinny when standing beside him.

Of all the gowns in the 14th Pusan Int'l Film Festival, I love Sung Yuri, Han Ji Hye, Soo Ae, Jang Seo Hee, Byeon Jeong Soo, Yoo In Young, Kim Ha Neul and Han Hye Jin BEST.

ahhhhh the wonderful hairstyle is back! Thanks cjoey! I am really diggin' this hairstyle on Hyuk....makes him look younger and rebellious hehehehe.

wils : Hyuk and Lee Na Young...brings back good memories....Elvis!!

hahatk : probably no hairdresser since Hyuk's just there to do a radio show and with Gong Hyung Jin nonetheless...he probably didn't feel the need to dress up..hehehehe.. I think it's nice to see Hyuk in different looks..he definitely looks very relaxed at GHJ's radio show.

Becon_DVN : yeah Hyuk has definitely lost weight...we were kindda worried about that too. It's probably just because of Chuno's strenuous filming schedule. Hopefully he'll gain weight soon. And yes! I miss Min Gi Seo's hair....that hairstyle matches Hyuk perfectly imo.

kitty00j : hehehehe..another one who likes the Hyuk-Yu Ri pairing...high five! :lol:

Anyone knows how tall Sung Yu Ri is? She's wearing high heels but still look shorter than Hyuk....and we know Hyuk isn't super tall.

I really really like this hairstyle when he pulls them back.....this is fast becoming my second favorite Hyuk hairstyle after Min Gi Seo's hairstyle.

I am really diggin' this hairstyle on Hyuk....makes him look younger and rebellious hehehehe.
Absolutely agree with you, o-cha.

Hyuk and Yuri do look great together(How many times have I said that ?). I love Hyuk's pull back hairstyle in leather jacket. Hyuk looks cool and matches Yuri's leather pants. I think the hair stylist is getting a hang of styling Hyuk's hair. Hyuk looks even better this time than he's in the press conference.

Hyuk and Yuri attended more activities yesterday. Their schedules are so intense for the last couple days. Fighting!

200910091939557672708A_1.jpg

200910091940517701914A_1.jpg

ae_1255085285_1352032927_0.jpg

yhPYH20091009145200013_0.jpg

yhPYH20091009145600013_0.jpg

Love his current hairstyle! His wife is gorgeous too! I think she looks a bit like Sung Yuri in these pictures but maybe that's just me.

Guest imogene_af

^

It's Sung Yuri that's why. They are promoting "Rabbit and Lizard". They do look good together though.

We never really get to see clear pics of his wife, only once during the wedding album.

^ LOL! Okay...I'm glad that's cleared up (am embarrassed!) I think Sung Yuri is looking very elegant these days. I'm still picturing her as she was in Hong Gil Dong: cute and bubbly.

Jang Hyuk's really on a roll these days with a movie coming out and a drama in production. And always with beautiful leading ladies.

Hi chingus, *waves*

Thanks cjoey and hahatk for sharing the pics.

Wow.. I can't agree with you all more on his pull-back hair style. Awesome. yes, hahatk, Hyuk with the hair in the leather jacket looks terrific, even better than in the press conference. Anyway, I looooooove this look. :wub: like imogene said, I want Dagile keeps this look too.

Looks like Hyuk and Sung Yuri set some dress codes for both. Even at the guest talk after the premiere, they seemed to try to match one another. Both of them wore warm, bright colors. They look great together :P

Becon_DVN, the second part of Windstruck is quite weak and draggy, but as you commented, the strong emotional impact Hyuk and Ji Hyuk created together at the first part was so powerful. I think Windstruck is quite an enjoyable movie if we watch it relying more on emotions. I think Hyuk has a great level of melo sensitivity, which he hasn't had a chance to explore well in his previous works. Well, Robbers is a good work in that terms, and I hope him to meet those works that would help him develop that sensitivity.

cr: http://jang-hyuk.tumblr.com/day/2009/10/09/

source: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

Will someone(you know who I really meant :rolleyes:;) )summarize this piece, please ?

20091008090042280c3_090042_0.jpg

‘토끼와 리저드’ 장혁

[메트로] 2009년 10월 08일(목) 오전 09:00 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

[클릭하시면 원본크기 이미지를 보실 수 있습니다.] 부산영화제 ‘한국영화의 오늘- 파노라마’ 부문에 공식 초청된 색다른 멜로영화 ‘토끼와 리저드’(22일 개봉). 이 영화로 인해 장혁이 네 번째로 부산을 찾게 됐다. 인터뷰 장소에 나타난 그의 얼굴에는 공허함이 가득 메우고 있었다.

Part 1

‘토끼와 리저드’는 프랑스에서 활약해온 주지홍 감독이 메가폰을 잡은 저예산 영화다. 친 엄마를 찾아 한국에 온 입양아 메이(성유리)와 희귀 심장병 민히제스틴 증후군으로 매일 세상의 마지막을 준비하는 택시기사 은설이 우연히 동행을 하게 되며 펼쳐지는 이야기다.

“우연히 시나리오를 봤는데 끌리더라고요. 죽음을 앞둔 환자 입장이 아니라 오늘을 마치 마지막 날로 사는 남자의 심리가 가슴을 파고들었어요.”

여주인공 캐릭터 역시 시선을 붙들어 맸다. 뿌리찾기 차원이 아니라 자신의 등 뒤에 있는 상처가 왜 생겼는지 알아내려 한국을 찾은 점이 독특했다. 두 남녀가 만들어낼 스파크가 기대됐고, 전체적으로 덤덤한 느낌이 출연 욕구를 한껏 자극했다.

“의사 친구로부터 조언을 많이 구했죠. 심장박동수가 조금씩 줄어들다가 멈추면 사망하게 되는 질환이죠. 제게 이런 질병이 있다면 굉장히 일상적으로 살아갈 것 같아요. 어렸을 때부터 민히제스틴 증후군을 짊어진 채 살아왔던 인물이기에 그의 무뎌진 일상성을 주목하고, 연기로 표현하고 싶었어요.”

감독에게 환자 관련 묘사를 하지 말자고 제안했다. 투병이 아닌 그의 일상에 포커스를 맞추자는 장혁의 의견제시에 감독은 OK 사인을 보냈다. 이후 은설, 메이 캐릭터에 대한 분석보다는 두 사람의 정서적 교감, 디테일한 감정표현에 치중했다.

“영화를 보면 강한 눈빛이 거의 없어요. 동공이 풀려 있는 모습? 그의 무관심, 심드렁함의 표현이죠. 사납금을 채우고, 요양원에 있는 할머니가 어떤가 체크하고, 가끔 친구를 만나 소주잔을 기울이는 게 전부였던 남자가 메이를 만나며 눈빛이 조금씩 바뀌어나가요. 그런 변화에 주력했어요.”

멜로영화의 코드가 계속 바뀌어 가는 상황에서 조금 더 변화된 멜로물일 거라는 확신에 가득 차 있다.

“대단한 시도를 한 영화는 아니지만 자연스럽게 감정이 흘러가게 하는 작품이에요. 여백의 미가 느껴지는 게 미덕이고요. 쓸쓸한 가을 날에 어울리는 영화가 아닐까요?”

Part 2

30대 중반을 앞두고 일복이 터졌다. 7월 옴니버스 영화 ‘오감도’에 이어 ‘토끼와 리저드’, 다음달 5일에는 과감한 섹스코드의 ‘펜트하우스 코끼리’를 연이어 개봉시킨다. 내년 1월부터는 대하드라마 ‘추노’가 방영된다.

최근 바르샤바영화제 경쟁부문 초청을 받은 ‘펜트하우스 코끼리’는 상류층 30대 싱글남 3명의 이야기다. 화자이자 사진작가 현우 역을 맡아 이상우·조동혁과 남자들의 사랑, 일, 섹스, 일상을 스타일리시하게 엮어간다.

조선시대를 배경으로 노비들의 드라마틱한 이야기를 다룬 ‘추노’에서는 남자 주인공 대길을 맡았다.

양반 출신이지만 집에 불을 지르고 도망간 노비 때문에 패가망신하고 노비 추격자로 거듭나게 된 인물이다. 신분의 벽에 가로막혀 혜원(이다해)과 애달픈 사랑을 한다.

“‘펜트하우스 코끼리’는 무라카미 하루키 분위기가 나는 시나리오가 마음에 들어 선택했어요. ‘추노’의 경우 ‘대망’ 이후 아주 오랜만에 참여하는 사극인데 최초의 민중사극이라는 데 끌렸어요. 마초 캐릭터를 통해 강한 남성성을 표출할 수 있는 점과 비리면서도 거친 액션도 맘에 들었고.”

극 중 액션신이 ‘어마어마하게’ 많다. 저잣거리 왈자패이다보니 손·발·단검·장검을 두루 사용한다. 8년 동안 절권도를 해왔기에 대역을 쓰지 않고 거의 모든 장면을 직접 촬영해내고 있다.

“어린 시절부터 꿈이 ‘30대 중반에 배우 느낌을 잘 표현하고, 40대 중반께 터뜨려보자’였어요. 지금까지는 ‘한방’을 지르기 위한 노력의 시간이었고 슬슬 잘 풀려가는 것 같아 행복해요. 내년부터는 배우로서 많은 냄새를 풍기지 않을까 싶어요.”

공허해 보이던 배우 장혁의 얼굴은 어느새 발그레 상기돼 있었고, 풀려 있던 눈에는 초점이 잡혀 있었다.

용원중(기자) goolis@metroseoul.co.kr

More photos from the GHJ's Cine Town radio talk:

He is quite cute. He looks better in the bigger size photos. :lol:

2cy040z.jpg

213ngae.jpg

e8vgjn.jpg

Will someone(you know who I really meant :rolleyes:;) )summarize this piece, please ?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you for posting the article.