♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Hey! haven't been on in a few days & have missed alot of the ratings discussion!! It pains me that D-War has beaten out so many other classics >.<!

Anyways- it's interesting that the salary earning list is not identical to the star pulling power list-- you would think they would be virtually like for like.

Whatever the case. Ha Ji Won's recognition as an actress is definitely on the rise so hopefully we will continue to see her excelling in a variety of different roles. I would absolutely love to see her tackle bigger production movies & end up working w/ the likes of Jang Dong Gun & Song Kang Ho or even Jung Woo Sung <3

Of course, another collab w/ KDW or JIS would suit me fine, too XD

Guest Partners4Life

Whatever the case. Ha Ji Won's recognition as an actress is definitely on the rise so hopefully we will continue to see her excelling in a variety of different roles. I would absolutely love to see her tackle bigger production movies & end up working w/ the likes of Jang Dong Gun & Song Kang Ho or even Jung Woo Sung <3

I totally agree...that would be pretty interesting combination her with Jung Woo Sung or Jang Dong Gun (all the top big star)...it surely will be a high production cost...hehe. And of course with JIS and KDW wouldn't be too bad either...hehe.

jicks..nice signature. :)

Guest jicks

^Thanks, I like my siggies to look nice (the men of course) lol

Anyways, can someone translate the gist of this article before I pass out in over-fantasizing speculations?? XP Thx!

Guest kdramafanusa

Anyways- it's interesting that the salary earning list is not identical to the star pulling power list-- you would think they would be virtually like for like.

They wouldn't be so different if it weren't for foreign market as well. Some of the Korean Wave stars are very popular overseas, their movies sometimes get sold before they are even done filming.

Anyways, can someone translate the gist of this article before I pass out in over-fantasizing speculations?? XP Thx!

Jicks, you forgot to include the article. =)

Babo is #1 on Friday! =)

Guest jicks

^lol See! That's how excited I was!

Here it is, thankyou:

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746

They wouldn't be so different if it weren't for foreign market as well. Some of the Korean Wave stars are very popular overseas, their movies sometimes get sold before they are even done filming.
^My point is, if you are considered to have greater pulling power, thus creating greater attention to the work you do, shouldn't you be paid accordingly a greater amount, particularly if your popularity does extend behind local borders? I suppose then the salary figures are based moreso on the success of the artist in Korea?

Anyways, a small piccie:

hjw_castledew_010308.jpg

source: yahoo korea

Guest kdramafanusa

About 20 stars are appointed this year's tax ambassadors to promote honest taxpayers at various locations on March 3rd.

Ha Ji-won (actress), Gong Hyeong-jin (actress), Seeya (singer), Kim Sang-joong (actor), Jeong Bo-seok (actor), Zia (singer), Hyeon Yeong (MC),

Kim Seong-eun (actress), Seo Ji-hye (actress), Lee Yeong-eun (actress), Hyeon Bin (actor), ....

^My point is, if you are considered to have greater pulling power, thus creating greater attention to the work you do, shouldn't you be paid accordingly a greater amount, particularly if your popularity does extend behind local borders? I suppose then the salary figures are based moreso on the success of the artist in Korea?

(1)The Pulling List is for works in Korea only (ie. how well a movie opens & takes in overall during its run in Korea).

Names who are able to attract moviegoers in Korea. Stars whose movies flop in Korea wouldn't rank very high. If a movie sells, its star would move up in the ranking too.

(2) The Salary List is dependent on the revenue of the movies (ie Local + Overseas)

Movie companies are smart, they would only pay whichever amount the individual star deserves. If their movies don't make $$ overall (Korea & oversea), then they would eventually get paid less. This list is dominated by Korean Wave stars (their star power in Asia) though they are no where seen in the Pulling List in Korea.

Guest cheiri

Anyways, a small piccie:

hjw_castledew_010308.jpg

source: yahoo korea

Thanks for the pics! HA JI-WON is absolutely getting prettier and sexier! :sweatingbullets:

Babo is #1 on Friday! =)

GREAT! BABO will surely do well... Can't wait to watch it too... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

QUOTE (jicks @ Feb 29 2008, 01:41 AM)

I totally agree...that would be pretty interesting combination her with Jung Woo Sung or Jang Dong Gun (all the top big star)...it surely will be a high production cost...hehe. And of course with JIS and KDW wouldn't be too bad either...hehe.

Jung Woo-sung is my favorite Korean actor! I have been hoping for a long time already that he would do a movie with Ha Ji-won...

I like KDW and JIS too. I am looking forward to another pair-up of HWJ and KDW, but in a drama and another pair-up of HJW and JI, but in a movie.

Guest cheiri

Does anyone know the Korean horror film 'Bunshinsaba'? I think the English title is 'Ouija Board'. It's just that I keep seeing it on the list of Ha Ji-won's filmography. Did she make a cameo in that movie?

Are there Filipinos here in Ha Ji-won's forum? (By the way, I'm a Filipina.) Do you guys mind informing me your nationality? (Not that it matters a lot)

I only know Gadizza (she's Indonesian) on a little personal level.

Guest justiiine

definitely one of my favorite actresses !! XD

*sigh* i wish she'd end up with jo in sung in real life. lol

Guest gadizza

Does anyone know the Korean horror film 'Bunshinsaba'? I think the English title is 'Ouija Board'. It's just that I keep seeing it on the list of Ha Ji-won's filmography. Did she make a cameo in that movie?

Are there Filipinos here in Ha Ji-won's forum? (By the way, I'm a Filipina.) Do you guys mind informing me your nationality? (Not that it matters a lot)

I only know Gadizza (she's Indonesian) on a little personal level.

Hi Cheiri, how're thing going with you friend? Long time no send you a message n sorry for being late reply your message. But I will do soon.

definitely one of my favorite actresses !! XD

*sigh* i wish she'd end up with jo in sung in real life. lol

Yup yup yup, my wish is the same with you

Babo is #1 on Friday! =)

kdramafanusa, thx for your info. hope babo will be another ha ji won's box office movie.

Purplez, thx for the links...have you seen new bang-bang cf? that's great, rite? But my fave is mise en scene cf hehehe. Miss you n santy very much jeng. take care.

Found these @ the VOV Cosmetics website:

VOV_CastleDew_260208.jpg

VOV_ColourSong_260208.jpg

VOV_MidnightDew_magazine_2708.jpg

VOV_main_bg_01.jpg

VOV_240208.jpg

vovcosmetics.co.kr

^^Second one is my fave <3

Beautiful ha ji won. thx for the pics, jicks

Purplez, I know right...what is her secret?...hehe. She looks hot and attractive....with those long shiny legs and those eyes and smiles hard to resist..hehe. I hope JIS is seeing these pictures..lolz. Just to let you know Onlyedition08 is me in youtube..I saw some of your video...it looks professionaly made...well done.

hi partners4Life, thx a lot for many great clips you've already uploaded on youtube. so my guess was right hehehe

Guest kdramafanusa

Box Office [2008.02.28 ~ 2008.03.02]

1. The Chaser (South Korea)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 627,749 / 2,895,001

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 4,285,818,000 / 19,405,329,000

Screen : 490

Opening Date : 2008/02/14

Director : Na Hong-jin

Main Cast : Kim Yoon-suk, Ha Jung-woo, Seo Yung-hee

2. Vantage Point (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 353,834 / 458,091

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 2,335,261,500 / 2,978,223,500

Screen : 353

Opening Date : 2008/02/28

Director : Pete Travis

Main Cast : Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver, William Hurt, Edgar Ramirez, Zoe Saldana

3. BA:BO (South Korea)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 333,292 / 434,016

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 2,166,467,000 / 2,787,992,500

Screen : 342

Director : Kim Jung-kwon

Main Cast : Cha Tae-hyun, Ha Ji-won, Park Hee-soon, Park Ha-sun

4. Jumper (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 140,384 / 1,610,236

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 913,789,500 / 10,505,423,000

Screen : 325

Director : Doug Liman

Main Cast : Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Bell, Diane Lane, Max Thieriot

5. The Spiderwick Chronicles (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 103,920 / 616,161

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 616,602,500 / 3,751,394,500

Screen : 229

Director : Mark Waters

Main Cast : Freddie Highmore, Mary-Louise Parker, Nick Nolte, Joan Plowright, David Strathairn

6. L: Change The World (Japan)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 56,674 / 343,125

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 347,984,500 / 2,080,371,500

Screen : 279

Opening Date : 2008/02/21

Director : Hideo Nakata

Main Cast : Ken'ichi Matsuyama, Mayuko Fukuda, Bokuzo Masana, Renji Ishibashi, Sei Hiraizumi, Shingo Tsurumi, Yuta Kanai, Erika Toda, Shunji Fujimura

7. Rambo 4 (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 52,159 / 76,426

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 343,596,000 / 489,340,000

Screen : 262

Director : Sylvester Stallone

Main Cast : Sylvester Stallone, Julie Benz, Paul Schulze, Matthew Marsden, Tim Kang

8. Fool's Gold (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 35,612 / 49,628

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 238,788,000 / 308,198,500

Screen : 168

Director : Andrew Tennant

Main Cast : Matthew McConaughey, Kate Hudson, Roger Sciberras, Donald Sutherland, Ewen Bremner

9. Slam Dunk (Taiwan, Hong Kong)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 32,295 / 43,369

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 203,392,000 / 266,827,500

Screen : 190

Director : Chu Yin-ping

Main Cast : Jay Chou, Charlene Choi, Bo-lin Chen, Eric Tsang

10. War (U.S.)

3-day Adm / Total Adm : 28,231 / 37,598

Gross / Total Gross (won) : 185,988,000 / 244,130,000

Screen : 170

Director : Philip G. Atwell

Main Cast : Jet Li, Jason Statham, Devon Aoki, Nicholas Elia, Luis Guzman

Source: KOFIC

Guest purpleZ

Purplez, thx for the links...have you seen new bang-bang cf? that's great, rite? But my fave is mise en scene cf hehehe. Miss you n santy very much jeng. take care.

Hey gadizza! Nice to see you here again. Yup, I've seen the new Bang Bang CF. Nice as usual! My most favorite is of course Mise en Scene, like you. Miss u too, jeng! Jeng, a gentle reminder, you're not allowed to quote pics. It's against the rule here.

Thx for posting the box office record, kdramafanusa. Babo dropped in the Box Office. :( Hope it'll rise again. Too early to drop.

Guest gadizza

Hey gadizza! Nice to see you here again. Yup, I've seen the new Bang Bang CF. Nice as usual! My most favorite is of course Mise en Scene, like you. Miss u too, jeng! Jeng, a gentle reminder, you're not allowed to quote pics. It's against the rule here.

Uupps sorry, I'll never do it again *promise*. thanx purplez for reminding me.

Guest Partners4Life

Cheiri, thanks for adding me.

gadizza, welcome back!..you keep disappearing..hehe.

jicks, thanks for the link and pics. Is there a English translation for that link?

kdramafanusa, seems like you watch alot of korean drama? Which one is your most favorite one?

Managing Company Star M and Wellmade is merging together. Wellmade is the same as Softland company?

Feb. 26th, 2008

Korean Actor Star M is the managing company with a lot of famous stars such as Jang Dong Gun, Huyn Bin, Gong Hyung Jin, Shin Min Ah. On February 25, they announced that they have signed a monopolistic contract with some famous actors of Wellmade such as Ha Ji Won, Uhm Ji Won, Go Eun Ah and some of Oracle such as Lim Chang Jung, Ryu Seung Bum, Kim Ki Dong, Kim Min Hee, Yoon Jung Hee…

Star M will contribute a schedule for the activities of 40 stars belong to its company. It will take the actor Jang Dong Gun and the actress Ha Ji Won as the center point. Furthermore, with the joining of these stars, there will be a big change of power between management companies in the Korea entertainment industry. Star M, Sidus, Yedang, etc. are considered to be the ones that have the most powerful nowadays.

From now on, Star M will participate in many fields. They will invest to produce dramas, movies, entertainment shows and will arrange their own shows.

Good choices! Star M sure have chosen some of the more popular actors and actresses to manage under their company, especially with HJW and JDG! and even with Hyun Bin () and Gong Hyung Jin~

wow, some of the biggest stars under one roof = a big happy family?

it’s a pity that Hyun Bin only had Snow Queen since he joined Star M.

i hope they would find more projects for him. he’s been resting for too long.

and i don’t think JDG has projects like a drama or a movie these days.

Credit: iflove

Before I leave for my trip tomrrow, just want to post this pic.

JISHJW1abc.jpg

JISHJW2abc.jpg

JISHJW3abc.jpg

Gosh I miss these two onscreen couple...hehe. Will be back in about a week and a half.

See jicks....lolz...I am too excited too. I think jicks disorder has been spread!... :lol:. I forgot to credit the pics of HJW and JIS to Popcornfor2.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/Pa.../JISHJW1abc.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/Pa.../JISHJW2abc.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/Pa.../JISHJW3abc.jpg

Credit to Popcornfor2.

Guest Partners4Life

Sorry...for my massive posting. I found the VIP premeire of Ba:Bo in youtube. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyi4IDIkCFo

Other links of Ba:bo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dP5BRrENRA...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwj3b7OCfQ...feature=related

Anyone care to translate the video that would be so wonderful? Thanks.

Guest kdramafanusa

About 20 stars are appointed this year's tax ambassadors to promote honest taxpayers at various locations on March 3rd.

Ha Ji-won (actress), Gong Hyeong-jin (actress), Seeya (singer), Kim Sang-joong (actor), Jeong Bo-seok (actor), Zia (singer), Hyeon Yeong (MC), Kim Seong-eun (actress), Seo Ji-hye (actress), Lee Yeong-eun (actress), Hyeon Bin (actor), ....

Ha Ji-won on March 4

2008030411221527894_121234_0.jpg2008030411272937394_121237_0.jpg

2008030411323737694_121214_0.jpg2008030411205927694_121212_0.jpg

20080304113310369b6_113627_0.jpg20080304113146367b6_113627_0.jpg

20080304113030338e7_114910_0.jpg20080304112724297e7_113517_0.jpg

2008030411293937594_121238_0.jpg

2008030411263837294_121236_0.jpg

20080304111810259e7_112813_0.jpg

20080304112341284b6_112704_0.jpg

Photo Credit: As labelled + Yahoo

<<<editing>>>

Guest kdramafanusa

Sorry...for my massive posting. I found the VIP premeire of Ba:Bo in youtube. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyi4IDIkCFo

Great job! Thanks for sharing. =)

kdramafanusa, seems like you watch alot of korean drama? Which one is your most favorite one?

Gosh I miss these two onscreen couple...hehe. Will be back in about a week and a half.

My favorite is "Autumn in My Heart / Autumn Tale" with Song Seung-heon & Song Hye-kyo, it was my 2nd or 3rd Korean drama. It still gives me a very sad feeling every time I hear its theme songs or see anything that's related to it. SSH is my #1 crush! Hehee.

I have seen quite a few K-dramas, not as much lately. For the upcoming dramas, I plan to watch "East Of Eden" (SSH) & "Spotlight" (Son Ye-jin).

Partners4Life, we'll miss you here. Have a fun trip & take care. Will chat more when you're back =)

Read in Imdb website that she had a car accident in 2003. Is it true? I don't know much about her past.

Same here, I don't know whether it's true or not.