♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"Ha Ji Won received psychiatric treatment after filming ‘Sector 7′

20130503_hajiwon_psychiatrichelp.jpg

Actress Ha Ji Won shed tears as she spoke about having to seek psychiatric help after filming the movie ‘Sector 7.’

On the May 3rd episode of SBS’s ‘Thank You,’ the guests were Lee Moon SaeSeo Hee Tae, Ha Ji Won, and Lee Hi. The group had a candid discussion with each other and spoke clearly enough to cover the generation gap among the guests.

During the show, Ha Ji Won said, “After filming ‘Sector 7′ I received psychiatric help.  I could not break away from my character.  In the movie ‘Sector 7′ the monster dies, and all the people I love die and I am the only one left alive and for some reason I could not break away from the pain of that character for quite some time.

After the conclusion of ‘Sector 7′ I needed to go in for the script reading for ‘Secret Garden‘, but I could not break away from my character on ‘Sector 7′ so the entire script reading was a mess.  I knew I could not do it alone so I sought out professional help,” the actress shared amongst tears.

Ha Ji Won also said, “I don’t think I’m a fun person.  I get very invested to my character and when the project ends, I realize just how boring the real Ha Ji Won is.  So even when I am on a break I purposefully try to be more busy.”

We are glad Ha Ji Won was able to find help for herself, otherwise we may never have been able to watch the amazing chemistry between her and Hyun Bin in ‘Secret Garden’.

source: allkpop

Annyeong chinggus! I'm here again. Thanks for the active commenters here, I've enjoyed silent lurking these past weeks. 
I'm relieved Jiwonnie was able to overcome her dilemma of getting out of her character Hae Joon of sector 7. I have not imagined that this is how actors do their job. Jiwonnie, for instance, goes all in to be her character, we all know that. But I didn't imagine that they really become their characters and feel the pain they feel off cam. I guess this shows how true and passionate as an actress Ha Ji Won is. I hope HJW will be more emotionally and mentally strong so that she won't encounter this problem again. And I hope she'll have a well-deserved rest and realize that her life as Jeon Hae Rim/Ha Ji Won is not as boring as she thinks it is. I hope for her overall happiness. 

Welcome Back @mssegacrazy, Ha Ji Won is really a great actress, she becomes the character and that is what makes her a damn good actress! 
I think Ha Ji Won is the only one that don't realizes the amazing woman that she is! She is always so bright and smiling, but maybe she is not so happy how we think she is :( Hope that she will be surrounded by good friends and she will find love soon, it's too many years that she hasn't someone to love her and that makes her feel an amazing yeoja!
The fact that she asked for professional help shows that she is really strong, admitting to have a problem and fight it, it's not so common, many pepole just keep their problem consume themselves and have not the strength to overcome them! 

Actress Son Ye-jin said, "I met Ha Ji-won recently and we became sisters". The two are part of a group called the 'Ha Son Kim' which stands for Ha Ji-won, Son Ye-jin and Kim Ha-neul, the top possible leading actresses that CJ, Lotte Entertainment and others love. http://www.hancinema.net/son-ye-jin-i-am-glad-to-have-ha-ji-won-by-my-side-35570.html So, 'HaSonKim' mean is Ha Ji Won, Son Ye Jin and Kim Ha Neul 
935239_459143344174328_459237883_n.jpg

Thanks to Ha Ji Won Indonesia Fans Club

@piethanks for the warm welcome! :x
yeah Ha Ji Won is such an amazing actress and an amazing person in general. I wonder why she isn't so happy living her HJW life (I'm not sure if what she meant is this). Yeah, and like you, I hope she'll be surrounded with many friends that will make her anticipate and appreciate her life as the offcam HJW more. I agree too that she is really strong and honest to herself for seeking psychiatric help. That's another thing about HJW that makes me appreciate and admire her more. I think she should do more things as the real HJW/Jeon hae rim so that she can concentrate on defining the meaning of her life, except being an actress. 

credit to The King 2 Hearts with Lee Seung Gi & Ha Ji Won

Since ‘The King 2 Hearts′ premieres in Taiwan tonight (10pm) on Videoland Drama, this is something that should be posted before the day ends. I′m currently working on my Chinese skills using what I′ve learned, starting from translating everything′s written on ‘Taiwan Play Magazine′, featuring TK2H, into English. (There might be a little mistake, just forgive me for that.) I′ve also copied and typed the original from the magazine, so that those who understand Chinese can correct me if there′s an error. For now, here′s the first installment. Enjoy reading, Hearties! ^^

女神地位無人能敵
Goddess′ Position Invincible

當1987年出生的李昇基, 遇上1978年出生的河智苑, 無論是年紀或是演藝圈的資歷, 河智苑的地位都不只是年長的姐姐, 1997年就出道的她更是李昇基心中的大前輩. 能够與河智苑這位優秀的女演員合作, 他開心的笑說:「我相信所有的演員最大的願望應該都是可以跟河智苑合作吧, 她在我和所有劇組工作人員眼中, 可是價值超過百萬美元的好演員呢!」 (笑)

When Lee Seung Gi (born in year 1987), meets Ha Ji Won (born in year 1978), regardless of age or showbiz qualifications, Ha Ji Won’s standing is not only as an older sister (noona), debuted in year 1997 she is more of a senior in Lee Seung Gi’s heart. To be able to work with an excellent actress Ha Ji Won, he happily expresses, “I believe all the actors’ greatest wish ought to be able to work with Ha Ji Won, she’s in my eyes and in the eyes of the all the crew and staff, yet its value exceeds a million dollar of a good actress!” (laughs)

對於可以實現願望與河智苑一起演戲, 李昇基坦言自己也難掩心中的緊長與期待, 他說:「原本還很擔心因為年紀的關係會讓我們產生距離, 但在第一次見到前輩後就發現是自己多心了! 雖然她已經是位演戲經驗很豐富了, 但卻可以保持初裏般以很單纯的心來演戲, 這點真的令我很佩服!」

With regard to be able to achieve the wish of acting together with Ha Ji Won, Lee Seung Gi admits that he also has to conceal the nervousness he feels with the expectations, he says, “Very worried originally because the age-related matter might enable us to produce distance, however, after seeing sunbaenim (Ha Ji Won) for the first time, I found out I was doubtful! Although her acting experience is already abundant, yet she has maintained a very pure heart in acting since the beginning, this feature really made me admire her!” 

Source: Taiwan Play Magazine (Vol 170)
English translation: TK2H with LSG & HJW (FB page)
*Please do put proper credit if you′re going to repost or share.
197788_512646658800378_1231131399_n.jpg

I don't think HJW is unhappy with her offscreen life.  I think it's just her personality to want more excitement than regular life has to offer, and she finds that when she's acting.  It really is amazing how seriously she takes her roles.  Truly an inspirational and amazing actress and person.

Hi @danit :) That maybe possible. It's really probably because of her personality (always seeking challenges and wants more excitement). 
I really love watching HJW on variety shows because every time she guests in those, I see her bright personality as well as I discover something inspirational about her. 
Do you guys know when the Huntresses will be out on theater? thanks! :D I can't wait kyaa.

Hi @mssegacrazy :D I love seeing HJW on variety shows too, she has such a fun loving, competitive personality that she always gives her best and is up for all the craziness.

Ga In (BEG) talks about movie The Huntresses and Ji Won in Bazaar magazine ^^

~~ This is the first time I star in the historical/action movie so everything was awkward. Hanging on the wire, I felt scared and couldn't think of anything but Ji Won unnie still played on that. I had to learn how to breathe underwater. My character uses nunchucks so I also practised kungfu. I had to try my best to survive and not to endanger other people. Ji Won unnie is so good that the standard is really high. In South Korea, she is the only actress doesn't hide herself (means she doesn't need a stuntwoman) when filming action scenes. Working with her in the first action movie gave me a little pressure. On the coldest day of December, we had a scene underwater. We didn't wear wetsuit but ordinary clothes to jump into the sea. I really couldn't do that. However, Ji Won unnie didn't soak her body in the water to be familiar with coldness, just shouted "let's go" and jumped into the sea. Then no matter how the water was cold, we didn't feel cold because of numbness. I couldn't remember anything in those 3-4 seconds. ~~

Rough trans by JiWonderland
284192_484143838322045_1949678710_n.jpg

pieracapozucca said:

Ga In (BEG) talks about movie The Huntresses and Ji Won in Bazaar magazine ^^

~~ This is the first time I star in the historical/action movie so everything was awkward. Hanging on the wire, I felt scared and couldn't think of anything but Ji Won unnie still played on that. I had to learn how to breathe underwater. My character uses nunchucks so I also practised kungfu. I had to try my best to survive and not to endanger other people. Ji Won unnie is so good that the standard is really high. In South Korea, she is the only actress doesn't hide herself (means she doesn't need a stuntwoman) when filming action scenes. Working with her in the first action movie gave me a little pressure. On the coldest day of December, we had a scene underwater. We didn't wear wetsuit but ordinary clothes to jump into the sea. I really couldn't do that. However, Ji Won unnie didn't soak her body in the water to be familiar with coldness, just shouted "let's go" and jumped into the sea. Then no matter how the water was cold, we didn't feel cold because of numbness. I couldn't remember anything in those 3-4 seconds. ~~

Rough trans by JiWonderland
284192_484143838322045_1949678710_n.jpg

• Like 1

Ha Ji Won Sought Help Via Counseling To Break Away From Emotional Role

Ha Ji Won devotes considerable physical and emotional energy to preparing for a drama or film role. She is known for taking on physical challenges such as learning to scuba dive or how to ride a motorcycle or even shadowing a world-class table tennis player to prepare for a role. The result is a very convincing performance where viewers find it easy to believe that she really is a North Korean Special Forces officer as she was in "King 2 Hearts" or the tough oil rig inspector she played in the film "Sector 7."

But the dark side of dedicating yourself so thoroughly to playing a character is that it can be hard to let go when the show is over.
Cont. http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/26934/20130507/ha-ji-won-undergoes-counseling.htm
197820_610798688931620_1327428817_n.jpg

Hello chingus!! Thanks all for the postings here...would love to help too but I am always a step behind LOL.
@pie...thanks for the pics and articles as always
@sayadew...thanks for the trans
All i can say is...am so proud that HJW recognized the fact that she needed help and she actually went out and got it. That is just being responsible. This only shows that she knows herself truly...she did not let anything get in her way to make herself feel and act better. I have heard about this type of struggle before among actors/actresses. The good ones fully immerse themselves into their roles...and quite frankly it can get dangerous. Knowing how her schedule was at that time...it wasn't surprising. I mean to actually go to the next project the moment you just finished another one is just crazy lol (but she did it with flying colors!). She definitely needed the break in between. I mean..look at us..it takes us awhile to start watching a new drama/movie especially if it is something we really love. And to think we only immerse ourselves in matter of hours...really...she is soooo amazing.
I think her feeling lonely is just...well as an actress she gets to live vicariously into these amazing heroine character that she plays. Who wouldn't want to live like that, right? It's not that her life is boring but i think she really is happy with her work. But just like what Pie said...I really hope that she gets to experience the wonders of ordinary life...friendships, love and family life.
I wonder if she will attend the Baeksang event tomorrow?? 8-> It is always a pleasure to see her in the red carpet!!! :-bd

Hi @cynder, hope to see her at the Baeksang too, it's a very long time that she dosn't attend important events, but i don't think she will go, usually only winners or best actors and actress nominees attend! 
I was thinking that this may be the longest break for Ha Ji Won, she always had at least 2 movies per year or 1 movie and 1 drama, but this year seems that her project will be only The Huntress, but i'm still hoping that she will do something by the end of this year!

Ohh no!!!....did they pick the winners already for her category?
 God knows she really deserve a break but i hope not too long. I hope its not selfish of us to wish that she picks a new project soon. Tbh, i have been checking the news diligently about it...please, please pick one already  [-O<  [-O<  [-O<