♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

The news of JDG, HJW and JJ going for a new drama really made me so happy despite thinking that HJW needs to rest but watching her interview translated by uxmod I feel happy as she longs for her work... The great casting has captured my attention add the premise of the drama!!! This is going to be so awesome!!!

I guess HJW is trying for this genre after all those rumors of her to star in Athena and now she has Peninsula! We've all seen her do her action stunts so if Peninsula needs richard simmons kicking then it would be a piece of cake for HJW!!!

Check out this BTS BangBang CF shooting few years ago, it is really funny. KSW teases HJW a lot. I have translated the part that I found funny.

My youtube Link

@1:01 KSW put his hand on HJW's shoulder, knowing HJW, she started smiling, then laughed as she pushed his hand away. A voice in the background asked KSW why his hand was there. KSW said: I myself is also curious, why did I put my hand on her shoulder!?

@1:15 - 1:25 I had no idea what KSW was doing but it just looks too funny.

@1:29 KSW said to HJW: I cannot see anything, move over.

@1:32 After watching the film, PD asked HJW: Are you satisfied with it?

@1:37 KSW said to HJW: Hurry up and answer, he just asked you a question, don't be shy.

@1:41 PD to KSW: What do you think of it? KSW: I am very pleased with it.

@1:49

Reporter: Why are you always teasing HJW?

KSW: I did it for the fans who are watching.

HJW: when I am with KSW, I feel the need to laugh

KSW: yeah i look like I make people laugh

HJW: haha, no that's not it, oppa does not know how to say 'praising' words, so instead he uses jokes, is that right?

KSW: actually you love it when I am joking around

@2:20

Reporter: The two of you have been the BangBang couple for 5 years, what question do you get asked the most?

KSW: What is attractive about HJW?

Reporter: And so what answer do you give?

KSW: I said there is none, there is nothing attractive about her.

@2:31

Reporter: That is why I came prepared today. Let me ask you guys this: Imagine you two are interviewing each other, what question would you like to ask the most?

KSW: You go first.

HJW: What do you normally do during down time?

KSW answered: Eat (rice?)

KSW asked: Do you have a boyfriend?

HJW: No, I don't have. It is sad.

KSW: Sad?

@3:18

Reporter: If you really fall for a woman like HJW, what would you do?

KSW: I would chase her. Her response will defintely be 'YES!!"

@3:49 Reporter probably asked a question about what project they will be doing next?

KSW: Later this month, I will be preparing for the shooting of a new SBS drama. I will be working very hard and give viewers my best. On the other hand, HJW will be taking a very very long break, she will rest for a long while.

HJW: I hope to bring to viewer a new and very different character...... KSW (interrupting HJW at 4:02): for viewer/fan's sake, she will go on an extended long break/rest........

@4:08 KSW continued to interrupt as HJW covered his mouth: HJW will come back to a SBS drama in year 2015.

thanks chi chi for the translation..I have a file of this video and I don't understand what they are talking....now i know what it is.. KSW is really funny...

Guest lovehbhjw

So HJW is going to be a politician in this big drama huh?

If so, it will be interesting to see her being challenged in vastly different roles.

That also sets my mind at peace if she has less romantic scenes with male lead....  hahaha :P

Guest Chi Chi

@ Aziraphale, I hope you are not done with this thread, please come back and post more. I liked what you said, and so did 16 other ppl I believe.

@ uxmod, you are a star. Appreciate your effort on translation and spreading the HJW love, I am able to appreciate HJW more because of your translated interviews. I have seen fans in other thread heavily replying on google/online translations, as a result fans are receiving misleading information.

@bashful, mench. It was my pleasure : )

@kjkfan7 I am actually not sure if she still model for Bangbang. I have not seen anything new at all.

Not sure if this information was posted before, but I read somewhere that HJW told a reporter during an interview that her mom got upset while watching JWM rejecting GRI in SG, apparently she said what's wrong with my daughter, why JWM had to be so harsh and horrible to RI (HJW's mom see GRI as her daugher...lol). So HJW had to console her by explaining to mom that the objection is understandable, RI is a stuntwoman and JW is the CEO to a department store. A

(so cute...)

Guest lovehbhjw

@ chi chi

Oh where oh where did you read that article on HJW's mom response, it sounds really cute.

Thanks for sharing all the translated work...good stuff! ;)

Guest blue_cosmos

Edit: Ah seriously, people. Stop being so sensitive, for heaven's sake. I'm really annoyed that even in a peaceful thread like Ha Ji-won's, I'm not allowed to write what I think without some people getting their knickers in a twist. I am in no way implying that Ha Ji-won wasn't professional or that she and Hyun Bin had something going on or that she was a third party or whatever! For heaven's sake, whoever gave me the minuses, I'm not so upset at that as the fact that I know they occurred because I mentioned something about Hyun Bin's relationship with SHK and some people interpret that negatively. You know what, people? No matter what netizens say, if a relationship is strong, it lives on. If it's not strong to begin with, then it'll just end, and it's not your role nor mine to be a spokesperson for it.

Anyway whatever. I'm done with this thread.

Good on you for sharing your totally reasonable thoughts on this thread.  By the way, this is a public forum, so everyone is entitled to make their thoughts known.  I don't know why people would be minusing you, but I gave you my positive.  I myself haven't really focused on how much other people like my opinion or not.  If they don't like it, then whatever - it wouldn't shut me up anyway.

Guest shera_xxx

News 110126 Taecyeon's ideal type,Ha Ji Won is a Dream High fan

14wsufd.jpg

Recently, Ha Jiwon was interviewed and was asked about Taecyeon.

Q: Say something to your big fan Taecyeon?

A: Thank you so much. I've been watching "Dream High" and supporting you. I'm worried that you'll change your favourite actress. However, I hope you won't change your heart. haha.

credit: Newsen (SOURCE), Shulmae@TAECYEON.COM (KRN►CHN TRANS); Joan_.@2ONEDAY.COM (CHN►ENG TRANS)

http://www.koreantopnews.com/story.php?title=news-110126-taecyeons-ideal-type-ha-jiwon-is-a-dream-high-fan

Ko soo i a better choice , he is young looking  but mature in a  way n older by one yr ...good choice right ...Haha we are helping our dear HJW is find an amzing guy.Won bin is the type where you dun noe what is in his mind kind of guy.Hope she can work with  Ko Soo, i  kind of like him aft his confession  n read more abt him , good looking , young  looking at his age n sincere.

Guest gle_perry

@ coppersun  I also agree with you, ko soo match also played in the new drama ha ji won

I hope news of this drama is not just a rumor ..tongue2.gif:tongue2:

Ko soo i a better choice , he is young looking  but mature in a  way n older by one yr ...good choice right ...Haha we are helping our dear HJW is find an amzing guy.Won bin is the type where you dun noe what is in his mind kind of guy.Hope she can work with  Ko Soo, i  kind of like him aft his confession  n read more abt him , good looking , young  looking at his age n sincere.

actually, they are the same age. HJW and KoSoo. they both are born in 1978.

WB is older by one year (born in 77, if I'm not mistaken)

I like both WonBin and KoSoo. they are good actors, both of them. I know nothing about their personal life and personality, obviously, but both seem reserved and quiet type.

whoever it's gonna be, am hoping he's going to be someone amazing! she deserves nothing but the best!

I'm a bit confused about the discussion regarding this Korean Peninsula, though. why are ppl comparing this to Athena? I thought it's going to be a political drama (ala Daemul), and HJW's role would be something like that of Condi Rice... which is so exciting!

But if this gonna be an action drama... erm... don't know how I should feel about this :(

Guest mylove.28

haha Ji Won unnie's interviews never fail giving me surprise. She is sincere and has sense of humorous. Her mom is also a gardener :D deeply falls in love with SG and characters :w00t:

There is still no confirmation for new drama :vicx:

Guest CHRUEZZ

Check out this BTS BangBang CF shooting few years ago, it is really funny. KSW teases HJW a lot. I have translated the part that I found funny.My youtube Link

The BTS was really funny, the way KSW teased HJW.

Hi everyone! Just have time to do a quickie post today...have to play catch up another time to read everyone's posts! But I just wanted to follow-up on the article for 2009 Blue Dragon Awards with the actual videos that I found. I really love Kim Myung Min's speech and it is already Eng-subbed.

Definitely had to post this! She's so cute here! Gotta go to bed now!! Good night everyone!youtube linkcredit:

thanks for sharing the YT links of the 31st Blue Dragon Awards, also for translating HJW's speech. Their speeches were really touching. The filming must've been very hard, but because of the support that they gave each to other, everything became bearable. Also the video from the press con, it cracked me up :lol:

Entertainer Jo Yeong Gu interviewed Ha Ji Won back in 2007 Jan 31st.You can download the clip and hardsub it if you like, I don't know how to hardsub. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Due to the popularity from "Secret Garden", the female fashion trend Crocodilelady has successfully signed Ha Ji Won as their spokesperson for 3 years, replacing the previous spokesperson Song Yun Ah.

*Big thanks to you. Love your translations, it's very detailed.

*Our Jiwon is really well-loved in the industry, she is known for being hardworking and for her honesty.

* ohhh, I didn't know that it is a new endorsement deal, thanks for the info :)

Let me re-clarify that again: She once mentioned before during her junior high school days, when she was asked to read English words, one of them was "LOVE" and she mistakenly thought and said it as "1023" After that, HJW made up the name "1023" for her fanclub. She said "1023" is like love, representing her fans as family members. SBS officially helped HJW made Oct 23rd as "Ha Ji Won Day" where she can hang out with her fans which are called 1023.

Another trivia! thanks!

Hi guys.. I just finished doing the hardsubs for the 2 videos which kjkfan7 provided. I'm currently uploading them on YouTube and Mediafire now. However, I'm kinda having a hard time downloading the Youku vids from uxmod's post. I hope someone here will be kind enough to help re-upload the vids to fileserve or mediafire, or whichever you prefer. As soon as I get the whole thing, I'll start doing the hardsubs for that video as well. :) Thanks! Will post the links of the first 2 vids later..2009 Blue Dragon Awards - Best Actress - Ha Ji Won | Speech [Eng] WATCH | DOWNLOAD31st Blue Dragon Handprint Ceremony - Press Con - Ha Ji Won | [Eng]WATCH| DOWNLOAD

Ha Ji Won Interview by Jo Yeong Gu [Eng] DOWNLOAD: 001 | 002Use HJsplitWATCH: PART 1 | PART 2Translations: uxmodHardsubbed: ps3hl :D-------@kjkfan7 - haha. I'm basically struggling with Hanggul myself, yours and uxmod's translations are worth the wait so no need to rush. :) Thanks again!

thanks for your effort :) Really appreciated.

viki-tvSEGA family!! omo! our mighty Ra-Im's lil bro was caught up in some mess... check this out!:Actor Jun Tae Soo booked for assaulting a taxi driver and two policemen *quoted image*

I'm very saddened by this news. :( HJW might be very disappointed w/ her brother. I hope that he reflects on his actions and wish that he had learned his lessons.

For those who minused you, maybe they are not really HJW's or SG's fans. Pls dont leave this thread. Pls do come back! We love you here.

@Aziraphale

If it makes you feel any better, I gave you a "plus" last night after I read your post and saw those minuses but didn't have time to answer you but look at you now...17 plus! Just goes to show you, what kind of COOL HJW fans are here!

I didn't even know the minus/plus thing even existed until people mentioned why they would get minuses. Like lovehbhjw said (wave to my g/f! :), I think some people misuse it. I can see if a post is inappropriate or disrespectful to give someone a minus but personally I just don't read that kind of stuff!

But to give a minus for having a different opinion or point of view?? We are entitled to have our opinions to share and discuss. I'm sure even as HJW fans, we will have different opinions to what our fav drama, or who are fav OTP, or fav outfit that she wears. But I truly believe that most fans here and in SG thread respect one another and would

never give a minus for having a different opinion. So I do hope you come back and not be discouraged! :)

BUT I do want to mention that I do see your point about why these kinds of questions are being asked in light of the huge popularity of SG and the chemsitry that is seen b/w HB and HJW. I guess I would have less of a problem had the reporter re-phrased the question not to include about him dating someone currently. They are actors and they are "acting" those scenes out. And yes I'm sure there can be distractions or maybe even feelings. But let's leave out the personal side of it out of these questions. Or else you would be asking any actor that has a "kiss" scene with someone who is married or dating, how it would feel. Oh no, I better stop here or else I will digress and go on and on! haha

I hope HJW can find someone that has a sense of humor since she has the most contagious and endearing laugh that will support her in her endeavors and can make her happy and love her for who HJW is and not those characters she has played. Personally for me, I hope it is someone like KJW who loves her, for only her! (Don't misunderstand me, I am not talking about HB! :sweatingbullets:

@7lotus

Thanks for the pic of HJW in that hanbok! She looks beautiful!

Guest CHRUEZZ

love her in hanbok :)

So HJW is going to be a politician in this big drama huh?If so, it will be interesting to see her being challenged in vastly different roles.That also sets my mind at peace if she has less romantic scenes with male lead.... hahaha :P

Why? could it be because of him ? hahahha :P Do we have the same thoughts? you could PM me:)

Not sure if this information was posted before, but I read somewhere that HJW told a reporter during an interview that her mom got upset while watching JWM rejecting GRI in SG, apparently she said what's wrong with my daughter, why JWM had to be so harsh and horrible to RI (HJW's mom see GRI as her daugher...lol). So HJW had to console her by explaining to mom that the objection is understandable, RI is a stuntwoman and JW is the CEO to a department store. A(so cute...)

hahaha indeed cute :) I love her interviews... She shares a lot. I noticed that in every interview she shares new things. Unlike some of the interviews of other celebs, infos/stories tend to be repetitive.

What a lucky fanboy. Maybe a lot of kpop idols are feeling jealous of him.

Guest CHRUEZZ

Here's my thoughts RE the upcoming drama "Peninsula"

This drama looks very promising, plus she gets to star with JDG. With HJW and JDG 2 of the best in the industry that's gonna be epic.

It was mentioned that the filming will begin in June and July and it will start airing in October, this is what bothers me. I think she needs to have a break first. In one of the interviews, she mentioned that the she began filming SG the day after filming sector7 ended. And as we all know filming a drama is really tiring. And days after filming SG she's been busy here and there with so much interviews , and she even went to Beijing for Prada show. Plus she'll be busy training table tennis for her upcoming movie "Korea" and then will start filming.. I'm really bothered by the timing. If they really want to cast her in the drama, they should postpone it. So she can have enough rest before the filming of drama starts.

She seems to be a loyal person. It was also mentioned that the writer is also the one the behind Hwang Jini. So most probably she will consider this project. On her Golden Fishery guesting, she mentioned that she didn't wanted to do WHIB but since she liked the Director, writer and the cast involved, she accepted the role. As for her movies, Miracle on 1st Street, Sex is Zero, Haeundae, were directed by the same director.

Let's wait for the announcement of her agency. Whether she decides to take the role/ offer or not, I'll support her all the way. And I trust her instincts and savvy eye in selecting projects.

Here is part 2 of the house visit: Just want to disclose something...my korean is at best around 80-90% since I was little when I left Korea. So I do have a hard time with difficult, formal korean words, slang and old korean sayings. I could call my mom but?? :) Anyways, so there are a few lines where I get the gist of it but don't know the difficult word they are using. ps3hl, I don't know if you could fill in those words for me since you said you are studying korean, I appreciate it!!

This is from part 1 at the end where LHJ asked if HJW had a bad habit:

Younger sister Jun Young Ju: When she sleeps, most people lie down on their back or side, but unnie like folds her legs like this like in yoga.

HJW: Can I lay down and show you? At first, I lie down like this but when I wake up, I didn't know I did this, other people told me this, Jiwon ah wake up, wake up and when I wake up, this is the position I'm in.

YJS: You sleep like that?

HJW: Yes, when people come to wake me up, they say I'm always in this model pose.

SEY: Can you sleep like this?

HJW: And always with this leg up.

SEY: Is this the yoga pose you were talking about?

HJW: Is this it?

JYJ: Actually its more extreme than that.

SEY to her mom: During school days, was there ever a moment when HJW made your heart break? When she didn't listen to you or why is she acting that way?

Mom: No there wasn't a time like that but when we moved to "Soo ahn" (?) at school, (this part I don't know what she is saying something about going to another school for something).

Her friend told me that she would go around saying "You think being pretty is everything?

HJW: Mom!

mom: So she suffered a lot from others.

LJH: Were there boy students waiting in front of the house?

HJW: There were a lot

They are all saying Omonni which is Mother (more formal word)

Mom: there wasn't a single one

HJW: To be honest mom, I would go around in circles so they wouldn't know where I lived.

They are saying Omonni again

HJW: That's the truth, really

LHJ: (I'm not sure what he asked here something about the boys again?)

Mom: No there weren't any

HJW: No Mom there were a lot that came

SEY: During school what was the worse grade that she got?

mom: she just..had....

Omoni

LHJ: These are HJW's awards

SEY: Oh really let's take a look, start from the beginning

SEY: Her name Jun Hae Rim class president

LHJ: When does your heart break for HJW?

Mom: When she comes home really late and have to go out in a few hours. She'll come home around 2am and ask me to wake her up at 5am. So when I go to wake her up at 5am its very heart breaking to me. I'll wake her up like this and she'll still be sleeping sitting up.

SEY: you mean like this?

mom: that's when it breaks my heart the most

SEY: for most moms, its like that when they have to wake up their daughters

YJS: omoni, what do you wish for HJW these days

mom: She is doing well now so just continue doing well

LHJ: When was your 1st kiss?

HJW: Freshman year in college

LHJ: Where?

HJW: Hm...where was it?

Everyone laughing

HJW: Why?

LHJ: Most people remember where they had their 1st kiss

HJW: at a cafe

SEY: Even though its (?? either it means crowded or public place)

HJW: There was nobody there at that time

SEY: She was brave

YJS: yeah at a cafe

HJW: Why are you asking me only?

SEY: We ask everybody

YJS: When was your 1st love?

HJW: at 22

LHJ: was he older or younger?

HJW: older

LHJ: by how many years?

HJW: oh what should I do?

SEY: That's ok

SEY: What about a really old guy? pointing to LHJ

LHJ: What? it's not alot

HJW: Older is okay

SEY: Older guy who is (?? don't know this word either) is ok?

(I like how she is trying to turn things around!)

HJW: Oppa you have a girlfriend right?

YJS: YJS is surprised. (Sorry I don't know what he said here)

LHJ: If you had a boyfriend later what would you like to do or where would you like to go?

SEY: If you had a boyfriend now, what would you want most?

HJW: Rather than going somewhere or anything like that , I would just like to hold hands walking down the street. Or holding each other like this walking down the street.

You see college students walking down the street holding hands like this.

My friend, I mean not my friend, but during school I had a friend who asked if he could could bring his girlfriend and they came in walking together like this holding hands. I was really envious.

They are teasing LHJ about going over to HJW's mom to get favor with her. They're saying on the internet, that they look cute together encouraging him to do it.

LHJ goes over to HJW's mom to give her a bow of respect.

YJS: Omoni, you accepted that bow right?

SEY: Omoni, how does it feel to get that kind of big bow?

mom: It feels good

SEY: You'll have to have a family meeting tonight

mom: Should I tell your dad to come home early to have a family meeting?

HJW: Mom!

SEY: Yes have one

LHJ: Thank you

SEY: Yes give us your answer via text msg

mom: Okay give me your cell phone # I will send you a text

YJS: The verdict of the family meeting...

SEY: Yes or no via text msg

YJS: I can tell what the text will be; the moment LHJ's car passes by, the answer is

"dang il sae" meaning no!

SEY: you are "kul lu suh" (sorry don't know how to translate this word pretty much saying he's not it)

YJS: you are "dang il sae"

SEY: (??)

YJS: you think I wouldn't know. Wake up from your dream!

Star Bombshell time:

Just FYI, koreans love to exfoliate dead skin. My mom would use this "scouring pad" to take the dead skin off when I was younger! It would hurt like crazy and your skin would be so red from all the scouring! They have "gentler" pads now but I think it would still hurt. Anyways, that is what they are talking about here:

LHJ: Awhile ago, I had a swimming pool scene to film with Kim Hae Soo. I was really nervous so I went ahead. I was in the pool but 30 min later I noticed while in the water, my skin was slippery. I had been so busy I didn't have time to go to the bathhouse. The manager was going nuts. Kim Hae SOo was to arrive in 30 min so I went to the shower and exfoliated my skin "bak bak"! To the point where my skin turned red. Kim Hae Soo was asking

why is your skin so red? I said I didn't know, maybe from the sun?

YJS: I can understand how you felt, if you had do a scene and her hand goes slippery like this...

HJW: I think this is something that could happen to anyone. There is a scene in a swimming pool where I played a ghost. I had a breathing tank hidden under the dress because it was so deep and I was really nervous. And it was really scary and it would have taken a longer time to film if I went out of the water and back in, so you know there is something that you do...

SEY: bubbles going up?

YJS: you mean that thing where bubbles go up?

HJW: no not that

HJW: It would have been okay if I was by myself, but unnie that I was filming with was also there and I just went...

YJS: That unnie didn't know?

SEY: So you just went? That is a bomb!

YJS: And that unnie was close by you and to this day...

SEY: Would What if she had swallowed water?

HJW: Well she did fall into the water since it was a scene where I had to grab her legs.

HJW: Unnie I'm sorry

SEY: YJS, he was also voted #1 in a poll in a swimming pool, he would make a "mistake"

HJW: that seems right

SEY: LHJ was voted in a swimming pool the one that would apply oil

HJW: that seems right too

SEY: thank you for inviting us, eating such delicious food, we had a good time

YJS: I hope HJW's movie and afterwards will do well

LHJ: thank you 2 for coming...

SEY: LHJ when you were talking about Kim Hae Soo and the swimming pool incident, her mom was thinking really "dang il sae"!

YJS: "Dang il sae" Just go home and exfoliate your dead skin!

Hope this helps somewhat, despite some things I couldn't translate! Sorry this part took so long!

Guest Chi Chi

@ chi chi

Oh where oh where did you read that article on HJW's mom response, it sounds really cute.

Thanks for sharing all the translated work...good stuff! ;)

It is the interview she did with the reporter while drinking soju, the one done in 3 parts.

Original source in Korean (Nate). I think uxmod has translated this particular interview.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110126n10672

http://news.nate.com/view/20110126n10727

http://news.nate.com/view/20110126n10770

Chinese translation here (credit safu.com)

http://narcissus09.pixnet.net/blog/post/33802533

Here are few questions/answers from that interview and I thought were interesting:

Q: Is there any part of your body that you are not happy about?

A: My hands, they are a bit rough. Due to HD TV, I focus taking care of my face more, and forgetting about my hands. During all the days I had to film (SG), I used one piece of mask per day, so I have used exactly 108 pieces. HaHa.

Q: Is there any interesting thing you could share about the scene in Ep17 - JW and RI driving into the rain.

A: We filmed that during subset, I said to HB "빈이", a man like this is so so cool, after that he went for it (sorry: I couldn't really understand this in Chinese).

Q: One day if you become a production official (something like that), what would you like to change?

A: I want to make sure actors/actresses get proper sleeping time. During HJI filming, I had experienced 'only one hour sleeping in the bed' in a 8 days span. During SG, because we did not have to travel long distance between scene, so I did not have the opportunity to sleep in the van. When we had overnight shoot, I am not joking, you could hear 'snoring' everywhere at the filming site. Haha.

Q: Did you feel happy when you received script with hospital bed scene?

A: Of course, when I received the script and there were scenes where RI had to lay in bed motionless, every staff said, "Ha Ji Won you are so lucky", and also HB, he said 'You have hospital bed scene again?? (in a jealous tone)'. Haha.