♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest minnie0103

Hello, fellow 1023RS! Another long post from me! I did this to kill some time. ㅋㅋ :)
I've been seeing netizens' comments about Ha Ji Won being typecast. They even say that starting from Haeundae, Secret Garden, Sector 7, The King 2 Hearts, As One, up to the upcoming The Huntresses, she does nothing but ACTION. Uhmmm... didn't they hear Ha Ji Won had said that ACTION is everything to her. And besides, I think if you're good at it, why don't you continue with it? Right?
It's true,  nowadays, she has her eyes on action. But during the previous years, she already played various characters both in TV dramas and movies. It's VERSATILITY. :)
A VERSATILE actress is someone who can be...
A terrible high school girl and leader of a trouble team 314746_301460343204242_425914822_n.jpg

Rape victim with a split personalitymqdefault.jpg 
A scary (but pretty) ghost... (LOL. SCARY but PRETTY? Is there something like that? :D )nightmare1.jpg

An alcoholic university student at the present time who has an unrequited love for her best friend553488_325740830833531_1584647843_n.jpg

An ambitious and power-hungry sister photo8515en0.jpg

An heiress of a rich family who grew up in the United States but unexpectedly falls in love with a poor guytumblr_mljpztAUDS1qk5azjo4_250.gif

A young journalist who solves a mysterious case on her own
HaJiWonseeksanswersinPhone.jpg?width=737

A sexy chic who works hard in aerobics10174945_gal.jpg

A hotel worker who is attracted to a hotel guest251879_473174596027364_702852553_n.jpg

A simple wife who loves her husband images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYrin_JgXP_6szKQ9KGFF 
A legendary police woman DamoK-Drama2004EP1-81.jpg

A happy-go-lucky high school student who always causes trouble7173_595445467133609_880877020_n.jpg
A pretty brat girl who doesn't believe in Godha-ji-won-1316_thumb362.jpg

A tourist guide who is loved by two different men at the same timevlcsnap-00018_cr_zps488382ae.jpg

A young cute cheerleadermqdefault.jpg

An orphan who achieves her dream of becoming a program writer in a radio stationimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQacTVt_r0dN92SAclz2AM

A female detective in Joseon-era936full-duelist-poster.jpg

A gisaeng who's beautiful and talented, living her life as an artistimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5HX8CPauL0hTgnSlrEqP

A female boxer who wants to be a 'champion' m151294368.jpg

A promising pianist whose career takes a blow because of stage frightm134095114.jpg

A woman abandoned by her lover and a mother who passes away after giving birthHis_Last_Gift-008.jpg

A daughter of a sushi restaurant owner s_haeundae33.jpg

A funeral director who takes good care of her sick husband, loves him, and stays with him until the end55737149213043413178073.jpg

An amazing stuntwomanimg2194156f.jpg

An oil rig worker who fights against an extraordinary monsterHa-Ji-Won-In-Sector-7-Movie.jpg

A North Korean Special Forces instructor who later on becomes South Korea's Queen cd8114791405c8fae10efd2dbf42e26413324707

A table tennis championphoto217409.jpg

Typecast? That's because she loves action so much! These different characters portrayed by Ha Ji Won show how AMAZING and VERSATILE she is! ;)

Thank you @minnie0103, i can't believe that there are people that said that Ha Ji Won does nothing but action, it's obvious that they didn't watch her dramas and movies, and even in action drama or movies like damo, or secret garden the action wasn't the main topic, in Damo she was struggling with her feelings, in Secret Garden she is a stuntwoman, but action is not a topic at all, in fact it is focused in fantasy and a love story, The king 2 hearts had 2 or 3 action scenes but the rest was all about politic and a love between a north and south korean, in fact we can say that the only action movie she did is Sector 7 and a little Miracle on the 1st street and As One. 
I hope her next project won't have nothing to do with action, i don't want her to be typecasted, she is a great actress that can do everything, she is been horror queen, sexy queen, melo queen, action queen, now it's time to take another spot as best actress in korea!

• Like 1

@minnie and pie...I would ignore those comments about HJW being typecast as an action actress. Obviously these are people who have no idea who she really is. If they can only take the time to look at her work or at least her resume...that should clear the versatility issue. I bet you these are people who have not even seen much of her films or dramas. These are the type of people who looks at the success or failure of a drama/film by just watching 2-3 episodes. I have even seen bad comments about her latest film, The Huntresses, which is yet to be shown...does that even make sense? LOL  [-( I am not saying this because I am obviously a HJW fan. I just can't stand ignorance being used as an excuse to make thoughtless comments about HJW..or any other artist in that matter.

Ha ji won moved tears during interview in Thank you show ep 10.

as in an interview during the time of promoting Sector 7, Ha Ji Won said that she had to visit a psychotherapist.
she was too immerse in character Hae Joon. After receiving psychotherapy treatment, she could bid farewell to Hae Joon (her caracter in Sector 7).
she remember the hard time, both physically and mentally when filming Sector 7

Credit to Sis Chi Ha.Thank you so much ♥249183_568823043148347_1656234834_n.jpg

HJW is one of the few actresses in Korea who was able to plan her career trajectory well. She is extremely intelligent and knew how to make use of what she have and prepare for the things she will lose as she gets older. It's a sign of intelligence and those people bashing her are stupid.
For one, she knows she cannot continue doing straight out romantic giddy movies when she's older. So she did it when she was younger. but she also had the sense to choose roles that have different "flavors". In Memories of Bali, her character is very gray. she's not your innocent clean type of woman there. she was extremely flawed and damaged. because of that, directors and the viewers were able to accept her succeeding characters which weren't always sweet and innocent. Those roles gave her a chance to actually "act" as well. pretty smart.
but then, she had the sense to balance it out. in other movies, she was a true elegant leading lady. 
As she got a little older, it was amazing that she was able to continue doing romantic comedies but she had enough sense to transition to action movies. She knew that time will come she cannot be all romantic anymore. She showed her action capabilities and that allowed her more opportunities as she aged. Look at her now, one of the few women in Korea in her 30s that has continuous and steady projects where she is the lead. 
She will eventually lose her hold on romantic comedies, maybe but she she can be an actions star and dramatic star and quite frankly, no other actress in Korea has established themselves in action and drama as strongly as she has. 
It's all a strategic career move. 
Even her move to put up her own agency and manage herself is strategic. She is already Ha Ji Won. she is already a brand by herself and it's about time she owns herself. from now on, everything she does will be her property. and she gets all present and future earnings. she can control all her decisions and can dictate how she wants to promote herself. management companies take anywhere from 10 percent to 50 percent. now, HJW will take everything to herself and she will be able to create her own brand without having to worry about a management company. 
I am assuming she will take this company further. she will not stop at managing herself. she will eventually do something else with it. either to produce movies, manage other talents, put up a fashion labels or whatever. 
so the next time someone says she is being typecasted as an action, say "look up the meaning of typecast. look up the meaning of "action as a genre" and look up at the history of successful actresses who have managed to sustain their success... then talk to me." tell them you don't talk to stupid people, it stunts your intellectual growth. 

• Like 1

Ha ji won in Thank you ep 10 is must watch angels.you will more know about ha ji won and will love her even more.
here trans when ha ji won talked about Sector 7 and Secret garden.
our greatest Thanks to Jiwonderland FP for fast Translation.this is mean alot ♥ ^^

945689_482859578450471_1836954057_n.jpg

Here is the rough translation of the story about Sector 7 that Ha Ji Won shared in episode 10 of the show "Thank You".

Lee Moon Sae: People in the musical field are familiar with being immersed in a song for 3 minutes. However, for actors, if they play a character, it may take them several years, not just a few months to get out of the character. This world knows Gil Ra Im but you are not Gil Ra Im and have to return to Ha Ji Won. Many actors couldn't get out of their characters and got depression.

Ha Ji Won: If you have much time, you can get out of the character naturally. But sometimes it isn't fine like that. Thus, I once received psychotherapy.

Cha In Pyo: What?

Ha Ji Won: I received psychotherapy.

Cha In Pyo: To get out of the character?

Ha Ji Won: Yes.

Cha In Pyo: In which film?

Ha Ji Won: I finished filming Sector 7, then I attended the first script reading for drama Secret Garden on the following day but I was sorry that I couldn't read the script and left that place.

Cha In Pyo: Why?

Ha Ji Won: I couldn't concentrate on that.

Cha In Pyo: Did you think of the monster? In Sector 7?

Ha Ji Won: No. I don't know...

Cha In Pyo: This is a big problem. We almost couldn't enjoy Secret Garden.

Lee Moon Sae: You knew you sat beside Hyun Bin but you couldn't concentrate on reading the script?

Ha Ji Won: It's not like that (laugh). In fact, filming Sector 7 was very interesting because I wanted to face challenges but the main character was left alone in the end of the movie. People whom she loved all died, so did the monster. I thought "no problem" but I couldn't focus on the script (Secret Garden). I really couldn't. Then I thought if I continued to be like this, it wasn't good so I went to see a psychiatrist. The doctor said "close your eyes and think of Hae Joon". I closed my eyes and thought of Hae Joon, but I saw myself on the platform in the rain, the body was bleeding, then fell down and fainted. (Ji Won began to shed tears)

Lee Moon Sae: I don't ask any special question, I keep silent. I only talk and Sector 7... This is pain actors don't know what to do. Maybe. So depressed that you had to see the psychiatrist. Now thinking of the situation at that time...

Cha In Pyo: Hae Joon was faint in the exhausted and solitary condition on the platform. What did you talk to her? 

Ha Ji Won: I thought of that and said to myself "You worked hard... You did well.."...

You may watch the show: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzk937_ha-ji-won-iii-sbs-s-thank-you-e10-05-03-2013_shortfilms

By JiWonderland
 — con Gwen Xuang

Guest kdramafanusa

Soopke said: @kdramafanusakdramafanusa aaah was it from 2011? My bad. It popped up on my google recent news list about HJW.
Nonetheless, she's still quite popular 2 years later :)