Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

Hello BrisaBreeze, isn't it good to see Soo Ae again in a drama? Time is drawing near and I feel like unreal. It's a funny feeling hihi.

How interesting or just coincidence that Eunha is also her character name in Love Letter. Jisook is the nick name she uses for JiHyung in A Thousand Days Promise. And the story of poor woman mixed up with the rich man family - Queen of Ambition.

Told myself be patience and wait, but I don't know how many times I've watched the trailer already. The more I watch the more I like it. Oh, I hope it won't disappoint. 

Guest BrisaBreeze

Hello TRAN! :D 

I'm so HAPPY to see my old friend. I thought I would be lonely here. Hehe. It's been such a long time. Hope you're doing well. 

Oops. I just saw your post here before moving. So sorry for not answering, but I did say hi to you on the temporary one. I guess it's on the way here. :lol: Su Ae was mean to us fans, right? She kept us wait for 2 years, but i forgave her since her casting news was released. :D 

It's funny that I felt the same as you about the names. When I read it's Ji Sook, KRW's face was kinda stuck in my head. lol. But the most important thing is that I REALLY hope the story will be totally different from Yawang. I haven't watched Secret, but I heard many good things of the writer. From the papers, Ji Sook is like Da Hae (but she's a good girl this time) and Min Woo is similar to Yunho's character. I'm also interested in Seo Eun Ha. I will feel sad for her too. :tears: This will be my first Korean drama since Yawang. lol. My feelings from the old days started to coming back again. :) 

Only 2 weeks left, TRAN. And we will be able to see Su Ae on the screen again after a 2-year wait.

Now please enjoy Seo Eun Ha and Byun Ji Sook's stills

MASK: First Stills

l_2015051201000634400042011_zpstuovmrxg.

l_2015051201000634400042012_zpsjy4nyqzr.

Credit: Golden Thumb Pictures

Soo-ae returns to small screen in 'Mask'

2015/05/12 |

Soo-ae will return to the small screen with the leading role in SBS' new Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Mask" beginning on the 27th of this month.

Soo-ae is drawing much of public attention while the news she landed the leading role in "Mask" allowed the related words to be ranked top on primary portal search sites.

Soo-ae will play double role as 'Seo Eun-ha' from a prominent wealthy family and 'Byeon Ji-sook', who is a confident hardworking woman from an ordinary family. It will be a good opportunity for viewers to enjoy Soo-ae's attractive presence and her sturdy acting performances.

In one of the photos released on May 12th, Soo-ae is wearing a red dress while she is reading a fashion magazine. And in another photo, she is dressed up in simple clothing. Soo-ae shows off her contrasting image in the photos.

The production company, Golden Thumb Pictures said, "Dramas with actresses as the main character are strong these days" and "Soo-ae will be able to continue such a powerful trend".

"Mask" is about competition, secret battle, conspiracy, vengeance and mystery among four characters in the drama: the main character who became a daughter-in-law in a chaebol family while hiding her identity, the male leading character who is trying to protect the woman unconditionally. The one who is trying to uncover the true identity of the woman and the one who is trying to help hide her identity

"Mask" will begin on May 27th after the completion of 'The Girl Who Sees Smells'

Source: Hancinema

Edited by BrisaBreeze

Guest BrisaBreeze

Japanese Agancy

201505111354778459_555127ab4a736_zpsaxdh

According to Google Translate, yesterday there was news about Su Ae going to Japanese market. It says that she's reviewing a contract with K-Dash which is Ken Watanabe's agency. She's still reviewing it, and nothing has been confirmed yet. I know it's a good opportunity for her, but I prefer her to do more works in Korea. Anyway, good luck, Su Ae ssi. :)

Source: Osen via Nate 

Guest BrisaBreeze

[VID] Mask: Second Teaser

Source: SBSNOW 

This teaser is what I've been waiting for! It's funny and mysterious at the same time.

Can't wait to see when Ji Sook meets Min Woo for the first time. It must be hilarious. :lol:

Edited by BrisaBreeze

Guest BrisaBreeze

[VID] Mask: Poster Shoot

Postershooting_zpsaifbxqrg.jpg

She was having fun during the shoot. :w00t:

Edited by BrisaBreeze

BrisaBreeze, how many teaser do we get before the premier? Keep teasing us.... I can't believe but Soo  Ae can still looks cute at her age as Jisook at the department store. And sexy elegant Athena with her strapless dress. 

I don't know how they meet,  but hope for a memorable one. Soo Ae gets to romance both guys as Eunha and JungHoon (not yet remember his character name) and as Jisook  and Minwoo.

So do you think JungHoon killed Eunha? (maybe she's pregnant with his child, or he's don't want to lose her to Minwoo?)  And offer Jisook to replace her. So that Jisook forever be under his finger? He does seem evil in the teaser... :)

Guest BrisaBreeze

TRAN, I think we have to wait until Monday for the posters, and we will get to see the highlight on this coming Tuesday at the press conference. Tons of pics and video clips will flood as well. Hehe.

I remember that you talked about Su Ae’s appearance at the temporary forum. I have to agree with you again (since it’s not here yet) that she doesn’t change much from 2003. She can pull off a younger character and still looks young and fresh. She’s aged beautifully or doesn’t at all.  :D

Personally, I want to believe that Seok Hoon (Yeon Jung Hoon) is not involved in Eun Ha’s death, and only takes advantage of it. But he’s described to be extreme, so there’s a chance that he will plan the accident after Eun Ha tells him that she has met someone who looks exactly like her (Ji Sook), so that he will be able to control over Ji Sook. Su Ae’s character is having an affair again after Lee Seo Yeon. Coincidentally, they used Seo Yeon’s pic for the funeral as well. lol.

Mask: Character Stills

Byun Ji Sook

Img0404_20150513172251_1_zpsvn2oln4e.jpg

Img0404_20150513172251_2_zpshpq1rclj.jpg

Seo Eun Ha

Img0404_20150513172251_3_zpssulgu7bi.jpg

WE67870704_w666_zpsage58oy7.jpg

Credit as labelled.

Guest BrisaBreeze

Mask: News

Diamonds and mirrors hide hidden agendas in Mask

by javabeans | May 7, 2015 |

SBS’s upcoming melodrama Mask certainly pours on the luxe for its first teaser, which depicts the central story of a woman who enters the rarefied world of the chaebol elite. The preview’s more of a metaphorical representation, with the normal-looking heroine entering the giant home of riches and luxury with wide-eyed wonder and being drawn into the fold.

Su Ae plays the lead who hides her identity in order to marry into a chaebol family; in the teaser, she walks into the grand mansion as her voice narrates, “When I’d given up everything, one man came my way.” That’s Joo Ji-hoon, the man who loves his woman regardless of her qualifications, and suddenly the two are dressed in elegant formalwear as they dine together. The narration adds, “A story created by the devil, beginning from heaven—Mask.”

As the antagonist out to unveil Su Ae’s identity, Yeon Jung-hoon steals glances of her, while Yoo In-young does the same with Joo Ji-hoon from her little hand mirror. It’s all rippling with symbolism, as everyone’s got secrets to hide and protect while living in a glittering world strewn with diamonds, practically literally.

Mask comes from writer Choi Ho-chul of Secret and director Bu Sung-chul of Heirs andJang Ok-jung, Live For Love; it will follow Girl Who Sees Smells and premieres later this month.

For the full article, please go to the like below.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/diamonds-and-mirrors-hide-hidden-agendas-in-mask/ 

Source: Dramabeans

Soo Ae Makes Her Comeback In A Drama By The Writer Of 'Secrets'

BY Julie Jones | May 13, 2015 10:31 AM EDT

Actress Soo Ae will be making her drama comeback in the SBS drama "Mask." It has been two years since the actress, once called "the queen of tears" appeared in the drama "Queen of Ambition."

In that drama she played a morally flawed ambitious woman who becomes Korea's First Lady. In her next drama, he plays a woman who assumes another woman's identity to survive.

She plays two roles in her next drama "Mask." She is Seo Eun Ha, a wealthy woman, and Byun Ji Sook, an embittered hardworking woman from a poor background.

According to Golden Thumb Pictures, the production company behind "Mask," the drama is part of a trend.

"Dramas with actresses as the main character are strong these days. Soo Ae will be able to continue this powerful trend."

It's not just actresses as the main character that are a strong trend but the characters they play are also strong, even if they have to use some unorthodox means to save themselves or their families.

Byun Ji Sook is struggling to pay off her father's debt so when she is mistaken for the wealthy Seo Eun Ha, she does not protest. She pretends to be Eun Ha even though it means marrying a wealthy stranger, Min Woo, played by Joo Ji Hoon. Byun JI Sook claims that she cannot afford to believe in love.

Min Woo grew up rich but emotionally neglected. He had everything money could buy but no nurturing love. So, while he expected his marriage to be a merger of money and power, he is pleasantly surprised by the way he feels about his bride. When he finds out her secret, he decides to keep it rather than risk losing her.

But that won't be easy to keep such a secret as someone else is trying to un-mask her.

Byun Ji Sook may not find an ally in Min Woo's half sister Mi Yeon, played by Yoo In Young. Mi Yeon lost out on inheriting the family business because of her brother and she's bitter because her husband, played by Yun Jung Hoon, loves another woman. She has plenty of grudges and time to act on them.

The drama also stars Infinite's Hoya and Kim Ji Min. Choi Ho Chul, who also wrote the screenplay for the hit melodrama "Secrets," has written the script for "Mask."

For the full article, please go to the like below.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/84015/20150513/soo-ae-makes-her-comeback-in-a-drama-by-the-writer-of-secrets.htm 

Source: K Drama Stars

I'm so sorry for posting these news so late. I have been busy with my life, but still want to post them as reference on Su Ae thread too. :)

Guest BrisaBreeze

Actress Soo Ae revealed to have been in a minor car accident

May 16, 2015 @ 6:05 am

Actress Soo Ae has been reported to have been in a minor car accident, but thankfully, she hasn't suffered any severe injuries.

On May 16 at 2:17am KST, a car hit her while she was on her way to film for her upcoming drama 'Mask', while on the second basement floor of Lotte World Tower & Lotte World Mall. She is said to have gone straight to the hospital.

A representative from her company Star J Entertainment told isplus, "Her hip and left leg are slightly hurt, and after being examined at the hospital, she was discharged immediately. She is planning to come back to filming."

It's a good thing she wasn't too badly hurt as she is currently filming for her upcoming drama 'Mask', which will start airing on May 27.

Source: Allkpop

Actress Soo Ae Reportedly Involved in Car Accident While Filming “Mask”

It is being reported that actress Soo Ae was recently involved in a car accident while filming for her new SBS drama, “Mask,” which took place at the Second Lotte World.

On May 16, at around 2:17 a.m. (KST), Soo Ae was in the middle of filming a scene on the second floor of the parking structure located at the Second Lotte World in Jamsil, Seoul when the actress was hit by a car that was backing up. It is said that she was transferred to a local hospital.

Fortunately, the actress was not severely injured, although she did sustain light injuries on her lower back and right leg. She was discharged from the hospital soon after receiving a check up and treatment from the hospital. Soo Ae’s agency has revealed that the actress plans to return to the filming set.

Source (1) (2)

Source: Soompi

I'm so relieved that she wasn't badly injured,  still I'm very worried. :tears: Hope she gets better real soon. Please be careful and take a good care of yourself, Su Ae ssi. 

Edited by BrisaBreeze

Guest BrisaBreeze

Olivia Lauren: Thanks, Olivia

mVisual_10th_zps5kkvbtxq.jpg

Source: Olivia Lauren

Cledbel

20150424164421743_zpsqllwkijv.jpg

Source: Cledbel

Edited by BrisaBreeze

It was lucky no major accident. Wonder if the production is falling behind schedule? Why must actors still work so late at night?  Amazing  thing is that they always didn't get enough sleep, yet they do look OK onscreen. Wonder where they get the energy from. If it's me my brain will not function hehe.

I'm so looking forward to see the press con, see their interactions,  especially Soo Ae's.

Guest BrisaBreeze

I don't think they are in a rush, because they started filming quite early. It seems like they have many scenes to be shot at the department store where the accident took place. I guess they have to wait until the store closes first in order to avoid people. Just my two cents. :)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow too. Hope we can get to watch it live. Hehe.

Mask: Stills

Img0404_20150518105806_3_zpsjapgk8ze.jpg

Img0404_20150518105806_4_zpswkufcixg.jpg

Img0404_20150518105806_2_zpstwxnejcg.jpg

Img0404_20150518105806_1_zpsjdj91yth.jpg

Source: SBS

Guest BrisaBreeze

[VID] Mask: 5-minute Preview

More news

Two Su Aes, one Mask

by javabeans | May 18, 2015 

Oh, is THIS what Mask is actually about — a switched-places doppelganger story? There was no mention before of Su Ae playing two characters, but there’s no doubt about it in the teaser below, where the two Su Aes come face to face in wide-eyed shock to run into each other for the first time. The producers should have just called this Who Are You—Mask 2015, or maybe Masked School: The Grown-Up Years, because it’s essentially the exact same premise, just set in the chaebol world rather than high school.

In the teaser below, Su Ae plays a well-to-do woman who finds out she has a doppelganger “living an entirely different life,” working at the fancy department store where she shops. Things get shady when one Su Ae ends up dead—murdered?—whom we see lying cold on a morgue slab; the villain of the piece, Yeon Jung-hoon, suggests a deal that would change someone’s life. The remaining doppelganger/twin ends up withJoo Ji-hoon, which explains previous descriptions of the character being keen to hide her identity in order to marry into the chaebol fold. Yoo In-young rounds out the main cast as Yeon’s wife, whose feelings for her spouse go unrequited.

It’s uncannily similar to the plot of Who Are You—School 2015, where one twin takes the place of another living a better life. School doesn’t have murder, chaebols, or marriages in its plot (…that we know of yet), but thematically it feels like we’re getting the same story, with the heroine navigating a new identity while trying to hide her old one. I highly doubt one drama copied the other, but it does make me wonder what Mask’s writer thought when he got scooped on the switched-lives plotline. Were curses uttered, things thrown? I wouldn’t blame him, but the early bird gets the worm and all that.

Mask kicks off its mysterious, revenge-driven, secret-laden run on May 27 on SBS.

Source: Dramabeans (for the full article)

Soo Ae’s Two Separate Characters Featured in “Mask” Poster

Posters for actress Soo Ae’s television comeback “Mask” have been released.

The two posters were released on May 17 via SBS’s official Twitter account. While one poster features the drama’s four main stars, the other displays the two separate characters played by Soo Ae, Byun Ji Sook and Seo Eun Ha. In the drama, both characters have the same face but have lived completely different lives.

In the left photo, Soo Ae exudes a chic quality while wearing a black dress and simple earrings. In the other photo, meanwhile, she gives off more of an arrogant look in her red suit and showy necklace. In both photos, Soo Ae looks the part of a modern woman as she gazes at the camera nonchalantly with her hair and makeup neatly done.

“Mask” is a mystery drama that is full of competition, rivalry, conspiracy, and revenge. It is set to premiere on May 27 at 10 p.m. following the end of “The Girl Who Sees Smells.”

Source: Soompi (for the full article)

Today has been so hectic since the morning. :sweatingbullets: Please prepare yourself for loads of photos and clips to come. I will update about the press con asap. ;)

Edited by BrisaBreeze

Guest BrisaBreeze

Mask: Press Conference

1.17_zpsbiazdkes.jpg

1.15_zpsfwd50vlm.jpg

1.14_zpsjg5ljoqt.jpg

1.12_zpswvrrpfxu.jpg

1.10_zpsfirurrqg.jpg

1.9_zpsoalshjsb.jpg

1.8_zpsexah9gky.jpg

1.7_zpsjyoquiag.jpg

1.4_zps6albulxy.jpg

1.3_zpscj7o8i61.jpg

Credit as labelled. 

Please excuse me as I can't get enough of these two holding hands. :wub: :wub: :wub: