Yotsuba&!

Godotology

anyone here a fan? I'm pretty sure most Azumanga fans are (or will be) fans of Azuma's latest series. While it shouldn't be compared to Azumanga, most would end up doing it anyways. Main character reminds me of Chiyo and Osaka.. cute little girl that's very naive.. a real innocent little devil. The stuff she does is so random and just plain hillarious, yet "evil". Any one know if there are current plans on making an anime series out of this?
Yotsubafull1574906.jpg~original

Plot:
Yotsuba&! is centered on Yotsuba Koiwai, a five-year-old[8] adopted girl who is energetic, cheerful, curious, odd, and quirky—so odd and quirky that even her own father calls her strange. She is also initially ignorant about many things a child her age would be expected to know, among them doorbells, escalators, air conditioners, and even playground swings.[9] This naiveté is the premise of humorous stories where she learns about, and frequently misunderstands, everyday things.

Volumes: 12 (Ongoing) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5Published by: YenPress
Yotsuba_vol1_cover.jpg~original

Yotsuba6001519400.jpg~original

Yotsubafull1519406.jpg~original

Guest disgruntled_ricecooker

I love what I've read so far and the humor Azuma puts into this is very universal. I see Yotsuba as a Chiyo/Osaka/Tomo mix because she has the annoying, ditzy, and cute qualities those characters have. My favorite gag in the series is how Jumbo uses her to get with Asagi. As far as I know there are no plans for an anime but I sure hope they make one.

plus, i hate that girl's hairstyle!

Her name reflects the hairstyle; Yotsuba is "four leaf clover."

Guest ngaouction

i love yotsuba&!. i just bought vol. 3 today in fact. i'm surprised that it's actually out so soon because japan is only on vol 4 or so. i really hope that they make an anime out of it.

i like yotsuba as a character a lot, but sometimes she does get annoying. like... when she does rude things (i guess unintentionally). the jokes are really funny though. like, laugh out loud funny.

• 1 year later...
Guest ~fantasygurl~

OOH!! i love this manga!!! same author from AZU manga Daioh!! she's one of m fav. mangaka artist!!!

sh is so freaki' FUNNIE as hell!!! she rules and she is so good at writing comedy!!

OMG! I looove this manga! It's awesome! I loved Azumanga too! But the fact that Yotsuba is in like actual manga format (and not like one column cartoons, not that they're was anything bad with them) is a real treat! =D Can't wait for the rest!

Do you think the Yotsuba plot will develop and thicken? Or will they kid around the whole time, like in Azumanga?

Guest Take Five

i like it but it wasn't really LOL funny to me until volume 4.

ADV manga sucks though. i think they just completely forgot about yotsuba.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MIS0HAPPY

this manga is pretty much the only series of manga i own. :)

personally, i think it's the greatest one i have ever read!

it's so random and funny! and that's what i love about all

of azuma kiyohiko's work. :D

i idolize yotsuba so much that i decided to buy a gun.

a water gun. :P

Guest MEIYEE

^Fom Wikipedia:

The series was licensed by ADV Manga for English language distribution in 2004 and released in 2005 . After three volumes were released in the US, the manga was put on hold by ADV Manga, much to the chagrin of readers. Amazon.ca and Amazon.com has recently added volumes 4 and 5 to their website, stating that Yotsuba&! volume 4 is shipping June 27, 2007 and volume 5 is shipping October 10, 2007.

Whooo dunno how reliable that info is.. but hopefully it's right?

The manga's hilarious. It's sooo random. :P

^Fom Wikipedia:

Whooo dunno how reliable that info is.. but hopefully it's right?

The manga's hilarious. It's sooo random. :P

It's true. ADV restructured their manga division and will be releasing Yotsuba&! again along with Gunslinger Girl, another title that was on hiatus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest magichouse

Hey everyone,

I just started reading this little gem, and it's a great manga. so hilarious and random and just wanted to share it with everyone. People who are fans of Azumanga Daioh and School Rumble should enjoy this series.

I posted a link to where you can download and view it online, credits go to the scanlation group Veers. enjoy

Click Here

Archived