Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

@kenjo80 need to watch with subs tonight. But read in LOBS thread that JJS being merman only able to love once, and he was heartbroken with the woman he loved. Something like this.Perhaps he feels heartache? 

Just read twitter, someone twits that JJS stole the thunder from LMH just being a cameo in LOBS. LOL!

• Like 7

I saw the cameo!!! LOVED IT TO BITS!! Especially the Master's Sun scene. Freak'n hilarious. Jung Suk:"Hold it, hold it..."  Ji Sub: "I love you." Ji Hyun&Jung Suk: "WAAAHHH!!" I replayed it three times! Gonna go watch it again. LMAO! JH and JS had GREAT chemistry and they look great together too. We need to petition for the two to get together for a comedy movie or something, it's a must!!!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mintea18 said:

LOTBS Ep. 7's epilogue 

oh no..... Didn't expect 2 new movies were released today... But we still have time, "Hyung" has only been released for 2 weeks. We still have hope for 3 millions viewers..... Hyung's been doing well, 2,3 millions viewers until now is not bad at all! :P Keep fighting Hyung~~

Ya, Hyung is doing really well with 2.3 million admissions just 2 weeks after its release and hope it will reach 3 million by year end........JS-ssi can then end his year with a bang :P  Anyhow, whatever happens, 2016 is still an awesome year for him and there's still another event to look forward to, which is the SBS Drama Awards on Dec 31st.  Would love to see him and GHJ walk the red carpet together :wub:  Rooting for JS-ssi to be awarded the Daesang for JI and 3 million admissions for Hyung.....FIGHTING!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

@kenjo80 need to watch with subs tonight. But read in LOBS thread that JJS being merman only able to love once, and he was heartbroken with the woman he loved. Something like this.Perhaps he feels heartache? 

Just read twitter, someone twits that JJS stole the thunder from LMH just being a cameo in LOBS. LOL!

I can't agree more! I think JJS really steals the spotlight everytime he is on screen! The jealousy scene with LMH, I am sorry LMH fans, but JJS's charisma is all over the place, and his chemistry with JJH is great! As expected from a veteran actor! Although I have to admit, LMH jealosy is cute.

I feel like at last night episode, in that 10minutes of JJS cameo, the main lead actor just shifted.. (I'm biased I know,sorry LMH fans, don't hate me for fangirling over JJS pleaseee) loll

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Silviana Dewi said:

I feel like at last night episode, in that 10minutes of JJS cameo, the main lead actor just shifted.. (I'm biased I know,sorry LMH fans, don't hate me for fangirling over JJS pleaseee) loll

Haha~ This is The JJS forum after all! Be bias all we want! Don't be sorry!

Totally enjoyed JJS's cameo! I especially like the detail of the sound of the pearls dropping into the bag and the famous No No No BG!!! <3 <3 <3

2nd day cameo! Looking forward to it! It'll be so awesome if GHJ surprised us as the ex-GF who broke up with merman and come back to him! XD (I'll take a voice cameo too!) *keep dreaming*

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mundaliv said:

From Hancinema recap, I read as mermaid/merrman, once they out of the sea to seek love, they must be loved the person forever, otherwise, mermaid/merman's heart will hardened and they die. JJS character said that he had been brokerheart so many times by human, who left him once the girls know the real him.... so i guess, his heart has harden and he feel sick :tears:

• Like 4

It is the JJS forum. Hahaha. Hope no offense to LMH fans. But JJS is indeed a scene stealer!!

Just read the recap of last night episode in dramabeans. Totally JJS is seen as the best cameo ever! I love that girlfriday wrote, Never leave Jo Jung Seok!! Hahaha. 

• Like 5

Legend of the Blue Sea Ep 7

a21Xo6M.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-12-07%2Bat%2B3.51.27%2BPM.png

Osen - Naver: 'Legend of the Blue Sea', Will Lee Min Ho find out that Jeon Ji Hyun is a mermaid?... 'trouble'

1. [+5,451, -75] I hope she gets found out by Heo Joon Jae before anyone else

2. [+4,400, -68] How to become a 7th Grade Civil Servant ㅋㅋ

3. [+4,720, -309] Jo Jung Seok hard carried ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+3,851, -260] They were both funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Jo Jung Seok is so likeable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+3,371, -267] Jo Jung Seok's acting was jjang ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+1,212, -28] The roommate hyungnim is so blinded by money, I'm guessing he's gonna cause some big trouble later on

7. [+1,075, -45]  Lee Min Ho looked handsome today!!! And my love Jo Jung Seok, he and Jeon Ji Hyun work so well together

8. [+956, -18] Even if Heo Joon Jae finds out, he will pretend like he doesn't know

Sports Seoul - Naver: 'Blue Sea', Jo Jung Seok a rescuer? NO...Jeon Ji Hyun's mermaid colleague 

1. [+5,080, -24] Hold it in and cry thick tears ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+4,023, -28] They're so crazy. Watching Master's Sun and crying with plastic bag on their faces, so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+3,717, -27] The pearls ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You could hear the pearls falling down when they cry ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+2,871, -20] Ah ㅋㅋㅋㅋtoo funny ㅋㅋㅋ

Nate: 'Blue Sea', Jo Jung Seok warns Jeon Ji Hyun of her time limit "Lee Min Ho has to love you back"

1. [+1,299, -15] Such a detailed tip ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Hold it in then cry ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,224, -17] Jo Jung Seok's cameo is legendary ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I loved it so muchㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,062, -9] Cry thick tears ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+98, -2] The little girl who can hear Chung's voice must be Jo Jung Seok's daughter. He and the mom got divorce ㅠㅠ

5. [+98, -2] Can't Jo Jung Seok just be part of the official cast? ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+73, -2]  Jo Jung Seok ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can't tell if the plastic bag is his adlib or on the script ㅋㅋ

Source

JJS indeed steals the limelight in ep 7......Merman JJS is LOVE :wub:

• Like 3

Excerpts from dramabeans' recaps ^_^

DRAMA RECAPS: Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 7

[...]

Chung wanders over to the river looking for a snack, and takes her shoes off to go diving for fish. She prepares to jump when a coast guard (cameo by Jo Jung-seok) grabs her arm and prevents her, thinking she’s trying to commit suicide.

bluesea07-00812.jpg

He insists on helping her up, when suddenly they lock eyes and a strange moment passes between them. They both look shocked, and then he backs away from her and nods ever so slightly. She does the same, though no words are spoken between them. Are you two… communicating telepathically?

He brings her back to the coast guard office, and when Chung starts to look at him intently, he asks her to speak words, saying that he’s lived here a long time and has nearly forgotten that other language. Could that be mer-language?

The coast guard is shocked to run into a mermaid in the middle of Seoul, and Chung says she’s just as surprised to meet a merman here. Ha, you are a merman! He gapes when she tells him she was about to go diving for food because she’s hungry and has no money, and he shows her a bag with pearls inside.

bluesea07-00878.jpg bluesea07-00881.jpg

Chung says matter-of-factly that those are their tears, and the merman alerts her to the fact that these are worth money here. She doesn’t understand why, but he just tells her it’s true, and demonstrates how to collect them by sticking the plastic bag handles over his ears. Hahahaha. Never leave, Jo Jung-seok!  :lol:

He advises her not to waste her energy on little tears, because the big pearls are worth more, so she’s better off holding it in till she’s got a good cry. He adds that the pink ones are worth the most, and Chung recognizes those as happy tears. The merman says there’s not a lot of opportunity for happy tears while living among people.

Chung plans to cry lots and give all the pearls to Joon-jae, and tells her new merman friend all about the man she likes. She describes Joon-jae as an impressive man who serves his country, and then we cut to Joon-jae reading a book called Scamming With Neuroscience. The merman flips out when he discovers that Chung isn’t just up on land for a vacation, but here to be with a man she loves. “Do you really not know anything?!” he asks. Uh-oh, I’m not liking the sound of this!

bluesea07-00950.jpg bluesea07-00935.jpg

He asks how long she’s been up here (a month), and whether Joon-jae likes her back. She says it’s one-sided still, and the merman can’t believe she’s so hopeless as to just come up on land without a plan. “This is why I tell every fish I see to call mermaids and tell them never to follow their love up here!” he shouts. Chung says she never got the message, and the merman mutters that their goldfish brains must’ve forgotten halfway there, heh. It cracks me up how seriously he’s delivering this dialogue.

Chung asks why it’s so bad to follow her love up to land, and he tells her to listen up: “You’re terminal. The moment a mermaid leaves water and comes to land, your heart starts to harden. Even if your legs aren’t terminal, your heart is terminal. There is only one way to keep you breathing and your heart still beating: the love of the person you love. His love keeps your heart warm and beating—it’s the only way.”

Crap. Well that explains how Joon-jae rushing to her side seemed to bring her back from the brink of death. The merman tells her to hurry and return to the water while there’s still time, and asks what Joon-jae said to her to make her come all this way and risk her life.

bluesea07-00994.jpg

“Did he ask you to date? Get married?” he asks. Chung: “He asked me to eat tasty food. And see fireworks.” The pity in his eyes is unmistakable. He asks if she wants his help, and gives her another tip: “All human men are jealousy incarnate.” She doesn’t know what jealousy is, so he tells her that it’s “the fastest road to love.”  /This sounds SO Hwashin and Nari haha/

He offers to help and thinks that a makeover would be ideal, so first, they need to make some money. Cut to: Mermaid and merman sitting side by side in front of the TV with bags hooked on their ears, watching Master’s Sun (featuring Gong Hyo-jin and made by this PD, for maximum meta). Lol, of course he watches dramas to make tears!

bluesea07-01020.jpg

After getting decked out in new (hilarious) duds, they ring the doorbell at Joon-jae’s house, and the merman introduces himself like he’s Chung’s boyfriend and asks Joon-jae to take good care of his “jagi” while she imposes and stays here. He says he was a little concerned to hear that she was rooming with a bunch of guys, but after seeing Joon-jae in person, he feels that he can rest at ease.

Joon-jae’s jaw drops about five times during that whole introduction, and he laughs in disbelief and shoots back, “You’re at ease? My face isn’t really one that puts people at ease,” he snipes jealously.

The mer-couple ignores him and makes plans to meet tomorrow, and the merman tells Chung to wear her hair back tomorrow so he can see her pretty neckline. The second his hand reaches up to touch her hair, Joon-jae’s eyes narrow in anger.

bluesea07-01038.jpg bluesea07-01035.jpg

When she starts preening, Joon-jae has had enough and pulls her inside, but she runs back out to tell the merman to go first. They argue about it back and forth until Joon-jae snaps and yells at her to come inside, and even then the merman makes a fuss over seeing her one last time and snapping a mental picture just in case he misses her. Chung does the same to him, and Joon-jae grows livid. This is so great.

He finally slams the door in the merman’s face. Nicely done, merman.

[...]

Epilogue.

Right after the merman drops Chung off at home, Joon-jae comes back out and asks what he does for a living. His face falls when the merman says he’s a civil servant, adding that it’s a very stable career for taking responsibility for someone. Joon-jae is further cowed when can’t answer the same question thrown back at him.

The merman asks him to take care of “our Chungie,” and Joon-jae gets huffy again and shouts, “WE will be fine!” The merman leaves with one final thought: “It seems like you’ll always have time and chances, doesn’t it? You don’t.” He turns to go, and Joon-jae mutters in annoyance that he’s trying to act cool in front of him.

But that night Joon-jae falls asleep with his laptop open, the browser on a website called “Becoming a level 9 civil servant.” Aw.

bluesea07-01343.jpg

COMMENTS

That was such a good cameo. This show tends to use its cameos well, but Jo Jung-seok’s was so effective that I wish he could stick around to play the merman for a few more weeks. Okay, then I’d probably get really angsty about him being a real romantic rival, but the jealous reactions from Joon-jae would be worth it [...]

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-7/

Maybe you guys wanna go to the site and read the comments too :P. JJS and JJH should act in a drama together someday!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kenjo80 said:

1. [+5,080, -24] Hold it in and cry thick tears ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

This part is so funny... "Cry thick tears" haha.... ROTF :lol:

Like people have commented on Dramabeans, how could he deliver those ridiculous lines with such a straight face lol... JJS-jjang!!

Looking forward to tonight Episode.. 2 seconds of the Preview and angsty Merman JJS stole my heart already :tears:... I hope writer-nim won't give him a sad ending..

@libes In my imagination, Merman JJS must have the milkiest and softest skin ever heheehe :phew:

• Like 4

This video's got more than 500k views already, wow... Does anyone have the link to the video? :P

9LINc8L.png

1 hour ago, mundaliv said:

Is he dying then in Episode 8? :( 

In the preview of Ep.8 he said his heart was almost harden (cause in Ep 7 he said his love had left him after she'd found out he was a merman)

I hope he won't die tho... (Maybe GHJ will appear and rescue him hehe :P)

• Like 4

The debonair JS-ssi is at a movie VIP Premiere tonight :heart:  One of the headlines reads "조정석 '요즘 바쁜 남자~' JJS "A busy man these days".......so true!  He's undoubtedly one of the hottest celebrities of 2016 :D:wub:

The movie is "Life Risking Romance" starring Ha Ji Won and Chun Jung Myung......how come HJW was not at JJS's Hyung VIP Premiere? :P

6OG4TYO.jpg

DI2wjQf.jpgmfUuanb.jpghC54Mre.jpg

Spoiler

pYFmSaF.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mintea18 said:

This video's got more than 500k views already, wow... Does anyone have the link to the video? :P

9LINc8L.png

In the preview of Ep.8 he said his heart was almost harden (cause in Ep 7 he said his love had left him after she'd found out he was a merman)

I hope he won't die tho... (Maybe GHJ will appear and rescue him hehe :P)

Here's the link >> http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1292379  More than 565K views already.

It would be heartbreaking if JJS the merman were to die from a broken heart :tears:  Trust the writer to conjure up the most hilarious and memorable "ending' for our merman!!  GHJ to the rescue.....I LIKE that :lol:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mintea18 said:

COMMENTS

That was such a good cameo. This show tends to use its cameos well, but Jo Jung-seok’s was so effective that I wish he could stick around to play the merman for a few more weeks. Okay, then I’d probably get really angsty about him being a real romantic rival, but the jealous reactions from Joon-jae would be worth it [...]

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-7/

Maybe you guys wanna go to the site and read the comments too :P. JJS and JJH should act in a drama together someday!

Went and read the comments and wowee, most of them were praising how good the cameo by JJS was and that it's the best cameo ever! JJS jjang :wub:

Bringing over the comments by some of the beanies to JJS thread (can't stop smiling while reading these comments) - hope you guys don't mind.

·          Trust Jo Jung Seok to make anything and everything so much better. The drama just got loads more interesting with his appearance (and exposition)! And his jilted, possibly-dying merman character finally spiced up and enlightened the mermaid mythology the show has been stingily giving in very small doses. Now I’m positively somewhat hooked!

·         I was legit about to give up on this drama (not that it’s bad but the beginning of this ep was dragging and not enough interest to keep me invested) until Jo Jung Seok came onscreen and nailed his cameo so well, I about died and went to k-drama heaven.

·         Ugh, just when you think JJS cannot outdo what he’s done, he proves you wrong. LOVED his character so much I wish he actually was a fixed cast just to have jealousy matches with JJ all drama long!! So sad.. maybe in another alternative world. What a great example of a cameo done right (I’m looking at you Yoo Ah In in DOTS)!

·         I was genuinely beginning to enjoy this show more, even before his appearance. But his cameo was so wonderfully & effectively written that it really did suddenly take everything to another level for me. Not only was it hilarious and informative, it worked to up the stakes in so many different ways. The jealousy, the revelations about the tragic fate of mer-people loving on land, and, finally, Heo Joon-jae taking strides towards getting his life together. 

·         Cracks me up that we were all joking about Lee Min-ho being the merman instead of JJH, but now we get to have Jo Jung-suk, the merman! I love it! That said, I’m pretty sure the show is hinting at him being Yoo-na’s dad (awwww!), but all this talk of heart’s hardening has me really worried about how his is holding up now that his lover left him. Ugh, don’t tell me this cameo is going to break my heart.

·         Jo Jung Suk is love!

·         He is I just loved how smoothly they were able to reference JI in this + including GHJ too!

·         JJS- this has to be the best utilization of cameo.. ( I totally hate the ones where guests appear only for sake of appearing in one frame).. they were so cute (JJ and JJS)

·         I totally agree. Like his cameo wasn’t wasted. In fact, thanks to him, SC won’t live like a beggar anymore and would also be aware of the pros and cons of coming to land.

·         Its a MER-SHIN INCARNATE!!  Omo, somebody pleaseeeee keep him here!!

·         Jealousy Reincarnate. JJS + JJH = Hilarious

·         Jo Jung Seok was amazing, I loved his cameo more than any other. I wish he would stick around as her merman friend..sigh.

·         Pearls & JJS will never be the same.

·         I laughed so hard when I watched that scene. He could even pulled off that scene with that poker face. And when the two of them watched the show together, getting ready to cry and collect the pearls with plastic bags hanging in front of their faces….I DIE.

·         JJS is best.. how could he deliver those ridiculous lines with such a straight face…

·          “You have a time limit.
The moment that a mermaid leaves the water for land, her heart starts to harden.
Even if your legs don’t, your heart has a time limit.
There is only one way you can continue to breathe and keep your heart being on land.
It is only possible when the person you love, loves you back.”

·         Kyaaaah! I love that meaningful Jo Jung Seok cameo.

·         Is it too much to ask if he would just have another scene with Jun Ji Hyun as mermaids underwater?

·         As soon as I found out he was a merman, i was hoping we would get a glimpse of his past when he was a merman. Oh the laughs we could have had. 

·         OH pleasepleaseplease drama Gods, i want to see JJS as a merman!

·         OH MY MER-MAN 

·         I marathon this yesterday and damn, this episode is one of the best!

·         The cameo was just pure gold! And FINALLY some explanations about the mermaid land.

·         And Jo Jungseok's cameo is the Best. Cameo. Ever. So glad this drama didn't get stuck on the mermaids-only rut and got a merman who can not only be Chung's mentor, but also be the one to get Joonjae jealous. Awesome! <3

·         I initially had such low expections for this show but this episode has me on board for real.

·         LMH is doing everything so well – happy, sad, jealous(can’t beat JJS at that though,but still). This is his best performance till date for me.
JJH is showing her real calibre only now and i’m loving the toned down mermaid antics

·         JJS is simply love. God, that man just lights up my screen. Coudn’t stop smiling seeing him there. Stay please, we’ll give you enough love for your immortality.

·         This episode was so great; it was just comedy gold! Loved the merman’s cameo by Jo Jung Suk which added so much more understanding to the mermaid mythology while also providing so many humourous moments. The modern day storyline is certainly poking fun at the mythology, especially when it came to the pearls. The “click, click, click” sequence was so funny. Jeo Ji-hyun is just such an excellent comic actress and I’m enjoying her performance so much.

·         Best cameo ever. I just LOVE Jo Jungseok’s acting, and also that “no no no” song. I want him to stay but then I’m afraid I would ship Cheong with him more than I ship her with Joon Jae. Jun Ji Hyun and Jo Jungseok should act in a rom com maybe someday.

·         If mermaid hearts have an expiration date, how has Jo Jung-seok been on land—long enough to forget mer-language (lol) and maintain a job—when he came up for love as well?

·         That cameo may very well be the best thing that’s happened to me this year in K-dramaland. I really hope Jo Jung-suk sticks around for a while.

·         This was such a great episode! I laughed SO HARD at the mermaids crying pearls while watching Master’s Sun, they’re such a delight! To be fair, I cried while watching that particular scene in that drama as well lmao.

·         The cameo was so great!

·         Also, this might be a leap, but could Jo Jung-seok be the little girl’s (the adorable one who Chungie helps in this episode) father?

·         That would explain why the little girl could hear mermaid language? She’s half human, half mermaid! And the girl’s parents are divorced, which explains why Jo Jung Seok said that humans change.

·         I dropped the show but I might must watch this episode to see the awesomeness of jo jung seok.

·         The best cameo i’ve ever seen. Has anyone done better?

·         This episode was so good! The hour went by so fast. These are my takeaways…I need Jo Jung Seok to have a recurring role. Chung needs mer-friends!

·         OMG, cameo of The Centuryyyyyy!!!!!!

·         So happy about it, just cause it wasn’t a wasted cameo thats so blink-and-you’ll-miss it, one wonders if it was necessary at love. And though I havent watched Jealousy Incarnate(yet), I loved the JJS reference, toped with a Master’s Sun shout out, and you have gold! It was Epic, so Epic! One of the best cameos i’ve seen ever!

·         Most effective use of a cameo ever. I was afraid their jealousy plan would totally backfire, since Joon Jae could pettily kick her out of his house under the guise of “Go live with your boyfriend if you miss him so much.”

·         Wow todays episode was so much fun thanks to JJS cameo

·         Did anyone notice that Joon Jae most likely thinks that JJS is the Ramyun guy now? HAHAHA I think it’s a pretty nice throwback to how Hwashin asked for ramyun in JI!

·         Hehe, actually, because I already knew about his cameo, as soon as they started talking about the Ramyun Guy (lol, who technically is Joon-jae himself) I was like, “ROFL, Lee Hwa-shin is going to be her pretend Ramyun Guy, isn’t he?” It was totally a perfect throwback. Oh JI and the endless ramyun-love symbolism…

·         Jo Jungseok is the best thing that happened to this drama. Can we keep him around longer? He’s totally the girl’s dad, which explains why she can hear Chung. She’s half mermaid! It’s really sad that the reason for divorce was him being merman. I kind of want to see him back with his family. Pleaseeeeeee

·         This episode was perfection! The drama keeps getting better and better!

·         Now I really want a drama with Jeon Ji Hyun and Ju Jeong Suk as main OTP next time~

·         A very effective cameo.

·         Never thought I could love JJS even more. Best cameo ever! Plastic bags will never be the same again. 

·         eek! jo jung-seok cameo was GREAT. a merman pffttt.

·         no offense to lee min-ho, but i thought jo jung-seok had far better presence and impact than lee min-ho has had in the entire drama so far. i’m sorry! lee min-ho is still only serviceable for me; he doesn’t shine either way. but i was actually INTERESTED in jo jung-seok’s scenes, and it was like a breath of fresh air.

·         If other good actors nail a drama character to a tee (say, PBG) or mould into a character perfectly (say, SIG), JJS’s gift is elevating his characters and the drama that he’s in.  Maybe it’s because he’s a musical actor? His screen presence is no joke.

·         JJS is definitely a better actor than Lee min ho but Lee min ho has more screen presence than him.That is why i watch all his dramas including the crappy ones.

·         Not for me. JJS wins hands-down on both counts, though I am liking LMH quite a bit here too.

·         Jo Jungsuk deserves the Daesang for that cameo alone.

bTHPHmU.jpg

JJS-FIGHTING!  Expecting another outstanding cameo performance tonight...oh, ep 8 has started:P

Edit:  A beanie commented that the "ramyun guy" in ep 7 is actually making reference to JI and Hwa Shin's request for cup ramyun!! How cool is that :D

• Like 4