[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung and Suzy Sob Over the ‘Big’ Reveal
episode-13_1.jpg
The secret that had been festering under wraps finally burst out into the open.
The July 16 broadcast of KBS’ Big, the drama’s 13th episode, plunged the characters into confusion as it was revealed that Seo Yoon Jae and Kang Kyung Joon (Gong Yoo) were brothers.
Big′s resident stalker, Jang Mari (Bae Suzy) was the one to discover the secret, and rushed to tell Kang Kyung Joon that his father (Jo Young Joon) was actually Yoon Jae′s father.
But of course, when going to tell Kyung Joon this, she witnessed him embracing Gil Da Ran (Lee Min Jung), and was blinded with jealousy.
While Jang Mari hasn′t been much of a negative force in the drama yet, she managed to turn things around, by telling Kang Kyung Joon, "Once you hear who your father is from Gil Da Ran, you won’t be able to smile like that with her again.”
Though Gil Da Ran hadn′t known the truth of Kang Kyung Joon′s paternity, Jang Mari sets up a meeting between Gil Da Ran and Kang Kyung Joon′s father, and lies to Kyung Joong, saying that Gil Da Ran knew he and Seo Yoon Jae were brothers, and that she pretended she didn’t know in order to get Kang Kyung Joon to receive surgery for Yoon Jae.
Kang Kyung Joon finally learned that he had been born just to help heal his sick brother Seo Yoon Jae, and entered a state of shock. 
In yet another twist of lies and games, Gil Daran then lies to Kang Kyung Joon, in order to get him to leave her, and pretended that she had known all along who Kang Kyung Joon′s father is. 
But even then, Kang Kyung Joon reached out to Gil Daran, saying, “I’m mad, scared and sad. Gil Da Ran needs to hold my hand.” 
But Kang Kyung Joon was left behind to deal with Gil Da Ran′s sudden, unexplained coldness. 
In the meantime, viewers are looking forward to whether Kang Kyung Joon and Seo Yoon Jae’s souls will find their rightful bodies in the midst of this sadness.
Source : Enewsworld

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest payel

After watching the 13th episode my every sympathy for Mari has gone. She became manipulative, evil girl >:) . but I can understand her point of view : all is fair in love and war, this situation is both love (yes it is selfish ) and war (against loosing KKJ for forever). Her concern for KKJ is real but she is taking the wrong path. I dislike Mari now (poor suzy, hong sisters made her stalk the boy who doesn't even love or has any chance to love her for the whole drama , now even made her evil one !!) But I can't dislike Daran less than Mari  :-q KKJ's whole life is like a sad movie. It is enough misery to have such a cruel mom in his life, then Mari  and then Daran. I don't know about noble idiocy,but Daran doesn't need any noble cause to be an idiot, she is  already that from the first episode. Her lack of guts, immaturity added extra misery to KKJ's life. ~X(

Poor KKJ  :(( .. among  these three ladies not a single one deserves him .. he is just too good for them...

After watching the sub, my heart is not only broken--In fact, I am also fuming at the Hong Sisters now.

I understand that angst and twist are necessary even in a light hearted rom-com. But up until episode 12, THE manages to creates a contemplative pacing that makes the psyche know to the audience. Most importantly, it is a story full of heart and fuzzy warmth. It always has a kind of understated bitter sweetness that makes you savor every moment of it. But now? See what happened?! the drama is turning into unnecessary cliches--evil-scheming second female lead, heartless parents, a female lead shrouded in noble idiocy, and a way too perfect male hero who will sacrifice everything for love. It's just too much. Everything goes back to square one. Period.

I always defend and love the drama despite the low rating, and I am grateful to all the great acting, directing and photography. But still, there is something not right about the twist in episode 13. I am actually feeling that the twist is only written for the sake of creating twist and angst. I know the birth secret will be painful, but is it necessary to include Mari in the picture, or even DR who can barely make a decision for herself? I feel deeply moved by GY's performance, but I am not "feeling" the viability of the whole situation. I know this focus of this drama is definitely KJ, but I don't need anything that verges on romantic sublime through rather contrived tragic plot devices. I don't think sacrifice for your love or anything else is maturity. That's MARTYRDOM, the other side of guilt and blame games, which I resent. Everyone has to fend for himself or herself. That's the reality of life. Self-love and self-care is the basis for any kind of love.

Dear KJ, find your own future with or without DR. That's the way to go. The same for DR and Mari too.

Anyway. I will still watch this drama for the sake of GY and LMJ. But I am deeply wounded.
:((

"Big" Lee Min Jung and the world has fallen for Gong Yoo
Lee Min Jung has fallen for Gong Yoo's love magic.
The thirteenth episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Big" showed Gil Da-ran (Lee Min-jeong) acknowledging her love for Kang Kyeong joon (Gong Yoo) and expressing it.
Da-ran and Kyeong-joon shared a kiss in the park. Da-ran asked what happened to her and he said, "You are in an affair with me". Da-ran said, "I should just go jump in the ocean and die. It's because of you I've fallen".
She admitted to liking Kyeong-joon and he dragged her hand saying, "Since youu're already all over me I'm going to get it all". They had a small birthday party in a restaurant and on the way back he asked her for a present.
Da-ran gave him the watch with the initials 'KKJ' carved in it and put it on for him. He said, "Put it on for me and hold onto the time. It's 10:10 right now. Remember it because Gil Da-ran is going to remember KKJ every time she sees this time. Red sun!"
However, Gil Da-ran really thought about him twice a day every time it was 10:10 and some times she looked at the time when it was exactly 10:10. When someone asked her the time, she would automatically answer "10:10" too. She was hypnotize d in Kang Kyeong joon's magic.
However, she found out that Yoon-jae and Kyeong-joon were brothers and told Kyeong-joon, "Yoon-jae is more important to me so save him and go back to where you came from".
Source : Hancinema

Guest ato2c

excuse me for a mini-rant first: can i just that ep 13's opening kiss is just so short and er..incomplete!!! All the panning out and shoulder block, it is basically like they need not have cut last week's kiss scene to build anticipation! Half the time we couldn't even see them kissing! :( okay enough rant.
ep 13 just put me in a rollercoaster! I can't help but hate Mari but I kinda wish DR stopped being the noble idiot. It would be so awesome if she would just stay by KKJ's side to help him through this instead of pushing him away. Whatever it is, I want to see KKJ join with DR. Hong Sisters better not kill our OTP.
Are we in for more tears in ep 14? >______________< OMG after today's ep, it will just be 1 last week of big!

Episode 14 preview !마리의 거짓말에 속은 다란은 자신의 마음과는 다르게 윤재를 위하는 척하며 경준을 떼어내려 한다. 한편 다란이 자신을 속였다고 생각한 경준은 윤재를 살리려는 사람들의 계획대로 되지않게 미국으로 달아나려 하는데...

Guest purplejellie

whitecarrot and pinkblossom's latest input on BIG: http://carrotblossompatch.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/big-frustrations-7/
i have to agree with them on this one :(  hopefully things will get better! :D
class="entry-title"BIG Frustrations… Episode 13 July 16, 2012 · by whitecarrot · in Drama Review I need to stop trying to be punny with the drama title. But I am truly and completely frustrated with Big at the moment. Really Hong Sisters? You have to resort to the “girl loves guy but thinks she can protect him by lying to his face/ evil 2nd lead girl manipulates the situation” plot line? This plot device ...

payel

wrote:

»

After watching the 13th episode my every sympathy for Mari has gone. She became manipulative, evil girl

&gt;:)

. but I can understand her point of view : all is fair in love and war, this situation is both love (yes it is selfish ) and war (against loosing KKJ for forever). Her concern for KKJ is real but she is taking the wrong path. I dislike Mari now (poor suzy, hong sisters made her stalk the boy who doesn't even love or has any chance to love her for the whole drama , now even made her evil one !!) But I can't dislike Daran less than Mari 

:-q

KKJ's whole life is like a sad movie. It is enough misery to have such a cruel mom in his life, then Mari  and then Daran. I don't know about noble idiocy,but Daran doesn't need any noble cause to be an idiot, she is  already that from the first episode. Her lack of guts, immaturity added extra misery to KKJ's life.

~X(

<br />

<br />

Poor KKJ 

:((

.. among  these three ladies not a single one deserves him .. he is just too good for them...

Yups, i can't stand with this story.. i don't watch episode 13 yet.. I just read the synopsis from koala, but that can make me feel so angry.. my heart beats so fast because i really angry with Mari and YJ's mom.. Both of them so selfish.. Mari said she loves KJ, YJ's mom said she loves YJ, but actually they just think about theirselves.. They just hurt KJ-YJ.. Really hate them..And I also dissappointed with Da Ran.. She made KJ cried hardly.. I can't stand with it...

Guest sunshine4ever

The ending of episode 13 is really a heartbreaker. DR is really a big heart-breaker. Wow, so KJ's mom doesn't want him and now Gil Da Ren doesn't want him either. *sobs* It really brought up some emotions in me for this. Poor KJ. Anyway, I wonder what he's going to do with the rental house in Paris? I really enjoyed the scenes with DR & KJ. KJ cracked me up especially the 10:10 trance that he had on her. :) His future is so big and long that it includes her and him flying to the moon together. Umm..it's just so sweet.

I am so completely and utterly disappointed with Big, DR character in particular and the Hong sisters cliche writing in ep13.  I had been going along with things even when they started dragging a bit, because most dramas have the mid draggness.  But tonight- no more.  She was so stupid.  When does it ever help to lie and couldn't you see how hurt he was?  Just looking at him would have made me to do anything in the moment that could have made him feel better.  How can she be so uncaring- she's stupid, there's just nothing else I can say about her character anymore.  GY is an amazing actor, he deserves a better story line than this. 

Guest apricot

Haha I dont know that the beans joke is about Gong Yoo..lol.

Something irk me about this drama. The humor?? Where's the humor Hong Sisters? Okay, some parts are funny but NOT to the extent like "The Greatest Love". I remembered laughing like hell at the panty joke etc.

Could it be the screenwriters? It's the same screenwriters who did Delightful Girl right? I didn't watch Delightful Girl coz it don't even look nice..

Like some peeps, I'm also disappointed at the turnout of this drama. I expected more and it's not really delivered to my expectation..haha. Well, I didn't expect anything from "The Greatest Love" and it made me laugh like nothing..haha. Maybe Cha Seung Won is a factor, that guy is a humor himself hahaha..

That put aside, this drama is still the best amongst all the dramas that are being shown now.

Guest soompigalz

After watching it live yesterday, now i dont have the courage to re-watch it with sub, coz part of me is still pissed with all the angst they put in this one ep even without giving us proper amount of OTP sweetness time. My poor baby, being cornered by all this horrible facts coming one after another.
Im begging u Hong sis, please wrap all this "makjang" elements up to ep 14 n leave the rest of the eps with more heart and satisfying ending.

I really really dislike WEAK female leads... Daran sucks! She's such a naive, noble, stupid girl! Grow some balls and stand up for what you want... stop letting other people tell you what to do! After living with KKJ that long, she still doesn't know what he needs?! She just found out that his real parents are none other than YJ's parents too... and knowing that he has been alone since his mother died, she's going to make him alone again? STUPID! I am seriously tired of the roller-coaster rides that his drama has given me... all the misunderstandings, cat and mouse games! For an adult, Daran is more immature than KKJ... she can't make a decision to save her life...

Mari -- like some of you said, has GOOD intentions but is taking the wrong path. She's a kid -- which is her excuse... what's Daran's excuse for being stupid? Mari has loved KKJ most of her life... she's scared that she's going to lose him too... instead of wimping out the minute she sensed Daran was falling for KKJ, she played games to get what she wanted -- KKJ. She told YJ's father that KKJ comes FIRST to her. She doesn't see that what she's doing is actually what's hurting KKJ...

I'm really considering not watching this drama anymore... too much Daran/KKJ (I like you but I shouldn't) scenes... I want more actions! Are we going to get the two guys to switch back? If so, how is KKJ going to adjust to everything? Is YJ dead?

Daran = ~X( :-q

Guest jordi

FULL RATINGS
13th episode
AGB:Nationwide: 8,2% (-0,7%) Seoul: 9,7% (-0,4%) 
TNS:Nationwide: 8,0% (-1,6%) Seoul: 9,2% (-1,8%) 
MBC Golden Time - AGB: 6,9% / 8,0% ; TNS: 7,2% / 8,8%SBS CHASER leads - AGB: 20,4% / 21,5% ; TNS: 22,1% / 26,6%

Guest soompigalz

FULL RATINGS

13th episode

AGB:Nationwide:

8,2%

(-0,7%) Seoul: 

9,7%

(-0,4%) 

TNS:Nationwide:

8,0%

(-1,6%) Seoul: 

9,2%