[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

There was another question I had too, about how the talisman works. So supposingly it brings him to the future every time he's in life-threatening situations. But it also seems like he must KNOW that he's in a life-threatening situation. I felt surprised that he didn't teleport immediately in that episode when the first arrow was shot and grazed his ear, but then I thought, "oh well, he didn't know about that."

But then, in previous times, the way he got to the future was by asking his assistant to shoot at him with an arrow - to put him in a "pseudo" life-threatening situation - "pseudo" because he knew he wasn't going to die... so doesn't that affect that knowing, in that it isn't life-threatening anymore? But he still managed to time travel.

I don't know if I'm making any sense blush.gif

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was another question I had too, about how the talisman works. So supposingly it brings him to the future every time he's in life-threatening situations. But it also seems like he must KNOW that he's in a life-threatening situation. I felt surprised that he didn't teleport immediately in that episode when the first arrow was shot and grazed his ear, but then I thought, "oh well, he didn't know about that."

But then, in previous times, the way he got to the future was by asking his assistant to shoot at him with an arrow - to put him in a "pseudo" life-threatening situation - "pseudo" because he knew he wasn't going to die... so doesn't that affect that knowing, in that it isn't life-threatening anymore? But he still managed to time travel.

I don't know if I'm making any sense blush.gif

The reason why he didn't teleport when the first arrow was shot which cause his ear injury was not because he didn't know about the assassination. If i interpreted correctly, he will be teleported to 2012 only when he is life-threatening situation in the sense that he is at the brink of death. Like the first time he teleported to 2012, the assassin was about to pierce the sword aiming right at his heart. So he was teleported to 2012 at that moment where the sword is about the reach his heart. Same when he ask his servant/assistant to aim at his heart. So the life-threatening situation will mean that he will be dead at that very moment then will he be teleported to 2012. So the first arrow being shot is not counted since it will only cause ear injury instead of death at that moment.

Hopefully this clear your doubt. I may not be 100% accurate but that's what i know.

Wow!! I managed to keep myself off this thread for the weekend to minimize my addictedness and three pages went by!!

Thanks everyone for posting the pics, spoilers, translations, and the download links. I managed to read some, but not all yet.

Thanks cheldee for posting those pics here!! They look like they are really going to the show. They look so nice together.

Thanks lyra_brillantez for making my day with all your information!! It is very helpful!!

Hmm...Sorry, I forgot who did the translations for the previews...thank you. I wonder what the

proposal

means? Maybe...he wants to act? Just guessing!!

Hmm....Kgrl, it's true, a happy ending is not definite in the series. Now, that you mentioned it, I think it might be an open ended ending. But, I'm still hoping that that last part in the trailer is relatively the last part in the series. I would be okay with that.

In regards to Ep. 2 where the bad guy travelled with BD, well I believe that it might foreshadow that maybe someone else might time travel with him, but I honestly think if the enemy can do it, then the history books should just get thrown out and the series should be longer. The history will constantly change not only for BD, but for the enemies too and we might have the whole incident that is supposed to just happen in the Joseon Era happen in the modern world too. That is just too complicated for my brain to absorb. I mean bringing minor minions over, or taking HJ back, like just minor things is fine, but having the enemy come over is too much for me. Maybe, when he time travels, he takes an area back or forth with him and the bad guy just happened to be in his area, that's why BD took that guy with him. Just guessing!

I'm happy to hear that the ratings are good because I really love this series! I hope it gets better!! Can't wait for Ep. 7 & 8.

I'm not sure what you mean by "butterfly effect". The way I see it, BD's problem is that whatever he sees in history books will not be what happened finally. Every time the talisman catapults him forward in time, history is changed - because he should have died, but did not. And the history books should change accordingly.

History only stops changing when BD stops his time-jumps. But this means he cannot read the final history, because by then, he cannot jump anymore (to read it.)

I think it's still too early to say whether BD's actions or lack of timely death will change history/historical records. I think rather than the Butterfly Effect, it's more of a self-fulfilling destiny theme here. At this point, there hasn't been a second reading of historical records to indicate if history still thinks BD is alive. Historical records are not 100 accurate, after all, they were written by people. So it could very well be that in history BD "disappeared" from politics b/c he "died" from illness, as may have been reported by the guards to mask their failure.

You forgot one more thing... His smile. Imagine a husband like him, intelligent sweet and nice... plus that gorgeous smile?:)

Of course, his good-natured, demure smile is killer! I just love the way he looks and smiles at HJ. *swoon*

The reason why he didn't teleport when the first arrow was shot which cause his ear injury was not because he didn't know about the assassination. If i interpreted correctly, he will be teleported to 2012 only when he is life-threatening situation in the sense that he is at the brink of death. Like the first time he teleported to 2012, the assassin was about to pierce the sword aiming right at his heart. So he was teleported to 2012 at that moment where the sword is about the reach his heart. Same when he ask his servant/assistant to aim at his heart. So the life-threatening situation will mean that he will be dead at that very moment then will he be teleported to 2012. So the first arrow being shot is not counted since it will only cause ear injury instead of death at that moment.

Yes, I believe your theory is very possible.

I'm stilling leaning toward the "he must know death may be looming" idea - it makes for more thematic danger and independent free will. If the talisman was "all-knowing" on when death might occur, it leaves less credence on BD as an individual. Fate is giving him these opportunities, but the choice is still BD's. Even though he knowingly knew there was a possibility that he may transport when his servant shot the arrow, he wasn't sure. So to him it was a huge "life or death" risk, like he told HJ. As for the minion that came with BD into 2012 - I think that was b/c of movement. BD was riding fast on a horse so the teleportation bubble increased when he was in transition.

Guest VilaVilli

Hello, everyone :) Thank you for the links and amazing BTS pics. No wonder our OTP has so much chemistry on and offscreen too... they are simply adorable together.

I've just realized, reading the comments on Dramabeans, that HJ's friend/manager is the same actress who played the hero's sister-in-law in The Princess' Man :w00t:  Now I know why was she so familiar to me!

Guest Iviih

Mvs I found on Youtube!^^ 

The One MV Kim Boong Do and Hee Jin mv

I Missed You So Bad; Boong Doo x Hee Jin mv

Don't want let you go mv

Dance of moths in the night sky mv

Rhythm of Love; Boong Doo x Hee Jin mv

Okay guys, that pictures posted above wasn't enough for me, so I went to find more and JHW can't take his hand off In Na! And In Na can't stop blushing! Awwwwwwww I'm starting to ship them off screen too lol, but I heard JHW likes noonas? 

I think they will kiss again! lol See how she is with her eyes closed and he is leaning in? Aww!

Look their hands! wub.gifwub.gif

1c950a7b02087bf43c848f5.jpg

os2012050720387715620.jpg

f636afc379310a55fd12474.jpg503d269759ee3d6ddd911e7.jpg

20120507235322829.jpg

2012050720387791401.jpg

nsnisi20120507000630636.jpg

dk2239280.jpg

120507phstt4.jpg

2012050720285010011.jpg

a08b87d6277f9e2f2e02c6a.jpg

ms20120507202325688800.jpgos2012050720267797340.jpg

20120507133638951423854.jpg

os2012050720357769230.jpg

os2012050720287748410.jpg

201205071336391459.jpg

e120507022.jpg

I guess since has no kiss picture posted on the korean sites or Baidu, I think they didn't kiss?

Maybe someone stopped them ? Or BD was teasing HJ?

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hmm....Kgrl, it's true, a happy ending is not definite in the series. Now, that you mentioned it, I think it might be an open ended ending. But, I'm still hoping that that last part in the trailer is relatively the last part in the series. I would be okay with that.

TBH, I want an open ending. Personally, I think it'll have more impact and leaves room for imagination. Not that I would dislike a happy ending, but that I have developed ennui for the usual bow-tied-happily-ever-afters in trendy Kdramas. And this drama is too good a production to ruin it with one of those bland endings. So my preference is an open ending that hints at BD-HJ's future together.

Iviih, I couldn't resist the spoiler pics and they are so cute! Just look at JHW's body language; tilted posture, firm hands, smiles that reaches all the way to his eyes, and direct gaze at YIA. Those are looks of attraction in my book. Omo, reminds me of Eugene and her now husband Ki Tae Young when they were in Creating Destiny - the drama was beyond mediocre, but their chemistry was sizzling. P.S. Love the FMVs you shared, so sweet, helping to pass the time at work. :)

Guest iamking

Just saw episode 5 with subs.  Really those two.  They've got the waiting, staring and heavy silences down perfectly.  In a previous episode, I love the scene where it was raining, HJ was waiting in the car when BD knocked.  The stared at him as if saying "There you are.  I've been waiting all my life."  Then in the car after BD got in, HJ continued to look at him like her heart is full of something.  I love her yearning look.  Again in episode 5 where they meet in the library after closing and it's time for them to say goodbye.  Ah, they are swoon-worthy together.

:3 i love that car in the rain scene too^_^ the instrumental music is also soo beautiful!

does anyone got a cut from that scene?

Guest nauna

Finally got caught up and just finished ep 6. I think it's now official, this is my new drama crack! BD is fast becoming a favorite Kdrama hero. I love a reformed bad boy as much as the next girl, but how great is it to have a male lead that I can adore from the get go without having to wait for 'true love' to turn him into a decent human being?

Like others here, I also find DM amusing, and kind of adorable in his own narcissistic way. He hasn't been malicious at all, just completely self-absorbed and more than a little clueless. It helps that he's not the male lead and there are zero expectations of me shipping him with HJ.

HJ has, so far, been just the right mixture of cute and spunky, and she and BD together are just pure win. Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised, because I haven't been a big fan of this actress before, but I really like her here. I love HJ's every interaction with BD, she is in pure flirt mode! So, so cute!

hello everyone....

2nd post on this thread and that too just let you all know how much m loving/enjoying this show.

A show which makes sense with every small action that BD takes to travel between the times like place where he disappears and comes back again at exactly the same place (hahahaha...i loved when HJ was wondering the washroom will he appear here again or not). Also how he disappeared from the washroom and then covered the distance till library and then appears again.

BD's sharp mind , observant eyes, his intelligence, quick grasping, his learning capability. He learned everything on his own even when he is 300 years ahead of his own time. Never looked confused or dazed about the surroundings but his eyes always like a X Ray trying to analyze what ever is in front of him, and then no one can have an iota of doubt whether he is new here. The way he learned about Korean currency with the help of the book and then utilized the same knowledge in the shop to buy the medicines (that was a marvelous scene...when shop keepers asks for change and we see how his brain clearly imagines the change after 3 currency notes with a perfect coin sound like a bell rang in his head). And then his phone call to the HJ and how he confessed it was so tough that he took 3 days to learn to call you.

About Joesen era...I have to admit its so damn greatly shoot that I can watch it w/o even asking for anything else. Everything is so dense and serious but still it leaves an impact deeper in ur mind and heart (I have watched only one History Drama that Dae Jang Geum and I can feel so much sincerity in this show's Joeson time that sometimes I get a feel of DJG..may be coz I have watched only one complete history drama and 1st fusion drama with so much of history part).

Male Lead...he has a killer smile I must admit.......he was looking so cute when he was trying to control his laughter when HJ's manager mentioned abt her kissing habit. His admiring look when HJ keeps on blabbering on the airport in epi#6......

I have many many more small small bits of BD, his smile, his eyes that all this post will be filled with it....but let it be for some other time. I just wanted to be a part of this amazing thread and hope I'll have many more BD's specialties in coming epi to write about.

Once again...I m in love with this drama.

Guest Iviih

I love the car-rain scene too! The music, their stares, everything is soo pretty!

I took some screen caps of this scene:

ljsods.jpg

jdojsdjos.jpg

josjds.jpg

nkznxzxec.jpgjdps.jpg

snkjds.jpg

jxdjos.jpg

nskdsz.jpg

jdpsd.jpg

16ds.jpg

1s6sdcopy.jpg

1sd6dscopy.jpg

bghj2copy.jpg

d16s1ds.jpg

dns2dns.jpg

jdjosd.jpg

kdspdks.jpg

1sd6s.jpg1f6sf16scopy.jpg

bghj.jpg

s61d16sd.jpg

sd16ds.jpg

sdjoisd.jpg

s6ds.jpg

Guest kibum-LOVE

Just before Wednesday, does anyone know where we can watch this live on TvN?

Also does anyone know if it's a song or could do a rip of Hee Jin's ring tone? I think it's so precious and would love that as my own ring tone even if it'll elicit a few weird stares :)

Guest samgyubsal

I recently started watching this drama and blew through all 6 eps in 2 nights :P

Did this remind anyone of HMR's Sexy Simpleton by any chance? That's the first thing that came to mind.. but then I realized that in Sexy Simpleton.. the girl was blasted to the past, not the guy to the future....

Guest jaejoongstolemyheart

lyra_brillantez - When I translated the written preview for Ep 8, I did write (suggestion) next to the word "proposal" because that was what the Korean word was, a proposal as in a suggestion, not a proposal as in asking someone to marry you. Just so we don't all get too disappointed :sweatingbullets: But who knows~ a real "proposal" might come. Hahaha...

Hmm... the scene frenzlove is talking about is rather curious. I am sure also that BD travelled to 2012 in that scene because there was one flashback showing clearly HJ talking a walk, and BD appeared out of a time warp on the horse behind her. I'm guessing.... LOL another wild theory, that there's an in-between place? Because like, BD killed that assassin in front of HJ, but then the body disappeared into nothingness, like because it didn't belong in that time. But then the people back in Joseon didn't find the body either. So where did that body go? Somewhere in-between?

Another thing I'm curious about is... is it possible that people who link hands, or who has bodily contact with BD - will that person be able to travel between time too? This is probably not connected but I was just wondering hehe. I am really curious as to what will happen if HJ got to travel back. BD will have to be her bodyguard :wub:

And in the previews, it does seem like Min-am got something that he's laughing evilly about. I do wonder if it's another talisman (though I doubt it because you can't give time-travelling powers to so many people >.<) or it may be a letter or that decree.

I LOVE THE NEW PHOTOS on the red carpet :w00t: You can just feel the air of love surrounding them.

Wednesday can't come soon enough!

The sad thing is that tomorrow is taking years to come!

I'm hoping so! I really do want to see YIN in the past for at least once. And our Boongdo can speak to her with the Joseon cheesy man style LOL. Just joking i wouldn't want that since i really love Boongdo and Heejin's innocence! I can squeal at them forever.

Im thinking the soul he killed didn't even die since it happened in 2012... But... Yeah, where did his body go to?

But the thing is.... if the guy actually was able to come to 2012 with Boongdo.... technically...... Heejin should be able to go back with him right?:)

TBH, I want an open ending. Personally, I think it'll have more impact and leaves room for imagination. Not that I would dislike a happy ending, but that I have developed ennui for the usual bow-tied-happily-ever-afters in trendy Kdramas. And this drama is too good a production to ruin it with one of those bland endings. So my preference is an open ending that hints at BD-HJ's future together.

Iviih, I couldn't resist the spoiler pics and they are so cute! Just look at JHW's body language; tilted posture, firm hands, smiles that reaches all the way to his eyes, and direct gaze at YIA. Those are looks of attraction in my book. Omo, reminds me of Eugene and her now husband Ki Tae Young when they were in Creating Destiny - the drama was beyond mediocre, but their chemistry was sizzling. P.S. Love the FMVs you shared, so sweet, helping to pass the time at work. :)

Me tooo! I do want an open ending as well... a happy ending would be too .... unrealistic. Though i'd really love to see Heejin and Boongdo happily together forever in love.

And YES i was trying to figure out.... like those pics... so damn familiar. And you mentioned it! Ki Tae Young looking at eugene!!!

Oh damn it, YIN and JHW's chemistry is exploding.

lyra_brillantez HEHEHE i'm sure whether he treats her like a dongsaeng or whether he likes noonas or what, im sure................. they have a certain attraction to each other. It can be brotherly sisterly kinda attraction as well..

Whatever the case, im just enjoying every bts pic i see of them.

Im just wondering, the pic where YIN has sth in her eye??? and Jihyunwoo is helping her.... That's so cute... Wonder if it's part of the filming or what. From the way i look at it, he treats her like a sister he wants to shower love on. That's so cute! Did rather it be love from a guy to girl though HAHAHAHAH. But let me try not to be deluded.

This drama is crazily addictive. This is the first cable drama im actually following loyally!!!!

I actually come home everyday to replay some scenes........................ with Ji Hyun Woo's smile. Goodness, his smile melts me.

I am sold!!!! OMG the way BD looks at HJ is just so OMG swoon worthy!!! I love his smile I love everything about him!!!! Yoo In Na is also so adorable in here! she is definitely lead material now! wah! I can't wait for subs!

Guest The Hamzter

if ya want to watch the drama online eng sub of course i haves it uploaded via my dailymotion page swingggg - http://www.dailymotion.com/TheHamzter

Mvs I found on Youtube!^^

The One MV Kim Boong Do and Hee Jin mv

I Missed You So Bad; Boong Doo x Hee Jin mv

Don't want let you go mv

Dance of moths in the night sky mv

Rhythm of Love; Boong Doo x Hee Jin mv

Okay guys, that pictures posted above wasn't enough for me, so I went to find more and JHW can't take his hand off In Na! And In Na can't stop blushing! Awwwwwwww I'm starting to ship them off screen too lol, but I heard JHW likes noonas?

I think they will kiss again! lol See how she is with her eyes closed and he is leaning in? Aww!

Look their hands! *quoted image**quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image**quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image**quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I guess since has no kiss picture posted on the korean sites or Baidu, I think they didn't kiss?

Maybe someone stopped them ? Or BD was teasing HJ?

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

It looks so much like a real movie premiere that I can't help thinking their couple is real.. they would look so cute together in real life!

Guest Spellbound313

@lyra_brillantez THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE RINGTONE!!! I've been looking for it for days!!! :wub: :wub:

I love this drama, so far I can say it really is becoming one of my favorites!

Archived