The Queen asks if the King is waging war on Yuan. "It is your country, " says the King."It WAS my country," says the Queen. The King asks if Goryeo is now the Queen's country.

I still cannot comprehend how women back in the oldern days can forget give up on their birth home that easily.
I would cry my heart out leaving my home behind because I marry a man, i.e. family.
For NG and ES, they are not going to see their family ever again!!! :'(

Guest farstrep

Gukja said: The Queen looks down and asks the King to forgive her. To her it doesn't matter what name her country is called. She looks at him and tells him that for her, her country is a place where her husband can sleep with ease. That is enough for me.
Love that, like ES, Noguk is the voice of reasoning for the King when he's drown in his political affair as a King.She keeps him grounded. :x

Guest Gukja1430292028

NEXT SCENE - PALACE HALLWAY
CY is walking with DolBae and Jung Hoon, and run into GC and YS. They stop briefly, GC gives him a look and walks off. CY turns to see them go, then turns to DB and asks him to remind the Suribang, not to lose them again. DB nods.
CY continues that if the Yuan envoy enters Gaegyeong, it will be very troublesome. DB asks what if he is found... CY interrupts his question and tells him, "Do not allow him to live."
NEXT SCENE - A ROOM IN THE PALACE
All the ministers plus GC are sitting at a table. The door opens, 3 Wudalchi and 3 imperial guards followed by Ahn Jae enter the room. Then the King enters accompanied by CY and DC carrying a pile of thick books.The Ministers and GC get up to greet the King. The King takes his seat and announces the meeting starts at that moment.
"The first order of business. Eunyang Troop and Yongho Troop. The two armies have undergone restructuring. The penalisation of the traitors and the palace's internal reform has already concluded," says the King firmly. "The second order of business. An investigation of the Cheonmyeong Academy of Classical Learning is being conducted." This prompts GC to look up at the King.
The King addresses GC directly, asking about Cheonmyeong Academy being installed at GC's request. The King announces to everyone that taxes meant for the National Treasury ends up in GC's house through Cheonmyeong Academy, according to a report received. GC looks like he's trying to control his anger.
DC places the books he was carrying on the table in front of the King. The King tells them that the books are palace tax ledgers and asks the ministers to examine them. Someone has reported that they are fabricated. The ministers nod in agreement.
"The third order of business,"continues the King, "Upon my departure from Hyeongocheon, I suffered an assault by bandits en route to the palace."
The King now addresses Ahn Jae asking if the bandits have been caught. Ahn Jae answers that on following their trail, the imperial troops have already caught 20 of them. Ahn Jae then announces, (and just before that we can see CY smirk, so they must have planned this dialogue!) that through interrogation, it has been revealed that they are actually from GC's private army.
The King asks GC what he has to say. GC answers carefully that on his private army acting like bandits, this is news to him. But he declares that he will go home and investigate this matter immediately. If someone was actually responsible, he will expose them and handle the matter in a fair manner.
CY speaks up telling GC not to go to so much trouble. All roads leading to GC's residence has already been sealed off. They are currently tracking down those soldiers who are now returning to the army barracks. GC just gives a little laugh.
The King continues, "Pending the conclusion of this investigation, GC will receive the sentencing of Jungdobucheo." GC's eyes widen in disbelief. "The location will be his residence,"says CY.
GC looks at the King in indignation, "You are placing me under house arrest?" The King says yes, or would he prefer the dungeon? GC says it will not be possible. 

GC's voice continues to rise as he announces that there is a place he must go to, and they cannot...
CY puts his hand on GC's shoulders while the Wudalchi and Imperial guards have already drawn their swords. CY just stares at GC, whilst GC's face has a myriad of expressions.
image image
please do not quote/repost gif

Choi Young's Exclusive Side Profile GIF Collection :D
http://i.minus.com/iuAUWPyuJGuxA.gif

Dear @farstrep - You are UP next! ^ ^
Thank you!

iGZZHukFzhGfq.jpg

Another priceless expression from Gi Cheol. :))
Add this to your collection @sia3. =)) =))
Maybe you can make a gif out of all of them. :P

Hanjae

said:Young's statement that Eun Soo has always been first and that he had never really known such a thing as "allegiance" to his nation goes far beyond being an expression of his love for a woman.

To me, it connects to the idea that Eun Soo is the home that Young had never had

- a symbol of warmth, happiness, refuge and something to fight for. How much must she have meant to a man like Young, who had never known peace? His life in the Jeogwoldae required him to be constantly on the move without a settled place to live, and he continued to be tossed around even within the palace when one king replaced another. In Eun Soo, he had found not only home but allegiance - his home is where she is, his nation is where she lives. This realization shakes the very core of his being, which had previously known only honor, duty and loyalty to his master and his king.

This building conflict within him is expressed later in a very literal manner - his sword hand shakes because his heart and mind are pulling him in different directions. The challenge, then, lies in finding a balance between the two so that he can fulfill his duties to his king and subordinates without endangering Eun Soo.

Back in the medical building, ES is trying to read parts of her journal that are faded.  She puts it by the light of a lamp.  Feeling frustrated that she cannot read it, she rumples her hair and leans on her chair and almost topples over.  In comes CY just in time to catch her.  He pushes back her chair and tells her to continue what she was doing.  

ifu8qqZHoS67G.gif ieNOhVSFkuh0V.gif

Then he sits by the window in a chair and puts up his feet.  ES sees that his feet are close to some jars she was working on so she goes to him and moves his feet down.  THen she sees that he has a book so she asks him, you can read?

ibantPZgPYuep.gif ibKT9wGrc5JXH.gif

CY says he can.

ES wants to know what he is doing here.

CY tells her that GC is in the palace and his mind is a little unstable at the moment.  He does not know what he would do if he finds out where ES is.  So he is there to protect her.

Es says coyly, if she is dragged out again, he will come rescuer her.

Then she starts explaining about the jars in the window.  She is preparing an antidote with JB.  In other words she is really making an antibiotic.

Guest farstrep

Ok coming up is one of my favoritest scenes... can I swoon first before I start recapping? SWOON. THUD.
NEXT SCENE - ES'S ROOM
ES is holding out the pages of the journal into the light. Maybe she's looking for a secret message. LOL She sits down at the table and holds them out to the flame of small ceramic oil lamp. Her hair is already mussed up, and in her exasperation she musses it up some more tilting back in her chair and losing her balance, caught in time by CY who just came in.

He pushes the chair (and her) back up and tells her to carry on with what she was doing. With a book in hand, he pulls a chair by the window, puts up his feet and begins to read. ES smiles to herself initially, then remembering, her eyes growing wide, she rushes to the window to push his feet off the window sill to check on her ceramic pots by the window. He's startled by her rough action, but she just smiles at him.

http://i.minus.com/iboF0m4Z1tdDzk.gif

She looks at the book in his hand, and asks him "You can read." He affirms it. ES asks what is he doing in her room. He tells her while looking at his book that he is watching over her, since GC's state of mind was becoming increasingly unstable. She smiles, amused. You can almost see her thought bubble saying "Yeah, right!"
CY tells her that if GC knows that she is there, he cannot imagine what GC would do.
"Are you afraid I will get dragged off again?" She teases. He can always come save her again, she muses. He looks up to see her smiling her little smile.
She tries to explain what she's doing. She has a bet going on with JB, to see who will produce an antidote first. She is right now cultivating pathogenic bacteria in the earthen pots. In other words, she says, she is trying to make an antibiotic.
"Mixed into the pus excreted from the wound is honeycomb, honeysuckle and holy water. Each one is added one by one..." (incidentally viki and dramafever translates holy water as toad venom.)
CY loses his patience, gets up and brings her to the copper mirror on her table. He points to her reflection and asks her to do something about her hair. She starts to comb her hair with her fingers muttering, "What about it?"
http://i.minus.com/iOuj30vWyo5ii.gif